Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Thanks for playing!
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 72 73
[i]Fairlady wandered the festival grounds, enjoying a day out. Her mate was getting a fairground snack for them, so she decided to head over to the games area. Two members of her clan had visited the festival earlier in the week and brought back glowing reviews.[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6945711] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69458/6945711_350.png[/img] [/url] @EclipseDragon [i]Fairlady flicked her new scarf over her shoulder, taking a second to admire it in the water's reflection. The gift from the Earth Flight emissary matched her coloring perfectly. She addressed the mirror running the game, "May I take a turn?" Dunking her head in the barrel, she grabbed the first thing that she felt and....[/i] @Renessa47 [i]Shaking the last drops of water off, Fairlady headed over to Singmolii's Rockbreak stall. The young hatchling, who tried the game earlier this week, had been thrilled with her prizes and the mammertee plushie and kelp tender plush hadn't left her sight since then. Fairlady carefully chose a hammer and a rock and then swung the hammer down....[/i] @Serendipital [i]Before she went to find her mate, Fairlady wanted to try one last game. She studied the board carefully. Finally, "A4" she announced (A5 if that happens to be taken) and waited with anticipation to see what would be in that square....[/i]
Fairlady wandered the festival grounds, enjoying a day out. Her mate was getting a fairground snack for them, so she decided to head over to the games area. Two members of her clan had visited the festival earlier in the week and brought back glowing reviews.

6945711_350.png

@EclipseDragon

Fairlady flicked her new scarf over her shoulder, taking a second to admire it in the water's reflection. The gift from the Earth Flight emissary matched her coloring perfectly.

She addressed the mirror running the game, "May I take a turn?" Dunking her head in the barrel, she grabbed the first thing that she felt and....

@Renessa47

Shaking the last drops of water off, Fairlady headed over to Singmolii's Rockbreak stall. The young hatchling, who tried the game earlier this week, had been thrilled with her prizes and the mammertee plushie and kelp tender plush hadn't left her sight since then. Fairlady carefully chose a hammer and a rock and then swung the hammer down....

@Serendipital

Before she went to find her mate, Fairlady wanted to try one last game. She studied the board carefully. Finally, "A4" she announced (A5 if that happens to be taken) and waited with anticipation to see what would be in that square....
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
@HereBeDragons
Indiana led the green spiral to her square. Once she was finished digging, Indiana pulled out the basket. "A Death's Head Stag!" Indiana pulled the familiar out. "Congrats."

@Falconair
Indiana smiled at the Imperial's politeness. "Of course." She led the dragon to her spot, waiting as she dug. Once she was finished, Indiana pulled out her prize. "Two Featherfall Packs! Not bad."

@Shadowfire9
Indiana stays steady when the Imperial bumps into her. "No problem," Indiana said, trying to calm her. "Right this way." Indiana led the Imperial to her square and watched as she dug. Once she was finished, Indiana pulled out the basket and yanked off the lid. "Two Jaspers!"

@NotHarvard
Indiana nods at the trio, recognizing them from their previous visits. "Maybe you will," she said mysteriously, leading them to their square. Once the hole was dug, she pulled out their prize. "Two Featherfall Packs. Not raffle tickets, but maybe you can buy one with the extra treasure?"

@Canisa
Indiana raised her scaly brow at the Ridgeback. That whole clan was insane. It made her day interesting at least. She approached him as he dug his hole, staying a healthy distance away to avoid the flying clumps of dirt. "You'll definitely find something," she said, though he probably hadn't heard her. When he was done digging, she pulled out the basket, making a show of shaking it to hear what's inside. Taking off the lid, she announced, "Two Featherfall Packs, once again." She handed them over. "Doesn't look like your luck changed at all."

@whamm
Indiana nodded. "It's fine, and yup." She led the dragon to her square and waited as she dug. Once she was finished, Indiana reached into the new hold with her claws and pulled out an old basket. After opening the lid, she announced, "That's five raffle tickets! Let's hope you get lucky."
((I added them to the spreadsheet!))

@corvidus
"F4 it is!" Indiana smiled. "Hopefully." Though she kind of doubted it. It'd almost been a week after all, with so many visitors, and she still hadn't found it! If only her memory weren't so bad...She led the Skydancer to her square and waited as she dug her hole. Once she was finished, Indiana pulled out the prize. "Five raffle tickets!" She handed them over. "Another game of luck for you, it looks like."

