Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 53 54
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10355261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/103553/10355261_350.png[/img] [/url] "Not good, ohhh.... this is not good" Rivendell muttered as he stared at the empty table. "Not good at all" The tiny nocturne circled the table repeatedly, looking under the cloth draped over it and then back into the box as though his invention may have reappeared while his back was turned. [i]This is what I get for trusting Athos with the delivery. Scatterbrained Wildclaw, he probably got distracted by something shiny and put it in the wrong room.[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10777753] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/107778/10777753_350.png[/img] [/url] "Hey! Your thing-y is gone!" Rivendell spun around and glared at the Wildclaw who had accompanied him to the Faire. Athos was standing behind him wearing a ridiculous hat and eating ... was that an [i]ice cream cone?[/i] "First of all Athos, my invention is not a THING-Y. It's a sophisticated machine that I personally designed to deliver optimum caffeine levels to tired dragons at the perfect tempature. While not sacrificing any needed time or taste. And yes, it's missing. And as [i]you[/i] were the one who was supposed to deliver it, that would be your fault" Athos grinned and then shoved the rest of his ice cream in his mouth. "OK, so it's not a thing-y. It's a coffee maker. And I didn't lose it, I delivered it exactly where I was supposed to. If it got lost after, well that's hardly my fault mate" Shaking his head at his friend Rivendell glanced quickly around the room. There [i]did[/i]seem to be a lot of rather frantic looking dragons. Clearly he wasn't the only one here suffering from this problem; perhaps his missing invention wasn't entirely his companions fault. Still he wasn't about to tell [i]Athos[/i] that. "Your fault or not, we still have to do something about my missing invention." "You mean your missing coffee maker? Not sure why this is a[i] we[/i] thing, I'm not here for the inventions mate. I'm only here for the food, savvy?" Rivendell inhaled sharply and counted to 10. [i]I could have normal helpful friends like everyone else, but no, I had to befriend an irritating Wildclaw who thinks he's a pirate[/i] "First things first. If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. It is NOT a coffee maker. Coffee makers don't operate via a psychic connection and then deliver the coffee to a busy dragon ensuring that no tired dragon will ever need to stop what they are doing in order to get a perfectly brewed cup of coffee. And it's [i]we[/i] because you promised to help me with the Faire in return for my not telling that you were the one who caused the cave-in back home." "Ok. Fine. Look there's lots of inventions around here. Some of them look awfully lonely. Like this one... look. It's covered in dust. Clearly, unwanted and unloved. We'll just commandeer it." "You mean steal it." Athos sighed, shrugged and tipped his hat down over his face. "Stealing isn't a very nice word. Pirates don't steal mate. We're commandeering it. Or if you would prefer, we're liberating it. Saving it from abandonment. Giving it a loving new home and a chance to win you a shiny prize." "Athos really. Stealing is wrong. And you are not a pirate. I am not a pirate. We live in the shifting expanse. Miles away from any water. But... we also don't have enough time to build something else, and even if we did it looks like a lot of other dragons already had that idea. There's probably not enough scraps left to build a mousetrap let alone my invention. So I guess there is no other choice, we're going to have to steal... I mean commandeer something." "YES!" Athos' head perked up and he started looking around the room looking for the an unguarded invention. "Hey that one looks pretty shiny. Probably does something really cool too. C'mon matey lets go. We have pirating to do!" [b]SUNDAY: OPTION A - Steal an invention[/b]

10355261_350.png

"Not good, ohhh.... this is not good" Rivendell muttered as he stared at the empty table. "Not good at all"

The tiny nocturne circled the table repeatedly, looking under the cloth draped over it and then back into the box as though his invention may have reappeared while his back was turned. This is what I get for trusting Athos with the delivery. Scatterbrained Wildclaw, he probably got distracted by something shiny and put it in the wrong room.

10777753_350.png

"Hey! Your thing-y is gone!"

Rivendell spun around and glared at the Wildclaw who had accompanied him to the Faire. Athos was standing behind him wearing a ridiculous hat and eating ... was that an ice cream cone?

