Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 144 145
@CinamonPizza 10/8 Exploration [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47595190] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/475952/47595190_350.png[/img] [/url] A snapper stood in silent greeting as Nightingale's journey brought her close to its den. It stomped its feet excitedly, hollow eye sockets seemingly fixed on its new company. Its tongue lolled from its mouth betwixt two largely overgrown canines. Rubies affixed to many chains bounced as it lumbered forward, a taut grin evident beneath the bony plate of its skull. It redirected its attention unto itself, capturing a panel of fabric from beneath the scales at its chest and dropping it at the nocturne's feet with with the sound of ripping fabric. It waited expectantly with its empty eyes. [item=unearthly onyx nightshroud][/center][/quote]
@CinamonPizza
10/8 Exploration

Quote:

47595190_350.png

A snapper stood in silent greeting as Nightingale's journey brought her close to its den. It stomped its feet excitedly, hollow eye sockets seemingly fixed on its new company. Its tongue lolled from its mouth betwixt two largely overgrown canines. Rubies affixed to many chains bounced as it lumbered forward, a taut grin evident beneath the bony plate of its skull.

It redirected its attention unto itself, capturing a panel of fabric from beneath the scales at its chest and dropping it at the nocturne's feet with with the sound of ripping fabric.

It waited expectantly with its empty eyes.

Unearthly Onyx Nightshroud

32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
[size=2][color=#ab82c9]LMAO I have no idea either but my starving lair appreciates it greatly @3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Hyperion [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=glimmer tile size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: let's dooooooo meat food today
LMAO I have no idea either but my starving lair appreciates it greatly

@3idolon

pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Hyperion
My map marker is:
I am searching for: let's dooooooo meat food today
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@aurallene (@Peyp your NPC has been found!) 10/8 Exploration [center][size=7][color=red][b]!NEW NPC ENCOUNTER![/b][/color][/size][/center] [Quote][center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39838170] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/398382/39838170_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] "Gather 'round! Gather 'round! I've got a challenge for you! Any of you! Can you do? No? How about you then?" Behind the screeching Wildclaw, a tacky stand with some cans placed one on top of the other, in front of him a few balls and a hoard of hatchlings. You watch as they dare each other, then trying to knock the cans one by one, failing one after the other. You scoff, as the game is surely rigged, and one of the hatchlings turns around to glare at you. "You do it then!" the angry, tiny ball of scales snarls at you. "Yes! Yes, how about you try? It's only a few treasure coins to try!" says the Wildclaw with a grin, holding one of the balls. A rude child and an obviously unwinnable game, led by an annoying dragon grinning at you? A smirk playing on your lips as you approach the game-master, giving him a few coins and grabbing the ball from his claws during the quick moment. Ball looks fine, has an alright weight and is bouncy enough. Suspiciously, you glance towards the Wildclaw that is not looking at you anymore, his attention on the rude hatchling from before. You spare the kid a glace, as well, and notice he looks at you as if you were a lower species. Focusing back on the can stack, you throw the ball a few more times from one hand to the other, and deciding that it's a good time as any, you throw. Surprisingly, you hit, and the cans fell down, all of them. You hear a part of the hatchling hoard cheer and one loud groan. The little rude fellow doesn't seem to be happy about it. "Congratulations, you won! Here, here! A plushie for you, and a few of these! You can use them during the festival!" as the Wildclaw is packing your loot, the kid hoard is gone, and, as the colorful dragon puts everything in your hands, he commnts "Also, thanks! They continued to dare each other to use balls sizes for adults, instead of hatchling ones, and the snarky one is bringing a new group of friends every day to try again. You wouldn't believe me how many strange looks it got me, having a bunch of kids try and fail so many times. I didn't even charge them... Maybe they finally stop now, since you've proven them it's not the balls that are the issue here." [Item=Rotting Plaguebringer Effigy] and [item=All-Seeing Shroom]x99/[item=All-Seeing Shroom]x198/[item=All-Seeing Shroom]x297 [/quote]
@aurallene (@Peyp your NPC has been found!)
10/8 Exploration

!NEW NPC ENCOUNTER!
Quote:

"Gather 'round! Gather 'round! I've got a challenge for you! Any of you! Can you do? No? How about you then?" Behind the screeching Wildclaw, a tacky stand with some cans placed one on top of the other, in front of him a few balls and a hoard of hatchlings. You watch as they dare each other, then trying to knock the cans one by one, failing one after the other. You scoff, as the game is surely rigged, and one of the hatchlings turns around to glare at you. "You do it then!" the angry, tiny ball of scales snarls at you. "Yes! Yes, how about you try? It's only a few treasure coins to try!" says the Wildclaw with a grin, holding one of the balls. A rude child and an obviously unwinnable game, led by an annoying dragon grinning at you?

