Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Living for Lore [Closed for now]
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 30 31
@MaybeHuman Hello, I'm interested in her.[s] Could you please hold her for me? I'll be back soon when I write more, and think of a name for her[/s]. I'd like to name her Azira.[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53358024] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/533581/53358024_350.png[/img] [/url] While I was reading, my book suddenly became darker, as if a cloud had passed over the sun. I looked up. A storm cloud then. "Why are you here?" she growled. "I told you that you not to come." "Who are you to decide that?" I sigh and put down my book. I can't read with her right over me. "This is a public park. Emphasis on public." "I told you that I would be here in the mornings, and you were free to come here in the afternoons. You reneged on our deal." "It wasn't a very good deal, in the first place. I wake up earlier than you." "So you want to switch then?" She crossed her arms, and leaned forward. I lean away until my back hits the bench. Maybe this was not such a clever idea after all." "...No. I want to be free to come and go as I please." A strand of her red hair touches my forehead as she looms. "This is as much my place as it is yours. As it is everyone's. And I can't enjoy myself here when your here. And obviously," she gestures at my form. "You can't either. What was really your plan? To drive me out of here?" I remain silent. That was my plan. She can't stand to be around me ever since her mom married my dad. She lives just down the street from me with her dad. We have both been coming to this park for years, and neither of us were willing to give it up. Alright, time to pull out the big guns. "Are you still sneaking out at night?" She gives me a look of incandescent rage, but backs up nonetheless. It seems that I have won this round, and with it, my morning. I pick up my book.
@MaybeHuman
Hello, I'm interested in her. Could you please hold her for me? I'll be back soon when I write more, and think of a name for her. I'd like to name her Azira.
53358024_350.png

While I was reading, my book suddenly became darker, as if a cloud had passed over the sun. I looked up. A storm cloud then.
"Why are you here?" she growled. "I told you that you not to come."
"Who are you to decide that?" I sigh and put down my book. I can't read with her right over me. "This is a public park. Emphasis on public."
"I told you that I would be here in the mornings, and you were free to come here in the afternoons. You reneged on our deal."
"It wasn't a very good deal, in the first place. I wake up earlier than you."
"So you want to switch then?" She crossed her arms, and leaned forward. I lean away until my back hits the bench. Maybe this was not such a clever idea after all."
"...No. I want to be free to come and go as I please."
A strand of her red hair touches my forehead as she looms. "This is as much my place as it is yours. As it is everyone's. And I can't enjoy myself here when your here. And obviously," she gestures at my form. "You can't either. What was really your plan? To drive me out of here?"
I remain silent. That was my plan. She can't stand to be around me ever since her mom married my dad. She lives just down the street from me with her dad. We have both been coming to this park for years, and neither of us were willing to give it up.
Alright, time to pull out the big guns. "Are you still sneaking out at night?"
She gives me a look of incandescent rage, but backs up nonetheless. It seems that I have won this round, and with it, my morning. I pick up my book.
@MaybeHuman I would love to adopt this girl ;;w; I hope it’s ok that I already wrote down this stuff for her (XD [center][font=Book Antiqua][size=7][color=#125c0f][emoji=nature rune size=1]Fauna[emoji=owl size=1][/font][/size][/color] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53660244] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/536603/53660244_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Ever since I hatched out of my egg on a starry night, I’ve always loved the dark sky. Because as night fell, strange creatures came out to play. My other two siblings didn’t seem to care about the fascinating wonders I saw though, my sister swished away her fire flies in annoyance, and my brother was not able to stay up as late as I, falling asleep right when the stars shone above us through the trees. At least my parents seemed to be like me, hunting and dancing at midnight, my mother used her Ice elemental powers by making snowflakes dance around her body. Though I loved them all, I wanted to go explore out of my Clan area, maybe even out to other elemental Clans. Will they have other creatures around, hiding at night time? I shrugged to myself from the question, then quietly slipped out of my comfortable nest and into the deep trees where the strange creatures seemed to call out to me, now is my time to play with them. As the sky grew darker into midnight, it was both a perfect time for me to explore alone, but also bad with my bright fireflies flickering around me. Not wanting to get caught by anyone, or thing, I awkwardly curved my wings down near the ground as a way to hide the fireflies better, and not to attract attention. A sound, something like a twig cracking, made me freeze in mid-walk, I was too late with hiding my attracting colors of fireflies. To my luck though, it wasn’t a strange dragon or predator, instead it was a deer, a Wood Ear Deer. Some other creatures of different sizes and jungle-like colors were behind it as it calmly stepped up to me. In a stunned silence, I watched the animal with wide eyes, then started to smile, “Are you the strange creatures that always come out to play at midnight?”
@MaybeHuman I would love to adopt this girl ;;w;