"First of all Athos, my invention is not a THING-Y. It's a sophisticated machine that I personally designed to deliver optimum caffeine levels to tired dragons at the perfect tempature. While not sacrificing any needed time or taste. And yes, it's missing. And as you were the one who was supposed to deliver it, that would be your fault"

Athos grinned and then shoved the rest of his ice cream in his mouth. "OK, so it's not a thing-y. It's a coffee maker. And I didn't lose it, I delivered it exactly where I was supposed to. If it got lost after, well that's hardly my fault mate"

Shaking his head at his friend Rivendell glanced quickly around the room. There didseem to be a lot of rather frantic looking dragons. Clearly he wasn't the only one here suffering from this problem; perhaps his missing invention wasn't entirely his companions fault. Still he wasn't about to tell Athos that.

"Your fault or not, we still have to do something about my missing invention."

"You mean your missing coffee maker? Not sure why this is a we thing, I'm not here for the inventions mate. I'm only here for the food, savvy?"

Rivendell inhaled sharply and counted to 10. I could have normal helpful friends like everyone else, but no, I had to befriend an irritating Wildclaw who thinks he's a pirate

"First things first. If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. It is NOT a coffee maker. Coffee makers don't operate via a psychic connection and then deliver the coffee to a busy dragon ensuring that no tired dragon will ever need to stop what they are doing in order to get a perfectly brewed cup of coffee. And it's we because you promised to help me with the Faire in return for my not telling that you were the one who caused the cave-in back home."

"Ok. Fine. Look there's lots of inventions around here. Some of them look awfully lonely. Like this one... look. It's covered in dust. Clearly, unwanted and unloved. We'll just commandeer it."

"You mean steal it."

Athos sighed, shrugged and tipped his hat down over his face. "Stealing isn't a very nice word. Pirates don't steal mate. We're commandeering it. Or if you would prefer, we're liberating it. Saving it from abandonment. Giving it a loving new home and a chance to win you a shiny prize."

"Athos really. Stealing is wrong. And you are not a pirate. I am not a pirate. We live in the shifting expanse. Miles away from any water. But... we also don't have enough time to build something else, and even if we did it looks like a lot of other dragons already had that idea. There's probably not enough scraps left to build a mousetrap let alone my invention. So I guess there is no other choice, we're going to have to steal... I mean commandeer something."

"YES!" Athos' head perked up and he started looking around the room looking for the an unguarded invention. "Hey that one looks pretty shiny. Probably does something really cool too. C'mon matey lets go. We have pirating to do!"

SUNDAY: OPTION A - Steal an invention
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3212442] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/32125/3212442_350.png[/img] [/url] Alaria grunted. Of course this had to happen to [i]her[/i]. Why couldn't she just take a little vacation from her healing duties without something going wrong? She wondered if her invention was stolen rather than misplaced. It wouldn't have surprised her. Dragons were always jealous of her creations. She was that good. She sighed, but there was no use complaining. Now she had very little time to make a new invention, and she'd better get to work. Alaria decides to [b]B) head outside to look for some spare parts[/b].

3212442_350.png

Alaria grunted. Of course this had to happen to her. Why couldn't she just take a little vacation from her healing duties without something going wrong?

She wondered if her invention was stolen rather than misplaced. It wouldn't have surprised her. Dragons were always jealous of her creations. She was that good.

She sighed, but there was no use complaining. Now she had very little time to make a new invention, and she'd better get to work.

Alaria decides to B) head outside to look for some spare parts.

sZShZzW.pngAgsJvab.pngasexual.pngbisexual.pngnon-binary.pngB8_R.pngT16.png
Hex0gCq.png
An automated voice comes on the loudspeaker,

"30 Minute Warning! The doors will lock and the lights will shut off in 30 minutes! Gather your belongings and exit the building. The door will lock and will not let anyone in or out."

(30 minutes left to submit your answers and RP for Day 1)
An automated voice comes on the loudspeaker,

"30 Minute Warning! The doors will lock and the lights will shut off in 30 minutes! Gather your belongings and exit the building. The door will lock and will not let anyone in or out."

