Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Coliseum dragons for new Users
1 2 3 4 5
BUMPING this thread to sell off some battle-stoned dragons at exalt price [center] Taupe and his fellow trainee watched and learned. How Angel demolished her opponents, always melee foes first and magic casters after. They learned when to cut their losses and heal to fight another day. They observed that the beastclans, although outnumbering them, were poor in tactics and teamplay, to a trained observer their actions could almost be described as random. From this they learnt how much strength is increased by working as a team. Like three strands of a rope; who intertwined could hold much more than the three separate twines This was Zen [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13093080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/130931/13093080_350.png[/img] [/url] This was the Way of the Koi [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54287070] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/542871/54287070_350.png[/img] [/url] Greetings. I am Taupe. Those were my first moments in Coliseum training with Angel. Since then I have seen many such trainees pass through these doors. As you may already know, when koi ascend they become dragons. Ascended Masters to be precise. Here, dragons come to learn the Way of the Koi from us. They graduate and spread the Zen, to new lairs all around Sornieth. This is our contribution to overcoming the Shade. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2337402]Newbies Guide to the Coli[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710/1#post_3140736]Culex level by level Guide[/url][/center] [color=chartreuse]----- [center]FEATURED DRAGONS[/center][/color] Taupe himself is up for grabs, will add some others in a moment, until then you can browse them in my coliseum tab at the bottom of p2 and p3 [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54287070] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/542871/54287070_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=chartreuse]-----[/color] (Please be patient with me, its my first time doing anything like this and as such it is still a WIP as I iron out the wrinkles.) [color=chartreuse]Any help turning it into something other than a wall of text super-appreciated![/color] Note: This in no way approaches the usefulness of obtaining your own L25 asap, but it will at least get you off to a running start until you can afford one, and means you can get bulk food from coliseum (plus all the other coli drops) instead of having to rely on your gathering turns. Without any further ado here's the original post (tidied up a bit) ----- I have been levelling and stoning various dragons in my clan both to become familiar with elemental attacks and gather coli drops, especially HD items. Its got to the point where I started wondering what am I going to do with so many coli dragons... and so many battlestones (Coli drops) So I'm building up coli teams in anticipation of the new coli revamp and PvP (I joined when it was already disabled) I'm sure I'll always have excess so in the interests of maintaining lair space and giving back to the community in a pay it forward kind of manner, I was wondering if any new players would be interested in receiving levelled dragons. Dragons would be minimum level 9, so suitable for the purposes of being able to enter Scorched Forest during festivals (Its always one of the best drop rates for festival currency but its also quite a step up from the venue before it) I will fill their available slots with my available battle stones (coli keeps throwing them at me) and have them appropriately statted (two things that aren't really intuitive for new players, hopefully that will be remedied in the coli revamp) I'll also include links to some Coli Guides in their bio so they are always easy to find. Also notes on any battlestones fitted (ie elemental attacks) Available dragons can be found in this tab: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/lair/440080/1610942]Coliseum Dragons[/url] and this one: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/lair/440080/1389890]Write/Draw to Adopt[/url] or you can provide your own dragon if you prefer. I still have other dragons scattered throughout my lair which I would let go to a loving home, so if you are interested in dragons in other tabs please ask, but don't be offended if I tell you they are unavailable, and if they already have lore please don't ask ^^ I think 20G/kt each would be fair and keep the project rolling along. I only exalt on bonus days and I get 15kt for level 9s. When I am missing stones I go shopping in the AH, most are available for around 1G but some are up to 6G. I'm probably not going to buy anything more expensive than Aid unless I have a lot in the kitty. ----- here's something pretty to liven up the first post, she is available in a couple of days when she is off her nest. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54931963] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/549320/54931963_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]FAQ[/b] (Ok nobody actually asked but I thought I should explain a bit) [b]Why am I doing this?[/b] I get attached to certain dragons, on exalt bonus day they get trained but I can't always exalt. I fall in love with fodder every push. I like breeding interesting looking dragons. Lair space is an issue. Kind players on FR have helped me improve and I'd like to pay it forward. Don't be mistaken, I exalt a lot of pretty dragons (Deities deserve beautiful dragons too you know - but so do new player) [b]What do you mean 'appropriately statted'?[/b] I'm sticking with a pretty simple levelling plan: Generally they are going to stick with their stones they are born with and statted appropriately, with around 20 VIT and the rest allocated to either STR/QCK or INT/QCk (depending if they start with scratch or meditate) in a 2:1 ratio Dragons born with Anticipate (Bogsneaks, Snappers) are likely to have it replaced with either meditate or scratch as I've never had much fun with anticipate. (The dragon usually sits there uselessly without breath watching its mates get beaten up) From there you can follow your own levelling plan but I recommend reading through the Coli Guides in their bio. [b]What do I get in return?[/b] Warm fuzzy feeling, lair space, sometimes treasure, gems or other exchangeable items. Help making this forum thread prettier... Battlestones are welcomed ^^ I realise new players aren't always rich, (but having good coli dragons will soon change that) so if you are one of the many creative types on FR I would be so happy if you wrote or drew some art for them, whatever is your thing. If you have just arrived in Sornieth but already have good forum coding/art skills, then art/formatting to make this thread easier on the eye would be a nice exchange too. If you aren't writing or drawing for them it would be nice to contribute some treasure/items towards the cause. To give you a ballpark, I get roughly 15kt per dragon when I exalt my L9s (yes I only exalt them on their bonus days). If I train past that point I would get 16500kt for level 10s, 18kt for level 11s (I'm unlikely to train past that point unless arranged prior) [insert exalt payout chart here?] Most battlestones sell very cheap on the AH (around 1G) so I'm happier to put them on coli dragons than try to sell them. Healing stones are a bit pricier (Regen 3G, Aid 6G) they may or may not always be available. Some battlestones are rarer/pricier so if you want those you'll probably have to purchase them yourself. [b]But I'm poor and I don't write or draw![/b] Its negotiable but I'm trying to share what I have learnt about coli rather than run a charity. You can make small amounts of treasure like this quickly in Fairgrounds, so check the Guides forum for Glitter and Gloom, or if that is not your thing you can play some mahjong. The other games aren't lucrative treasure earners but hey, if you enjoy them the treasure is just a bonus right? ^^ [insert Fairground Guide links here?] [b]I don't want my dragon any more[/b] If you've levelled up your own dragons later and no longer want the dragon please either return them here so another new player can benefit, or give them to a new player yourself. Battlestones equpped cannot be removed and it seems a waste to lose them when the exalt payout is much lower than their worth.
BUMPING this thread to sell off some battle-stoned dragons at exalt price

