Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 88 89
OH MY GOODNESS THAT TUNDRA IS ADORABLE I LOVE HER AAAAA

I can't wait to see what they name her! I totally forgot about the gaoler naming thing!!!
OH MY GOODNESS THAT TUNDRA IS ADORABLE I LOVE HER AAAAA

I can't wait to see what they name her! I totally forgot about the gaoler naming thing!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Hi i *finally* caught up
Can I be added to the pinglist please?

Also baines :c
Hi i *finally* caught up
Can I be added to the pinglist please?

Also baines :c
Everything moves.
@Yetti @Samiky Got you both added! Welcome aboard!!! Yetti - Pinkerlockes are fun~. They also help a lot with lore building! Samiky - Yeah, poor Baines [emoji=ridgeback sad size=1]. He will very much be missed.
@Yetti @Samiky Got you both added! Welcome aboard!!!
Yetti - Pinkerlockes are fun~. They also help a lot with lore building!
Samiky - Yeah, poor Baines . He will very much be missed.
[b][i]Day One Hundred Forty Eight:[/i][/b] Ailana flinched as she unwound her wings. They were still healing from Eilian’s attack; much of the membrane of her right wing had been torn away, and there was still damage to her left. Capricious had told her they weren’t irreparable, but they would take a long time to heal. Two weeks later, and they were finally showing improvement. Still, she attempted not to strain them too much as she spread and relaxed them, wishing not for the first or even hundredth time to be back in the air. “How’re you doin’? Any better?” Bladebeak asked, having noticed her movement and craned her head around to look down at her. “I think I’m just starting to get better,” the Nocturne answered. “Finally,” the Ridgeback said back, though not unkindly. “I was thinkin’ I’d have t’ carry you forever.” “As nice as it’ll be to take to the air again, I’ll admit I’ll miss lounging on your back while you do all the walking,” Ailana mused, elbowing her in her belly scales and she let out a bark of laughter. About that time, Capricious pulled herself away from tending to Reverie and Hope, leaving them in her mate’s care as she flew over to them, having seen Ailana stretching her wings. “How are they today?” she asked. “Your right wing doesn’t appear to be ripping anymore.” “No, I think it’s getting it’s strength back,” the Nocturne replied, letting the Fae inspect the wounds. There was some scarring, but Ailana had reassured the Fae that it didn’t bother her much. Besides, Bladebeak apparently thought it made her look “bad***”. A squeal from the hatchlings drew her attention and she looked over at the two tiny Faes playing with their new Tundra friend. Their surprisingly large Tundra friend; if Ailana didn’t know any better, she would have thought the hatchling were an adult already. To strike up conversation, she turned to Capricious and asked, “Have you decided on a name for our newest member yet?” The Fae paused and glanced over at the younglings who were now playing with an enthusiastic Alkaios. “No, I haven’t…” she murmured. “Technically, she’s being raised by Einar, and… well, I don’t want to interfere with his species’s traditions.” “That hatchie’s not a Gaoler though,” Bladebeak scoffed. “An’ we gotta call ‘er [i]something[/i].” Ailana only shrugged when Capricious looked at her and commented, “She has a point.” Capricious sighed. “… I suppose we could give her a temporary name, of sorts. At least until Einar believes it’s the right time to give her a proper one.” “What, like ‘Furball’?” “We’re not naming her ‘furball’.” “Fine.” As they sat there and contemplated the matter, Ailana’s eyes shifted over the camp, eventually resting on a small, purplish form. “… Capricious, I’m sorry to bring this up now, but I’ve been meaning to ask… is Bree alright?” The Fae visibly winced, her fins almost flattening to her neck as she also looked at the zeeba. Bree was currently laying next to Tigress, the Foo of which had half curled protectively around her where she had collapsed at the edge of camp. “… Honestly, no,” she murmured. “Ever since the Vengeance’s attack, she’s been… struggling.” She hesitated, her fins quivering as she continued. “I’m… not sure how much longer she has. She’s been so weak the past couple days…” While they watched, Tigress raised her head from her dozing, suddenly alert. The Foo sniffed at the zeeba at her side and then turned to the camp and let out a quiet roar; a mournful sound that made everyone stop in surprise. Capricious didn’t hesitate, zipping straight on over to the zeeba and gently laying a claw on her. Blithe joined her immediately and they sat there over the creature in quiet conference as the others looked on. Ailana glanced at Bladebeak and hobbled her way over to them, her heart sinking at the same rate Capricious floated to the ground. Blithe wrapped himself around his mate comfortingly, but that didn’t stop the tears streaming down the Fae’s face as she turned to look at Ailana. “She’s gone,” she choked, her claw still resting on the zeeba’s soft snout. The Nocturne paused, then moved to put her own claw on the familiar’s side. There was no rise and fall, and the skin under the fur was already growing cold. “I’m so sorry, Capricious,” Ailana murmured and the Fae hid herself under her wings. They held a small service for the animal before she was buried, not wanting to leave her body to scavengers. Bree’s harness was stored away in one of Tigress’s saddlebags, though luckily the zeeba’s own packs had been removed when she first started weakening. While the others reseeded the barren dirt that covered the grave, Ailana couldn’t help the knot of worry in her stomach. How many more victims would their be until this journey was complete? ----- [item=eye agate] [item=ambush] [b]Coin Flip:[/b] Heads (TRUE) Rolled Alkaios, Capricious, and Blithe. When I saw that roll for the Death Streak, I was so sure I was going to lose Alkaios, and I was going to be so sad. But instead, RNG surprises me by knocking out Capricious. I mean... at least Bree saved her with a high roll, but it just wasn't enough to save Bree [emoji=ridgeback sad size=1]. So unfortunately, that means I've now lost the first ever familiar of the 'locke. -sigh- Also, I want to apologize for my absence lately. Been mega distracted by so many other things that I just haven't been able to devote time to this. But I was determined to get something done today! But boy, do I have sooo many backlogged items now... yikes. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky
Day One Hundred Forty Eight:

Ailana flinched as she unwound her wings. They were still healing from Eilian’s attack; much of the membrane of her right wing had been torn away, and there was still damage to her left. Capricious had told her they weren’t irreparable, but they would take a long time to heal. Two weeks later, and they were finally showing improvement. Still, she attempted not to strain them too much as she spread and relaxed them, wishing not for the first or even hundredth time to be back in the air.

“How’re you doin’? Any better?” Bladebeak asked, having noticed her movement and craned her head around to look down at her.

“I think I’m just starting to get better,” the Nocturne answered.

“Finally,” the Ridgeback said back, though not unkindly. “I was thinkin’ I’d have t’ carry you forever.”

“As nice as it’ll be to take to the air again, I’ll admit I’ll miss lounging on your back while you do all the walking,” Ailana mused, elbowing her in her belly scales and she let out a bark of laughter. About that time, Capricious pulled herself away from tending to Reverie and Hope, leaving them in her mate’s care as she flew over to them, having seen Ailana stretching her wings.

“How are they today?” she asked. “Your right wing doesn’t appear to be ripping anymore.”

“No, I think it’s getting it’s strength back,” the Nocturne replied, letting the Fae inspect the wounds. There was some scarring, but Ailana had reassured the Fae that it didn’t bother her much. Besides, Bladebeak apparently thought it made her look “bad***”. A squeal from the hatchlings drew her attention and she looked over at the two tiny Faes playing with their new Tundra friend. Their surprisingly large Tundra friend; if Ailana didn’t know any better, she would have thought the hatchling were an adult already. To strike up conversation, she turned to Capricious and asked, “Have you decided on a name for our newest member yet?”

The Fae paused and glanced over at the younglings who were now playing with an enthusiastic Alkaios.

“No, I haven’t…” she murmured. “Technically, she’s being raised by Einar, and… well, I don’t want to interfere with his species’s traditions.”

“That hatchie’s not a Gaoler though,” Bladebeak scoffed. “An’ we gotta call ‘er something.”

Ailana only shrugged when Capricious looked at her and commented, “She has a point.”

Capricious sighed. “… I suppose we could give her a temporary name, of sorts. At least until Einar believes it’s the right time to give her a proper one.”

“What, like ‘Furball’?”

“We’re not naming her ‘furball’.”

“Fine.”

As they sat there and contemplated the matter, Ailana’s eyes shifted over the camp, eventually resting on a small, purplish form. “… Capricious, I’m sorry to bring this up now, but I’ve been meaning to ask… is Bree alright?”

The Fae visibly winced, her fins almost flattening to her neck as she also looked at the zeeba. Bree was currently laying next to Tigress, the Foo of which had half curled protectively around her where she had collapsed at the edge of camp.

“… Honestly, no,” she murmured. “Ever since the Vengeance’s attack, she’s been… struggling.” She hesitated, her fins quivering as she continued. “I’m… not sure how much longer she has. She’s been so weak the past couple days…”

While they watched, Tigress raised her head from her dozing, suddenly alert. The Foo sniffed at the zeeba at her side and then turned to the camp and let out a quiet roar; a mournful sound that made everyone stop in surprise. Capricious didn’t hesitate, zipping straight on over to the zeeba and gently laying a claw on her. Blithe joined her immediately and they sat there over the creature in quiet conference as the others looked on. Ailana glanced at Bladebeak and hobbled her way over to them, her heart sinking at the same rate Capricious floated to the ground. Blithe wrapped himself around his mate comfortingly, but that didn’t stop the tears streaming down the Fae’s face as she turned to look at Ailana.

