Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 88 89
Huh ok
Huh ok
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Oooooo sounds like the Shadowbound might have a sympathizer among the harpies!!!
Oooooo sounds like the Shadowbound might have a sympathizer among the harpies!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[b][i]Day One Hundred Forty Four:[/i][/b] [center][item=garden snail] Rolled Erebos, Ehsan, and Amosis. Kicked some butt in the Sandswept Delta. Ehsan is now level 12![/center] ----- [b][i]Day One Hundred Forty Five:[/i][/b] [center][item=granny smith apple] Rolled Capricious, Blithe, and Amosis. [i]Eek.[/i] Despite my fears, this team actually did really well in Redrock Cove! Only went 12 battles though since I don't really want Blithe to reach level 17 too quickly. Not when I'm just getting used to the Cove. Amosis reached level 11. Capricious is now level 16. ----- Have two art days backlogged for now because I haven't had the time to do them: [item=condor's breastplate] [item=canopic jar][/center] ----- [b][i]Day One Hundred Forty Six:[/i][/b] [center][item=winterwatcher's arctic tail cozy] Going to have to discard this item since I can't do anything with it. Besides add another breed change to the backlog.
Day One Hundred Forty Four:
Garden Snail
Rolled Erebos, Ehsan, and Amosis.

Kicked some butt in the Sandswept Delta.

Ehsan is now level 12!

Day One Hundred Forty Five:
Granny Smith Apple
Rolled Capricious, Blithe, and Amosis.
Eek.

Despite my fears, this team actually did really well in Redrock Cove! Only went 12 battles though since I don't really want Blithe to reach level 17 too quickly. Not when I'm just getting used to the Cove.

Amosis reached level 11.
Capricious is now level 16.
Have two art days backlogged for now because I haven't had the time to do them:
Condor's Breastplate Canopic Jar

