Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 141 142
@Petall (reads: [i]Larkin had a son.[/i]) *checks little dude's bio right away* o__O Omggg, they stole one of Yuu's and Yarrow's kids! And ohhh dear, that Tundra memory thing. I could almost feel Ulf's sense of doom at this point, because gosh, that might be messy later on. Frankly, I was also afraid you were going to lose someone there for a while, especially given that none of the main characters are more than Level 3 atm. Aside from that, congrats on moving to Shadow! I hope you have a lovely time there! [emoji=shadow rune size=1]
@Petall (reads: Larkin had a son.)

*checks little dude's bio right away* o__O Omggg, they stole one of Yuu's and Yarrow's kids! And ohhh dear, that Tundra memory thing. I could almost feel Ulf's sense of doom at this point, because gosh, that might be messy later on.

Frankly, I was also afraid you were going to lose someone there for a while, especially given that none of the main characters are more than Level 3 atm. Aside from that, congrats on moving to Shadow! I hope you have a lovely time there!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Skystrider

Thank you, I thought it would make for some interesting dynamics!

@Disillusionist

They sure did! What better way to finish off an alphabet legacy challenge then plunking one of the kids into a Pinkerlocke?

I was worried too, but thankfully they all made it out alright!

Thank you! It's strange to see my lair with a different header image, but I'm pretty excited!
@Skystrider

Thank you, I thought it would make for some interesting dynamics!

@Disillusionist

They sure did! What better way to finish off an alphabet legacy challenge then plunking one of the kids into a Pinkerlocke?

I was worried too, but thankfully they all made it out alright!

Thank you! It's strange to see my lair with a different header image, but I'm pretty excited!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I keep telling myself I shouldn't get too attached but I love Ulf so much... and I have the sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna adore that baby too...
I keep telling myself I shouldn't get too attached but I love Ulf so much... and I have the sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna adore that baby too...
DvGGTFg.png
Everything is what I'm confused about
Everything is what I'm confused about
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/6#post_39395195]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 5: Clan Map[/u][/b] [item=intact stone relief] Sentence: Art[/center] ----- Okay, so, originally I was planning on writing an actual chapter today (after all, I still have the carry over that didn't fit in yesterday's chapter) but today has turned out to be an insanely busy day and I'm left feeling pretty drained. I also have most of my creative energy taken up by the Monster of the Week (a tabletop rpg similar to dnd but simpler and with monster hunters instead of high fantasy) campaign some friends and I started last night. I've spent most of my thinking time delving into my player character so I have a better grasp of her for tomorrow night's session and didn't spend so much time on planning today's chapter. Tomorrow, I promise there will be a proper chapter, but today I'm going to instead use my art pull to share with you all the beautiful clan map CleverDual made me for my birthday last month. As The Clan of Resting Wings was originally hers, this is a really helpful tool to help with continuity in the new clan! [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/54c3e4ece4c1a80374d349157a51e50c/tumblr_pt824fTteM1sdfv8y_540.jpg[/img][/center] I know the picture isn't clear enough to see the actual writing, but the general gist of it is: [LIST] [*]The center is the palace [*]The top righthand corner is the old market district, where all the shops and businesses were run. It also contains a large ampitheatre, big enough for the entire original clan to view! [*]The top lefthand corner was the knowledge district, which includes the library and the healing center and an observatory [*]The large section at the bottom is the living district, where houses of all shapes and sizes stretch out to accommodate the non-royal members of the clan. [*]The secluded area, cut off by thick brambles, is the magic district. We'll explore that more in the Pinkerlocke [*]The section wedged between the Magic and Market districts is the Black Market. We will also likely explore this more later. [/LIST] Of course, between the curse and the damage of the rebellion that destroyed it, different parts of the clan are in various stages of disarray and ruin. Some parts are almost perfectly intact, while others are turned to complete ash and rubble. I imagine there will be more secrets to unlock as this Pinkerlocke progresses and I establish my own spaces, either dragon built or caused by the ruin. Exploration is not going to all take place right away, there will be lots of mysteries to uncover, particularly when it comes to the righthand side of the map. Also, the map was designed so that as I write and develop this clan and characters more, I can be marking up this map to reflect where dragons settle and what locations become significant. I may or may not be posting updated versions when needed (closer up so you all can see details). This is also canonically the exact same map Topaz has, just on parchment instead of white posterboard. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/7#post_39425780]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider [/center] -----

Day 5: Clan Map
Intact Stone Relief
Sentence: Art

Okay, so, originally I was planning on writing an actual chapter today (after all, I still have the carry over that didn't fit in yesterday's chapter) but today has turned out to be an insanely busy day and I'm left feeling pretty drained. I also have most of my creative energy taken up by the Monster of the Week (a tabletop rpg similar to dnd but simpler and with monster hunters instead of high fantasy) campaign some friends and I started last night. I've spent most of my thinking time delving into my player character so I have a better grasp of her for tomorrow night's session and didn't spend so much time on planning today's chapter.

