Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Assimilation: 100 Hatchling Challenge
1 2 3 4 5 6
And with 5 slots taken, the waitlist is currently full! Thank you to everyone who’s shown interest and helped out so far!!
And with 5 slots taken, the waitlist is currently full! Thank you to everyone who’s shown interest and helped out so far!!
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
@AstralDragons May I be added to the pinglist?
@AstralDragons May I be added to the pinglist?
mQLcOcR.png
Nugget ~ Any pronouns (she/her generally preferred)
@AstralDragons Oh cool! that sounds like a well reasoned argument. Looking forward to lore kids!

I'm probably going to keep Doson and Viper so feel free to request them when you need them.

(wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen quickly though it's more fair to allow other people a chance to offer).
@AstralDragons Oh cool! that sounds like a well reasoned argument. Looking forward to lore kids!

I'm probably going to keep Doson and Viper so feel free to request them when you need them.

(wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen quickly though it's more fair to allow other people a chance to offer).
@BlueIsBest added!
@BlueIsBest added!
@Rosesinger @companionwolf @Dragonaxew @VeniVidiVici @Pufferheart @LittleMoons @RedSiren @TheDeinoNychus @sirspiderider @softlysnails @bfkitsune @LilyDragonQueen @Sadiegreen @Hawlucha @BlueIsBest [size=4][b]Assimilation #1 (2 hatchlings)[/b][/size] Sulor is many things, according to the local populace. A hag, a clanless and lawless beast, a mutated freak among a mutated breed… she thought she’d heard it all by now. Among those things, she’d never expected the title of ‘mother’ to pop up, but here she was. An unwilling one, but definitely a… mother. Of sorts. Sulor had been out hunting in the woods when… [i]it[/i] had struck. A small, dragon-like creature, one that glistened like a darkling beetle, had caught her off-guard, and. It was still all a blur, even now, but the thing had… had [i]puked[/i]. A sickeningly-sweet fluid had drizzled down her throat before she could process what had happened. And before she could fight back, after processing at least most of the prior events, she’d dropped like a stone. The creature had worked around her in that time. It dug into the ground around her with ceaseless energy, forming a crater-- gods, no, a [i]nest[/i] of some sort, solidified by the blue fluid the creature gushed from its mouth like a fountain-- the very same fluid that had left Sulor paralyzed and forced to watch the creature at work for days on end before it would re-administer its dose down the Bogsneak’s throat. She hadn’t gotten hungry in the entire duration of those days, or even as the days turned into a week, and more. With nobody searching for her, she had little hope of escape… but she had felt [i]something[/i] in her abdomen. A growing weight, with each time the creature had spewed the overripe, syrupy liquid down her throat. At first, she thought it had just been her imagination-- a result of being trapped in this endless, maddening cycle-- but… just her luck, it hadn’t just been a hallucination. Weeks had passed, she was almost certain-- the sun had risen and fallen countless times by now, and that weight inside of her had gotten heavier and heavier. The creature had eventually finished its ‘nest’-- the entire thing carried an overpowering stench, but Sulor’s senses had eventually dulled to it. It was her entire world now-- the light filtering grimly through the trees, the creature’s blank stare, the stench of the nest, and the numb feeling of her body contacting the ground below. Endless. Endless, all of it, until she had thought that this was her own personal corner of the underworld, and until she had seen what it was all leading up towards. It had been the middle of the night, some small strands of moonlight twining through the treetops and barely reaching the ground, when it had finally happened. The creature that had been sitting still right in front of her face for the past few days had finally stirred, its stomach frill fanning out and folding back up in a repetitive motion. The weight in her stomach had grown sheerly oppressive by that point-- she would’ve cried out in pain if she’d been able. Instead, she’d been forced to watch the creature’s displays, as she had been for weeks. The weight grew, shifting-- it began to [i]hurt[/i] but she couldn’t move, couldn’t scream, had no one to cry to for help. The eggs had come out fairly easily, she thinks, but she also doubts that she had been entirely lucid for any of the process. She hadn’t been able to feel them, but she had [i]known[/i] they were eggs as soon as they had left her body, and she had recognized the cracking of eggshells almost as soon as the eggs had been laid. The creature had gone outside of her field of vision for a long while. The crackling noises had stopped, but the Nocturne-like beast had still taken its sweet time in coming back to where Sulor had been able to see it-- and this time, it had been carrying two very still forms. Dead, she’d thought at first-- but no, she had seen a blink or two out of them. Two little hatchlings. [i]Her[/i] hatchlings. A Nocturne like the creature, but with a glowing-green stomach similar to her own. The green fluid dripped almost continuously from its mouth, and everywhere it dripped, the ground sizzled as if recoiling from the vile liquid. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=137&bodygene=20&breed=11&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=39&tertgene=18&winggene=20&wings=13&auth=5782c6df2cbd749538c257fd5f9517f290966a61&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] And yet, somehow, that one wasn’t the worst of the two. No, the worst had been… the Bogsneak. Like her. The way it blinked, the way it had [i]stared[/i] with those insectoid eyes, so much worse than the creature it had come from… the thing was slick and full of the sickly-sweet, blue fluid and [i]monstrous[/i]. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=26&bodygene=17&breed=14&element=5&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=18&winggene=20&wings=90&auth=fdb86970057d3b0815a3e308512322a14c0c2fcf&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] It somehow lacked more soul than the empty creature that had chosen her as its unlucky victim. And just like that, the creature had left, along with the two monsters that had come from herself. Without anymore of the fluid, she had eventually regained movement in her claws, down to her arms and legs-- though the membranes of her wings had stayed numb long after. The blackened eggshells and the nest were the only things convincing her that the entire thing hadn’t just been a feverish nightmare, or even a thing of the afterlife. And as soon as she’d rid the world of both, the “hag of the woods” had vanished-- chased away by the memory of monsters the local clans could never even imagine in comparison to herself. ----- Honestly I am. Not [i]terribly[/i] pleased with the writing of this update because I haven't slept in somewhere around 26 hours, but here it is! I needed to get it done or it would never happen. So we have our first victim, @softlysnails' Sulor! What a glorious lady, and a very unfortunate one at that. Her lore was pretty basic because I didn't have anything to go off of, aside from the encyclopedia's general Bogsneak lore. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50939237] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/509393/50939237_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Also WOW. These first two hatchlings are gorgeous?? The first is an acid-spitter and the second... holy hell. That facet, that slick look... fantastic. Utterly fantastic. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52966911] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/529670/52966911_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] First baby here will be up for grabs! And the second: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52966913] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/529670/52966913_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] He's been claimed by Sulor's owner aka my lovely wife! Providers of victims, aka mates, get dibs on the nests hatched from their dragon and my own Assimilator. And the next victim will be: @Sadiegreen's Quarts! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46780323] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/467804/46780323_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]The Assimilator will strike again on [i]July 18th, 2019[/i]-- in 11 days.[/b]
@Rosesinger @companionwolf @Dragonaxew @VeniVidiVici @Pufferheart @LittleMoons @RedSiren @TheDeinoNychus @sirspiderider @softlysnails @bfkitsune @LilyDragonQueen @Sadiegreen @Hawlucha @BlueIsBest

