Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 141 142
@CleverDual

Thank you so much!!! That means so much to hear!!! I'm really happy with how this chapter turned out too!!!

IT'S PERFECTLY INNOCENT!!! Also with Ulf prowling around, Larkin wasn't just going to leave Zunde on his own, and it's not as if Topaz and her planned this!

SO EXCITING I HAVE SO MANY NEW CHARACTERS TO EXPLORE AAAAA This clan is growing faster than I thought it would! (I think taking your apparel and familiar pulls help! XD)
@CleverDual

Thank you so much!!! That means so much to hear!!! I'm really happy with how this chapter turned out too!!!

IT'S PERFECTLY INNOCENT!!! Also with Ulf prowling around, Larkin wasn't just going to leave Zunde on his own, and it's not as if Topaz and her planned this!

SO EXCITING I HAVE SO MANY NEW CHARACTERS TO EXPLORE AAAAA This clan is growing faster than I thought it would! (I think taking your apparel and familiar pulls help! XD)
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall XD I'm over here rofl'ing at the exchange between you and @CleverDual. But as a subscriber to the Magical Nose Boops Theory of Egg Creation™, I approve of this chapter! Seriously, it was an interesting way to show how the magic of the place and Topaz' own powers might resonate with each other -- though I do feel a bit sorry for Larkin. "I'm not ready for this!" -- Yeah, four kids in such a short space of time is gonna be quite a handful. (We might get to see Ulf being a grumpy old grandpa, though? [emoji=coatl tongue size=1])
@Petall XD I'm over here rofl'ing at the exchange between you and @CleverDual. But as a subscriber to the Magical Nose Boops Theory of Egg Creation™, I approve of this chapter! Seriously, it was an interesting way to show how the magic of the place and Topaz' own powers might resonate with each other -- though I do feel a bit sorry for Larkin. "I'm not ready for this!" -- Yeah, four kids in such a short space of time is gonna be quite a handful.

(We might get to see Ulf being a grumpy old grandpa, though? )
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Petall Aww new shadow babies! So, can we expect "A" names for these 3? You did say this would be an alphabet legacy challenge as well, I think... Which means Topaz is going to lose his plot armor, oh no! (And... after reading @Cleverdual 's lore... For once the royal family of the Clan of Resting Wings... won't have the butterfly gene~) And honestly, that was a very delicate "nesting scene"~ It's always interesting to see what headcanons come up with to explain dragon eggs (and size differences[emoji=fae winking size=1]), and I did always wonder how Unsophylax's parents never realized they had an egg. If it's just elemental magic released with powerful emotions, that explains a lot. And Larkin... "I'm not ready for babies!" *runs out of room with baby son that she just adopted*... Lol.
@Petall

Aww new shadow babies! So, can we expect "A" names for these 3? You did say this would be an alphabet legacy challenge as well, I think... Which means Topaz is going to lose his plot armor, oh no! (And... after reading @Cleverdual 's lore... For once the royal family of the Clan of Resting Wings... won't have the butterfly gene~)

And honestly, that was a very delicate "nesting scene"~ It's always interesting to see what headcanons come up with to explain dragon eggs (and size differences), and I did always wonder how Unsophylax's parents never realized they had an egg. If it's just elemental magic released with powerful emotions, that explains a lot.

And Larkin... "I'm not ready for babies!" *runs out of room with baby son that she just adopted*... Lol.
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@Disillusionist Lol, yeah, we have a lot of fun! Yeah! In my headcanon, there are multiple ways to create a way. Some is through elemental magic at a strongly emotional moment, one it through the intentional mixing of a certain strain of elemental magic, and the other is the traditional way. I find that between these three methods, I can cover any sort of situation I need to. (We'll have to see! [emoji=gaoler tongue size=1]) @AlchemyFox Yup! That is the plan! I'm so excited to actually get this alphabet legacy challenge started!!! (And unlike CleverDual I haven't tired of butterfly, but yes, this will be breaking the tradition! [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] The ruins may be cursed, but the butterfly curse has been broken!) Yeah! This is exactly the sort of way I imagine Unsophylax's egg coming about, it just ended up forming hidden away where Tosha and Thorn never found it! I do also headcanon the eggs can be created the traditional way, as well as by intentional mixing that strain of elemental magic, so that allows me to pick and choose what method best suits the lore of the nest in question! I think for her it's more "I'm not ready for this level of relationship with you Topaz," then the thought of having more kiddos, although it is a surprise when she thought she'd only be raising the one! XD
@Disillusionist

Lol, yeah, we have a lot of fun!