@JinxMoonstone
Indiana smiled at the newcomer. "Right this way." She led the Guardian to her chosen square and waited as the hole was dug. Once it was finished, she reached in and pulled out a worn basket. Reaching inside with a claw, she announced, "Two Featherfall Packs! Not bad."
@HereBeDragons
Indiana led the green spiral to her square. Once she was finished digging, Indiana pulled out the basket. "A Death's Head Stag!" Indiana pulled the familiar out. "Congrats."

@Falconair
Indiana smiled at the Imperial's politeness. "Of course." She led the dragon to her spot, waiting as she dug. Once she was finished, Indiana pulled out her prize. "Two Featherfall Packs! Not bad."

@Shadowfire9
Indiana stays steady when the Imperial bumps into her. "No problem," Indiana said, trying to calm her. "Right this way." Indiana led the Imperial to her square and watched as she dug. Once she was finished, Indiana pulled out the basket and yanked off the lid. "Two Jaspers!"

@NotHarvard
Indiana nods at the trio, recognizing them from their previous visits. "Maybe you will," she said mysteriously, leading them to their square. Once the hole was dug, she pulled out their prize. "Two Featherfall Packs. Not raffle tickets, but maybe you can buy one with the extra treasure?"

@Canisa
Indiana raised her scaly brow at the Ridgeback. That whole clan was insane. It made her day interesting at least. She approached him as he dug his hole, staying a healthy distance away to avoid the flying clumps of dirt. "You'll definitely find something," she said, though he probably hadn't heard her. When he was done digging, she pulled out the basket, making a show of shaking it to hear what's inside. Taking off the lid, she announced, "Two Featherfall Packs, once again." She handed them over. "Doesn't look like your luck changed at all."

@whamm
Indiana nodded. "It's fine, and yup." She led the dragon to her square and waited as she dug. Once she was finished, Indiana reached into the new hold with her claws and pulled out an old basket. After opening the lid, she announced, "That's five raffle tickets! Let's hope you get lucky."
((I added them to the spreadsheet!))

@corvidus
"F4 it is!" Indiana smiled. "Hopefully." Though she kind of doubted it. It'd almost been a week after all, with so many visitors, and she still hadn't found it! If only her memory weren't so bad...She led the Skydancer to her square and waited as she dug her hole. Once she was finished, Indiana pulled out the prize. "Five raffle tickets!" She handed them over. "Another game of luck for you, it looks like."

@JinxMoonstone
Indiana smiled at the newcomer. "Right this way." She led the Guardian to her chosen square and waited as the hole was dug. Once it was finished, she reached in and pulled out a worn basket. Reaching inside with a claw, she announced, "Two Featherfall Packs! Not bad."
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
@EclipseDragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7664830] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/76649/7664830_350.png[/img] [/url] Shurhuq approached the stall, eager to redeem his earlier mishap with the rockbreaking game. "I'd like to go next," he said, jumping up and down with excitement. "Go for it, Shu!" Tlaloc cheered him on. Without even waiting for the stall-holder's reply, Shurhuq dove forward into the barrel with a big splash, thrashing around and making small waves as he tried to grab a prize floating just in front of his nose.
@EclipseDragon

7664830_350.png

Shurhuq approached the stall, eager to redeem his earlier mishap with the rockbreaking game. "I'd like to go next," he said, jumping up and down with excitement.
"Go for it, Shu!" Tlaloc cheered him on.
Without even waiting for the stall-holder's reply, Shurhuq dove forward into the barrel with a big splash, thrashing around and making small waves as he tried to grab a prize floating just in front of his nose.
@Serendipital [quote]Indiana raised her scaly brow at the Ridgeback. That whole clan was insane. It made her day interesting at least. She approached him as he dug his hole, staying a healthy distance away to avoid the flying clumps of dirt. "You'll definitely find something," she said, though he probably hadn't heard her. When he was done digging, she pulled out the basket, making a show of shaking it to hear what's inside. Taking off the lid, she announced, "Two Featherfall Packs, once again." She handed them over. "Doesn't look like your luck changed at all."[/quote] [i]Beeblebrox took the packs, nodded happy thanks to Indiana, and hurried to his mate. "Look! I picked the most improbable location to get something good--who ever hides things in the corner?" He grinned, waving the packs enthusiastically, practically bouncing in his excitement. "And [b]look[/b]! Two good prizes! How improbable was that?" The Ridgeback threw the packs in the air, catching them again easily, his grin getting even wider. "I tell you, Dusk, this is one of the best Festivals I have ever seen! First I got an award meant for a Fae while dunking in that tub.... and now this! Oh, this is so much [b]fun[/b]!" His Guardian companion dodged the falling packs, eyeing them fretfully. "Yes, you do have a knack for improbable happenings, love--but if you continue to throw those up like that, the very [b]probable[/b] outcome will be the loss of Nightsedge's gift. Why don't you give them to me, and we'll go see if we can find him? Beeb shrugged, and tossed the packs towards her. "Sure. Lead the way." He grinned. "I have some really good gift ideas for him..." Duskcloud carefully scooped up the packs, waved goodbye and thanks to the Ridgeback manning the stall, then lead her mate back out into the Festival Grounds, trying very hard not to think of what he meant by a "really good gift idea." Maybe she could convince Night to let her be the one to put the presentation together....[/i]
@Serendipital
Quote:

Beeblebrox took the packs, nodded happy thanks to Indiana, and hurried to his mate. "Look! I picked the most improbable location to get something good--who ever hides things in the corner?" He grinned, waving the packs enthusiastically, practically bouncing in his excitement. "And look! Two good prizes! How improbable was that?" The Ridgeback threw the packs in the air, catching them again easily, his grin getting even wider. "I tell you, Dusk, this is one of the best Festivals I have ever seen! First I got an award meant for a Fae while dunking in that tub.... and now this! Oh, this is so much fun!"

His Guardian companion dodged the falling packs, eyeing them fretfully. "Yes, you do have a knack for improbable happenings, love--but if you continue to throw those up like that, the very probable outcome will be the loss of Nightsedge's gift. Why don't you give them to me, and we'll go see if we can find him?

Beeb shrugged, and tossed the packs towards her. "Sure. Lead the way." He grinned. "I have some really good gift ideas for him..."

Duskcloud carefully scooped up the packs, waved goodbye and thanks to the Ridgeback manning the stall, then lead her mate back out into the Festival Grounds, trying very hard not to think of what he meant by a "really good gift idea." Maybe she could convince Night to let her be the one to put the presentation together....
fw5Pc0h.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4253723] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/42538/4253723_350.png[/img] [/url] It was the next to last day of the festival and Virgil finally decided to go. He really should have gone earlier and well, everyday, but he got wrapped up celebrating Rockbreaker's Ceremony at his home lair. Now it was finally his chance to go on a wild adventure and find all the treasure! No matter that these were only games... @Renessa47 Virgil stopped in front of Singmolii's Rockbreak stall. "Hello my good chap!" he called to the Imperial. "Breaking rocks, you say! Why, I have broken many a rock in my day. Let me have at it, tally-ho!" @Serendipital Virgil waddled up to the Treasure Hunt arena. There seemed to be many spaces still not dug. How strange! Did his fellow dragons have no sense of adventure? "Jolly good day to you!" he called to Indiana, "I cannot believe no one has dug in F5 yet. It seems such an obvious place to hide treasure! Where is a shovel? I'm ready to go to work!" @EclipseDragon Eventually Virgil ambled up to the Bobbing for Gems stall. This one seemed to have drawn quite a crowd, but that was understandable, since the treasure was all in plain sight. "Why hello there!" he greeted the Mirror guarding the stall. "We just dive on in, I take it? Well then, tally-ho!" He dove on into the bucket head first, living up to his breed and snapping at everything in sight.

4253723_350.png

It was the next to last day of the festival and Virgil finally decided to go. He really should have gone earlier and well, everyday, but he got wrapped up celebrating Rockbreaker's Ceremony at his home lair. Now it was finally his chance to go on a wild adventure and find all the treasure! No matter that these were only games...

@Renessa47
Virgil stopped in front of Singmolii's Rockbreak stall. "Hello my good chap!" he called to the Imperial. "Breaking rocks, you say! Why, I have broken many a rock in my day. Let me have at it, tally-ho!"

@Serendipital
Virgil waddled up to the Treasure Hunt arena. There seemed to be many spaces still not dug. How strange! Did his fellow dragons have no sense of adventure? "Jolly good day to you!" he called to Indiana, "I cannot believe no one has dug in F5 yet. It seems such an obvious place to hide treasure! Where is a shovel? I'm ready to go to work!"