“She’s gone,” she choked, her claw still resting on the zeeba’s soft snout. The Nocturne paused, then moved to put her own claw on the familiar’s side. There was no rise and fall, and the skin under the fur was already growing cold.

“I’m so sorry, Capricious,” Ailana murmured and the Fae hid herself under her wings.

They held a small service for the animal before she was buried, not wanting to leave her body to scavengers. Bree’s harness was stored away in one of Tigress’s saddlebags, though luckily the zeeba’s own packs had been removed when she first started weakening.

While the others reseeded the barren dirt that covered the grave, Ailana couldn’t help the knot of worry in her stomach. How many more victims would their be until this journey was complete?
Eye Agate Ambush
Coin Flip: Heads (TRUE)
Rolled Alkaios, Capricious, and Blithe.

When I saw that roll for the Death Streak, I was so sure I was going to lose Alkaios, and I was going to be so sad. But instead, RNG surprises me by knocking out Capricious. I mean... at least Bree saved her with a high roll, but it just wasn't enough to save Bree . So unfortunately, that means I've now lost the first ever familiar of the 'locke. -sigh-

Also, I want to apologize for my absence lately. Been mega distracted by so many other things that I just haven't been able to devote time to this. But I was determined to get something done today! But boy, do I have sooo many backlogged items now... yikes.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky
Oh no, Bree! That's so sad! But I'm glad you didn't lose any dragons, and that Ailana is healing up well! I'm so excited to see what the tundra gets named! And how it's combining with gaoler traditions!
Oh no, Bree! That's so sad! But I'm glad you didn't lose any dragons, and that Ailana is healing up well! I'm so excited to see what the tundra gets named! And how it's combining with gaoler traditions!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Oh my goodness, I was just bonding with familiars and one of my dragons had a familiar like Bree and it got awakened today and so I gave her a new familiar. I can't believe the timing!
Oh my goodness, I was just bonding with familiars and one of my dragons had a familiar like Bree and it got awakened today and so I gave her a new familiar. I can't believe the timing!
[quote name="Petall" date="2019-08-11 08:47:05" ] Oh no, Bree! That's so sad! But I'm glad you didn't lose any dragons, and that Ailana is healing up well! I'm so excited to see what the tundra gets named! And how it's combining with gaoler traditions! [/quote] ^
Petall wrote on 2019-08-11 08:47:05:
^
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
No, Bree!!! Its so sad to see her go, but at least you didn't loose Capricious, I wouldn't have been able to cope if she had died.
No, Bree!!! Its so sad to see her go, but at least you didn't loose Capricious, I wouldn't have been able to cope if she had died.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[b][i]Day One Hundred Forty Nine:[/i][/b] [center][item=Hypnotic scallop] Rolled Blithe, Tremayne, and Capricious. Went 35 battles in the Cove, didn't do too bad. Think I've finally gotten used to this venue. Tremayne reached level 9. Blithe is now level [b]17[/b]. You all know what that means? Blithe is now outfitted with his set of Berserkers. Awwww yeaaaaah~. ----- Now for my list of backlogged items that I'm going to have to go through... oi. All the Trinkets: [item=condor's breastplate] [item=canopic jar] [item= metal claws] [item=brilliant brass torc] [item=dire wooden toy] I have so much art to do, lol. Discarded Items: [item=sparkling violet arm bow] [item=teardrop citrine pendant] [item= teardrop lapis lazuli armlet] I think Pink's trying to tell me I'm making him cry. Well tough luck, pal, I consider this payback for all the tears [i]you've[/i] caused. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3
Day One Hundred Forty Nine:
Hypnotic Scallop
Rolled Blithe, Tremayne, and Capricious.

Went 35 battles in the Cove, didn't do too bad. Think I've finally gotten used to this venue.

Tremayne reached level 9.
Blithe is now level 17.
You all know what that means? Blithe is now outfitted with his set of Berserkers. Awwww yeaaaaah~.
Now for my list of backlogged items that I'm going to have to go through... oi.
All the Trinkets:
Condor's Breastplate Canopic Jar Metal Claws Brilliant Brass Torc Dire Wooden Toy
I have so much art to do, lol.
Discarded Items:
Sparkling Violet Arm Bow Teardrop Citrine Pendant Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Armlet
I think Pink's trying to tell me I'm making him cry. Well tough luck, pal, I consider this payback for all the tears you've caused.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3
@Petall Wow, that is a crazy coincidence! xD

@Midwinter Yeah, I did have that crushing moment where I was trying to think of what I would do if I lost Capricious. Thank you Bree for at least saving me that pain ;n;.
@Petall Wow, that is a crazy coincidence! xD

@Midwinter Yeah, I did have that crushing moment where I was trying to think of what I would do if I lost Capricious. Thank you Bree for at least saving me that pain ;n;.
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 88 89