Yeah! In my headcanon, there are multiple ways to create a way. Some is through elemental magic at a strongly emotional moment, one it through the intentional mixing of a certain strain of elemental magic, and the other is the traditional way. I find that between these three methods, I can cover any sort of situation I need to.

(We'll have to see! )

@AlchemyFox

Yup! That is the plan! I'm so excited to actually get this alphabet legacy challenge started!!! (And unlike CleverDual I haven't tired of butterfly, but yes, this will be breaking the tradition! The ruins may be cursed, but the butterfly curse has been broken!)

Yeah! This is exactly the sort of way I imagine Unsophylax's egg coming about, it just ended up forming hidden away where Tosha and Thorn never found it! I do also headcanon the eggs can be created the traditional way, as well as by intentional mixing that strain of elemental magic, so that allows me to pick and choose what method best suits the lore of the nest in question!

I think for her it's more "I'm not ready for this level of relationship with you Topaz," then the thought of having more kiddos, although it is a surprise when she thought she'd only be raising the one! XD
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
oh yes
e g g s (for some reason egg is a fun word to say honestly)

i feel bad for larkin though because now she's gonna have four kids and she said she wasn't even ready for the whole thing with topaz, so that's a big yikes

also sorry i'm late but i love how detailed the map is hhnhgnhhn
oh yes
e g g s (for some reason egg is a fun word to say honestly)

i feel bad for larkin though because now she's gonna have four kids and she said she wasn't even ready for the whole thing with topaz, so that's a big yikes

also sorry i'm late but i love how detailed the map is hhnhgnhhn
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/7#post_39425780]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 7: Land of Today[/u][/b] [item=black hainu collar] Sentence: Art[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] Ulf prowled the castle. To his great delight, he had discovered that one of the palace towers had held what looked to have been a prison. Surprisingly, it had remained mostly intact. The gaoler had realized he was likely going to be here a while, and he might as well make himself comfortable. Larkin certainly wasn't going to let go of Zunde anytime soon, and Topaz was growing more arrogant and irritating by the day. He wanted to try to keep the coatl in line, before he went too far. Ulf was inspecting the chains and other adornments within the prison spire when he heard the sound of sobbing. That was certainly a sign of trouble. Abandoning his post, he left in search of the source. He followed the wails until he found Larkin, curled in a crevice in the wall and crying into her fur. Zunde was pressed into her, wailing too. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52717225] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=101&bodygene=20&breed=12&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=123&tertgene=5&winggene=21&wings=149&auth=68945d91d144ae8b6a3a68d7b972bf184f2160d8&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] "Larkin, what's wrong?" Ulf asked with surprising softness. The tundra looked up, her blue eyes swollen and glistening with tears. "Topaz and I- We- He-" Larkin hiccuped, clearly too upset to talk. "Hey, take some deep breaths," Ulf instructed. The tundra nodded and obeyed, calming down a little. "Did he hurt you?" "No, not exactly," Larkin admitted. "We were just talking, and suddenly I felt really warm and the lantern was doing something and the next thing I knew there were three eggs sitting between us. The way he was looking at them- and me- I already have my hands full with Zunde, and now we've got three more on the way? And what if he expects me to be his queen? I like Topaz, but I'm not sure I like him that way and I'm still just figuring this all out like I was angry at him and now I not and I like him but I don't know how much-" "Woah, calm down. I don't know what Topaz said, but this doesn't mean you have to be his queen," Ulf growled, "If he says anything different, I'll give him a talking to. Secondly, you can be a mother to your other children without needing to be in any sort of committed relationship to Topaz. Sometimes these things happen, especially when emotions and running high, and having a nest doesn't automatically make you mates. Take things slow. Be there for you children. You are a great mother, I can see how great you are with Zunde." As he spoke, Ulf felt his heart drop. He knew that he could never take Zunde from Larkin. He may not be hers biologically, and he may have a family that's looking for him, but he was clearly her son. If he was going to say this kind of blood didn't matter, he couldn't turn around and deny the bond between the two. "Thank you Ulf. How did you get to be so wise?" Larkin sniffed. She was calming down now. "Honestly, I think this whole thing just took me by surprise." "Yeah, it'll do that do ya," Ulf chuckled slightly. "and as for wisdom, you aren't half bad yourself. You have the good sense to let what happened box you into any tight corners that'll come back to bite you." He looked at the coatl hatchling, who still looked rather distressed. "Is the kid okay?" Larkin turned her attention to Zunde, scooping him up and touching her nose to her head, "Hey Zunde, it's okay, mommy was just a little overwhelmed. Everything is fine, you're okay," She cooed, nuzzling her child. The coatl calmed quickly. "Hey, is something wrong with Zunde's wing?" Ulf asked, for the first time catching sight of the odd angle the coatl's right wing sat at. It was looking a little smaller than his left wing too, now that he was getting bigger. Larkin looked down at it, a sad expression crossing her face. "I think it was because of the crack in his egg. Some of the internal elemental magic must have seeped out before he was done growing," She explained. "He'll be okay, but I don't think he's going to be able to fly." "Well, flying's overrated anyways," Ulf teased, flapping his scrawny wings. Gaolers had never been built for flight, after all. A smile crossed Larkin's face, and she glanced down at Zunde. "You hear that, Zunde? Uncle Ulf can't fly either!" She told him. The coatl looked up at her with wide green eyes and let out a loud squawk of joy. Larkin giggled. As Ulf watched the mother and son interacting, he felt a warm sensation rising within him. Hearing Larkin refer to him as the child's uncle had touched him more than he had expected. Whatever he might feel about Topaz, this clan wasn't all bad, and he was going to make sure the precious parts stayed safe, no matter the cost. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/9#post_39457541]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider[/center] ----- And here we have some quality bonding between Larkin and Ulf! I've kind of always seen Larkin as the one who forms the bridge between Topaz and Ulf, as the two boys aren't entirely fond of each other. For today's art pull, I made moodboard for everyone who doesn't have one yet! here they are! Larkin: [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/71/54/4c/71544ca41fbc80ef189c3fadd55288c3.jpg[/img][/center] Ulf: [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/1c/1b/b1/1c1bb1a1af9c31baf5217c0a62f3e046.jpg[/img][/center] Zunde: [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b5/08/83/b508836458255a805ff096f1c70c42c5.jpg[/img][/center] I made Topaz's back near when he hatched, when he was a part of Windkeep Tower's lore, but it still suits him so here it is for those of you who haven't seen it! [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d1/c6/09/d1c60968f7dc75fd5df6b0e6d1efdde4.jpg[/img][/center]

