Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Dandelion's Cabaret - New Poetry Shop!
1 2
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24765857] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/247659/24765857_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=5] [b]Welcome to Dandelion's Cabaret, "The Chameleon"![/b][/size][/center] So, I've decided to set up a simple little poetry shop (and who better to represent it than Dandelion?). I'm currently taking a Poetry class, so this'll help me sharpen my poetry skills, hopefully. This shop is mostly PWYW until I have a better idea what to charge. The payment, however, will be mostly based on the type of poem or ballad. ***NOTE - Suggested prices are NOT minimum prices! It's just an idea of the average price, mostly because I don't want to do an Epic for the same amount I would do a Blurb for. So if you want, you can go below it or above it, but please, at least try to keep it reasonable! It's not that big of a deal for the smaller stuff, but longer poems are hard to make! [center][b]OPENING PROMOTION[/b] To celebrate The Chameleon's Grand Opening, the first round of slots for the 3 cheapest options will be free to whoever claims them first![/center] [b]The Blurb [s](First 3 free!)[/s]-[/b] The shortest and cheapest option. It'll be a few lines at the most, and won't really be poetry- instead, it'll be a comment from Dandelion about a dragon you choose. Dandelion can sometimes go a little overboard on these, though. One may be him waxing rhapsodic about how much he adores the subject, or a passive-aggressive insult. Either way, you can guarantee it'll be interesting, at least. [LIST][*]Suggested price - 1kt? [*]SLOT 1 - OPEN [*]SLOT 2 - OPEN [*]SLOT 3 - OPEN [*]Examples - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=160836&tab=dragon&did=22729304]X[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=160836&tab=dragon&did=22741558]X[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=160836&tab=dragon&did=23718636]X[/url][/LIST] [b]The Stanza- (First 2 free!)[/b] A short poem of at least 4 lines, about a dragon and theme of your choice. Of course, Dandelion might change things up a bit to make it more appealing in his opinion. Dandelion chooses the rhyme scheme and syllable count for each line. [list][*]Suggested price - 1.5kt? [*]SLOT 1 - OPEN [*] SLOT 2 - OPEN [*] Examples - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=160836&tab=dragon&did=17022538]X[/url][/list] [b]The Short Poem- [s](First 2 free!)[/s][/b] Longer than a stanza, shorter than a sonnet, about a dragon and/or theme of your choice. Usually will be between 6 - 8 lines. You can choose the rhyme scheme if you want to (or you can choose to have no rhyme scheme) and the syllable count for each line, or you can leave it up to Dandelion. These may go a bit off the rails. You have the option of either a dramatic or comedic poem. [list][*]Suggested price - 4kt? A few gems? [*]SLOT 1 - OPEN [*]SLOT 2 - OPEN [*] Examples - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=160836&did=13786966]X[/url][/list] [b]The Sonnet-[/b] A fourteen-line poem usually written in iambic pentameter about a dragon and/or theme of your choice. You may choose the exact rhyme scheme if you want (for example- ABABCCDD...) Dandelion will often stretch the truth in these, if not make something up completely, so be warned. [list][*]Suggested price - 10kt? [*]SLOT- OPEN [*]Examples - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=160836&did=16409547]X[/url][/list] [b]The Long Poem-[/b] Longer than a Sonnet, shorter than a ballad, about a dragon and/or theme of your choice. These will consist of multiple parts, often each of different lengths. Dandelion gets to choose the rhyme scheme. There will be no specific syllable count for these. You may choose for either a dramatic poem or a comedy, or you can have Dandelion choose. A lot of this will probably be made up for "the sake of art." [list][*]Suggested price- 15kt? [*]SLOT- OPEN[/list] [b]The Ballad-[/b] This will be a story-poem! You tell Dandelion an event you think he should write a ballad about, and he'll write it. These will be pretty long, and Dandelion gets to choose how he structures it. Don't be surprised if details of the story are completely changed. He tends to do that a lot. [list][*]Suggested price - 25kt? (Since Dandelion is a narcissist, he'll also accept art of him as a payment, or a lute. He needs a new lute.) [*]SLOT - OPEN [*] Examples - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22083304]X[/url][/list] [b]The Epic-[/b] This is similar to a ballad, but it'll be loooooonnnnggg. Really long. Like, ridiculously long. It'll also be about a story you provide. You don't have to provide too much detail in the story, though- Dandelion'll make up half of it either way. [list][*]Suggested price - ???? more than a ballad at least but otherwise???? (Art's also good, yo) [*]SLOT - not open yet [*]NOTE- if someone orders an Epic for a reasonable price, I will finish all other commissions before writing it, and will not accept any more commissions until it is done. This will take a while to write, so if you want to, during the process you can message me about it for a status update! I'll be glad to show you a bit of progress ^^[/list]

24765857_350.png

Welcome to Dandelion's Cabaret, "The Chameleon"!

So, I've decided to set up a simple little poetry shop (and who better to represent it than Dandelion?). I'm currently taking a Poetry class, so this'll help me sharpen my poetry skills, hopefully.

This shop is mostly PWYW until I have a better idea what to charge. The payment, however, will be mostly based on the type of poem or ballad.

***NOTE - Suggested prices are NOT minimum prices! It's just an idea of the average price, mostly because I don't want to do an Epic for the same amount I would do a Blurb for. So if you want, you can go below it or above it, but please, at least try to keep it reasonable! It's not that big of a deal for the smaller stuff, but longer poems are hard to make!
OPENING PROMOTION
To celebrate The Chameleon's Grand Opening, the first round of slots for the 3 cheapest options will be free to whoever claims them first!