Taupe and his fellow trainee watched and learned.
How Angel demolished her opponents, always melee foes first and magic casters after.
They learned when to cut their losses and heal to fight another day.
They observed that the beastclans, although outnumbering them, were poor in tactics and teamplay, to a trained observer their actions could almost be described as random.
From this they learnt how much strength is increased by working as a team.
Like three strands of a rope; who intertwined could hold much more than the three separate twines

This was
Zen

13093080_350.png

This was
the
Way of the Koi

54287070_350.png

Greetings.
I am Taupe.

Those were my first moments in Coliseum training with Angel.
Since then I have seen many such trainees pass through these doors.
As you may already know, when koi ascend they become dragons.
Ascended Masters to be precise.

Here, dragons come to learn the Way of the Koi from us.
They graduate and spread the Zen,
to new lairs all around Sornieth.
This is our contribution to overcoming the Shade.

Newbies Guide to the Coli
Culex level by level Guide

FEATURED DRAGONS

Taupe himself is up for grabs, will add some others in a moment, until then you can browse them in my coliseum tab at the bottom of p2 and p3

54287070_350.png

(Please be patient with me, its my first time doing anything like this and as such it is still a WIP as I iron out the wrinkles.)
Any help turning it into something other than a wall of text super-appreciated!

Note: This in no way approaches the usefulness of obtaining your own L25 asap, but it will at least get you off to a running start until you can afford one, and means you can get bulk food from coliseum (plus all the other coli drops) instead of having to rely on your gathering turns.