Day 7: Land of Today
Black Hainu Collar
Sentence: Art

Ulf prowled the castle. To his great delight, he had discovered that one of the palace towers had held what looked to have been a prison. Surprisingly, it had remained mostly intact. The gaoler had realized he was likely going to be here a while, and he might as well make himself comfortable. Larkin certainly wasn't going to let go of Zunde anytime soon, and Topaz was growing more arrogant and irritating by the day. He wanted to try to keep the coatl in line, before he went too far.

Ulf was inspecting the chains and other adornments within the prison spire when he heard the sound of sobbing. That was certainly a sign of trouble. Abandoning his post, he left in search of the source. He followed the wails until he found Larkin, curled in a crevice in the wall and crying into her fur. Zunde was pressed into her, wailing too.

"Larkin, what's wrong?" Ulf asked with surprising softness. The tundra looked up, her blue eyes swollen and glistening with tears.

"Topaz and I- We- He-" Larkin hiccuped, clearly too upset to talk.

"Hey, take some deep breaths," Ulf instructed. The tundra nodded and obeyed, calming down a little. "Did he hurt you?"

"No, not exactly," Larkin admitted. "We were just talking, and suddenly I felt really warm and the lantern was doing something and the next thing I knew there were three eggs sitting between us. The way he was looking at them- and me- I already have my hands full with Zunde, and now we've got three more on the way? And what if he expects me to be his queen? I like Topaz, but I'm not sure I like him that way and I'm still just figuring this all out like I was angry at him and now I not and I like him but I don't know how much-"

"Woah, calm down. I don't know what Topaz said, but this doesn't mean you have to be his queen," Ulf growled, "If he says anything different, I'll give him a talking to. Secondly, you can be a mother to your other children without needing to be in any sort of committed relationship to Topaz. Sometimes these things happen, especially when emotions and running high, and having a nest doesn't automatically make you mates. Take things slow. Be there for you children. You are a great mother, I can see how great you are with Zunde."