@EclipseDragon
Eventually Virgil ambled up to the Bobbing for Gems stall. This one seemed to have drawn quite a crowd, but that was understandable, since the treasure was all in plain sight. "Why hello there!" he greeted the Mirror guarding the stall. "We just dive on in, I take it? Well then, tally-ho!" He dove on into the bucket head first, living up to his breed and snapping at everything in sight.
@Canisa (Roll 65) [item=Mysterious Cowl] ---------------------------------- @Plateau (Roll 73) [item=Burlap Hood] ---------------------------------- @corvidus (Roll 46) [item=Turkey Dinner]x3 ---------------------------------- @JinxMoonstone (Roll 65) [item=Dappled Seal] ---------------------------------- @rentacles (Roll 78) [item=Black Wolf] ---------------------------------- @whamm (Roll 44) [item=Turkey Dinner]x3
@Canisa
(Roll 65)

Mysterious Cowl

@Plateau
(Roll 73)

Burlap Hood

@corvidus
(Roll 46)

Turkey Dinner x3

@JinxMoonstone
(Roll 65)

Dappled Seal

@rentacles
(Roll 78)

Black Wolf

@whamm
(Roll 44)

Turkey Dinner x3
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

@EclispeDragon

Amber stumbled back, sputtering. That definitely did not taste like fish.... for the first time, she saw the sign over the stall. Instantly, chagrin swept over the young Earth dragon.

"Um... sorry," she whispered weakly. "I thought--I didn't mean to intrude--I'll just go..." She ran off quickly, still dragging the sopping wet cloak....
@EclispeDragon

Amber stumbled back, sputtering. That definitely did not taste like fish.... for the first time, she saw the sign over the stall. Instantly, chagrin swept over the young Earth dragon.

"Um... sorry," she whispered weakly. "I thought--I didn't mean to intrude--I'll just go..." She ran off quickly, still dragging the sopping wet cloak....
fw5Pc0h.png
@Serendipital [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7480411] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/74805/7480411_350.png[/img] [/url] Hastine sauntered up to the treasure hunt booth and placed a pouch of coins into the collection box. "I want to dig in B7. Or anywhere nearby that's available, I guess. Anything that'll let me get my claws dirty, you know? I'm getting twitchy." --- @EclipseDragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6968258] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69683/6968258_350.png[/img] [/url] "Bobbing for gems--it's an interesting idea and all," Lobella remarked, "but it always takes forever for my fur to dry after it gets wet, you know? I have to weigh the costs and benefits here. I'm sure it can't hurt to [i]look[/i], though..." She sat up at the edge of the bucket, looking down at the water and the treasures (and not-so-treasures) sitting within. Then her hat fell off. Lobella sighed and plunged her head into the barrel. She was lucky enough to grab the hat between her teeth and came back up. She noticed when she was starting to dry off that she'd managed to grab something else as well, so she looked in the hat to see what her prize was...
@Serendipital

7480411_350.png

Hastine sauntered up to the treasure hunt booth and placed a pouch of coins into the collection box. "I want to dig in B7. Or anywhere nearby that's available, I guess. Anything that'll let me get my claws dirty, you know? I'm getting twitchy."
---
@EclipseDragon

6968258_350.png

"Bobbing for gems--it's an interesting idea and all," Lobella remarked, "but it always takes forever for my fur to dry after it gets wet, you know? I have to weigh the costs and benefits here. I'm sure it can't hurt to look, though..." She sat up at the edge of the bucket, looking down at the water and the treasures (and not-so-treasures) sitting within.

Then her hat fell off.

Lobella sighed and plunged her head into the barrel. She was lucky enough to grab the hat between her teeth and came back up. She noticed when she was starting to dry off that she'd managed to grab something else as well, so she looked in the hat to see what her prize was...
em6w7kr.gif
IbBoqrd.png
2uhpogl.jpg
GLORY TO THE DREAMERS
5QvVNEC.png
@Canisa
Indiana waved back as they left, calling out a 'come again!'. She was silently thankful that the odd dragon had someone to keep him in line. Who knows what would happen otherwise?

Well, he was happy at least. That was always good.

@whamm
Indiana chuckled. "Indeed!" And it was odd that not many people had come by. Most likely, she thought wryly, they would come when she was busy. "You'll have to use your own claws, I'm afraid," she told the Snapper. She hadn't prepared a shovel - she'd always had great fun digging herself, so there was no reason to carry one. And the stand had been quite hastily prepared.

Once the Snapper was done digging, Indiana reached in for his prize. "Two Featherfall Packs." She handed them over.
@Canisa
Indiana waved back as they left, calling out a 'come again!'. She was silently thankful that the odd dragon had someone to keep him in line. Who knows what would happen otherwise?