(30 minutes left to submit your answers and RP for Day 1)
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8669771] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86698/8669771_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]D) Check all the storage sections for your invention.[/b]

8669771_350.png

D) Check all the storage sections for your invention.
eimdef.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14066023] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/140661/14066023_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] "Well? What do you think Mouse?" I ask my little familiar as I shake my mane. The friendly coatl had just greeted me at the door and stuck my nametag on the lapel of my vest. Outside I had been amazed by the wonderful building, I'd never seen anything like it since this was my first time out of the Shadow realm. Inside the building dazzled my senses even further. There are so many dragons here! And so many awesome inventions! I head back to the room indicated on my map and gaze at all the boxes in the gigantic room. And to think there are many more rooms just like this one, filled to the brim with inventions. My Ragamouse companion skitters away to where my invention should be. "Hey Mouse you sure you're at the right spot?" I ask skeptically. My box is clearly not here. I check my map and section number again. It has to be here! I calm the panic rising in my chest by curling into a ball and covering my head with my wings. It's gone. I'll never be able to find it in this mess! After a few minutes of trying to slow my breathing down I decide I will be able to remake my invention. After all I only built in in a week before, well, the week before this. I hum berating myself internally for being such a procrastinator. Oh well. I did it before I can do it again. I suppose I'll [b]C) Look around for parts in storage.[/b]
"Well? What do you think Mouse?" I ask my little familiar as I shake my mane. The friendly coatl had just greeted me at the door and stuck my nametag on the lapel of my vest. Outside I had been amazed by the wonderful building, I'd never seen anything like it since this was my first time out of the Shadow realm. Inside the building dazzled my senses even further. There are so many dragons here! And so many awesome inventions!

I head back to the room indicated on my map and gaze at all the boxes in the gigantic room. And to think there are many more rooms just like this one, filled to the brim with inventions. My Ragamouse companion skitters away to where my invention should be. "Hey Mouse you sure you're at the right spot?" I ask skeptically. My box is clearly not here.

I check my map and section number again. It has to be here! I calm the panic rising in my chest by curling into a ball and covering my head with my wings. It's gone. I'll never be able to find it in this mess! After a few minutes of trying to slow my breathing down I decide I will be able to remake my invention. After all I only built in in a week before, well, the week before this. I hum berating myself internally for being such a procrastinator.

Oh well. I did it before I can do it again. I suppose I'll C) Look around for parts in storage.
You hear a sharp click as the door shuts behind you. The doors are locked for the night.

Submissions for Day 1 Answers will no longer be accepted! Day 2 and the reaction to Day 1 will be posted shortly!
You hear a sharp click as the door shuts behind you. The doors are locked for the night.

Submissions for Day 1 Answers will no longer be accepted! Day 2 and the reaction to Day 1 will be posted shortly!
Day 1 Reaction
Choice A

@PrivateDetective @amsie

A) You’re rummaging through some boxes in a nearby section when you head a low grumbling voice. “Can I help you?” You turn around and see the biggest Ridgeback male you’ve seen. He’s wearing a “Thundercrack Staff” uniform. His nose is as menacingly sharp as it is long. His spines don’t make him look very cuddly either. You slowly place the invention you’re holding back in the box. “It doesn’t seem that you’re in the right section,” he hisses, “and stealing someone else’s hard work is highly frowned upon here. I suggest you leave this storage area before I kick you out of all the events.”
0 Points
Day 1 Reaction
Choice A

@PrivateDetective @amsie

A) You’re rummaging through some boxes in a nearby section when you head a low grumbling voice. “Can I help you?” You turn around and see the biggest Ridgeback male you’ve seen. He’s wearing a “Thundercrack Staff” uniform. His nose is as menacingly sharp as it is long. His spines don’t make him look very cuddly either. You slowly place the invention you’re holding back in the box. “It doesn’t seem that you’re in the right section,” he hisses, “and stealing someone else’s hard work is highly frowned upon here. I suggest you leave this storage area before I kick you out of all the events.”
0 Points
Day 1 Reaction
Choice B

@sammpotato @Lundlaeva @HSoup @SaturdayLemon @Silvain @Stasha @Rhyfel @Iztarshi @jadeit @kottadragon @TheBestiary @ThisOneIsBlue @BeingOfNature @SilverBook @RandomShmoe @shisaurus @chocollama @Almedha @Shadowfire9

B) You head outside, passing the coatl who greeted you. He smiles and waves when he notices you. When you step out the door you can feel the electricity in the air. A storm is approaching fast. What should you start looking for first? Sure you could gather whatever random things you stumble upon, but what’s the point in that if you can’t power your final invention? You decide to look for an engine first. The storm approaches fast, and you don’t have much time to find things before the rain begins pelting you. It’s quite dark out, so you decide to look outside again in the morning once the storm has let up.
2 Points
Day 1 Reaction
Choice B

@sammpotato @Lundlaeva @HSoup @SaturdayLemon @Silvain @Stasha @Rhyfel @Iztarshi @jadeit @kottadragon @TheBestiary @ThisOneIsBlue @BeingOfNature @SilverBook @RandomShmoe @shisaurus @chocollama @Almedha @Shadowfire9

