Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 88 89
[b][i]Day One Hundred Fifty Six:[/i][/b] [center]Coli tiiiime. [item=nightwing bat] Sonance, Reverie, and Meirwen. Got a Phytocat familiar, but can't give it to anyone 'cause Sonance already has one. Guess I'll keep it on standby. [item=featherhide locust] Sonance, Tremayne, and Reverie (seriously, RNG?). Sonance and Reverie both managed to faint in the coli during these fights, and were both saved by their familiars. But JOKES ON RNG, because I just gave the [i]other[/i] Phytocat back to Sonance (shhh. it's totally legit). [item=blue swimmer crab] Tundra, Einar, and Meirwen. Got some levels on the TunnotTun (finally). They came out with a Sakura Owl... hm. Gives me an idea. Tundra reached level 5. Reverie is level 7. Meirwen is level 8. Sonance is level 9. ----- Backlog: [item=condor's breastplate] [item=canopic jar] [item= metal claws] [item=brilliant brass torc] [item=dire wooden toy] [item=rich nickel ore] [item=maroon neck wrap] [item=broken pottery piece] [item=andesine] [item=scholar] [item=shalebuck horn] [item=wolpertinger hoodie] [item=ambush] [item=ambush] [item=shimmering cloth] [item=scholar] [item=ambush] [size=2]... anyone notice anything about this lineup?[/size] ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3
Day One Hundred Fifty Six:
Coli tiiiime.
Nightwing Bat
Sonance, Reverie, and Meirwen.
Got a Phytocat familiar, but can't give it to anyone 'cause Sonance already has one. Guess I'll keep it on standby.
Featherhide Locust
Sonance, Tremayne, and Reverie (seriously, RNG?).
Sonance and Reverie both managed to faint in the coli during these fights, and were both saved by their familiars. But JOKES ON RNG, because I just gave the other Phytocat back to Sonance (shhh. it's totally legit).
Blue Swimmer Crab
Tundra, Einar, and Meirwen.
Got some levels on the TunnotTun (finally). They came out with a Sakura Owl... hm. Gives me an idea.