A smirk playing on your lips as you approach the game-master, giving him a few coins and grabbing the ball from his claws during the quick moment. Ball looks fine, has an alright weight and is bouncy enough. Suspiciously, you glance towards the Wildclaw that is not looking at you anymore, his attention on the rude hatchling from before. You spare the kid a glace, as well, and notice he looks at you as if you were a lower species. Focusing back on the can stack, you throw the ball a few more times from one hand to the other, and deciding that it's a good time as any, you throw.

Surprisingly, you hit, and the cans fell down, all of them. You hear a part of the hatchling hoard cheer and one loud groan. The little rude fellow doesn't seem to be happy about it. "Congratulations, you won! Here, here! A plushie for you, and a few of these! You can use them during the festival!" as the Wildclaw is packing your loot, the kid hoard is gone, and, as the colorful dragon puts everything in your hands, he commnts "Also, thanks! They continued to dare each other to use balls sizes for adults, instead of hatchling ones, and the snarky one is bringing a new group of friends every day to try again. You wouldn't believe me how many strange looks it got me, having a bunch of kids try and fail so many times. I didn't even charge them... Maybe they finally stop now, since you've proven them it's not the balls that are the issue here."

Rotting Plaguebringer Effigy and All-Seeing Shroom x99/ All-Seeing Shroom x198/ All-Seeing Shroom x297

32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@Antigen
OMG tysm.... I'm speechless
@Antigen
OMG tysm.... I'm speechless
izNWGeD.pngjUh7KcJ.png
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54419696] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/544197/54419696_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=crystal ball size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: After encountering the NPC yesterday, Auream practically pranced to her new destination
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:
54419696_350.png

My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post: After encountering the NPC yesterday, Auream practically pranced to her new destination
izNWGeD.pngjUh7KcJ.png
[quote][center]@Antigen [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34116307] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/341164/34116307_350.png[/img] [/url] "Greetings, Claw." Diamond begins. "Thank you for the kind gifts again. I am Diamond of the Windflight Clan from the Reedcleft Ascent. While I myself hail from the land of the Tidelord, my father and I moved to Wind territory after a series of bad events." The great Guardian continues. "The reason I am here is because of my mother. She... turned insane and captured my siblings (Diamond hesitates saying this). And then she took over the Clan when we thought she was gone." "I'm out here, looking for her, as most of us back home think she was headed to the territory of the Plaguebringer." "Well then, Claw," Diamond finishes. "I must go - the scent trail of my ruthless mother is getting weaker and I must follow it 'til it ends. I hope to meet again, when you will know that I am, indeed, a survivor. Maybe I will share another tale of my childhood with you."[/center][/quote] @3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/4#post_40869572]Diamond (Linked to post)[/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=deer skull size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (Any)/Apparel/Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: [b]Yes[/b]/No [b]My RP post[/b]: Now almost a week into his adventure in the Scarred Wasteland, Diamond wandered for a few days without bumping into any [b]new[/b] dragons. Then, out of the corner of his (rather small) eye, he saw a female Nocturne bearing an uncanny resemblance to the Plaguebringer. Still following the now-fading scent trail left by his mother, he decided to ask the Nocturne if she had seen Deepsea. "Hey!" Diamond called. "You over there! Can I ask you something?" @CinamonPizza
Quote:
@Antigen

34116307_350.png

"Greetings, Claw." Diamond begins. "Thank you for the kind gifts again. I am Diamond of the Windflight Clan from the Reedcleft Ascent. While I myself hail from the land of the Tidelord, my father and I moved to Wind territory after a series of bad events."

The great Guardian continues. "The reason I am here is because of my mother. She... turned insane and captured my siblings (Diamond hesitates saying this). And then she took over the Clan when we thought she was gone."
"I'm out here, looking for her, as most of us back home think she was headed to the territory of the Plaguebringer."

