Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 88 89
@Snapshadow ;w; Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed! And I'm so sorry asdfkadsf.

Got you added to the pinglist! Welcome aboard!

More replies will come later, but I gotta run adsjfhadsklf.
@Snapshadow ;w; Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed! And I'm so sorry asdfkadsf.

Got you added to the pinglist! Welcome aboard!

More replies will come later, but I gotta run adsjfhadsklf.
well

this was a rollercoaster

add me to the pinglist?
well

this was a rollercoaster

add me to the pinglist?
flc0nOM.png
holy crow i just read this whole thing and it’s been a rough past few days hasn’t it

can i be added to the pinglist?
holy crow i just read this whole thing and it’s been a rough past few days hasn’t it

can i be added to the pinglist?
an ossifrage; a large red-and-brown vulture in profile, standing and facing left kaivyrin or ossifrage
they/them | fr+3

skins | avatar
@Rhombulus Yes. Yes it is. Got you on the pinglist! Welcome aboard!

@Kaivyrin Oh yes, heh. Added you to the list! Welcome aboard!
@Rhombulus Yes. Yes it is. Got you on the pinglist! Welcome aboard!

@Kaivyrin Oh yes, heh. Added you to the list! Welcome aboard!
[b][i]Day One Hundred Fifty Five:[/i][/b] [i]“Your brother told you not to give up. Ok? You didn’t then; please don’t now.”[/i] Bramble found himself clinging to his father’s words. They would have been strong enough to hold him together before. Before, perhaps, when he had Erebos at his side; Erebos, who had given him so much warmth and strength to keep moving forward. Now, the words felt hollow. Empty. Drawn into the space that the Guardian once filled. No one else really flew in the same altitude he did while they travelled. Blithe and Capricious remained high to see on ahead and have a good view of the others below. Bladebeak didn’t care to hang about in the air for long periods of time, and even then, she was more preoccupied with Ailana to pay much attention to anyone else. The Mirrors preferred to walk, and the others hung about the ones who couldn’t fly. It wasn’t a problem for Bramble when Erebos to soared alongside him; but now he was alone. Even surrounded by the rest of the Shadowbound as he was, he couldn’t help but feel farther away from them than he ever had before. Blithe made the signal for lunch and the group reconvened back on the ground to stop for their rest break. The group spoke among themselves, but Bramble didn’t join in to their idle chatter. He didn’t have the energy for it. He went to go eat by himself, but apparently his mother wasn’t about to let him go off alone. He heard the flutter of her wings as she settled down beside him with her own meal in claw. “Bramble,” she murmured gently, and he braced himself. “I managed to snag some quail for you. I know you enjoy it and our resident meat eaters wanted to share some with you.” It wasn’t quite what he’d expected, and she didn’t leave him room to refuse, pushing the bits of meat onto his plate without waiting for an answer. In mere seconds, the scent of the food wafted into his nose and he dug in without really thinking. There was just something off about it, though. It wasn’t bad, but it didn’t fill him with the delight he once had when eating such a meal. Capricious noticed when he began to slow down again and quickly swallowed to speak. “Bramble… we’ve been worried about you,” she said quietly. Seeing his shoulders tense, she added, “We know you’ve suffered a terrible loss, but please don’t push us away. I won’t force you to say anything, but if you need to talk, know that your father and I are here for you. Right here.” He didn’t know how to respond, simply continuing to stare down at his plate. She waited there a few moments, then opened her wings to flutter away. A panic rose inside him and he blurted out, “Wait!” She stopped, looking back at him, neatly folding her wings in again. “… Yes?” she prompted. “… Mother…” he began, swallowing. “… Mother… are we cursed?” She seemed rather taken aback by this question, her fins flattening and raising and trembling. “No,” she responded immediately. “Why do you say that?” He shook his head, taking a breath. “Just… this journey… there’s been so much pain, and- and death.” He shuddered at the word, but forced himself to continue. “Is this really how the world is? Is this what we’re supposed to endure?” It took her a long time to answer, but eventually she said, “… I believe everyone has their struggles. I’ll admit, when we started this journey, I didn’t expect it to be this… harsh. But it hasn’t been all bad. This is how I think of it, when I begin to get discouraged: I think of all the faces I wouldn’t know if I hadn’t come. How many I wouldn’t have met. Perhaps who may not have even been born.” He winced at this, and he stretched out a wing to brush against his shoulder as she continued. “For all I know, I wouldn’t have come to know Blithe as I have. We would have never met Baines. Or Xihuitl. Iuitl. Amosis, Zunmonah- if I hadn’t decided to take this road, I may have never known just how good they were. What I would miss when they’re gone. Does that make sense?...” He nodded slowly, absorbing her words with tears flowing down his face. For a moment, he imagined his mother and father back at Duskhollow, sitting at a table next to a massive wall of glass windows that his parents had once described to him. He could imagine he and Clarion there, with perhaps a pale, dark-striped form that could be Vivace along with a number of faceless siblings. Sonance and Halcyon, Baines meandering in the background. But there was still one figure missing in his mind’s eye. They had met Erebos on a beach far, far away from the workshop known as Duskhollow. If his parents hadn’t been travelling in that region, would they have ever?... A large shadow passed over him and his heart leapt. He could hear the flap of massive, leathery wings and the air making way before them. Everyone’s heads turned toward the sky and for a moment, he dared to hope as he himself lifted his gaze. The ground shook as a large figure landed alongside the group. A smaller form tumbled out of their claws, righting themselves with a shake and bristling at them anxiously. A quillrunner? It’s owner, a young Imperial the color of pale fire with accents of blue stood panting before them. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54500356&skin=4145&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] In the stunned silence she said, “Food… please… I’m so… hungry…” Before anyone could answer, she collapsed, making her quillrunner keen and run to her. It hid behind her bulk when Capricious, Blithe, and Tremayne approached. Einar also joined them after a moment while the others hung back. Eventually, Tundra motioned toward her with a large, furred claw and asked, “Where’d she come from?” “Don’ bother; no point in askin’, hatchie,” Bladebeak drawled. “This stuff jus’ happens.” Tundra looked at her and echoed, “Just… happens?” “Yup,” Bladebeak replied blandly. “Jus’ happens. You get used t’ it.” ----- [item=dwarf truffle spores] I'm slowly getting back to this, I swear. Still haven't had a chance to breed Ehsan and Amosis, so I'm sorry for that! It will happen soon, I hope ;w;. But in the meantime, Pinkerton threw a new dragon at me, so that was... a thing. I actually got her more than a week ago, just hadn't had time to introduce her [s]help[/s]. I also have been doing a bit of drawing, but I thought I may as well do an art dump post here soon to catch up on those trinkets! ----- Backlog: [item=condor's breastplate] [item=canopic jar] [item= metal claws] [item=brilliant brass torc] [item=dire wooden toy] [item=rich nickel ore] [item=maroon neck wrap] [item=broken pottery][item=andesine] [item=scholar] [item=shalebuck horn] [item=nightwing bat] [item=wolpertinger hoodie] [item=featherhide locust] [item=ambush] ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3, Nesting (waiting for available Light nest) ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky @Snapshadow @Rhombulus @Kaivyrin
Day One Hundred Fifty Five:

“Your brother told you not to give up. Ok? You didn’t then; please don’t now.”

Bramble found himself clinging to his father’s words. They would have been strong enough to hold him together before. Before, perhaps, when he had Erebos at his side; Erebos, who had given him so much warmth and strength to keep moving forward. Now, the words felt hollow. Empty. Drawn into the space that the Guardian once filled.

No one else really flew in the same altitude he did while they travelled. Blithe and Capricious remained high to see on ahead and have a good view of the others below. Bladebeak didn’t care to hang about in the air for long periods of time, and even then, she was more preoccupied with Ailana to pay much attention to anyone else. The Mirrors preferred to walk, and the others hung about the ones who couldn’t fly. It wasn’t a problem for Bramble when Erebos to soared alongside him; but now he was alone. Even surrounded by the rest of the Shadowbound as he was, he couldn’t help but feel farther away from them than he ever had before.

Blithe made the signal for lunch and the group reconvened back on the ground to stop for their rest break. The group spoke among themselves, but Bramble didn’t join in to their idle chatter. He didn’t have the energy for it. He went to go eat by himself, but apparently his mother wasn’t about to let him go off alone. He heard the flutter of her wings as she settled down beside him with her own meal in claw.

“Bramble,” she murmured gently, and he braced himself. “I managed to snag some quail for you. I know you enjoy it and our resident meat eaters wanted to share some with you.”

It wasn’t quite what he’d expected, and she didn’t leave him room to refuse, pushing the bits of meat onto his plate without waiting for an answer. In mere seconds, the scent of the food wafted into his nose and he dug in without really thinking. There was just something off about it, though. It wasn’t bad, but it didn’t fill him with the delight he once had when eating such a meal. Capricious noticed when he began to slow down again and quickly swallowed to speak.

“Bramble… we’ve been worried about you,” she said quietly. Seeing his shoulders tense, she added, “We know you’ve suffered a terrible loss, but please don’t push us away. I won’t force you to say anything, but if you need to talk, know that your father and I are here for you. Right here.”

He didn’t know how to respond, simply continuing to stare down at his plate. She waited there a few moments, then opened her wings to flutter away. A panic rose inside him and he blurted out, “Wait!”