Assimilation #1 (2 hatchlings)

Sulor is many things, according to the local populace.

A hag, a clanless and lawless beast, a mutated freak among a mutated breed… she thought she’d heard it all by now.

Among those things, she’d never expected the title of ‘mother’ to pop up, but here she was. An unwilling one, but definitely a… mother. Of sorts.

Sulor had been out hunting in the woods when… it had struck. A small, dragon-like creature, one that glistened like a darkling beetle, had caught her off-guard, and.
It was still all a blur, even now, but the thing had… had puked. A sickeningly-sweet fluid had drizzled down her throat before she could process what had happened. And before she could fight back, after processing at least most of the prior events, she’d dropped like a stone.

The creature had worked around her in that time. It dug into the ground around her with ceaseless energy, forming a crater-- gods, no, a nest of some sort, solidified by the blue fluid the creature gushed from its mouth like a fountain-- the very same fluid that had left Sulor paralyzed and forced to watch the creature at work for days on end before it would re-administer its dose down the Bogsneak’s throat.

She hadn’t gotten hungry in the entire duration of those days, or even as the days turned into a week, and more. With nobody searching for her, she had little hope of escape… but she had felt something in her abdomen. A growing weight, with each time the creature had spewed the overripe, syrupy liquid down her throat. At first, she thought it had just been her imagination-- a result of being trapped in this endless, maddening cycle-- but… just her luck, it hadn’t just been a hallucination.

Weeks had passed, she was almost certain-- the sun had risen and fallen countless times by now, and that weight inside of her had gotten heavier and heavier. The creature had eventually finished its ‘nest’-- the entire thing carried an overpowering stench, but Sulor’s senses had eventually dulled to it. It was her entire world now-- the light filtering grimly through the trees, the creature’s blank stare, the stench of the nest, and the numb feeling of her body contacting the ground below.

Endless. Endless, all of it, until she had thought that this was her own personal corner of the underworld, and until she had seen what it was all leading up towards.

It had been the middle of the night, some small strands of moonlight twining through the treetops and barely reaching the ground, when it had finally happened. The creature that had been sitting still right in front of her face for the past few days had finally stirred, its stomach frill fanning out and folding back up in a repetitive motion. The weight in her stomach had grown sheerly oppressive by that point-- she would’ve cried out in pain if she’d been able.

