Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Thanks for playing!
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 72 73
@SStickperson
"Thank you," Diamondtooth replied with a smile. "Yours are pretty, too. And thank you for the hints! I think they do. At least it gives me a little more confidence in my guess for the first, and a place to start for the second one."
@SStickperson
"Thank you," Diamondtooth replied with a smile. "Yours are pretty, too. And thank you for the hints! I think they do. At least it gives me a little more confidence in my guess for the first, and a place to start for the second one."
BuzkRQB.png
@Serendipital [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4318317] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/43184/4318317_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]A slightly singed female dragon headed into the Festival Grounds, looking--resigned. Considering the scorch marks on her wings, and the odd twist to her tail, this expression was a bit odd for anyone who didn't know her, but the truth was Duskcloud knew she had only herself to blame... after all, she was the one who had agreed to assist Spellweaver and Runemaster in their latest project... though she would [b]dearly[/b] like to throttle Merlin for letting Spell have that runestone....where had he gotten it, anyway? And why, oh why, did he give that pair a stone that channeled Earth energy [b]while they were in Earth Flight lands[/b]? It was a good thing the Pearlcatchers had been able to contain the fallout... A slight cough distracted Duskcloud from her thoughts, and she glanced up--just in time to prevent herself from stumbling directly into a clearly marked Arena. She blinked, then flushed in embarrassment. She had arrived at her destination without even noticing! Quickly, she hurried over to the stall owner, who was watching her calmly. "My apologies--and thank-you for the warning--I'm a bit distracted this morning....2 of my clanmates managed to destroy half our camp last night... too much magical foci in one place... Anyway, this is the place where Nightsedge dug and found that Jasper, right? Yes, I thought it was.... my mate, Beeblebrox, is trying to help Night with that gift, and we were hoping to provide a certain something extra to it." As she spoke, a bright blue Ridgeback suddenly came into view, looking just as singed... but in his case, he seemed quite pleased about it. "Dusk! There you are! Why didn't you wait for me? You know how I love games of improbability!" Duskcloud sighed, glancing again at Indiana. "I think I may have to apologize again... could you wait a minute?" She turned to the other Ridgeback without waiting for an answer, "Beeblebrox, love, I told you that I was digging today. You're day is tomorrow, remember? And you were supposed to be stopping Rune and Spell from blowing anything else up... the Clan Mother [b]asked[/b] you to keep an eye on them...." "Oh, they've gone back into the Festival," Beeblebrox shrugged. "They seemed quite content, and promised me that they won't be experimenting again today. Something about needing some C3 to make the spell work right, or was it C4? Anyway, I promised them I would go look, and they promised not to twist the camp's magic anymore. So I decided to come watch you." Duskcloud blinked, startled. C4? She had heard of that, hadn't she? She couldn't remember... well, if Rune and Spell weren't trying to channel energy, that was all to the good... and she had other things to worry about. "Alright then... but I am the only one who can dig, remember," She said, depositing her treasure in the bucket, and heading over to... where else? [b]C4[/b].
@Serendipital

4318317_350.png

A slightly singed female dragon headed into the Festival Grounds, looking--resigned. Considering the scorch marks on her wings, and the odd twist to her tail, this expression was a bit odd for anyone who didn't know her, but the truth was Duskcloud knew she had only herself to blame... after all, she was the one who had agreed to assist Spellweaver and Runemaster in their latest project... though she would dearly like to throttle Merlin for letting Spell have that runestone....where had he gotten it, anyway? And why, oh why, did he give that pair a stone that channeled Earth energy while they were in Earth Flight lands? It was a good thing the Pearlcatchers had been able to contain the fallout...

A slight cough distracted Duskcloud from her thoughts, and she glanced up--just in time to prevent herself from stumbling directly into a clearly marked Arena. She blinked, then flushed in embarrassment. She had arrived at her destination without even noticing! Quickly, she hurried over to the stall owner, who was watching her calmly.