Well, he was happy at least. That was always good.

@whamm
Indiana chuckled. "Indeed!" And it was odd that not many people had come by. Most likely, she thought wryly, they would come when she was busy. "You'll have to use your own claws, I'm afraid," she told the Snapper. She hadn't prepared a shovel - she'd always had great fun digging herself, so there was no reason to carry one. And the stand had been quite hastily prepared.

Once the Snapper was done digging, Indiana reached in for his prize. "Two Featherfall Packs." She handed them over.
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
@EclipseDragon Eren grimaced looking at his prize of six severed Dodo legs...the fae was on a strictly insectivore diet. Like all fae, of course, but it was to the point of offense at the sight of dead meat or seafood (plants he liked, those tend to have bugs on them and kept the skydancers' paws off his tasty buggies). He'd have to take this back to the new WC hatchling. His flightmates had better thank him for carrying this nasty prize with him. Eren was not one to be defeated...He'd at least get something that wasn't from a dead animal for this, surely. He dived back in with determination. @Serendipital The two twins pinned their fins back in unison as the nervous ridgeback flung their prize at them. They were pleased with what they found, really only trying this game out of curiosity. The fact that there was a game within their game was an added bonus! A quiet, soft voice greeted them. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2991954] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29920/2991954_350.png[/img] [/url] "Avari..Marrow..." A small female fae with freckled skin greeted them with relaxed fins, the fae equivalent of a gentle smile. Myrna couldn't help but notice the two faelings having fun, which pleased her...She was very glad they had each other. "Are you two having fun?" She flicked one of her fins up. The two twins nodded to her, fins not terribly responsive. They didn't talk or even emote to her much so much as between each other, despite the fact that she was their clan founder, but she let them have that, understanding a little herself. They'll find their friends soon, and the company of Myrna's many birds she'd taken in seemed to be mutually beneficial to both the birds and the twins' emotional state. They will be alright, she thought. "Very good." Her second fin turned up, as well. She wasn't one for crowds either...But she understood that diplomacy between clans was very important, and observing the festivities (especially the food) of the Earth flight's culture firsthand was relevant to her interests. "How are you today?" Myrna turned to the large dragon, but never left the ground. "Seems a bit busy, you must be working hard." She practiced her inflection toward the dragon carefully. Myrna handed over the pouch of treasure, and looked over the field. She thought she'd pick a grassy area...maybe there'd be a few worms or grubs she could keep for a snack. "A7, please. If that isn't taken, then F5 will do."
@EclipseDragon

Eren grimaced looking at his prize of six severed Dodo legs...the fae was on a strictly insectivore diet. Like all fae, of course, but it was to the point of offense at the sight of dead meat or seafood (plants he liked, those tend to have bugs on them and kept the skydancers' paws off his tasty buggies).

He'd have to take this back to the new WC hatchling. His flightmates had better thank him for carrying this nasty prize with him.

Eren was not one to be defeated...He'd at least get something that wasn't from a dead animal for this, surely. He dived back in with determination.

@Serendipital

The two twins pinned their fins back in unison as the nervous ridgeback flung their prize at them. They were pleased with what they found, really only trying this game out of curiosity. The fact that there was a game within their game was an added bonus!

A quiet, soft voice greeted them.

2991954_350.png

"Avari..Marrow..." A small female fae with freckled skin greeted them with relaxed fins, the fae equivalent of a gentle smile. Myrna couldn't help but notice the two faelings having fun, which pleased her...She was very glad they had each other.

"Are you two having fun?" She flicked one of her fins up.

The two twins nodded to her, fins not terribly responsive. They didn't talk or even emote to her much so much as between each other, despite the fact that she was their clan founder, but she let them have that, understanding a little herself. They'll find their friends soon, and the company of Myrna's many birds she'd taken in seemed to be mutually beneficial to both the birds and the twins' emotional state. They will be alright, she thought.

"Very good." Her second fin turned up, as well. She wasn't one for crowds either...But she understood that diplomacy between clans was very important, and observing the festivities (especially the food) of the Earth flight's culture firsthand was relevant to her interests.

"How are you today?" Myrna turned to the large dragon, but never left the ground. "Seems a bit busy, you must be working hard." She practiced her inflection toward the dragon carefully.

Myrna handed over the pouch of treasure, and looked over the field. She thought she'd pick a grassy area...maybe there'd be a few worms or grubs she could keep for a snack. "A7, please. If that isn't taken, then F5 will do."
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 72 73