She stopped, looking back at him, neatly folding her wings in again. “… Yes?” she prompted.

“… Mother…” he began, swallowing. “… Mother… are we cursed?”

She seemed rather taken aback by this question, her fins flattening and raising and trembling.

“No,” she responded immediately. “Why do you say that?”

He shook his head, taking a breath. “Just… this journey… there’s been so much pain, and- and death.” He shuddered at the word, but forced himself to continue. “Is this really how the world is? Is this what we’re supposed to endure?”

It took her a long time to answer, but eventually she said, “… I believe everyone has their struggles. I’ll admit, when we started this journey, I didn’t expect it to be this… harsh. But it hasn’t been all bad. This is how I think of it, when I begin to get discouraged: I think of all the faces I wouldn’t know if I hadn’t come. How many I wouldn’t have met. Perhaps who may not have even been born.” He winced at this, and he stretched out a wing to brush against his shoulder as she continued. “For all I know, I wouldn’t have come to know Blithe as I have. We would have never met Baines. Or Xihuitl. Iuitl. Amosis, Zunmonah- if I hadn’t decided to take this road, I may have never known just how good they were. What I would miss when they’re gone. Does that make sense?...”

He nodded slowly, absorbing her words with tears flowing down his face. For a moment, he imagined his mother and father back at Duskhollow, sitting at a table next to a massive wall of glass windows that his parents had once described to him. He could imagine he and Clarion there, with perhaps a pale, dark-striped form that could be Vivace along with a number of faceless siblings. Sonance and Halcyon, Baines meandering in the background. But there was still one figure missing in his mind’s eye. They had met Erebos on a beach far, far away from the workshop known as Duskhollow. If his parents hadn’t been travelling in that region, would they have ever?...

A large shadow passed over him and his heart leapt. He could hear the flap of massive, leathery wings and the air making way before them. Everyone’s heads turned toward the sky and for a moment, he dared to hope as he himself lifted his gaze.

The ground shook as a large figure landed alongside the group. A smaller form tumbled out of their claws, righting themselves with a shake and bristling at them anxiously. A quillrunner? It’s owner, a young Imperial the color of pale fire with accents of blue stood panting before them.
dragon?did=54500356&skin=4145&apparel=&xt=dressing.png
In the stunned silence she said, “Food… please… I’m so… hungry…”

Before anyone could answer, she collapsed, making her quillrunner keen and run to her. It hid behind her bulk when Capricious, Blithe, and Tremayne approached. Einar also joined them after a moment while the others hung back. Eventually, Tundra motioned toward her with a large, furred claw and asked, “Where’d she come from?”

“Don’ bother; no point in askin’, hatchie,” Bladebeak drawled. “This stuff jus’ happens.”

Tundra looked at her and echoed, “Just… happens?”

“Yup,” Bladebeak replied blandly. “Jus’ happens. You get used t’ it.”
Dwarf Truffle Spores
I'm slowly getting back to this, I swear.

Still haven't had a chance to breed Ehsan and Amosis, so I'm sorry for that! It will happen soon, I hope ;w;. But in the meantime, Pinkerton threw a new dragon at me, so that was... a thing. I actually got her more than a week ago, just hadn't had time to introduce her help. I also have been doing a bit of drawing, but I thought I may as well do an art dump post here soon to catch up on those trinkets!
Backlog:
Condor's Breastplate Canopic Jar Metal Claws Brilliant Brass Torc Dire Wooden Toy Rich Nickel Ore Maroon Neck Wrap Andesine Scholar Shalebuck Horn Nightwing Bat Wolpertinger Hoodie Featherhide Locust Ambush
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3, Nesting (waiting for available Light nest)
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky @Snapshadow @Rhombulus @Kaivyrin
My heart breaks for Bramble... I hope he can find joy again, and find meaning in life again. I relate all too well to the emptiness he feels at having lost so much, though I can't imagine what it must be like to lose as much as he has.

I can't wait to get to know this new dragon more!!!
My heart breaks for Bramble... I hope he can find joy again, and find meaning in life again. I relate all too well to the emptiness he feels at having lost so much, though I can't imagine what it must be like to lose as much as he has.

I can't wait to get to know this new dragon more!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
That's an awesome accent for the imperial! Blue fire, just in time for flameforger's :D
That's an awesome accent for the imperial! Blue fire, just in time for flameforger's :D
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
Capricious best mom.
Capricious best mom.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Poor Bramble. ;-;

And a lovely new derg! hope she doesn't die
Poor Bramble. ;-;

And a lovely new derg! hope she doesn't die
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
Ooh, pretty new derg!
Ooh, pretty new derg!
flc0nOM.png
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 88 89