Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mayhem! At the Jamboree [CYOA]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ztWyvAR.png[/img][/center] It's finally time for the Wind festival! As the travelers flock to the Windswept Plateau, the clan of Two Hunters' Retreat offers everyone interested a tour around the realm of the Windsinger, and a brief taste of the life on the wind - and what occasion that the playful Wind dragons partake in doesn't end in at least a little mayhem? [i]Especially[/i] the Jamboree. Especially when the two guides clash so much... [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/lp4nrTx.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15734280] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/157343/15734280_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] As you wander across Jamboree grounds, with its brightly-coloured stalls and all kinds of attractions, you catch the eye of a Spiral behind a make-shift table and under a banner proclaiming [i]"Life in Windswept Plateau - it's a Breeze!"[/i]. He calls out to you, politely yet eagerly. He's young, clad in armor and with evidence of past battles on his scales, but his voice carries a note of awkwardness unusual for Spirals. [b]"Hello, esteemed traveller! I am Sodalite, of the Two Hunters' Retreat. I appreciate your presence here, at the festival honouring my flight! Would you like to learn more about us? About the great Windsinger, our father, our traditions and customs? I am here to offer you a tour across our lands! No doubt that would interest you?"[/b] His hopeful expression fades and turns to one of annoyance and almost comic anger as you hear a different voice. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18583275] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/185833/18583275_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]"Yeah, right! If they want a [i]snooze fest[/i]. It's Jambo[i]ree[/i], Soda! Try to look it, at least!"[/b] Another Spiral pokes her head above the table and winks at you before taking to air lazily and streaming over to you - unlike Sodalite, she doesn't seem to have any trouble talking to others. [b]"What [i]I[/i] am here to do is give you a [i]real[/i] taste of our life! Speed! Races! The Twisting Crescendo! Exploring! Throwing stuff into the Sea! If you go with Soda there, he'll just keep talking about the Windsinger and history and all that religious stuff. He's a bore. The banner's my idea, by the way!"[/b] She winks again, as if proud of the terrible pun up on the banner. Sodalite, instead, looks as ruffled as a Roc, despite not even having any feathers. [b]"The "religious stuff" is part of our heritage! It's who we are!"[/b] he bursts out indignantly. [b]"How can you be like this!? And... The Twisting Crescendo? None may enter it who are not blessed by the Windsinger! We should take them up to the Cloudsong instead[/b]!" The other Spiral rolls her eyes in response, and leans in to you. [b]"See? Total bore, I told you,"[/b] she whispers conspirationally, and then grins. [b]"Anyway, name's Auttepele, everybody but Soda calls me Pele, and I'm the cool guide here, unless you like boring stuff. You don't like boring stuff, do you?"[/b] Before you have a chance to reply and Sodalite has a chance to chastise her for calling him "Soda", Auttepele turns back to him and continues in a ridiculously self-confident and smug voice. [b]"Anyway, everyone's [i]seen[/i] Cloudsong. It's just a bunch of, of wood and bamboo and cloth, and all that stuff. It looks pretty from the distance, but it's not fun. You just stand on it, and you can do that on the ground. But to fly in the Crescendo... that's the real stuff! That's what Wind is really like! And that's what we should be showing to our guests."[/b] [b]"Absolutely not,"[/b] frowns Sodalite in response. [b]"It's too dangerous for those who weren't born here, and it's against the rules, Auttepele. I don't want to endanger our guests."[/b] [b]"Danger-shmanger!"[/b] exclaims the other Spiral excitedly. [b]"I bet everyone who comes here can make up their own mind without you telling them, [i]and[/i] I bet I'll get way more volunteers to go with me into the Crescendo than you with your history lessons in the Cloudsong!"[/b] [b]"Hah! Well,[i] I'm[/i] sure our guests would be more interested in our heritage and traditions than your reckless flying! Next you'll say visitors to the Plague lands should all jump into the Wyrmwound."[/b] The air almost crackles between the two Spirals as they try to stare each other down before turning to you and exclaiming in unison. [center][b][size=4]"You! Where do we go?"[/b][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/M4XyHhw.png[/img][/center] [LIST] [*][b]EDIT: 18 players max!/b] You will be divided into two groups, depending on your wishes: [*]You can join [b]either[/b] Sodalite or Auttepele's group, but not both of them. [*]Each day you will be [b]given a new choice[/b] as your group progresses through the Windswept Plateau to their respective destinations. The choices can get pretty unpredictable, and the story will progress depending on the [b]majority vote[/b] of each group. Each player will receive small gift-packages of items their group finds during the journey each day. [*]If you want to discuss things OOCly, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1804308]here is the OOC thread![/url] [*]Please don't god-mod! [s](Unless Noodledad finally drops by...)[/s] The aim of this event is to be fun, and it's never fun when someone's character is overpowered. [*]Only [b]one dragon[/b] per player. [*]Respect other players! We're all in this together, after all. [*]If you have any questions, ask the mod (@tonake). [/LIST]
ztWyvAR.png