"My apologies--and thank-you for the warning--I'm a bit distracted this morning....2 of my clanmates managed to destroy half our camp last night... too much magical foci in one place... Anyway, this is the place where Nightsedge dug and found that Jasper, right? Yes, I thought it was.... my mate, Beeblebrox, is trying to help Night with that gift, and we were hoping to provide a certain something extra to it."

As she spoke, a bright blue Ridgeback suddenly came into view, looking just as singed... but in his case, he seemed quite pleased about it. "Dusk! There you are! Why didn't you wait for me? You know how I love games of improbability!"

Duskcloud sighed, glancing again at Indiana. "I think I may have to apologize again... could you wait a minute?" She turned to the other Ridgeback without waiting for an answer, "Beeblebrox, love, I told you that I was digging today. You're day is tomorrow, remember? And you were supposed to be stopping Rune and Spell from blowing anything else up... the Clan Mother asked you to keep an eye on them...."

"Oh, they've gone back into the Festival," Beeblebrox shrugged. "They seemed quite content, and promised me that they won't be experimenting again today. Something about needing some C3 to make the spell work right, or was it C4? Anyway, I promised them I would go look, and they promised not to twist the camp's magic anymore. So I decided to come watch you."

Duskcloud blinked, startled. C4? She had heard of that, hadn't she? She couldn't remember... well, if Rune and Spell weren't trying to channel energy, that was all to the good... and she had other things to worry about.

"Alright then... but I am the only one who can dig, remember," She said, depositing her treasure in the bucket, and heading over to... where else? C4.
fw5Pc0h.png
@Renessa47 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4395472] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/43955/4395472_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Merlin wandered through the stalls, perusing his parchment scroll continually. The sound of smashing rocks caught his attention, and he looked up with interest at Singmolii's Rockbreak. Ah yes, that was the place Runemaster had told him about.... where he had gotten that delightful Fox Rat... and where he had asked Merlin to stop by, in order to see if greater strength had any er, impact, on the prize won. Truthfully, Merlin wasn't sure why Rune wanted the experiment conducted, as the Spiral had already gotten a wonderful prize without great strength, but since he was here.... The purple Imperial rolled up his scroll--astrology was no help in such matters after all--and headed over to the stall. As he did so, he heard a familiar voice murmuring about diamonds in the rough that are hard to find. Blinking, Merlin cocked his head. Who'd have thought that he'd find his missing clanmate here? "Fireopal!". He called, moving quickly to towards the brown and orange Coatl, "What are you doing here? After the explosion last night we were worried when you didn't show up for roll call..." "Exsplosssion?" In his alarm the other dragon lost his hold on the draconic language, "Again? Not the Pearlkasherssss?" "No, no, it was the Spirals again, Rune and Spell were experimenting with magical foci--you're well out of it, my friend." Merlin gently nudged the smaller dragon's shoulder. "You might want to stay here, awhile... what are you doing?" He glanced at the rock laying in front of Fireopal, which appeared to have shattered. "Wass breaking rock, looking for a 'gem'...."Fireopal's language skills were beginning to return, now he knew that the danger couldn't reach him, but he was still clearly worried. "But I can't ssseem to find the prisse" Merlin glanced over at the stall owner, who was clearly swamped with dragons wanting his attention, and nodded. "I see... well, maybe I can help...". He cleared his throat, coughing loudly and waving slightly at the other Imperial. "Excuse me, Singmolli is it? I know you're busy--lovely stall by the way, and a most intriguing idea--but when you get a moment, my friend here is having a bit of trouble working out what he got..." He paused, then shrugged. He might as well help Rune out with a less--explosive--experiemnt, "and I would like to try to break a rock as well, if you have one available. A nice big one, maybe?"[/i] Happy Thanksgiving! :D Just making sure I get my fourth dragon in in time.... Number 5 won't show up until Saturday, though. (And I wanted to make sure that Fireopal's attempt wasn't lost among the backlog.... since he broke his rock really late last night, and as a consequence hasn't seen his prize yet.)
@Renessa47

4395472_350.png

Merlin wandered through the stalls, perusing his parchment scroll continually. The sound of smashing rocks caught his attention, and he looked up with interest at Singmolii's Rockbreak. Ah yes, that was the place Runemaster had told him about.... where he had gotten that delightful Fox Rat... and where he had asked Merlin to stop by, in order to see if greater strength had any er, impact, on the prize won. Truthfully, Merlin wasn't sure why Rune wanted the experiment conducted, as the Spiral had already gotten a wonderful prize without great strength, but since he was here....