Tomorrow, I promise there will be a proper chapter, but today I'm going to instead use my art pull to share with you all the beautiful clan map CleverDual made me for my birthday last month. As The Clan of Resting Wings was originally hers, this is a really helpful tool to help with continuity in the new clan!
tumblr_pt824fTteM1sdfv8y_540.jpg

I know the picture isn't clear enough to see the actual writing, but the general gist of it is:
  • The center is the palace
  • The top righthand corner is the old market district, where all the shops and businesses were run. It also contains a large ampitheatre, big enough for the entire original clan to view!
  • The top lefthand corner was the knowledge district, which includes the library and the healing center and an observatory
  • The large section at the bottom is the living district, where houses of all shapes and sizes stretch out to accommodate the non-royal members of the clan.
  • The secluded area, cut off by thick brambles, is the magic district. We'll explore that more in the Pinkerlocke
  • The section wedged between the Magic and Market districts is the Black Market. We will also likely explore this more later.

Of course, between the curse and the damage of the rebellion that destroyed it, different parts of the clan are in various stages of disarray and ruin. Some parts are almost perfectly intact, while others are turned to complete ash and rubble. I imagine there will be more secrets to unlock as this Pinkerlocke progresses and I establish my own spaces, either dragon built or caused by the ruin. Exploration is not going to all take place right away, there will be lots of mysteries to uncover, particularly when it comes to the righthand side of the map.

Also, the map was designed so that as I write and develop this clan and characters more, I can be marking up this map to reflect where dragons settle and what locations become significant. I may or may not be posting updated versions when needed (closer up so you all can see details).

This is also canonically the exact same map Topaz has, just on parchment instead of white posterboard.

b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Willnotgogently

Hehehe I know the feeling well...

@MisterMylez

Oh boy, there's a lot to explain. Do you maybe want to PM me about where you would like me to start, maybe with some guiding questions so I know what it is you're curious about? Otherwise it will take up a lot of space on the thread explaining. I'm happy explain, but I also need to know where you would like me to start because I a) have a lot of information and b) have a tendency to ramble and I want to be sure I'm hitting the stuff that you need to hear most rather than overwhelming you with unimportant (but interesting!) details.
@Willnotgogently

Hehehe I know the feeling well...

@MisterMylez

Oh boy, there's a lot to explain. Do you maybe want to PM me about where you would like me to start, maybe with some guiding questions so I know what it is you're curious about? Otherwise it will take up a lot of space on the thread explaining. I'm happy explain, but I also need to know where you would like me to start because I a) have a lot of information and b) have a tendency to ramble and I want to be sure I'm hitting the stuff that you need to hear most rather than overwhelming you with unimportant (but interesting!) details.
@Petall That's a very well done map, good job to your friend!! I'm eager to see what the black market and magic district have in store!
@Petall That's a very well done map, good job to your friend!! I'm eager to see what the black market and magic district have in store!
he/him fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png FR+2
@Skystrider

I'm eager to get to them too! I don't know yet exactly how they're going to play into everything, but I do know that there are lots of cool possibilities and concepts to explore!!!
@Skystrider