B) You head outside, passing the coatl who greeted you. He smiles and waves when he notices you. When you step out the door you can feel the electricity in the air. A storm is approaching fast. What should you start looking for first? Sure you could gather whatever random things you stumble upon, but what’s the point in that if you can’t power your final invention? You decide to look for an engine first. The storm approaches fast, and you don’t have much time to find things before the rain begins pelting you. It’s quite dark out, so you decide to look outside again in the morning once the storm has let up.
2 Points
Day 1 Reaction
Choice C

@Asashi @PurplePanda @Drav @Stanzascale @Kimdra @kokobean22 @Amazonite @Chocoli @SomeoneGhost @Sasutin @Luna @Argentdayl @Asrayl @Eialyne @Harukai @Schefflera @Darknessdragon

C) You wander around the storage rooms looking for any boxes that have a thick layer of dust on them. Surely someone forgot their invention last year? You hear a low rumble and turn around. A large Ridgeback approaches you; he’s wearing a uniform that indicates he is festival staff. “Can I help you?” He asks. You reply that you’re looking for any inventions that had been abandoned last year. You explain to him that your invention wasn’t in the section you were sent to, or any of the surrounding sections. He nods, “That’s unfortunate. But you’re in luck, in the very Eastern corner of “Storage Room 1” are some inventions left from previous years. We always contact the inventors that they left them, but those ones are from dragons who either didn’t want them back or didn’t care what happened to them. I’ll take you over there!” You follow the Ridgeback to the “Storage Room 1”, thinking on the way what you’ll collect first to remake your invention.
3 Points
Day 1 Reaction
Choice C

@Asashi @PurplePanda @Drav @Stanzascale @Kimdra @kokobean22 @Amazonite @Chocoli @SomeoneGhost @Sasutin @Luna @Argentdayl @Asrayl @Eialyne @Harukai @Schefflera @Darknessdragon

C) You wander around the storage rooms looking for any boxes that have a thick layer of dust on them. Surely someone forgot their invention last year? You hear a low rumble and turn around. A large Ridgeback approaches you; he’s wearing a uniform that indicates he is festival staff. “Can I help you?” He asks. You reply that you’re looking for any inventions that had been abandoned last year. You explain to him that your invention wasn’t in the section you were sent to, or any of the surrounding sections. He nods, “That’s unfortunate. But you’re in luck, in the very Eastern corner of “Storage Room 1” are some inventions left from previous years. We always contact the inventors that they left them, but those ones are from dragons who either didn’t want them back or didn’t care what happened to them. I’ll take you over there!” You follow the Ridgeback to the “Storage Room 1”, thinking on the way what you’ll collect first to remake your invention.
3 Points
Day 1 Reaction
Choice D

@pangolinparade @Draconequis @tigressRising @Windschein @rubyredtan @ShadowRising @sagestuck @felistopaz @Serendipital @JinxMoonstone @clanguardian @BrinBellway

D) You wander through all the storage rooms, checking every box for your name. None of them have it. You collapse into a couch in the main atrium, thinking up what else you could possibly do, if anything. Maybe you should just go home after all. Just as you’re closing your eyes for a quick nap, a small blue Mirror clutching a Stormcatcher doll approaches you. She can’t be more than a week past hatching. “Hi! Are you one of them inventer dragons? I can’t wait to see your invention!” She bounds off again through the aisles. You become inspired by the youngling! You can’t give up yet! You head back to the storage rooms to look for another solution.
1 Point
Day 1 Reaction
Choice D

@pangolinparade @Draconequis @tigressRising @Windschein @rubyredtan @ShadowRising @sagestuck @felistopaz @Serendipital @JinxMoonstone @clanguardian @BrinBellway

D) You wander through all the storage rooms, checking every box for your name. None of them have it. You collapse into a couch in the main atrium, thinking up what else you could possibly do, if anything. Maybe you should just go home after all. Just as you’re closing your eyes for a quick nap, a small blue Mirror clutching a Stormcatcher doll approaches you. She can’t be more than a week past hatching. “Hi! Are you one of them inventer dragons? I can’t wait to see your invention!” She bounds off again through the aisles. You become inspired by the youngling! You can’t give up yet! You head back to the storage rooms to look for another solution.
1 Point
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 53 54