"Well then, Claw," Diamond finishes. "I must go - the scent trail of my ruthless mother is getting weaker and I must follow it 'til it ends. I hope to meet again, when you will know that I am, indeed, a survivor. Maybe I will share another tale of my childhood with you."

@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Diamond (Linked to post)
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food (Any)/Apparel/Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes/No
My RP post:
Now almost a week into his adventure in the Scarred Wasteland, Diamond wandered for a few days without bumping into any new dragons. Then, out of the corner of his (rather small) eye, he saw a female Nocturne bearing an uncanny resemblance to the Plaguebringer.
Still following the now-fading scent trail left by his mother, he decided to ask the Nocturne if she had seen Deepsea.
"Hey!" Diamond called. "You over there! Can I ask you something?"

@CinamonPizza
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
@Disillusionist 10/8 Exploration [center][quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37953436] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379535/37953436_350.png[/img] [/url] A Gaoler startled from her trance-like thoughts with a force akin to receiving a bucket of ice water over the head. Her roughly carved adornments rattled as she shook herself. She then gained her feet, moving cautiously to face the life force that disrupted her. A strange, cold luminescence had come close whilst she was absent of mind. It shifted strangely as though it were less than completely substantial. "You have the feel of one who travels the between." She said, and the years of her life fell into her words. "I feel the draw of your energy as though it were siphoned from my very bones." The Gaoler moved to a crate nearby, stepping in such a way that she never gave the visitor her back. She pried up the top. Something rose up in response. A skin-crawling series of calls issued from its beak. The little creature was pushed forth as the Gaoler moved behind the crate, steering it along the earth towards Corwin. "A pair of flightless wings to ground you when your thoughts take you high." [item=amberwing waveskimmer][/quote] [/center]
@Disillusionist
10/8 Exploration
Quote:

37953436_350.png

A Gaoler startled from her trance-like thoughts with a force akin to receiving a bucket of ice water over the head. Her roughly carved adornments rattled as she shook herself. She then gained her feet, moving cautiously to face the life force that disrupted her.

A strange, cold luminescence had come close whilst she was absent of mind. It shifted strangely as though it were less than completely substantial.

"You have the feel of one who travels the between." She said, and the years of her life fell into her words.

"I feel the draw of your energy as though it were siphoned from my very bones."

The Gaoler moved to a crate nearby, stepping in such a way that she never gave the visitor her back. She pried up the top. Something rose up in response. A skin-crawling series of calls issued from its beak. The little creature was pushed forth as the Gaoler moved behind the crate, steering it along the earth towards Corwin.

"A pair of flightless wings to ground you when your thoughts take you high."
Amberwing Waveskimmer
@PijukVonGacy @Disillusionist @SommerBee @TheAwesoMew @Captainsaviathan 10/9 Explorations - "Other" category [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32889949] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/328900/32889949_350.png[/img] [/url] A traveling merchant of the plaguelands, somewhat notorious for his wacky presentation, set up shop nearby for the day. He moved about his cart, stacking boards to form a makeshift counter beside it. Heaps of bags and loads of sacks threatened to topple from where they were stored as the spiral plucked them at random. His momentum persisted, unfailing, as he added a second, and then a third counter, placing object upon item upon outfit until their surfaces were no longer visible. Finally, he bounded around and in front of the stalls, his pointed tail catching the edge of one, forcing him to pivot and interrupt its fall. He settled the boards of the left outermost stand. He then carefully (for him) stepped around it to claim center stage. With claws aglow and eyes spiraling as quickly as his body wound, he drew in a breath to begin his boisterous pitch. "I have rings! I have things! I have rings [i]for[/i] my things! Treasures troven and fabrics woven! I know the Timing of the Trends! The Tricks of the Trade! The Tides of the Tourists! You want food? Need a dress? A this-or-that with more finesse?" He paused as the visitors approached - Oh! You want an [i]'Other.'[/i] Yes, I have that too. What kind of [i]'Other'[/i] will it be? [item=firefly cockatrice]PijukVonGacy [item=iron treasure chest]Disillusionist [item=treehorn wolpertinger]SommerBee [item=gilded decorative chest]TheAwesoMew [item=vial of hypnotic sight]Captainsaviathan [/center][/quote]
@PijukVonGacy @Disillusionist @SommerBee @TheAwesoMew @Captainsaviathan
10/9 Explorations - "Other" category

Quote:

32889949_350.png

A traveling merchant of the plaguelands, somewhat notorious for his wacky presentation, set up shop nearby for the day. He moved about his cart, stacking boards to form a makeshift counter beside it. Heaps of bags and loads of sacks threatened to topple from where they were stored as the spiral plucked them at random. His momentum persisted, unfailing, as he added a second, and then a third counter, placing object upon item upon outfit until their surfaces were no longer visible.