I hope it’s ok that I already wrote down this stuff for her (XD

Fauna

53660244_350.png

Ever since I hatched out of my egg on a starry night, I’ve always loved the dark sky. Because as night fell, strange creatures came out to play.
My other two siblings didn’t seem to care about the fascinating wonders I saw though, my sister swished away her fire flies in annoyance, and my brother was not able to stay up as late as I, falling asleep right when the stars shone above us through the trees. At least my parents seemed to be like me, hunting and dancing at midnight, my mother used her Ice elemental powers by making snowflakes dance around her body.
Though I loved them all, I wanted to go explore out of my Clan area, maybe even out to other elemental Clans. Will they have other creatures around, hiding at night time? I shrugged to myself from the question, then quietly slipped out of my comfortable nest and into the deep trees where the strange creatures seemed to call out to me, now is my time to play with them.

As the sky grew darker into midnight, it was both a perfect time for me to explore alone, but also bad with my bright fireflies flickering around me. Not wanting to get caught by anyone, or thing, I awkwardly curved my wings down near the ground as a way to hide the fireflies better, and not to attract attention. A sound, something like a twig cracking, made me freeze in mid-walk, I was too late with hiding my attracting colors of fireflies.
To my luck though, it wasn’t a strange dragon or predator, instead it was a deer, a Wood Ear Deer. Some other creatures of different sizes and jungle-like colors were behind it as it calmly stepped up to me. In a stunned silence, I watched the animal with wide eyes, then started to smile, “Are you the strange creatures that always come out to play at midnight?”
image0.jpg
@OrkFree

Ooh, that's intruiging and it makes me really want to know more ^^
I'll send her over right away!

@KoralPisces

I loved that lore! I really like how you included her family c:
She's on her way!
@OrkFree

Ooh, that's intruiging and it makes me really want to know more ^^
I'll send her over right away!

@KoralPisces

I loved that lore! I really like how you included her family c:
She's on her way!
Confusing Parchment Scrap [Milo | He/Him]

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
@MaybeHuman I saw her and immediately saw her as a part of my clan. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50672989] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/506730/50672989_350.png[/img] [/url] [rule] The Starwood Strand was a beautiful place, thousands of thousands of flowers shimmering almost as bright as the stars themselves. Hidden behind the appearance danger awaited the ones not familiar with paths, lost withing the unknown of the forest. Yet the young Pearlcatcher showed no fear, her head raised high as she was listening to the mysteries echoing around her. Her shimmering wings were tucked tightly covering her glowing runes, noticeable on her bright skin. [i]She was close. [/i] Since she was a hatchling she could sense the pull of unknown magic, the mysterious call of someone she should recognize. A call that only grew in strength as she traced the mysterious runes and constantly shifting stars and constellations on her body. Silent notes of a song heard as she stared into the night sky that pierced her chest with the yearning for something she couldn’t still grasp. A ghostly touch of paws that appeared as her wings shimmered brightly as her mother’s. None of her siblings could understand these feelings, dismissing it as their desire to serve Icewarden pushed them all outside the clan’s safe grounds. [i]It should not take too much time now… [/i] As the nights passed and she grew up the mysterious call only grew stronger. Her dreams started to be plagued by dreams. Dreams of stars and constellations, the dragons marked by night and the darkness. Dragons so similar to herself, both in power and the connection to the stars. Her curiosity sparked, she started to search for the information, for at least a rumor or gossip of so mystifying beings. And after fruitless weeks she finally found it. [i]I can feel it…[/i] Far beyond her clan’s grounds, hidden deep within the Starfall Isles was a small clan that was marked by the stars. Only a few heard about them and even less managed to find their grounds as they mostly keep to themselves. It was hardly possible to find them on your own. Yet she left her clan, guided by the call she heard throughout her whole life. [i]Almost… Here! [/i] The trees obstructing her view suddenly disappeared, showing her full of life clan grounds. Her eyes darted from dragon to dragon, noticing the cosmic accents in their appearances. Being so lost in her thoughts she didn’t notice the Guardian adorned with nebulae living its own life within her. “[i]Welcome in the Starlight Clan[/i]” her voice rumbled with power yet it was delicate like the softest silk. “[i]We have been awaiting your arrival.[/i]” “[i]I… I didn’t expect...[/i]” Pearlcatcher was shocked at such gesture as the apparently the clan matriarch accepted stranger within mere seconds. “[i]You knew that I will come here?[/i]” “[i]Indeed, just like the others that have been blessed by the stars[/i].” the closest to the two of them nodded with smiles. “[i]My name is Estella. How should we call you, little one?[/i]” This was it. The last step to erase her past and her inheritance. To not be known only as of the daughter of lost within eons beings. It was finally time to become one of them that will not be forgotten. “[i]Mira[/i]” she spoke. “[i]My name is Mira[/i].” [rule] Despite the writing block, I think this is a rather nice piece. Hope you like it as well :3
@MaybeHuman I saw her and immediately saw her as a part of my clan.