As he spoke, Ulf felt his heart drop. He knew that he could never take Zunde from Larkin. He may not be hers biologically, and he may have a family that's looking for him, but he was clearly her son. If he was going to say this kind of blood didn't matter, he couldn't turn around and deny the bond between the two.

"Thank you Ulf. How did you get to be so wise?" Larkin sniffed. She was calming down now. "Honestly, I think this whole thing just took me by surprise."

"Yeah, it'll do that do ya," Ulf chuckled slightly. "and as for wisdom, you aren't half bad yourself. You have the good sense to let what happened box you into any tight corners that'll come back to bite you." He looked at the coatl hatchling, who still looked rather distressed. "Is the kid okay?"

Larkin turned her attention to Zunde, scooping him up and touching her nose to her head, "Hey Zunde, it's okay, mommy was just a little overwhelmed. Everything is fine, you're okay," She cooed, nuzzling her child. The coatl calmed quickly.

"Hey, is something wrong with Zunde's wing?" Ulf asked, for the first time catching sight of the odd angle the coatl's right wing sat at. It was looking a little smaller than his left wing too, now that he was getting bigger.

Larkin looked down at it, a sad expression crossing her face. "I think it was because of the crack in his egg. Some of the internal elemental magic must have seeped out before he was done growing," She explained. "He'll be okay, but I don't think he's going to be able to fly."

"Well, flying's overrated anyways," Ulf teased, flapping his scrawny wings. Gaolers had never been built for flight, after all. A smile crossed Larkin's face, and she glanced down at Zunde.

"You hear that, Zunde? Uncle Ulf can't fly either!" She told him. The coatl looked up at her with wide green eyes and let out a loud squawk of joy. Larkin giggled.

As Ulf watched the mother and son interacting, he felt a warm sensation rising within him. Hearing Larkin refer to him as the child's uncle had touched him more than he had expected. Whatever he might feel about Topaz, this clan wasn't all bad, and he was going to make sure the precious parts stayed safe, no matter the cost.

And here we have some quality bonding between Larkin and Ulf! I've kind of always seen Larkin as the one who forms the bridge between Topaz and Ulf, as the two boys aren't entirely fond of each other.

For today's art pull, I made moodboard for everyone who doesn't have one yet! here they are!

Larkin:
71544ca41fbc80ef189c3fadd55288c3.jpg

Ulf:
1c1bb1a1af9c31baf5217c0a62f3e046.jpg

Zunde:
b508836458255a805ff096f1c70c42c5.jpg

I made Topaz's back near when he hatched, when he was a part of Windkeep Tower's lore, but it still suits him so here it is for those of you who haven't seen it!
d1c60968f7dc75fd5df6b0e6d1efdde4.jpg
@Dynami

Sorry! I only just saw your comment!

Plague egg is an even more fun thing to say!

Yeah, Larkin has a lot on her plate right now!

Didn't CleverDual do such a great job with it???
@Dynami

Sorry! I only just saw your comment!

Plague egg is an even more fun thing to say!

Yeah, Larkin has a lot on her plate right now!

Didn't CleverDual do such a great job with it???
@Petall I think Ulf is fast becoming my favorite character in this story. I've always had a soft spot for tough, grumpy types who are also protective -- not to mention he gives plenty of smart advice!

Lovely moodboards as always! I think Topaz's is my favorite. I love that picture of the gent's clothes on the right. I wish I had that outfit. xDD
@Petall I think Ulf is fast becoming my favorite character in this story. I've always had a soft spot for tough, grumpy types who are also protective -- not to mention he gives plenty of smart advice!

Lovely moodboards as always! I think Topaz's is my favorite. I love that picture of the gent's clothes on the right. I wish I had that outfit. xDD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
ulf. you're a good lad.
ulf. you're a good lad.
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
@Disillusionist

Ulf is definitely shifting from my original character plan for him, but I think it's really working!

Thank you! It was a lot of fun to pull them all together!

@FallenEclipse

A good lad indeed!
@Disillusionist

Ulf is definitely shifting from my original character plan for him, but I think it's really working!

Thank you! It was a lot of fun to pull them all together!

@FallenEclipse

A good lad indeed!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 141 142