Tundra reached level 5.
Reverie is level 7.
Meirwen is level 8.
Sonance is level 9.
Backlog:
Condor's Breastplate Canopic Jar Metal Claws Brilliant Brass Torc Dire Wooden Toy Rich Nickel Ore Maroon Neck Wrap Broken Pottery Piece Andesine Scholar Shalebuck Horn Wolpertinger Hoodie Ambush Ambush Shimmering Cloth Scholar Ambush
... anyone notice anything about this lineup?
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3
[b][i]Day One Hundred Fifty Seven:[/i][/b] The Imperial had managed to wake up enough to consume a little food and water before falling right back asleep. Capricious checked her over while she slept, but she didn’t seem to be injured. There were small scratches here and there, but they were already fading. She did appear malnourished, however, as did her quillrunner; from what the Fae could tell, it may have been a week or more since either had a good meal. “So where do you think she came from?” Reverie asked curiously, having come up to his mother with a fresh bowl of water. He and Hope had been helping her tend to the newcomer, though Hope was spending most of her time trying to cajole the quillrunner into letting them feed and pet it. “Do you think we’re near any other clans?” “I’m not sure,” Capricious admitted, gently wiping down the area around any scratches she’d found. Even though none seemed to be infected, she wanted to be sure they were clean. “What kind of dragon is she again? She won’t eat us, will she? She could probably even swallow Alkaios whole.” “She’s not going to eat any of us, Rev. She’s an Imperial, not a monster.” “Oh, ok.” He still continued to eye the sleeping dragon’s jaws rather warily. To be fair, any one of her teeth was at least the size of his forearm, but the Imperial was still not much larger than their own Bladebeak. He would see that in time. Right now, she had something else on her mind. “Reverie, here; take these and go around her and clean up any cuts or scrapes you find,” she said, handing the cloth and water back to her son. He groaned and opened his mouth to protest, but she cut him off with, “You told me you wanted to be a great mage. This is part of you training. Now go on.” He sighed but didn’t protest, taking the items and continuing her work down the Imperial’s side. Once he got into a rhythm, she fluttered off to take a glance around the rest of the camp, looking for a particular Mirror. She found Ehsan curled around her saddlebags, staring fixatedly at three figures training in a nearby clearing; Alkaios, Tundra, and Einar. Her expression was unreadable, but the quivering and twitching of her crests told the Fae of her inner struggle. The sound of her wings seemed to draw her attention and she jerked to look at her, but relaxed again as Capricious settled down beside her. “Hello, Ehsan,” the Fae said in as warm a way as she could muster. Ehsan’s echo of the greeting was barely audible. “How are you doing today?...” Ehsan’s fins would have drooped, but she made the effort to keep them upright. “I’m fine,” she lied; Capricious could tell her heart wasn’t in the words. The Mirror turned away, possibly so she couldn’t see the expression in the Fae’s fins. Instead, Capricious stepped forward to rest a claw on her shoulder, feeling her flinch at the touch. “No, you’re not fine,” she murmured. The Mirror wavered visibly and clenched her jaw, her whole body now quivering. She attempted to stay strong for only a moment, and then she let go, tears streaming down her face as she buried it in her claws. “I can’t believe he’s [i]gone[/i],” she sobbed quietly. Capricious brushed her wing along her back comfortingly. She knew who she meant. “Neither can I,” she said, continuing the soothing motion as Ehsan cried. “But not all is lost, Ehsan. You still have Alkaios.” Surprisingly, her hiccoughing subsided and she looked back up at the three dragons faux fighting nearby. “Why does he stay around [i]him[/i]?” she hissed with surprising vehemence. “Of [i]all [/i]dragons, why [i]him[/i]?” “I think it’s a good thing; Einar seems to be training him well, and he could use someone to look up to,” Capricious put in. In a way, she knew Ehsan wouldn’t react well to the statement and thus wasn’t surprised when the Mirror rounded on her. “But why [i]him[/i]?” she snapped, seething. Capricious let out a breath, wishing she had a more diplomatic response than the one she had, but perhaps it needed to be said after all. “Because he doesn’t have [i]you[/i].” Ehsan froze entirely at this, a violent play of emotions crossing her face. After a moment, she said weakly, “But I’m [i]right here[/i].” “No,” Capricious interjected, and the Mirror flinched as if she had physically struck her. “No, Ehsan. You’ve been so distant from [i]all [/i]of us. I understand that you have lost so much in just a short amount of time, but is your sorrow worth pushing us all away? Is it worth pushing your son away?” Ehsan struggled to answer, and Capricious quietly awaited her response. Before she had a chance, however, something moved in the saddlebag beside them. They both jumped, the Fae moving backward while the Mirror reached forward to throw her arms around the bag. “[i]No![/i]” she cried hysterically as light began pouring from the bag. “No, you can’t hatch now, you can’t-“ “[i]Hatch?![/i]” Capricious echoed, her fins waving as she also lunged forward. “Ehsan, open the bag! Now!” Thankfully she obeyed, throwing open the top flap of the saddlebag to reveal the shining white egg within. By now, they had the rest of the clan’s attention and Capricious could hear shouts of surprise as the contents of the bag burst forth in a flash of brilliant light that immediately faded. Once their eyes had adjusted, they could see the hatchling squirming inside the leathery folds. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=20&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=164&auth=3355fd379f64bdd4c8f68b2f96a195e6972d3278&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] “What is going on?” Einar asked as he approached with Tundra and Alkaios close behind. The others came to gather as well, and when Alkaios caught sight of the tiny Pearlcatcher, he gasped and came rushing forward. “Who is- wait, is this?- Do I have a sibling?!” He was practically wriggling with excitement and he was the one to reach forward and pick the little hatchling up in his arms, cooing at them quietly. “It’s a little girl,” Capricious said aloud to Ehsan, who had devolved back into sobbing. “But Ehsan, when did you and Amosis-“ “Mother! What are you going to name her?” Alkaios interrupted, too eager to wait. Ehsan only wailed in response and he flinched back in surprise. “I- I can’t- I’m sorry,” she choked out, curling in on herself. The others glanced around at each other uncertainly, murmuring amongst themselves. After a moment, though, Alkaios snapped his attention back to the hatchling to return to his coddling. “That’s ok, I’ll name her,” he said cheerily, taking hold of a large piece of shell that she was chewing on. “I think Adrasteia’s a good name for her, right? Now Adrasteia, don’t eat that-“ “No, let her eat it,” Ailana interjected. “Pearlcatcher hatchlings are supposed to eat their shell.” “What, really?” Alkaios said in surprise, instinctively letting go of the shard which was promptly cracked into smaller pieces and gobbled up by his sibling. “… Why?” “So they can-“ The Nocturne didn’t get the chance to finish as the hatchling convulsed and coughed up a tiny pearl, causing her brother to almost drop her. Unphased by the distress to the Mirror that she had caused, she began licking and twirling the pearl between her paws, coating not only her pearl but her belly and Alkaios’s forearms in black mucus. “Oh,” was Alkaios’s befuddled response. As the others leaned in for a closer look at the new Pearlcatcher that he was showing off, Capricious turned back to Ehsan. She had quieted, but she was still shaking with her sobs. Capricious went to her head, reaching out to stroke at her neck with a claw. “Ehsan, what’s wrong?” she asked quietly. “Come on, your daughter has just hatched! And she’s beautiful and healthy; that’s a good thing, Ehsan. Come and see her.” Ehsan continued to cry and managed to say, “I- I’m sorry, I just- she’s not-“ “Not… what?” Capricious inquired, not following. It was several seconds more before the Mirror responded in a low, grief-laden voice. “Amosis had the other egg.” ----- [item=rich nickel ore] Finally got Amosis and Ehsan on their final nest so I could send Amosis on. They had two hatchlings, a Mirror and a Pearlcatcher! The Mirror died, so he is up for grabs if anyone would like to claim him~ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55028225] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/550283/55028225_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Not gonna lie, I'm super happy the Pearl survived, but I missed having a Pearl in the party ;n;. Also whew, [i]d r a m a.[/i] ----- Backlog: [item=condor's breastplate] [item=canopic jar] [item= metal claws] [item=brilliant brass torc] [item=dire wooden toy] [item=broken pottery piece] [item=andesine] [item=scholar] [item=shalebuck horn] [item=wolpertinger hoodie] [item=ambush] [item=ambush] [item=shimmering cloth] [item=scholar] [item=ambush] [item=ambush] ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky @Snapshadow @Rhombulus @Kaivyrin
Day One Hundred Fifty Seven:

The Imperial had managed to wake up enough to consume a little food and water before falling right back asleep. Capricious checked her over while she slept, but she didn’t seem to be injured. There were small scratches here and there, but they were already fading. She did appear malnourished, however, as did her quillrunner; from what the Fae could tell, it may have been a week or more since either had a good meal.

“So where do you think she came from?” Reverie asked curiously, having come up to his mother with a fresh bowl of water. He and Hope had been helping her tend to the newcomer, though Hope was spending most of her time trying to cajole the quillrunner into letting them feed and pet it. “Do you think we’re near any other clans?”

“I’m not sure,” Capricious admitted, gently wiping down the area around any scratches she’d found. Even though none seemed to be infected, she wanted to be sure they were clean.

“What kind of dragon is she again? She won’t eat us, will she? She could probably even swallow Alkaios whole.”

“She’s not going to eat any of us, Rev. She’s an Imperial, not a monster.”

“Oh, ok.” He still continued to eye the sleeping dragon’s jaws rather warily. To be fair, any one of her teeth was at least the size of his forearm, but the Imperial was still not much larger than their own Bladebeak. He would see that in time. Right now, she had something else on her mind.

“Reverie, here; take these and go around her and clean up any cuts or scrapes you find,” she said, handing the cloth and water back to her son. He groaned and opened his mouth to protest, but she cut him off with, “You told me you wanted to be a great mage. This is part of you training. Now go on.”

He sighed but didn’t protest, taking the items and continuing her work down the Imperial’s side. Once he got into a rhythm, she fluttered off to take a glance around the rest of the camp, looking for a particular Mirror.

She found Ehsan curled around her saddlebags, staring fixatedly at three figures training in a nearby clearing; Alkaios, Tundra, and Einar. Her expression was unreadable, but the quivering and twitching of her crests told the Fae of her inner struggle. The sound of her wings seemed to draw her attention and she jerked to look at her, but relaxed again as Capricious settled down beside her.

“Hello, Ehsan,” the Fae said in as warm a way as she could muster. Ehsan’s echo of the greeting was barely audible. “How are you doing today?...”

Ehsan’s fins would have drooped, but she made the effort to keep them upright. “I’m fine,” she lied; Capricious could tell her heart wasn’t in the words. The Mirror turned away, possibly so she couldn’t see the expression in the Fae’s fins. Instead, Capricious stepped forward to rest a claw on her shoulder, feeling her flinch at the touch.

“No, you’re not fine,” she murmured. The Mirror wavered visibly and clenched her jaw, her whole body now quivering. She attempted to stay strong for only a moment, and then she let go, tears streaming down her face as she buried it in her claws.