Without any further ado here's the original post (tidied up a bit)
I have been levelling and stoning various dragons in my clan both to become familiar with elemental attacks and gather coli drops, especially HD items. Its got to the point where I started wondering what am I going to do with so many coli dragons... and so many battlestones (Coli drops)
So I'm building up coli teams in anticipation of the new coli revamp and PvP (I joined when it was already disabled)

I'm sure I'll always have excess so in the interests of maintaining lair space and giving back to the community in a pay it forward kind of manner, I was wondering if any new players would be interested in receiving levelled dragons.
Dragons would be minimum level 9, so suitable for the purposes of being able to enter Scorched Forest during festivals (Its always one of the best drop rates for festival currency but its also quite a step up from the venue before it)

I will fill their available slots with my available battle stones (coli keeps throwing them at me) and have them appropriately statted (two things that aren't really intuitive for new players, hopefully that will be remedied in the coli revamp)

I'll also include links to some Coli Guides in their bio so they are always easy to find.
Also notes on any battlestones fitted (ie elemental attacks)

Available dragons can be found in this tab:
Coliseum Dragons
and this one:
Write/Draw to Adopt
or you can provide your own dragon if you prefer.

I still have other dragons scattered throughout my lair which I would let go to a loving home, so if you are interested in dragons in other tabs please ask, but don't be offended if I tell you they are unavailable, and if they already have lore please don't ask ^^

I think 20G/kt each would be fair and keep the project rolling along. I only exalt on bonus days and I get 15kt for level 9s. When I am missing stones I go shopping in the AH, most are available for around 1G but some are up to 6G. I'm probably not going to buy anything more expensive than Aid unless I have a lot in the kitty.

here's something pretty to liven up the first post, she is available in a couple of days when she is off her nest.

54931963_350.png

FAQ (Ok nobody actually asked but I thought I should explain a bit)
Why am I doing this?
I get attached to certain dragons, on exalt bonus day they get trained but I can't always exalt. I fall in love with fodder every push. I like breeding interesting looking dragons. Lair space is an issue. Kind players on FR have helped me improve and I'd like to pay it forward.
Don't be mistaken, I exalt a lot of pretty dragons (Deities deserve beautiful dragons too you know - but so do new player)

What do you mean 'appropriately statted'?
I'm sticking with a pretty simple levelling plan:
Generally they are going to stick with their stones they are born with and statted appropriately, with around 20 VIT and the rest allocated to either STR/QCK or INT/QCk (depending if they start with scratch or meditate) in a 2:1 ratio
Dragons born with Anticipate (Bogsneaks, Snappers) are likely to have it replaced with either meditate or scratch as I've never had much fun with anticipate. (The dragon usually sits there uselessly without breath watching its mates get beaten up)
From there you can follow your own levelling plan but I recommend reading through the Coli Guides in their bio.

What do I get in return?
Warm fuzzy feeling, lair space, sometimes treasure, gems or other exchangeable items.
Help making this forum thread prettier...
Battlestones are welcomed ^^

I realise new players aren't always rich, (but having good coli dragons will soon change that) so if you are one of the many creative types on FR I would be so happy if you wrote or drew some art for them, whatever is your thing.
If you have just arrived in Sornieth but already have good forum coding/art skills, then art/formatting to make this thread easier on the eye would be a nice exchange too.

If you aren't writing or drawing for them it would be nice to contribute some treasure/items towards the cause.
To give you a ballpark, I get roughly 15kt per dragon when I exalt my L9s (yes I only exalt them on their bonus days).
If I train past that point I would get 16500kt for level 10s, 18kt for level 11s (I'm unlikely to train past that point unless arranged prior)
[insert exalt payout chart here?]
Most battlestones sell very cheap on the AH (around 1G) so I'm happier to put them on coli dragons than try to sell them.
Healing stones are a bit pricier (Regen 3G, Aid 6G) they may or may not always be available.
Some battlestones are rarer/pricier so if you want those you'll probably have to purchase them yourself.

But I'm poor and I don't write or draw!
Its negotiable but I'm trying to share what I have learnt about coli rather than run a charity.
You can make small amounts of treasure like this quickly in Fairgrounds, so check the Guides forum for Glitter and Gloom, or if that is not your thing you can play some mahjong. The other games aren't lucrative treasure earners but hey, if you enjoy them the treasure is just a bonus right? ^^
[insert Fairground Guide links here?]