The purple Imperial rolled up his scroll--astrology was no help in such matters after all--and headed over to the stall. As he did so, he heard a familiar voice murmuring about diamonds in the rough that are hard to find. Blinking, Merlin cocked his head. Who'd have thought that he'd find his missing clanmate here?

"Fireopal!". He called, moving quickly to towards the brown and orange Coatl, "What are you doing here? After the explosion last night we were worried when you didn't show up for roll call..."

"Exsplosssion?" In his alarm the other dragon lost his hold on the draconic language, "Again? Not the Pearlkasherssss?"

"No, no, it was the Spirals again, Rune and Spell were experimenting with magical foci--you're well out of it, my friend." Merlin gently nudged the smaller dragon's shoulder. "You might want to stay here, awhile... what are you doing?" He glanced at the rock laying in front of Fireopal, which appeared to have shattered.

"Wass breaking rock, looking for a 'gem'...."Fireopal's language skills were beginning to return, now he knew that the danger couldn't reach him, but he was still clearly worried. "But I can't ssseem to find the prisse"

Merlin glanced over at the stall owner, who was clearly swamped with dragons wanting his attention, and nodded. "I see... well, maybe I can help...". He cleared his throat, coughing loudly and waving slightly at the other Imperial. "Excuse me, Singmolli is it? I know you're busy--lovely stall by the way, and a most intriguing idea--but when you get a moment, my friend here is having a bit of trouble working out what he got..." He paused, then shrugged. He might as well help Rune out with a less--explosive--experiemnt, "and I would like to try to break a rock as well, if you have one available. A nice big one, maybe?"

Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Just making sure I get my fourth dragon in in time.... Number 5 won't show up until Saturday, though. (And I wanted to make sure that Fireopal's attempt wasn't lost among the backlog.... since he broke his rock really late last night, and as a consequence hasn't seen his prize yet.)
fw5Pc0h.png
@SullenEarth, @SStickperson [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7069232] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70693/7069232_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Amber glanced at the new choices to peruse, and sighed. The young Coatl was certainly learning how much she [b]didn't[/b] know about rocks and minerals.... though actually... she thought she might have a good idea on two of them, and maybe the tricky one....she frowned. She didn't want to be overconfident, did she? And once again those last two had her completely stumped. Biting her lip, Amber looked at the friendly Coatl who had helped her once before. Amalia, wasn't it? She moved back over to the older dragon, a little more confident. "Excuse me?" She smiled somewhat nervously--a little more confident didn't mean completely at ease--and scuffed the ground. "Hi, I'm Amber, from before? You gave me a hint once, and it was a big help.... um, I need help again? Those last three stones are really hard... and I don't want to disappoint the Clan....they kind of think I'm the resident stone expert.... could you help me? Please?" She looked hopefully up into the friendly Coatl's eyes...[/i]
@SullenEarth, @SStickperson

7069232_350.png

Amber glanced at the new choices to peruse, and sighed. The young Coatl was certainly learning how much she didn't know about rocks and minerals.... though actually... she thought she might have a good idea on two of them, and maybe the tricky one....she frowned. She didn't want to be overconfident, did she? And once again those last two had her completely stumped.

Biting her lip, Amber looked at the friendly Coatl who had helped her once before. Amalia, wasn't it? She moved back over to the older dragon, a little more confident.

"Excuse me?" She smiled somewhat nervously--a little more confident didn't mean completely at ease--and scuffed the ground. "Hi, I'm Amber, from before? You gave me a hint once, and it was a big help.... um, I need help again? Those last three stones are really hard... and I don't want to disappoint the Clan....they kind of think I'm the resident stone expert.... could you help me? Please?"