The Blurb (First 3 free!)-
The shortest and cheapest option. It'll be a few lines at the most, and won't really be poetry- instead, it'll be a comment from Dandelion about a dragon you choose. Dandelion can sometimes go a little overboard on these, though. One may be him waxing rhapsodic about how much he adores the subject, or a passive-aggressive insult. Either way, you can guarantee it'll be interesting, at least.
  • Suggested price - 1kt?
  • SLOT 1 - OPEN
  • SLOT 2 - OPEN
  • SLOT 3 - OPEN
  • Examples - X X X

The Stanza- (First 2 free!)
A short poem of at least 4 lines, about a dragon and theme of your choice. Of course, Dandelion might change things up a bit to make it more appealing in his opinion. Dandelion chooses the rhyme scheme and syllable count for each line.
  • Suggested price - 1.5kt?
  • SLOT 1 - OPEN
  • SLOT 2 - OPEN
  • Examples - X

The Short Poem- (First 2 free!)
Longer than a stanza, shorter than a sonnet, about a dragon and/or theme of your choice. Usually will be between 6 - 8 lines. You can choose the rhyme scheme if you want to (or you can choose to have no rhyme scheme) and the syllable count for each line, or you can leave it up to Dandelion. These may go a bit off the rails. You have the option of either a dramatic or comedic poem.
  • Suggested price - 4kt? A few gems?
  • SLOT 1 - OPEN
  • SLOT 2 - OPEN
  • Examples - X

The Sonnet-
A fourteen-line poem usually written in iambic pentameter about a dragon and/or theme of your choice. You may choose the exact rhyme scheme if you want (for example- ABABCCDD...) Dandelion will often stretch the truth in these, if not make something up completely, so be warned.
  • Suggested price - 10kt?
  • SLOT- OPEN
  • Examples - X

The Long Poem-
Longer than a Sonnet, shorter than a ballad, about a dragon and/or theme of your choice. These will consist of multiple parts, often each of different lengths. Dandelion gets to choose the rhyme scheme. There will be no specific syllable count for these. You may choose for either a dramatic poem or a comedy, or you can have Dandelion choose. A lot of this will probably be made up for "the sake of art."
  • Suggested price- 15kt?
  • SLOT- OPEN

The Ballad-
This will be a story-poem! You tell Dandelion an event you think he should write a ballad about, and he'll write it. These will be pretty long, and Dandelion gets to choose how he structures it. Don't be surprised if details of the story are completely changed. He tends to do that a lot.
  • Suggested price - 25kt? (Since Dandelion is a narcissist, he'll also accept art of him as a payment, or a lute. He needs a new lute.)
  • SLOT - OPEN
  • Examples - X

The Epic-
This is similar to a ballad, but it'll be loooooonnnnggg. Really long. Like, ridiculously long. It'll also be about a story you provide. You don't have to provide too much detail in the story, though- Dandelion'll make up half of it either way.
  • Suggested price - ???? more than a ballad at least but otherwise???? (Art's also good, yo)
  • SLOT - not open yet
  • NOTE- if someone orders an Epic for a reasonable price, I will finish all other commissions before writing it, and will not accept any more commissions until it is done. This will take a while to write, so if you want to, during the process you can message me about it for a status update! I'll be glad to show you a bit of progress ^^
“Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est"
They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier.
~ David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Dandelion's Poetry Shop
Finished Poems
Finished Poems
Dandelion's Poetry Shop
Open for business!
Open for business!
Dandelion's Poetry Shop
@cawncave I'd love 4 blurbs and 4 short poems! 1 blurb and 1 short poem each for each of the dragons in this thread.
@cawncave I'd love 4 blurbs and 4 short poems! 1 blurb and 1 short poem each for each of the dragons in this thread.
@Cawncave May i please have a blurb for Colress and a Sonnet for Agni? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26251909] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/262520/26251909_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26265375] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/262654/26265375_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Cawncave
May i please have a blurb for Colress and a Sonnet for Agni?

26251909_350.png

26265375_350.png
2MpsEqH.png
@Calavir @DoctorRosalia
Alright then, great! I'll start working on those as soon as I can!

Calavir, that'll be 3 free blurbs and 1 paid, with 2 free short poems with 2 paid,

and DoctorRosalia, that'll be 1 paid blurb and 1 free sonnet.

Would that be correct?
@Calavir @DoctorRosalia
Alright then, great! I'll start working on those as soon as I can!

Calavir, that'll be 3 free blurbs and 1 paid, with 2 free short poems with 2 paid,

and DoctorRosalia, that'll be 1 paid blurb and 1 free sonnet.

Would that be correct?
Dandelion's Poetry Shop
Yep! Sending payment!
Yep! Sending payment!
2MpsEqH.png
@DoctorRosalia
Your order's finished, I'll send over the finished product now! Please tell me if you plan on putting it on your dragon's profiles so I could possibly link to it for the "finished poems" section ^^
@DoctorRosalia
Your order's finished, I'll send over the finished product now! Please tell me if you plan on putting it on your dragon's profiles so I could possibly link to it for the "finished poems" section ^^
Dandelion's Poetry Shop
@CAWncave I do! Thanks!
@CAWncave I do! Thanks!
2MpsEqH.png
@Calavir
Your orders are done! I'll send you the free ones through pm, but I'll send the other 3 still unpaid for as soon as you send some payment ^^ Since it's PWYW, go ahead and send whatever you think it's worth.
@Calavir
Your orders are done! I'll send you the free ones through pm, but I'll send the other 3 still unpaid for as soon as you send some payment ^^ Since it's PWYW, go ahead and send whatever you think it's worth.
Dandelion's Poetry Shop
1 2