“I can’t believe he’s gone,” she sobbed quietly. Capricious brushed her wing along her back comfortingly. She knew who she meant.

“Neither can I,” she said, continuing the soothing motion as Ehsan cried. “But not all is lost, Ehsan. You still have Alkaios.”

Surprisingly, her hiccoughing subsided and she looked back up at the three dragons faux fighting nearby.

“Why does he stay around him?” she hissed with surprising vehemence. “Of all dragons, why him?”

“I think it’s a good thing; Einar seems to be training him well, and he could use someone to look up to,” Capricious put in. In a way, she knew Ehsan wouldn’t react well to the statement and thus wasn’t surprised when the Mirror rounded on her.

“But why him?” she snapped, seething. Capricious let out a breath, wishing she had a more diplomatic response than the one she had, but perhaps it needed to be said after all.

“Because he doesn’t have you.”

Ehsan froze entirely at this, a violent play of emotions crossing her face. After a moment, she said weakly, “But I’m right here.”

“No,” Capricious interjected, and the Mirror flinched as if she had physically struck her. “No, Ehsan. You’ve been so distant from all of us. I understand that you have lost so much in just a short amount of time, but is your sorrow worth pushing us all away? Is it worth pushing your son away?”

Ehsan struggled to answer, and Capricious quietly awaited her response. Before she had a chance, however, something moved in the saddlebag beside them. They both jumped, the Fae moving backward while the Mirror reached forward to throw her arms around the bag.

No!” she cried hysterically as light began pouring from the bag. “No, you can’t hatch now, you can’t-“

Hatch?!” Capricious echoed, her fins waving as she also lunged forward. “Ehsan, open the bag! Now!”

Thankfully she obeyed, throwing open the top flap of the saddlebag to reveal the shining white egg within. By now, they had the rest of the clan’s attention and Capricious could hear shouts of surprise as the contents of the bag burst forth in a flash of brilliant light that immediately faded. Once their eyes had adjusted, they could see the hatchling squirming inside the leathery folds.
dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=20&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=164&auth=3355fd379f64bdd4c8f68b2f96a195e6972d3278&dummyext=prev.png
“What is going on?” Einar asked as he approached with Tundra and Alkaios close behind. The others came to gather as well, and when Alkaios caught sight of the tiny Pearlcatcher, he gasped and came rushing forward.

“Who is- wait, is this?- Do I have a sibling?!” He was practically wriggling with excitement and he was the one to reach forward and pick the little hatchling up in his arms, cooing at them quietly.

“It’s a little girl,” Capricious said aloud to Ehsan, who had devolved back into sobbing. “But Ehsan, when did you and Amosis-“

“Mother! What are you going to name her?” Alkaios interrupted, too eager to wait. Ehsan only wailed in response and he flinched back in surprise.

“I- I can’t- I’m sorry,” she choked out, curling in on herself. The others glanced around at each other uncertainly, murmuring amongst themselves. After a moment, though, Alkaios snapped his attention back to the hatchling to return to his coddling.

“That’s ok, I’ll name her,” he said cheerily, taking hold of a large piece of shell that she was chewing on. “I think Adrasteia’s a good name for her, right? Now Adrasteia, don’t eat that-“

“No, let her eat it,” Ailana interjected. “Pearlcatcher hatchlings are supposed to eat their shell.”

“What, really?” Alkaios said in surprise, instinctively letting go of the shard which was promptly cracked into smaller pieces and gobbled up by his sibling. “… Why?”

“So they can-“ The Nocturne didn’t get the chance to finish as the hatchling convulsed and coughed up a tiny pearl, causing her brother to almost drop her. Unphased by the distress to the Mirror that she had caused, she began licking and twirling the pearl between her paws, coating not only her pearl but her belly and Alkaios’s forearms in black mucus.

“Oh,” was Alkaios’s befuddled response. As the others leaned in for a closer look at the new Pearlcatcher that he was showing off, Capricious turned back to Ehsan. She had quieted, but she was still shaking with her sobs. Capricious went to her head, reaching out to stroke at her neck with a claw.

“Ehsan, what’s wrong?” she asked quietly. “Come on, your daughter has just hatched! And she’s beautiful and healthy; that’s a good thing, Ehsan. Come and see her.”

Ehsan continued to cry and managed to say, “I- I’m sorry, I just- she’s not-“

“Not… what?” Capricious inquired, not following. It was several seconds more before the Mirror responded in a low, grief-laden voice.