She looked hopefully up into the friendly Coatl's eyes...
fw5Pc0h.png
@Serendipital
"heh, I guess I'm just a creature of habit," Shalteir says shyly, "How about D6"
@Serendipital
"heh, I guess I'm just a creature of habit," Shalteir says shyly, "How about D6"
@Serendipital [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3154571] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/31546/3154571_350.png[/img] [/url] I had so much fun digging yesterday that Antirro sent me on my own today. I'd like to dig in E6 if no one already has. Otherwise, any of the nearby spaces will be great!
@Serendipital

3154571_350.png

I had so much fun digging yesterday that Antirro sent me on my own today. I'd like to dig in E6 if no one already has. Otherwise, any of the nearby spaces will be great!
8d7o509.png
[quote]Indiana smiled. “Thanks.” She may not be the one digging all of the holes, but it sure felt like it! And she was far too tired to correct him. “This way,” she said, leading the kind dragon to his square. Once he was finished digging, she reached in and pulled out his prize. “Two Featherfall Packs,” she announced, handing them over. “Not bad.”[/quote] @Serendipital "Pleasure," the guardian murmured. Furnace nodded at the two packs, slipping them into his belt. "Thank you, lady ridgeback." He ducked his head and bid her farewell. The next day, Furnace returned to the treasure hunting grounds. There was already a long line in front of him, and it was difficult to tell what had and had not yet been taken. He offered the ridgeback a small smile. "Longer day?" "Hrm, got an interest in E6, but can also take D7, F5, F6, or F7 if'n that's taken." He fished out the proper treasure amount again, offering it to her.
Quote:
Indiana smiled. “Thanks.” She may not be the one digging all of the holes, but it sure felt like it! And she was far too tired to correct him. “This way,” she said, leading the kind dragon to his square. Once he was finished digging, she reached in and pulled out his prize. “Two Featherfall Packs,” she announced, handing them over. “Not bad.”

@Serendipital
"Pleasure," the guardian murmured. Furnace nodded at the two packs, slipping them into his belt. "Thank you, lady ridgeback." He ducked his head and bid her farewell.

The next day, Furnace returned to the treasure hunting grounds. There was already a long line in front of him, and it was difficult to tell what had and had not yet been taken. He offered the ridgeback a small smile. "Longer day?"

"Hrm, got an interest in E6, but can also take D7, F5, F6, or F7 if'n that's taken." He fished out the proper treasure amount again, offering it to her.
zyvrj7C.pngguoba.pngpYAz4OB.png Magma.png k7HrJTA.png
[quote name="EclipseDragon" date="2014-11-26 17:06:00"](Roll 74) It was certainly big and sort of shiny, but in this case, maybe that wasn't the best thing. [item=Granite Thresher][/quote] Ihuicatl shook herself, covering the rest of the clan with a spray of water. She's almost fallen completely into the barrel to snatch her prize, but it had been worth it. "My prize is bigger than your prize," she told Mistral triumphantly. "So I win!" "We both win," Mistral replied, unruffled. All the dragons clustered around the Thrasher. "What are you going to do with him?" Banana asked. "You've got a familiar already..." That was true, but Ihuicatl wasn't willing to abandon her prize. "Cloudy is a creature of the sea, too. Baby Altair can have this new familiar," she said, with all the loftiness that came from being a full four days older than the clan's baby, "and then we can all go swimming in the ocean." Or rather, she thought, she would be watching from the shore while the familiars played in the water. She really didn't like getting wet, after all. @EclipseDragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7789972] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/77900/7789972_350.png[/img] [/url] The remaining dragons looked at each other. "I'd like to go next," Banana said, raising her paw. Because she couldn't resist the allure of shiny gems, though she kept that to herself. "I promised Altair that I would get him back a souvenir, since we left him in our lair with the other hatchlings," she explained to the Earth dragon behind the stall. "He'll like his new familiar but maybe I'll find a gem for him. He likes sparkly things." She daintily stepped up to the bucket and looked at it. The water looked cold and murky, but if Ihuicatl had managed it, how difficult could it be?
EclipseDragon wrote on 2014-11-26 17:06:00:
(Roll 74)

It was certainly big and sort of shiny, but in this case, maybe that wasn't the best thing.