It's finally time for the Wind festival! As the travelers flock to the Windswept Plateau, the clan of Two Hunters' Retreat offers everyone interested a tour around the realm of the Windsinger, and a brief taste of the life on the wind - and what occasion that the playful Wind dragons partake in doesn't end in at least a little mayhem? Especially the Jamboree. Especially when the two guides clash so much...

lp4nrTx.png

As you wander across Jamboree grounds, with its brightly-coloured stalls and all kinds of attractions, you catch the eye of a Spiral behind a make-shift table and under a banner proclaiming "Life in Windswept Plateau - it's a Breeze!". He calls out to you, politely yet eagerly. He's young, clad in armor and with evidence of past battles on his scales, but his voice carries a note of awkwardness unusual for Spirals.

"Hello, esteemed traveller! I am Sodalite, of the Two Hunters' Retreat. I appreciate your presence here, at the festival honouring my flight! Would you like to learn more about us? About the great Windsinger, our father, our traditions and customs? I am here to offer you a tour across our lands! No doubt that would interest you?"

His hopeful expression fades and turns to one of annoyance and almost comic anger as you hear a different voice.

"Yeah, right! If they want a snooze fest. It's Jamboree, Soda! Try to look it, at least!"

Another Spiral pokes her head above the table and winks at you before taking to air lazily and streaming over to you - unlike Sodalite, she doesn't seem to have any trouble talking to others.

"What I am here to do is give you a real taste of our life! Speed! Races! The Twisting Crescendo! Exploring! Throwing stuff into the Sea! If you go with Soda there, he'll just keep talking about the Windsinger and history and all that religious stuff. He's a bore. The banner's my idea, by the way!" She winks again, as if proud of the terrible pun up on the banner.

Sodalite, instead, looks as ruffled as a Roc, despite not even having any feathers.

"The "religious stuff" is part of our heritage! It's who we are!" he bursts out indignantly. "How can you be like this!? And... The Twisting Crescendo? None may enter it who are not blessed by the Windsinger! We should take them up to the Cloudsong instead!"

The other Spiral rolls her eyes in response, and leans in to you. "See? Total bore, I told you," she whispers conspirationally, and then grins. "Anyway, name's Auttepele, everybody but Soda calls me Pele, and I'm the cool guide here, unless you like boring stuff. You don't like boring stuff, do you?"

Before you have a chance to reply and Sodalite has a chance to chastise her for calling him "Soda", Auttepele turns back to him and continues in a ridiculously self-confident and smug voice.

"Anyway, everyone's seen Cloudsong. It's just a bunch of, of wood and bamboo and cloth, and all that stuff. It looks pretty from the distance, but it's not fun. You just stand on it, and you can do that on the ground. But to fly in the Crescendo... that's the real stuff! That's what Wind is really like! And that's what we should be showing to our guests."

"Absolutely not," frowns Sodalite in response. "It's too dangerous for those who weren't born here, and it's against the rules, Auttepele. I don't want to endanger our guests."

"Danger-shmanger!" exclaims the other Spiral excitedly. "I bet everyone who comes here can make up their own mind without you telling them, and I bet I'll get way more volunteers to go with me into the Crescendo than you with your history lessons in the Cloudsong!"

"Hah! Well, I'm sure our guests would be more interested in our heritage and traditions than your reckless flying! Next you'll say visitors to the Plague lands should all jump into the Wyrmwound."

The air almost crackles between the two Spirals as they try to stare each other down before turning to you and exclaiming in unison.

"You! Where do we go?"

M4XyHhw.png

• EDIT: 18 players max!/b] You will be divided into two groups, depending on your wishes:
  • You can join either Sodalite or Auttepele's group, but not both of them.
  • Each day you will be given a new choice as your group progresses through the Windswept Plateau to their respective destinations. The choices can get pretty unpredictable, and the story will progress depending on the majority vote of each group. Each player will receive small gift-packages of items their group finds during the journey each day.
  • If you want to discuss things OOCly, here is the OOC thread!
  • Please don't god-mod! (Unless Noodledad finally drops by...) The aim of this event is to be fun, and it's never fun when someone's character is overpowered.
  • Only one dragon per player.
  • Respect other players! We're all in this together, after all.
  • If you have any questions, ask the mod (@tonake).
HUPya8X.pngfj9buO7.pnghIj7jwJ.png
9hSEhEA.pngGICME1y.png7fAUMwP.png
1D2yhnu.pngK507Hal.pngudcB2pK.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7500744] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/75008/7500744_350.png[/img] [/url] "Whoa." Malvacea hadn't really been expecting that many words in that short a time. [b]Sodalite[/b] seemed a lot more reasonable than Auttepele, so: "Sir? I'll go with you to the Cloudsong." She sidled away from the stand, enough to not block the view, and sat, tail curled around her paws. ((Hey @tonake , nice to see you again.))