Finally, he bounded around and in front of the stalls, his pointed tail catching the edge of one, forcing him to pivot and interrupt its fall. He settled the boards of the left outermost stand. He then carefully (for him) stepped around it to claim center stage.

With claws aglow and eyes spiraling as quickly as his body wound, he drew in a breath to begin his boisterous pitch.

"I have rings!
I have things!
I have rings for my things!

Treasures troven and fabrics woven!
I know the Timing of the Trends!
The Tricks of the Trade!
The Tides of the Tourists!

You want food? Need a dress?
A this-or-that with more finesse?"

He paused as the visitors approached -

Oh! You want an 'Other.' Yes, I have that too. What kind of 'Other' will it be?

Firefly Cockatrice PijukVonGacy Iron Treasure Chest Disillusionist Treehorn Wolpertinger SommerBee Gilded Decorative Chest TheAwesoMew Vial of Hypnotic Sight Captainsaviathan
@Antigen [s]@aeternumxvale she’s your dragon so I figured I’d @ you, hope that’s alright[/s] ----- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/449973/44997296p.png[/img] Delta’s talons hurt. She’d been walking for [i]hours[/i]. She’d thought many times during this that it would be so much easier to take wing and, ya know, not be lost anymore. But her wings were sore too, and arguably hurt more than her talons. So she continued walking. And walking. And walking. She had given a cheery “hello!” to the strange Wildclaw once she laid eyes on her, trotting over at a quickened pace to greet the other properly. Yet, as the other dragon remained motionless as she drew closer, her smile felt more and more forced. What if she ended up the same way, lifeless like this Wildclaw? And yet, once the Guardian was a good deal closer Basselt moved, shaking her head at the fisherdragon. Delta paused for a moment, confused. Then she drew closer, this time more wary. The Wildclaw spoke something somewhat trivial in a hoarse voice. “What do you mean? What are these lands infested with, exactly?” She repeated these questions several times, only to be ignored. An awkward silence fell, the only sound being the occasional shuffling of Delta’s talons. Then the Wildclaw nodded and began removing her own clothing. “Wh-What are you doing?” The young princess asked, not surprised to find her question unanswered. She had so many more. [i]Why is she here? Why did she stay? Why won’t she leave?[/i] Basselt held out her clothing with a neutral expression. Yet her Earthy eyes spoke volumes. With the same amount of wariness and caution, Delta accepted them, placing it on her back. Settled between her wings so they wouldn’t fall. She quickly flipped through the book she was handed. Delta didn’t understand one thing written in it. With a defeated sigh, she tied that around her waist, next to the food parcel. The Guardian, who had been leaning down, drew herself to her full height. She looked down at the Wildclaw with sad green eyes. “I.. I hope things can be better for you, Ms.” Was all she could muster. Her voice wavered ever so slightly. She swallowed thickly, daring not to touch Basselt, despite how badly she wanted to [i]hug her and tell her it was going to be okay[/i]. To [i]help her[/i]. But no. She walked around the other dragon, ignoring the stinging pain in her talons. Casting a final look behind her to the stranger, she walked away and tried not to cry.[/center]
@Antigen
@aeternumxvale she’s your dragon so I figured I’d @ you, hope that’s alright
44997296p.png

Delta’s talons hurt. She’d been walking for hours. She’d thought many times during this that it would be so much easier to take wing and, ya know, not be lost anymore. But her wings were sore too, and arguably hurt more than her talons. So she continued walking. And walking. And walking.

She had given a cheery “hello!” to the strange Wildclaw once she laid eyes on her, trotting over at a quickened pace to greet the other properly. Yet, as the other dragon remained motionless as she drew closer, her smile felt more and more forced. What if she ended up the same way, lifeless like this Wildclaw?