Granite Thresher

Ihuicatl shook herself, covering the rest of the clan with a spray of water. She's almost fallen completely into the barrel to snatch her prize, but it had been worth it. "My prize is bigger than your prize," she told Mistral triumphantly. "So I win!"
"We both win," Mistral replied, unruffled.
All the dragons clustered around the Thrasher. "What are you going to do with him?" Banana asked. "You've got a familiar already..."
That was true, but Ihuicatl wasn't willing to abandon her prize. "Cloudy is a creature of the sea, too. Baby Altair can have this new familiar," she said, with all the loftiness that came from being a full four days older than the clan's baby, "and then we can all go swimming in the ocean." Or rather, she thought, she would be watching from the shore while the familiars played in the water. She really didn't like getting wet, after all.

@EclipseDragon

7789972_350.png

The remaining dragons looked at each other. "I'd like to go next," Banana said, raising her paw. Because she couldn't resist the allure of shiny gems, though she kept that to herself.
"I promised Altair that I would get him back a souvenir, since we left him in our lair with the other hatchlings," she explained to the Earth dragon behind the stall. "He'll like his new familiar but maybe I'll find a gem for him. He likes sparkly things."
She daintily stepped up to the bucket and looked at it. The water looked cold and murky, but if Ihuicatl had managed it, how difficult could it be?
[quote name="Renessa47" date="2014-11-26 17:48:00"](Roll: ...2 XD) The rock... well, the rock he struck remained a rock and sat there. Another strike made it look... dusty, one could suppose. Finally a third strike opened it up to CRYSTA-! Nope. It was glass. Shards of glass spilled out across the bench. [item=Broken Bottle] "Well," Sing said, looking over the aftermath, "A little enamel, a file to dull the edges, it could become an excellent suncatcher?"[/quote] "...Oh," Shurhuq said when he realized that his prize was not a crystal as he'd hoped. "Yes, maybe," he said to Sing's suggestion, and he started picking up the glass fragments with his claws. "You're not really going to bring it home?!" Ihuicatl exclaimed. "We can buy a dozen suncatchers off the marketplace." "We've got piles of broken glass in our hoard already," Banana added, making a mental note to check the prices of suncatchers before Shurhuq decided to shop for one. Shurhuq looked at the glass he was holding. "Yes," he agreed, beaming. "And now we've got one more for the hoard!" he added, having already forgotten his earlier disappointment. @Renessa47 Shurhuq looked at his little brother Mistral, who was easily twice as tall as the Coatls. "Do you want to go next?" Shurhuq asked, but Mistral shook his head. "No, thank you, I think for this game it would be best to have a strong pair of horns," he said, and Tlaloc beamed and patted her new treasure proudly. "I'd like to go because it looks like fun," Banana said, "but those hammers look too heavy for me..." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7740952] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/77410/7740952_350.png[/img] [/url] "I'll go then," Sourleaf mumbled, stepping forward. He pushed back his cap and approached the stand, looking at the various hammers critically as though he had any idea of which one to pick. He wasn't at all sure of his strength, but after Shurhuq's epic failure he could hardly do worse. The rest of the clan cheered for him. "Ready when you are," he told Sing, cracking his fingers.
Renessa47 wrote on 2014-11-26 17:48:00:
(Roll: ...2 XD)
The rock... well, the rock he struck remained a rock and sat there. Another strike made it look... dusty, one could suppose. Finally a third strike opened it up to CRYSTA-! Nope. It was glass. Shards of glass spilled out across the bench.
Broken Bottle
"Well," Sing said, looking over the aftermath, "A little enamel, a file to dull the edges, it could become an excellent suncatcher?"