I'm eager to get to them too! I don't know yet exactly how they're going to play into everything, but I do know that there are lots of cool possibilities and concepts to explore!!!
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/7#post_39419881]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 6: A Royal Lineage[/u][/b] [item=Simple Iron Necklace][item=Cat's wing fans] Sentence: Breed/Scroll a Dragon (x2)[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51366343] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366343&skin=0&apparel=18782,2125,29290&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52717225] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=101&bodygene=20&breed=12&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=123&tertgene=5&winggene=21&wings=149&auth=68945d91d144ae8b6a3a68d7b972bf184f2160d8&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] It had been a few days since everyone had arrived at the ruins. Topaz had shown Larkin around what he could access in the palace. Part of it was inaccessible due to being fully burned away, while there was a whole wing that left one feeling awful if they spent too much time in its walls. Actually, since arriving, everyone had felt sick to some degree, but it seemed to worsen the closer one got to a particular tower spire. The fire had made sections of the throne room, which sat on the top floor of the palace overlooking the city beyond, rather precarious, but it was Topaz's favourite room. This was where he belonged, as the new king of the clan. Of course, as king of the clan, he would need a few more subjects to rule over, but he was sure that would come with time. The best part about arriving, however, was how Larkin hadn't left his side. Now that Zunde had hatched, she seemed to have forgotten why she was angry at him. Of course, as tundra memories held onto feelings more than actual moments, she still didn't seem to entirely trust him, but her relief at finding him safe and sound seemed to override her past anger. Instead, her anger had been directed at Ulf for his attempts to take away her child. Larkin and Zunde were currently curled in the throne room. The tundra was playing peek-a-boo with her son, lit by the lantern they had brought over from Windkeep Tower. As Topaz stepped towards them, he felt a warmth rise within him, like the warm glow of the flickering flame. He felt rejuvenated. "Hey," Topaz said softly. Larkin lifted her head and glared up at him, but her gaze softened. She moved over on the blanket she had been sitting on to make room for her friend. "How goes the scouting?" Larkin asked, as Zunde curled between her front paws and started chewing on her leg. Through Larkin's thick fur, she didn't seem to feel it. "It's alright," Topaz lied. He still hadn't been able to brings himself to leave the palace. It was frustrating having parts of his home cut off to him, and he was trying to make the place as livable as possible. It was not an easy task. "You're very brave for doing all this, you know," Larkin commented. "You're going to make a great king." "You really think so?" Topaz's chest swelled with pride. Of course he was going to be a great king! He would forever be remembered as the king who rose from the ashes to return the kingdom to its former glory! He would go down in history, as the start of something great. He was glad Larkin could see that in him. "Of course I do, you've always been bold, and ready to do what needs to be done," Larkin agreed, leaning her head into Topaz's shoulder. Topaz felt a jolt of something in his gut as Larkin made contact with him. Something was stirring within him. He turned to look at her, trying not to be overwhelmed by the intensity of everything he was feeling. "I'll protect you both, from whatever this kingdom has to throw at us," Topaz vowed. "And I'll protect you," Larkin vowed in return. She was looking up at him, her ice-blue eyes the warmest he had ever seen them. All of a sudden, he was imagining a future together, ruling with Larkin at his side as his queen. He imagined the children that they would have, a royal lineage stretching on generations. They would be unstoppable. Suddenly, there was a burst of light, emanating from the small beacon flame. Wind suddenly filled the room, emanating some sort of magical energy. In his emotion, Topaz had released his elemental energy without realizing it. It swirled around the circular space, but Topaz didn't stop to watch. He only had eyes for Larkin. Larkin too did not break his gaze. The wind was ruffling through her fur, and she seemed to be seeping her own elemental magic. The calm vortex around them tightened, growing smaller and smaller until it surrounded only the couple. Then, as soon as it began, it had finished. Between the two dragons sat three eggs, glowing faintly. Larkin's eyes widened as she looked at them, then she looked at Topaz. "Did we-?" Larkin breathed "Are those-?" "Yes," Topaz confirmed, feeling a deep sense of joy. It looked as though he was going to have an heir sooner than he thought. "No, I'm not ready for this," Larkin shook her head, eyes wild with panic. Without looking at Topaz or the eggs, she scooped up Zunde and ran out of the room, leaving the lantern behind her. Topaz watched her go, feeling his hopes and dreams shatter. Everything was far from perfect. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/8#post_39450880]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider[/center] ----- So Larkin and Topaz actually went on a nest on Saturday, as a delayed reaction to the last apparel pull. Normally, I would have been able to put them on right away because they were RTB, but I had to wait until I moved to Shadow. I can't believe both CleverDual and I got an apparel pull today! For today's apparel pull, I'm going to be adopting a pair of siblings from one of her nests! Because I have no other breedable pairs, I can start on my other apparel rule of taking in hatchlings from reader's clans! The new siblings should be arriving later when CleverDual's nest hatches! I'm so excited for this rule and the possibilities I'm going to get to explore with it!

Day 6: A Royal Lineage
Simple Iron Necklace Cat's Wing Fans
Sentence: Breed/Scroll a Dragon (x2)

It had been a few days since everyone had arrived at the ruins. Topaz had shown Larkin around what he could access in the palace. Part of it was inaccessible due to being fully burned away, while there was a whole wing that left one feeling awful if they spent too much time in its walls. Actually, since arriving, everyone had felt sick to some degree, but it seemed to worsen the closer one got to a particular tower spire.

The fire had made sections of the throne room, which sat on the top floor of the palace overlooking the city beyond, rather precarious, but it was Topaz's favourite room. This was where he belonged, as the new king of the clan.

Of course, as king of the clan, he would need a few more subjects to rule over, but he was sure that would come with time.

The best part about arriving, however, was how Larkin hadn't left his side. Now that Zunde had hatched, she seemed to have forgotten why she was angry at him. Of course, as tundra memories held onto feelings more than actual moments, she still didn't seem to entirely trust him, but her relief at finding him safe and sound seemed to override her past anger. Instead, her anger had been directed at Ulf for his attempts to take away her child.