And yet, once the Guardian was a good deal closer Basselt moved, shaking her head at the fisherdragon. Delta paused for a moment, confused. Then she drew closer, this time more wary. The Wildclaw spoke something somewhat trivial in a hoarse voice.

“What do you mean? What are these lands infested with, exactly?” She repeated these questions several times, only to be ignored. An awkward silence fell, the only sound being the occasional shuffling of Delta’s talons. Then the Wildclaw nodded and began removing her own clothing.

“Wh-What are you doing?” The young princess asked, not surprised to find her question unanswered. She had so many more. Why is she here? Why did she stay? Why won’t she leave? Basselt held out her clothing with a neutral expression. Yet her Earthy eyes spoke volumes. With the same amount of wariness and caution, Delta accepted them, placing it on her back. Settled between her wings so they wouldn’t fall.

She quickly flipped through the book she was handed. Delta didn’t understand one thing written in it. With a defeated sigh, she tied that around her waist, next to the food parcel. The Guardian, who had been leaning down, drew herself to her full height. She looked down at the Wildclaw with sad green eyes.

“I.. I hope things can be better for you, Ms.” Was all she could muster. Her voice wavered ever so slightly. She swallowed thickly, daring not to touch Basselt, despite how badly she wanted to hug her and tell her it was going to be okay. To help her. But no. She walked around the other dragon, ignoring the stinging pain in her talons. Casting a final look behind her to the stranger, she walked away and tried not to cry.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@3idolon [b]Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50018330] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500184/50018330_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My chosen map marker is[/b]: [emoji=gear size=1] [b]A brief introduction of my dragon explorer[/b]: Archer was created by a group of questionably ethical dragons that were studying the golems in the workshop, he is a once-wildclaw now mostly mechanical dragon shaped automaton. He escaped and now lives a much less painful life in a clan that doesn't much care to ask questions about the past and prefer to live in the now. He uses his scanner eyes to scan things. [b]I am open to RP interaction[/b]: Yes [i]Optional for RPers[/i] [b]Personality of your dragon explorer[/b]: Cold and efficient, but naive not good at picking out lies when they are not directly contradicted by a well known solid fact (basically, can tell "fish breathe air" is a lie but not "i am a trustworthy person" or "that's valuable.") Does not like to dwell or think about past things. [b]Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer[/b]: He a almost robit and go 'clink clang' when he walk. @3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Archer up thar! [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=gear size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Archer landed on the outskirts of the Scarred Wasteland, noting the ground here was a little softer than he was used to but not in the same way that sand was. Master Jarvis had shown him a scroll he had been given about some interesting treasure that might be in Plague's territory. He had told him that with the diseases that ran rampant in the area, it might be a good idea for Archer to go as he was more metal than bone. Understanding the objective, Archer had flown off in search for anything "valuable."
@3idolon
Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland:

50018330_350.png

My chosen map marker is:
A brief introduction of my dragon explorer: Archer was created by a group of questionably ethical dragons that were studying the golems in the workshop, he is a once-wildclaw now mostly mechanical dragon shaped automaton. He escaped and now lives a much less painful life in a clan that doesn't much care to ask questions about the past and prefer to live in the now. He uses his scanner eyes to scan things.
I am open to RP interaction: Yes

Optional for RPers
Personality of your dragon explorer: Cold and efficient, but naive not good at picking out lies when they are not directly contradicted by a well known solid fact (basically, can tell "fish breathe air" is a lie but not "i am a trustworthy person" or "that's valuable.") Does not like to dwell or think about past things.
Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer: He a almost robit and go 'clink clang' when he walk.

@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Archer up thar!
My map marker is:
I am searching for: apparel

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post:

Archer landed on the outskirts of the Scarred Wasteland, noting the ground here was a little softer than he was used to but not in the same way that sand was. Master Jarvis had shown him a scroll he had been given about some interesting treasure that might be in Plague's territory. He had told him that with the diseases that ran rampant in the area, it might be a good idea for Archer to go as he was more metal than bone. Understanding the objective, Archer had flown off in search for anything "valuable."
iQDbaIG.pngVU2KtEp.pnglohf4Mo.pngmIJ4jhU.gif9VJKzaA.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 144 145