"...Oh," Shurhuq said when he realized that his prize was not a crystal as he'd hoped. "Yes, maybe," he said to Sing's suggestion, and he started picking up the glass fragments with his claws.
"You're not really going to bring it home?!" Ihuicatl exclaimed. "We can buy a dozen suncatchers off the marketplace."
"We've got piles of broken glass in our hoard already," Banana added, making a mental note to check the prices of suncatchers before Shurhuq decided to shop for one.
Shurhuq looked at the glass he was holding. "Yes," he agreed, beaming. "And now we've got one more for the hoard!" he added, having already forgotten his earlier disappointment.

@Renessa47

Shurhuq looked at his little brother Mistral, who was easily twice as tall as the Coatls.
"Do you want to go next?" Shurhuq asked, but Mistral shook his head.
"No, thank you, I think for this game it would be best to have a strong pair of horns," he said, and Tlaloc beamed and patted her new treasure proudly.
"I'd like to go because it looks like fun," Banana said, "but those hammers look too heavy for me..."

7740952_350.png

"I'll go then," Sourleaf mumbled, stepping forward. He pushed back his cap and approached the stand, looking at the various hammers critically as though he had any idea of which one to pick. He wasn't at all sure of his strength, but after Shurhuq's epic failure he could hardly do worse.
The rest of the clan cheered for him.
"Ready when you are," he told Sing, cracking his fingers.
@Renessa47 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7289164] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/72892/7289164_350.png[/img] [/url] "Hey. Can you get me a rock? I want to take a shot at something good. This one's free, right? 'Cause I already spent most of the treasure I brought over here." Nela looked around at the dragons around her breaking their own rocks. "Besides, I'm itching to break something. Might as well be something that won't get me kicked out." --- @Serendipital [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7251475] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/72515/7251475_350.png[/img] [/url] Seremore took a small pouch out of a pocket attached to his belt and placed it inside a collection box near the treasure hunt grounds. "E2, please. I already counted the treasure." He mumbled something about hoping to be a better digger than rock-breaker. "Um...if that's alright and you're not too busy and that spot's not already taken, of course...if there are any spots adjacent to that, I could dig there if that's not available...I'm just going to shut up now." --- @EclipseDragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7113697] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/71137/7113697_350.png[/img] [/url] "Seems more like a pool than a bucket to me." Ashen perched herself on the edge of the bobbing-for-gems bucket. It was large enough to accommodate even the largest dragons...and probably large enough to drown smaller dragons like herself. "Still, I am more than willing to take a calculated risk for the sake of a sufficiently large reward." She carefully removed her spectacles, placing them on the ground near the bucket. "I'm going in." ((Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Please don't feel rushed to reply! :) ))
@Renessa47

7289164_350.png

"Hey. Can you get me a rock? I want to take a shot at something good. This one's free, right? 'Cause I already spent most of the treasure I brought over here." Nela looked around at the dragons around her breaking their own rocks. "Besides, I'm itching to break something. Might as well be something that won't get me kicked out."
---
@Serendipital

7251475_350.png

Seremore took a small pouch out of a pocket attached to his belt and placed it inside a collection box near the treasure hunt grounds. "E2, please. I already counted the treasure." He mumbled something about hoping to be a better digger than rock-breaker. "Um...if that's alright and you're not too busy and that spot's not already taken, of course...if there are any spots adjacent to that, I could dig there if that's not available...I'm just going to shut up now."
---
@EclipseDragon

7113697_350.png

"Seems more like a pool than a bucket to me." Ashen perched herself on the edge of the bobbing-for-gems bucket. It was large enough to accommodate even the largest dragons...and probably large enough to drown smaller dragons like herself. "Still, I am more than willing to take a calculated risk for the sake of a sufficiently large reward." She carefully removed her spectacles, placing them on the ground near the bucket. "I'm going in."

((Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Please don't feel rushed to reply! :) ))
em6w7kr.gif
IbBoqrd.png
2uhpogl.jpg
GLORY TO THE DREAMERS
5QvVNEC.png
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 72 73