Larkin and Zunde were currently curled in the throne room. The tundra was playing peek-a-boo with her son, lit by the lantern they had brought over from Windkeep Tower. As Topaz stepped towards them, he felt a warmth rise within him, like the warm glow of the flickering flame. He felt rejuvenated.

"Hey," Topaz said softly. Larkin lifted her head and glared up at him, but her gaze softened. She moved over on the blanket she had been sitting on to make room for her friend.

"How goes the scouting?" Larkin asked, as Zunde curled between her front paws and started chewing on her leg. Through Larkin's thick fur, she didn't seem to feel it.

"It's alright," Topaz lied. He still hadn't been able to brings himself to leave the palace. It was frustrating having parts of his home cut off to him, and he was trying to make the place as livable as possible. It was not an easy task.

"You're very brave for doing all this, you know," Larkin commented. "You're going to make a great king."

"You really think so?" Topaz's chest swelled with pride. Of course he was going to be a great king! He would forever be remembered as the king who rose from the ashes to return the kingdom to its former glory! He would go down in history, as the start of something great. He was glad Larkin could see that in him.

"Of course I do, you've always been bold, and ready to do what needs to be done," Larkin agreed, leaning her head into Topaz's shoulder.

Topaz felt a jolt of something in his gut as Larkin made contact with him. Something was stirring within him. He turned to look at her, trying not to be overwhelmed by the intensity of everything he was feeling.

"I'll protect you both, from whatever this kingdom has to throw at us," Topaz vowed.

"And I'll protect you," Larkin vowed in return. She was looking up at him, her ice-blue eyes the warmest he had ever seen them. All of a sudden, he was imagining a future together, ruling with Larkin at his side as his queen. He imagined the children that they would have, a royal lineage stretching on generations. They would be unstoppable.

Suddenly, there was a burst of light, emanating from the small beacon flame. Wind suddenly filled the room, emanating some sort of magical energy. In his emotion, Topaz had released his elemental energy without realizing it. It swirled around the circular space, but Topaz didn't stop to watch. He only had eyes for Larkin.

Larkin too did not break his gaze. The wind was ruffling through her fur, and she seemed to be seeping her own elemental magic. The calm vortex around them tightened, growing smaller and smaller until it surrounded only the couple. Then, as soon as it began, it had finished.

Between the two dragons sat three eggs, glowing faintly. Larkin's eyes widened as she looked at them, then she looked at Topaz.

"Did we-?" Larkin breathed "Are those-?"

"Yes," Topaz confirmed, feeling a deep sense of joy. It looked as though he was going to have an heir sooner than he thought.

"No, I'm not ready for this," Larkin shook her head, eyes wild with panic. Without looking at Topaz or the eggs, she scooped up Zunde and ran out of the room, leaving the lantern behind her. Topaz watched her go, feeling his hopes and dreams shatter.

Everything was far from perfect.

So Larkin and Topaz actually went on a nest on Saturday, as a delayed reaction to the last apparel pull. Normally, I would have been able to put them on right away because they were RTB, but I had to wait until I moved to Shadow.

I can't believe both CleverDual and I got an apparel pull today! For today's apparel pull, I'm going to be adopting a pair of siblings from one of her nests! Because I have no other breedable pairs, I can start on my other apparel rule of taking in hatchlings from reader's clans! The new siblings should be arriving later when CleverDual's nest hatches! I'm so excited for this rule and the possibilities I'm going to get to explore with it!
@Petall oh my gosh you handled this so well!! I know we talked about how you were going to pull this off, and sis, you nailed it!! I’m in love with this chapter!! And all the stuff about the ruins. I know that’s gonna happen a lot, and my little fan girl heart is going to die every time. And I’m so glad you like the map - it took forever but was totally worth it to give you a good birthday present. :P

Edit: also - did they just make a nest in front of a child? I know it’s unintentional elemental magic, but....hmmmm....

AND SO MANY NEW BABIES AHHHHHHHHHH I CANT WAIT FOR T&T TO HATCH THEIR NEST CUZ THEM BABIES ARE GONNA BE BEAUTIFUL!!
@Petall oh my gosh you handled this so well!! I know we talked about how you were going to pull this off, and sis, you nailed it!! I’m in love with this chapter!! And all the stuff about the ruins. I know that’s gonna happen a lot, and my little fan girl heart is going to die every time. And I’m so glad you like the map - it took forever but was totally worth it to give you a good birthday present. :P

Edit: also - did they just make a nest in front of a child? I know it’s unintentional elemental magic, but....hmmmm....

AND SO MANY NEW BABIES AHHHHHHHHHH I CANT WAIT FOR T&T TO HATCH THEIR NEST CUZ THEM BABIES ARE GONNA BE BEAUTIFUL!!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 141 142