50672989_350.png

The Starwood Strand was a beautiful place, thousands of thousands of flowers shimmering almost as bright as the stars themselves. Hidden behind the appearance danger awaited the ones not familiar with paths, lost withing the unknown of the forest. Yet the young Pearlcatcher showed no fear, her head raised high as she was listening to the mysteries echoing around her. Her shimmering wings were tucked tightly covering her glowing runes, noticeable on her bright skin.

She was close.

Since she was a hatchling she could sense the pull of unknown magic, the mysterious call of someone she should recognize. A call that only grew in strength as she traced the mysterious runes and constantly shifting stars and constellations on her body. Silent notes of a song heard as she stared into the night sky that pierced her chest with the yearning for something she couldn’t still grasp. A ghostly touch of paws that appeared as her wings shimmered brightly as her mother’s. None of her siblings could understand these feelings, dismissing it as their desire to serve Icewarden pushed them all outside the clan’s safe grounds.

It should not take too much time now…

As the nights passed and she grew up the mysterious call only grew stronger. Her dreams started to be plagued by dreams. Dreams of stars and constellations, the dragons marked by night and the darkness. Dragons so similar to herself, both in power and the connection to the stars. Her curiosity sparked, she started to search for the information, for at least a rumor or gossip of so mystifying beings. And after fruitless weeks she finally found it.

I can feel it…

Far beyond her clan’s grounds, hidden deep within the Starfall Isles was a small clan that was marked by the stars. Only a few heard about them and even less managed to find their grounds as they mostly keep to themselves. It was hardly possible to find them on your own. Yet she left her clan, guided by the call she heard throughout her whole life.

Almost…

Here!

The trees obstructing her view suddenly disappeared, showing her full of life clan grounds. Her eyes darted from dragon to dragon, noticing the cosmic accents in their appearances. Being so lost in her thoughts she didn’t notice the Guardian adorned with nebulae living its own life within her.

Welcome in the Starlight Clan” her voice rumbled with power yet it was delicate like the softest silk. “We have been awaiting your arrival.

I… I didn’t expect...” Pearlcatcher was shocked at such gesture as the apparently the clan matriarch accepted stranger within mere seconds. “You knew that I will come here?

Indeed, just like the others that have been blessed by the stars.” the closest to the two of them nodded with smiles. “My name is Estella. How should we call you, little one?

This was it. The last step to erase her past and her inheritance. To not be known only as of the daughter of lost within eons beings. It was finally time to become one of them that will not be forgotten.

Mira” she spoke. “My name is Mira.”
Despite the writing block, I think this is a rather nice piece. Hope you like it as well :3
BEXx3Jf.gif F9Q5MgG.gif v0bd3FH.png
Egg-cellent Hoarding Idea
Wishlist [WIP]
@kittythelioness

That was an amazing piece! I will send her over right away c:
@kittythelioness

That was an amazing piece! I will send her over right away c:

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
@ClaudiusBez @NStar @cvthedral @lunaralight @lunartea @Lynz

A new Gaoler lotto has been launched! :D
@ClaudiusBez @NStar @cvthedral @lunaralight @lunartea @Lynz

A new Gaoler lotto has been launched! :D

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
I’d love to enter the raffle!
I’d love to enter the raffle!
BXCXKs1.jpg
@lunaralight Entered! c:
@lunaralight Entered! c:

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
@lunaralight
Since you were the only one who entered the lotto, you won! :D
You have 24 hours to write the lore ^^
@lunaralight
Since you were the only one who entered the lotto, you won! :D
You have 24 hours to write the lore ^^