“Amosis had the other egg.”
Rich Nickel Ore
Finally got Amosis and Ehsan on their final nest so I could send Amosis on. They had two hatchlings, a Mirror and a Pearlcatcher! The Mirror died, so he is up for grabs if anyone would like to claim him~ Not gonna lie, I'm super happy the Pearl survived, but I missed having a Pearl in the party ;n;.
Also whew, d r a m a.
Backlog:
Condor's Breastplate Canopic Jar Metal Claws Brilliant Brass Torc Dire Wooden Toy Broken Pottery Piece Andesine Scholar Shalebuck Horn Wolpertinger Hoodie Ambush Ambush Shimmering Cloth Scholar Ambush Ambush
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky @Snapshadow @Rhombulus @Kaivyrin
Aaagh, I feel so bad for Ehsan. Everything is just crumbling around her... I'm so happy Capricous is there to talk to her, though. She needs comfort.

Oh my god Adrasteia is so cuteeeee~ So shiny!

I really like the reason you gave for the other egg being lost. It works perfectly, even though it's so sad and now I'm as and now we're all sad.;^;

I'd take the mirror, but I just solved a big food problem and getting more meat-eating dragons would be a bad idea for me. Plus, I need lair space. planning for a certain something :>
Aaagh, I feel so bad for Ehsan. Everything is just crumbling around her... I'm so happy Capricous is there to talk to her, though. She needs comfort.

Oh my god Adrasteia is so cuteeeee~ So shiny!

I really like the reason you gave for the other egg being lost. It works perfectly, even though it's so sad and now I'm as and now we're all sad.;^;

I'd take the mirror, but I just solved a big food problem and getting more meat-eating dragons would be a bad idea for me. Plus, I need lair space. planning for a certain something :>
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Ouch. I'm glad they only lost one, though, and the survivor is very cute! i'm a little worried about how ehsan is going to deal with a new hatchling.
Ouch. I'm glad they only lost one, though, and the survivor is very cute! i'm a little worried about how ehsan is going to deal with a new hatchling.

Black Hainu Collar » radio
» he - they
» fr +2 (cst)
» mirror rights
» zephon (wishlist)
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
@MisterMylez Yeah, poor Ehsan has become victim to "alternate ways that hatchlings may die in my 'locke". I just hope I have a chance to pull her through it before anything drastic happens ;n;.
And omg, when I got Adrasteia back, I was so hyped. Pink isn't even among my favorite colors, but she's gorgeous? Oh yes.

@RadioReprise I literally breathed a sigh of relief when I saw they only had two eggs (that was what I was hoping to set up the plot for anyhow). Ngl, I'm also worried for her.
@MisterMylez Yeah, poor Ehsan has become victim to "alternate ways that hatchlings may die in my 'locke". I just hope I have a chance to pull her through it before anything drastic happens ;n;.
And omg, when I got Adrasteia back, I was so hyped. Pink isn't even among my favorite colors, but she's gorgeous? Oh yes.

@RadioReprise I literally breathed a sigh of relief when I saw they only had two eggs (that was what I was hoping to set up the plot for anyhow). Ngl, I'm also worried for her.
I'm looking at the backlog and w o w that is a lot of battle stone draws
I'm looking at the backlog and w o w that is a lot of battle stone draws
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
@Eversnow Sh. I'm pretty sure they can smell fear.
I will say, though, that I think Pinkerton's very, very angry with me. He keeps giving them to me multiple days in a row, ffffffft-
@Eversnow Sh. I'm pretty sure they can smell fear.
I will say, though, that I think Pinkerton's very, very angry with me. He keeps giving them to me multiple days in a row, ffffffft-
At least you won't have to worry about outfitting your team with ambushes ;;

I think pink wants the OTP together again and pink will do anything to get what he wants, one way or another
At least you won't have to worry about outfitting your team with ambushes ;;

I think pink wants the OTP together again and pink will do anything to get what he wants, one way or another
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
Woah, Adrasteia is beautiful!! Its nice to have a Pearlcatcher in the story again!!

Aw poor Eshan, nothing seems to be going well for her at the moment
Woah, Adrasteia is beautiful!! Its nice to have a Pearlcatcher in the story again!!

Aw poor Eshan, nothing seems to be going well for her at the moment
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
oof ehsan
oof ehsan
flc0nOM.png
1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 88 89