7500744_350.png

"Whoa."

Malvacea hadn't really been expecting that many words in that short a time. Sodalite seemed a lot more reasonable than Auttepele, so: "Sir? I'll go with you to the Cloudsong."

She sidled away from the stand, enough to not block the view, and sat, tail curled around her paws.

((Hey @tonake , nice to see you again.))
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
[center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21570282] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215703/21570282_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Usignolo is slightly taken aback at the vehement question, but it’s flattering to be held in such high regard by both spirals. “Well there’s no saying no to a pretty lady who speaks of adventure,” he says to Pele after a few seconds of thought. “With your expertise I’m sure the Twisting Crescendo will be a breeze. Sorry, Sodalite,” he adds though his tone is far too cheerful to be contrite, “At least this way it will be an even split.” He settles on Pele’s side of the stand with a nod towards a sunshine guardian and begins quietly humming a tune as he thinks of the adventure that awaits. ((@tonake: Happy Mistral Jamboree! Hope the mayhem in creating this wasn’t too bad. Sorry if there were sign-ups that I missed – I can delete this in that case.))

Usignolo is slightly taken aback at the vehement question, but it’s flattering to be held in such high regard by both spirals.

“Well there’s no saying no to a pretty lady who speaks of adventure,” he says to Pele after a few seconds of thought. “With your expertise I’m sure the Twisting Crescendo will be a breeze. Sorry, Sodalite,” he adds though his tone is far too cheerful to be contrite, “At least this way it will be an even split.”

He settles on Pele’s side of the stand with a nod towards a sunshine guardian and begins quietly humming a tune as he thinks of the adventure that awaits.

((@tonake: Happy Mistral Jamboree! Hope the mayhem in creating this wasn’t too bad. Sorry if there were sign-ups that I missed – I can delete this in that case.))

CLCsigWT.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15599899] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/155999/15599899_350.png[/img] [/url] Namequake glanced from Spiral to Spiral, contemplating his choices. Academia or adventure? "Well," the Coatl began, having weighed his options thoroughly, "As exciting as a flight through the Crescendo may be, I think I want to keep my feathers intact today. Besides, I did come here more for curiosity than a thirst for adventure." Namequake slinked over to [b]Sodalite[/b] and the Guardian. He muttered quietly to himself, "And I doubt the mechanics will be much of a help inside an actual tornado." (@tonake I do hope I'm not introducing- I can always back out if I've made some sort of major mistake)

15599899_350.png

Namequake glanced from Spiral to Spiral, contemplating his choices. Academia or adventure?

"Well," the Coatl began, having weighed his options thoroughly, "As exciting as a flight through the Crescendo may be, I think I want to keep my feathers intact today. Besides, I did come here more for curiosity than a thirst for adventure."

Namequake slinked over to Sodalite and the Guardian. He muttered quietly to himself, "And I doubt the mechanics will be much of a help inside an actual tornado."

(@tonake I do hope I'm not introducing- I can always back out if I've made some sort of major mistake)
“Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est"
They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier.
~ David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Dandelion's Poetry Shop
(@tonake not sure how fast these spots will go, I want to reserve a spot while I decide which group I want to join. They both sound so cool!)
(@tonake not sure how fast these spots will go, I want to reserve a spot while I decide which group I want to join. They both sound so cool!)
xfilesthemesongsock.png
((@tonake On mobile so I can't RP right now, but reserving a spot! I'll rp once I can.))
((@tonake On mobile so I can't RP right now, but reserving a spot! I'll rp once I can.))
Na5WGHa.png
(@tonake figured it out) [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/115268/11526717_350.png[/img] [i]"Speed! Races! The Twisting Crescendo! Exploring! Throwing stuff into the Sea!"[/i] Laurelin was lured away from her putrid mother and her gripes about how frivolous the Jamboree was by the exciting things Pele was saying. "Exploring?" She asked excitedly. "Finally, a place with some real fun and adventure! Let's go!" The Coatl squealed, practically running over to Pele and the Skydancer beside her. "Hi, by the way, I'm Laurelin!"
(@tonake figured it out)

11526717_350.png

"Speed! Races! The Twisting Crescendo! Exploring! Throwing stuff into the Sea!"