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
Woo! Alright, here goes! (Note: I plan on changing her primary to Jaguar, which is reflected in the art!) —- Revenge. Vengeance. Retribution. She is the harbinger of these concepts. A savior, and a bringer of doom. Many would describe Sornieth as an open and accepting realm. However, when you scrape off the layer of generalities, a festering layer of rot can be found beneath. Dragons who are different- the young, the sick, the weak, the misfortunate- abandoned by their clans and kin. Left alone, their death knell tolls. So, she will appear. Her routine is fairly unchanging. In the hours before a misfortunate dragon’s death, she will show herself to them. The dragons she meets are often mere hatchlings- upset, weak, and terrified. As she appears, she will offer the dragon a gentle smile, then silently but determinedly approach them. A sickeningly sweet scent wafts from her fur, the scent of the lily. Her smile never falters, and yet her deep red eyes pierce the very souls of those she chooses to encounter. The other dragon will watch her, transfixed by her sweet scent, her determined stride, her powerful aura. As she closes in on the dragon, she will stop, close her eyes, then open her mouth to speak. “Dear one, I have a proposition for you. A barter, if you will.” Her red eyes sharpen. “Grant me the remainder of your lifespan. In return, I shall ensure that those who have harmed you shall never harm another. They will feel the same pain that you have suffered.” In the yawning darkness of a wronged dragon’s final hours, it is hard to refuse such a trade. They lose what little they have left, and another makes a promise to protect those who still have so much to lose. And they would both gain so much more. Should a dragon reject her proposition, she will wordlessly leave them. The dragon will not hear from her again, and she will each silently slip out of the forsaken’s already fading memories. However, should the dragon accept, her eyes will once again sharpen, and she will utter a soft, “Very well.” The contractee will slip out of existence, satisfied with the tacit knowledge of their first and final freedom, the survival of their rage, their vengeance. The silent Gaoler will smile as her body strengthens, her scent vitalizes, and her eyes’ red glow accentuates. Her body and soul shimmers, rejuvenated by the offering granted to her. Then, she will set to work. Perhaps she will use a curse, tormenting the dragon’s hated bloodline for countless generations. Other times she will unleash a relentless plague upon the contractee’s corrupt clan- decimating their group to nothingness. The strength of her retribution correlates directly with the strength of the will of the dragon she has recieved- the hotter their fury burns the more extreme her punishment will be. Survivors of her wrath, intentional of course, always cite their encounters with the female gaoler as harrowing- they describe a large vengeful dragon bewitched by a menacing smile, reeking of the deadly sweetness of lilies. Her smile soft, but her eyes sharper than an Emperor’s bite. Lily, the savior of the doomed, and the harbinger of it. To those who have lost everything, she grants the power of anything. [img]https://i.imgur.com/PdSw8KZ.png[/img]
Woo! Alright, here goes!

(Note: I plan on changing her primary to Jaguar, which is reflected in the art!)

—-

Revenge. Vengeance. Retribution. She is the harbinger of these concepts.

A savior, and a bringer of doom.

Many would describe Sornieth as an open and accepting realm. However, when you scrape off the layer of generalities, a festering layer of rot can be found beneath. Dragons who are different- the young, the sick, the weak, the misfortunate- abandoned by their clans and kin.

Left alone, their death knell tolls.

So, she will appear.

Her routine is fairly unchanging. In the hours before a misfortunate dragon’s death, she will show herself to them.

The dragons she meets are often mere hatchlings- upset, weak, and terrified. As she appears, she will offer the dragon a gentle smile, then silently but determinedly approach them. A sickeningly sweet scent wafts from her fur, the scent of the lily. Her smile never falters, and yet her deep red eyes pierce the very souls of those she chooses to encounter.

The other dragon will watch her, transfixed by her sweet scent, her determined stride, her powerful aura. As she closes in on the dragon, she will stop, close her eyes, then open her mouth to speak.

“Dear one, I have a proposition for you. A barter, if you will.”

Her red eyes sharpen.

“Grant me the remainder of your lifespan. In return, I shall ensure that those who have harmed you shall never harm another. They will feel the same pain that you have suffered.”

In the yawning darkness of a wronged dragon’s final hours, it is hard to refuse such a trade. They lose what little they have left, and another makes a promise to protect those who still have so much to lose.

And they would both gain so much more.

Should a dragon reject her proposition, she will wordlessly leave them. The dragon will not hear from her again, and she will each silently slip out of the forsaken’s already fading memories.

However, should the dragon accept, her eyes will once again sharpen, and she will utter a soft, “Very well.”

The contractee will slip out of existence, satisfied with the tacit knowledge of their first and final freedom, the survival of their rage, their vengeance. The silent Gaoler will smile as her body strengthens, her scent vitalizes, and her eyes’ red glow accentuates. Her body and soul shimmers, rejuvenated by the offering granted to her.

Then, she will set to work.

Perhaps she will use a curse, tormenting the dragon’s hated bloodline for countless generations. Other times she will unleash a relentless plague upon the contractee’s corrupt clan- decimating their group to nothingness. The strength of her retribution correlates directly with the strength of the will of the dragon she has recieved- the hotter their fury burns the more extreme her punishment will be.

Survivors of her wrath, intentional of course, always cite their encounters with the female gaoler as harrowing- they describe a large vengeful dragon bewitched by a menacing smile, reeking of the deadly sweetness of lilies. Her smile soft, but her eyes sharper than an Emperor’s bite.

Lily, the savior of the doomed, and the harbinger of it.

To those who have lost everything, she grants the power of anything.

PdSw8KZ.png
BXCXKs1.jpg
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 30 31