I don't want my dragon any more
If you've levelled up your own dragons later and no longer want the dragon please either return them here so another new player can benefit, or give them to a new player yourself. Battlestones equpped cannot be removed and it seems a waste to lose them when the exalt payout is much lower than their worth.
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me , Hi, I'm new and I'd like to get a dragon to start the Coliseum. But I didn't understand. How to do it. I have there is 14k. ' ll Descend whether this kolisestvo for obtain a dragon? Thanks
@gn0me , Hi, I'm new and I'd like to get a dragon to start the Coliseum. But I didn't understand. How to do it. I have there is 14k. ' ll Descend whether this kolisestvo for obtain a dragon? Thanks
@SoulofWerewolf OK I'll organise it a little better and get back to you soon.
Where are you from? kolisestvo sounds bulgarian/russian/serbian/ukraine part of the world?
Are you Finnish? google says kolichestvo is Finnish for quantity.
@SoulofWerewolf OK I'll organise it a little better and get back to you soon.
Where are you from? kolisestvo sounds bulgarian/russian/serbian/ukraine part of the world?
Are you Finnish? google says kolichestvo is Finnish for quantity.
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me , I'm from Russia. I mean the price
@gn0me , I'm from Russia. I mean the price
@SoulofWerewolf I see you joined Ice Flight and your progen is very ice themed, would you like something like this? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54582634] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/545827/54582634_350.png[/img] [/url]
@SoulofWerewolf

I see you joined Ice Flight and your progen is very ice themed, would you like something like this?

54582634_350.png
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me , She is very beautiful)
@gn0me , She is very beautiful)
??????, ???? :)

@SoulofWerewolf
Sorry I tried typing cyrillic and FR doesn't like it! (I typed Privet, brat but actually I don't know if you are male or female)

I don't know much more Russian than what I learnt from travellers in hostels ^^
But I like learning Hello, Goodbye, Please and Thankyou in every country I visit and I spent some months in Bulgaria, some basics are very similar to Russian.

Do you want an ice theme dragon or something different?
You have three dragons in coli, its good to have an INT based healer/mage and two STR based fighters.

Which would you like Frac to be?
??????, ???? :)

@SoulofWerewolf
Sorry I tried typing cyrillic and FR doesn't like it! (I typed Privet, brat but actually I don't know if you are male or female)

I don't know much more Russian than what I learnt from travellers in hostels ^^
But I like learning Hello, Goodbye, Please and Thankyou in every country I visit and I spent some months in Bulgaria, some basics are very similar to Russian.

Do you want an ice theme dragon or something different?
You have three dragons in coli, its good to have an INT based healer/mage and two STR based fighters.

Which would you like Frac to be?
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me , I'm a girl) and so I don't know) who would you recommend?) I here with a fool all their dancers in warriors has turned))
@gn0me , I'm a girl) and so I don't know) who would you recommend?) I here with a fool all their dancers in warriors has turned))
@SoulofWerewolf In that case, Privet sestra :) OK how about I make you one of each? 14kt for both is fine, special super beginner deal for being first poster :) Will this be ok for a second dragon? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52731735] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/527318/52731735_350.png[/img] [/url] Spirals start with Scratch so if you like her she can stay a fighter (STR based) and Bogsneaks start with Anticipate so I wil replace it with meditate and make her INT based That will give you an Ice and Light dragon and if you get an Earth dragon that will make a well balanced trio according to this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ScPfwbiirCNEtFDDA9RP9PsBuTpC56RwSTpMi6Mz1Gg/edit#gid=3
@SoulofWerewolf
In that case, Privet sestra :)

OK how about I make you one of each?
14kt for both is fine, special super beginner deal for being first poster :)
Will this be ok for a second dragon?

52731735_350.png

Spirals start with Scratch so if you like her she can stay a fighter (STR based) and Bogsneaks start with Anticipate so I wil replace it with meditate and make her INT based

That will give you an Ice and Light dragon and if you get an Earth dragon that will make a well balanced trio according to this spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ScPfwbiirCNEtFDDA9RP9PsBuTpC56RwSTpMi6Mz1Gg/edit#gid=3
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me , Oh, thank you very much. Yes I agree))
@gn0me , Oh, thank you very much. Yes I agree))
1 2 3 4 5