Instead, she’d been forced to watch the creature’s displays, as she had been for weeks. The weight grew, shifting-- it began to hurt but she couldn’t move, couldn’t scream, had no one to cry to for help.

The eggs had come out fairly easily, she thinks, but she also doubts that she had been entirely lucid for any of the process. She hadn’t been able to feel them, but she had known they were eggs as soon as they had left her body, and she had recognized the cracking of eggshells almost as soon as the eggs had been laid.

The creature had gone outside of her field of vision for a long while. The crackling noises had stopped, but the Nocturne-like beast had still taken its sweet time in coming back to where Sulor had been able to see it-- and this time, it had been carrying two very still forms.

Dead, she’d thought at first-- but no, she had seen a blink or two out of them.

Two little hatchlings.
Her hatchlings.

A Nocturne like the creature, but with a glowing-green stomach similar to her own. The green fluid dripped almost continuously from its mouth, and everywhere it dripped, the ground sizzled as if recoiling from the vile liquid.
dragon?age=0&body=137&bodygene=20&breed=11&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=39&tertgene=18&winggene=20&wings=13&auth=5782c6df2cbd749538c257fd5f9517f290966a61&dummyext=prev.png

And yet, somehow, that one wasn’t the worst of the two.

No, the worst had been… the Bogsneak. Like her.
The way it blinked, the way it had stared with those insectoid eyes, so much worse than the creature it had come from… the thing was slick and full of the sickly-sweet, blue fluid and monstrous.
dragon?age=0&body=26&bodygene=17&breed=14&element=5&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=18&winggene=20&wings=90&auth=fdb86970057d3b0815a3e308512322a14c0c2fcf&dummyext=prev.png

It somehow lacked more soul than the empty creature that had chosen her as its unlucky victim.

And just like that, the creature had left, along with the two monsters that had come from herself.
Without anymore of the fluid, she had eventually regained movement in her claws, down to her arms and legs-- though the membranes of her wings had stayed numb long after.

The blackened eggshells and the nest were the only things convincing her that the entire thing hadn’t just been a feverish nightmare, or even a thing of the afterlife.

And as soon as she’d rid the world of both, the “hag of the woods” had vanished-- chased away by the memory of monsters the local clans could never even imagine in comparison to herself.

Honestly I am. Not terribly pleased with the writing of this update because I haven't slept in somewhere around 26 hours, but here it is! I needed to get it done or it would never happen.

So we have our first victim, @softlysnails' Sulor! What a glorious lady, and a very unfortunate one at that. Her lore was pretty basic because I didn't have anything to go off of, aside from the encyclopedia's general Bogsneak lore.

Also WOW. These first two hatchlings are gorgeous?? The first is an acid-spitter and the second... holy hell. That facet, that slick look... fantastic. Utterly fantastic.

First baby here will be up for grabs!

And the second:

He's been claimed by Sulor's owner aka my lovely wife! Providers of victims, aka mates, get dibs on the nests hatched from their dragon and my own Assimilator.

And the next victim will be:

@Sadiegreen's Quarts!

The Assimilator will strike again on July 18th, 2019-- in 11 days.
Ooo wow that bog is great
Ooo wow that bog is great
Fx1KKco.gif ..
KdK3h1K.pngaL21n5x.pngFRFriVl.pngI1EqHDk.png
1cEqTuQ.png
TOXzYZS.png ..
Z4LTFKp.png
@AstralDragons I'd like to claim the last victim slot~ She doesnt like being a victim very much, but shes definitely ready for hatchlings. Its been so long for her <3 Heres Despair, hoping for the 5th slot <3 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22728386] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/227284/22728386_350.png[/img] [/url]
@AstralDragons I'd like to claim the last victim slot~ She doesnt like being a victim very much, but shes definitely ready for hatchlings. Its been so long for her <3 Heres Despair, hoping for the 5th slot <3

22728386_350.png
@Dragonaxew added Despair to the last slot! Poor gal doesn't know what she's in for.
@Dragonaxew added Despair to the last slot! Poor gal doesn't know what she's in for.
@AstralDragons thank ya! Im sure she'll be m a d once she figures it out lol.
@AstralDragons thank ya! Im sure she'll be m a d once she figures it out lol.
@AstralDragons Omg I'm so sorry that Blair only gave you one...
@AstralDragons Omg I'm so sorry that Blair only gave you one...
Fx1KKco.gif ..
KdK3h1K.pngaL21n5x.pngFRFriVl.pngI1EqHDk.png
1cEqTuQ.png
TOXzYZS.png ..
Z4LTFKp.png
1 2 3 4 5 6