Laurelin was lured away from her putrid mother and her gripes about how frivolous the Jamboree was by the exciting things Pele was saying.

"Exploring?" She asked excitedly. "Finally, a place with some real fun and adventure! Let's go!" The Coatl squealed, practically running over to Pele and the Skydancer beside her.

"Hi, by the way, I'm Laurelin!"
xfilesthemesongsock.png
[columns][color=#941717]“Usignolo, enchanted to meet you,”[/color] the skydancer in question responds, infected with Laurelin’s glee. He’s met three plague dragons so far and all have been equally bubbly – despite what he’s heard from some of the older dragons in the Shrieking Wilds, plague seems to be a flight where the dragons can appreciate how to live. [color=#941717]“Come on,”[/color] he appeals to the undecided group, [color=#941717]“How often do you get a chance like this offered to you? You can read about history and traditions in a book, no offense,”[/color] he says with an apologetic smile at Sodalite’s group.[nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/215703/21570282.png[/img][/columns]
“Usignolo, enchanted to meet you,” the skydancer in question responds, infected with Laurelin’s glee. He’s met three plague dragons so far and all have been equally bubbly – despite what he’s heard from some of the older dragons in the Shrieking Wilds, plague seems to be a flight where the dragons can appreciate how to live.

“Come on,” he appeals to the undecided group, “How often do you get a chance like this offered to you? You can read about history and traditions in a book, no offense,” he says with an apologetic smile at Sodalite’s group.
21570282.png
CLCsigWT.png
(( @tonake I'd like to be with Soda please! Updated! )) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8684933] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86850/8684933_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Ah'Kehmet looked at this exchange with a cold bored face on it. Her Clan Leader Gii had urged her to take part in some 'fun' at the Jamboree (even more so when she heard the title of this event and promptly started shoving some disk things in her claws, asking to get them signed if I saw any particular musicians...) What made her even more disgruntled was the fact that her King, Lucian, [i]also[/i] ordered her to go. His reason was to gather intelligence on the Wind flight's support of the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1621275/1]Mordraus[/url] but why couldn't he have sent Avaro or Parodia? Spying and intelligence gathering was more their domain... Letting out a long breath, she stomped over to [b]Soda[/b] and sat next to him. [color=red][i]"The historic value of this trip is better than an adventure; I'd wager that I'd gather more information this this spiral than the other."[/color][/i] She spoke in clipped tones. Being social was not her strong point. [color=red][i]"Is there a form I must fill? To participate I mean?"[/i][/color] She hated giving away private information, still thinking that the world was too hostile a place for the Mordramia to reveal themselves yet. Plus the fact that everyone spelt her name wrong; forgetting the ' constantly as well as not using all of her letters.
(( @tonake I'd like to be with Soda please! Updated! ))

Ah'Kehmet looked at this exchange with a cold bored face on it. Her Clan Leader Gii had urged her to take part in some 'fun' at the Jamboree (even more so when she heard the title of this event and promptly started shoving some disk things in her claws, asking to get them signed if I saw any particular musicians...)
What made her even more disgruntled was the fact that her King, Lucian, also ordered her to go. His reason was to gather intelligence on the Wind flight's support of the Mordraus but why couldn't he have sent Avaro or Parodia? Spying and intelligence gathering was more their domain...

Letting out a long breath, she stomped over to Soda and sat next to him.

"The historic value of this trip is better than an adventure; I'd wager that I'd gather more information this this spiral than the other." She spoke in clipped tones.

Being social was not her strong point.

"Is there a form I must fill? To participate I mean?" She hated giving away private information, still thinking that the world was too hostile a place for the Mordramia to reveal themselves yet. Plus the fact that everyone spelt her name wrong; forgetting the ' constantly as well as not using all of her letters.
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21518433] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215185/21518433_350.png[/img] [/url] “…” Skip cleared his throat, shooting a short and awkward glance to those around him. [i]Okay,[/i] these two certainly were an interesting pair. He shook his head, attempting to recompose himself. “Well,” He began, smiling gently at Soda. “I’ll have to agree with [b]Soda[/b] here. [i]I[/i] for one wanna learn about the great Wind Flight’s heritage!”

21518433_350.png

“…”

Skip cleared his throat, shooting a short and awkward glance to those around him. Okay, these two certainly were an interesting pair. He shook his head, attempting to recompose himself. “Well,” He began, smiling gently at Soda. “I’ll have to agree with Soda here. I for one wanna learn about the great Wind Flight’s heritage!”
Override System
They/them | She/her
Nerd
A Bonder of Souls
syJrt1N.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20