Day One Hundred Forty Six:
Winterwatcher's Arctic Tail Cozy
Going to have to discard this item since I can't do anything with it. Besides add another breed change to the backlog.
[b][i]Day One Hundred Forty Seven:[/i][/b] Meirwen was startled by Clarkia’s screech and the sparrow came rocketing toward her, hiding herself behind her bulk. It wasn’t hard to discern why; Cinderhoof, Bladebeak’s ophiotaurus, was in a rage. The Ridgeback had to bodily through herself on top of her familiar to hold him back from pummeling their resident scaleback, which was fighting just as hard to squirm out of Ailana’s grasp. Ever since it had recovered from its own injuries at the claws of Eilian, the scaleback had been picking fights with just about every other familiar the Shadowbound possessed. Just the day before, it had picked a fight with Lolli, and earned a good strangling for its efforts before they got them separated. The day before that, he had gone after Gustav, and when the duskflapper flew out of reach, it went after Sonance’s phytocat. They had hoped it would have been smart enough not to go after Tigress or Cinderhoof, who were both considerably larger, but that unfortunately didn’t prove to be the case. “Cut it out, Cinderhoof! That’s enough out o’ ya!” Bladebeak snapped down at the ophiotaurus and he begrudgingly settled. The scaleback, however, took it as an opening and continued to try to lunge at him until Bladebeak roared full on in its face. It finally stopped then, obviously not keen on challenging a dragon. Meirwen let out a snort from where she was watching the scene, exchanging a glance with Sonance. “What is that scaleback’s problem, anyway?” Sonance griped, currently brushing out her phytocat’s fur. She had named the creature Cattail, which she and Meirwen found immensely amusing if no one else seemed to get it. “Scalebacks just have bad attitudes in general,” the Snapper replied, shrugging. “So I’ve heard, anyway. If he comes anywhere near my Clarkia, though, he’s going to get a good kick in the face.” “You don’t have to be so mean to the creature,” Bramble spoke up from where he and Erebos were sitting with their lunch nearby. “Poor thing’s been through enough already…” “He attacked Cattail!” Sonance quipped. “And he didn’t do anything to him!” “No, but one of us [i]did [/i]attack him,” he murmured back. Sonance winced, picking at something in Cattail’s false reeds. Eventually Bramble continued, “In any case, he’s still our responsibility while he recovers. Even if he… aggravates his condition willfully by picking fights he can’t win.” “I’m sure he’ll calm down eventually, once he gets to know the other familiars,” Erebos rumbled. “He just needs time to adjust.” “If you say so,” Meirwen grumbled. She would have turned away if she hadn’t noticed something odd about Erebos’s shoulders. She stared, not entirely sure about what she was seeing. A shape was forming, or moving, in the haze behind him, but it was hard to focus on, if there was anything there at all. The Guardian caught her look and furrowed his brow in puzzlement. “What is it?” he asked. At about that moment, a figure did emerge and Meirwen leapt to her feet in a fright. “The mist! It’s- [i]what is it[/i]?!” she shrieked, startling everyone else. Erebos’s head twisted about in bewilderment and he recoiled as a bird-like ripple in the air went past his nose. It did a loop around his head and flew off into the trees. Everyone sat tensed until it reappeared, flying around Erebos again before zipping back away. “It’s a steam gyre,” Ailana called out. “Don’t worry; they’re mostly harmless. Although, they’re usually only found around forges…” “What’s it doing?” Erebos questioned, trying to watch it as it came back to flutter around his head and disappear again. “It’s behavior suggests it wants to be followed,” Einar spoke from behind them. Meirwen jumped again; for being so large, the Gaoler was surprisingly stealthy. “Should we?...” Blithe inquired, looking after the gyre dubiously. Einar didn’t answer, merely stepping past all of them and vanishing into the trees. Erebos exchanged a look with Bramble and followed him, as did Blithe. Meirwen moved to do the same, but she was called back by Capricious. “Everyone else should remain here,” she said firmly. “But what if they find something?” Sonance protested. “Then I would rather you were here,” the Fae reiterated, leaving no more room for argument. Sonance subsided, though not happily. She and Meirwen were wrangled into caring for the hatchlings with Alkaios under the watchful eye of Tremayne while the rest of the adults held a quiet conference. This rubbed Meirwen the wrong way, as it always did. She and Sonance were adults too! Even Alkaios, who wasn’t that much younger than them. Yet all the older dragons treated them like hatchlings still. She didn’t think that was fair. Finally Einar, Erebos, and Blithe all returned, and not alone. The steam gyre came with them, still lazily flying about the Guardian. That wasn’t so interesting, however, compared to the little orange bundle of fur tucked in Einar’s foreclaw. Everyone rushed over to investigate, including Meirwen and Sonance, who this time would not be deterred. “Oh! It that a Tundra?” Sonance asked excitedly before anyone else could speak. Einar hesitated a moment before he pulled the hatchling away from his own fur, letting it blink in the light as it turned to look at them. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=84&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=23&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=61&auth=088a808e55604ac0c67467d7b79c3db51a77c264&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] “Oh, she’s precious,” Capricious murmured, fluttering down for a closer look. The Tundra opened her jaws to yawn and whine, exposing her infant tusks. “Well, it would seem we have another to care for. Blithe, could you get some food for her?” “I can take care of her,” Einar spoke up and Capricious’s fins raised in surprise. “You have your own hatchlings to attend to.” “If you’re alright with that,” she answered with a hint of uncertainty. “Well… do you have a name for her?” He blinked, apparently perplexed by this question. “No… I forgot; you seem to name your hatchlings at their birth.” “Of course?” Blithe commented, squinting at the Gaoler. “I mean, you have a name, don’t you?” “I did not until I earned my right to bear one,” Einar said plainly. The others stared at him, bewildered. “You [i]what[/i]?” Bladebeak snipped from overhead. “You had t’ [i]earn [/i]your name? How messed up is that?” “It is how it is done where I come from,” the Gaoler rumbled in reply. “We do not earn our names until we join an Order of our choosing, granted that we are accepted.” “Still sounds messed up,” she grumbled back. He let out a dismissive snort, turning back to Blithe and Capricious. “I will not name her, in the traditions of my kind, but if it is what you prefer, you may name her,” he said. The two glanced at each other, then down at the Tundra. “… I’ll… think about it,” Capricious said after a moment, giving him a respectful bob of her head. He nodded back, accepting the bundle of plants that Blithe handed him and beginning to feed the whining Tundra. Meirwen and Sonance wandered back to Alkaios and the other hatchlings as the group broke, resuming their duties with curious glances over their shoulders at the Gaoler and the orange fluff in his claws. Alkaios gave them about two minutes before he leaned in conspiratorially over the two tiny Faes and asked, “So they found a hatchling? All the way out here? Is it ok?” “Yeah, she’s fine,” Sonance answered. “Apparently Einar’s adopted her. Did you know Gaolers don’t get names until they join an Order, or whatever?” “An Order?” Alkaios repeated. “Their job, I think,” Meirwen explained. “Weird, huh?” “So they found a Gaoler hatchling? But I thought Gaolers were really rare or something?” “No, it’s a Tundra hatchling; right?” Sonance said, looking at Meirwen for confirmation. “Right; Tundra, not Gaoler,” the Snapper nodded. “Oh, cool,” Alkaios said thoughtfully. As they continued their conversation, though Meirwen couldn’t help but wonder. It had been a long time since she’d last seen a Tundra, so she was pretty sure the orange fluffball was one. Mostly sure, anyway. ----- [item=murky scales] Hey, story day! I struggled for absolutely forever about who's perspective to write this from. Settled on Meirwen because I've written nothing from her or Sonance's perspective by this point, and I feel bad. Also, hello new baby! (That's no longer a baby, but shush. It's been a busy week.) But guys. This baby. Is probably the best freaking G1 I've gotten this 'locke??? I cannot express to you just how in love I am with this child, like, I'll cry. I will. And if she dies, I'll probably keep her, not gonna lie. Sorry... anyway, yeah. I legit didn't expect to get such gorgeous children in this 'locke, I'm just stunned. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise
Day One Hundred Forty Seven:

Meirwen was startled by Clarkia’s screech and the sparrow came rocketing toward her, hiding herself behind her bulk. It wasn’t hard to discern why; Cinderhoof, Bladebeak’s ophiotaurus, was in a rage. The Ridgeback had to bodily through herself on top of her familiar to hold him back from pummeling their resident scaleback, which was fighting just as hard to squirm out of Ailana’s grasp. Ever since it had recovered from its own injuries at the claws of Eilian, the scaleback had been picking fights with just about every other familiar the Shadowbound possessed. Just the day before, it had picked a fight with Lolli, and earned a good strangling for its efforts before they got them separated. The day before that, he had gone after Gustav, and when the duskflapper flew out of reach, it went after Sonance’s phytocat. They had hoped it would have been smart enough not to go after Tigress or Cinderhoof, who were both considerably larger, but that unfortunately didn’t prove to be the case.

“Cut it out, Cinderhoof! That’s enough out o’ ya!” Bladebeak snapped down at the ophiotaurus and he begrudgingly settled. The scaleback, however, took it as an opening and continued to try to lunge at him until Bladebeak roared full on in its face. It finally stopped then, obviously not keen on challenging a dragon. Meirwen let out a snort from where she was watching the scene, exchanging a glance with Sonance.

“What is that scaleback’s problem, anyway?” Sonance griped, currently brushing out her phytocat’s fur. She had named the creature Cattail, which she and Meirwen found immensely amusing if no one else seemed to get it.

“Scalebacks just have bad attitudes in general,” the Snapper replied, shrugging. “So I’ve heard, anyway. If he comes anywhere near my Clarkia, though, he’s going to get a good kick in the face.”

“You don’t have to be so mean to the creature,” Bramble spoke up from where he and Erebos were sitting with their lunch nearby. “Poor thing’s been through enough already…”

“He attacked Cattail!” Sonance quipped. “And he didn’t do anything to him!”

“No, but one of us did attack him,” he murmured back. Sonance winced, picking at something in Cattail’s false reeds. Eventually Bramble continued, “In any case, he’s still our responsibility while he recovers. Even if he… aggravates his condition willfully by picking fights he can’t win.”

“I’m sure he’ll calm down eventually, once he gets to know the other familiars,” Erebos rumbled. “He just needs time to adjust.”

“If you say so,” Meirwen grumbled. She would have turned away if she hadn’t noticed something odd about Erebos’s shoulders. She stared, not entirely sure about what she was seeing. A shape was forming, or moving, in the haze behind him, but it was hard to focus on, if there was anything there at all. The Guardian caught her look and furrowed his brow in puzzlement.

“What is it?” he asked. At about that moment, a figure did emerge and Meirwen leapt to her feet in a fright.

“The mist! It’s- what is it?!” she shrieked, startling everyone else. Erebos’s head twisted about in bewilderment and he recoiled as a bird-like ripple in the air went past his nose. It did a loop around his head and flew off into the trees. Everyone sat tensed until it reappeared, flying around Erebos again before zipping back away.

“It’s a steam gyre,” Ailana called out. “Don’t worry; they’re mostly harmless. Although, they’re usually only found around forges…”

“What’s it doing?” Erebos questioned, trying to watch it as it came back to flutter around his head and disappear again.

“It’s behavior suggests it wants to be followed,” Einar spoke from behind them. Meirwen jumped again; for being so large, the Gaoler was surprisingly stealthy.

“Should we?...” Blithe inquired, looking after the gyre dubiously. Einar didn’t answer, merely stepping past all of them and vanishing into the trees. Erebos exchanged a look with Bramble and followed him, as did Blithe. Meirwen moved to do the same, but she was called back by Capricious.

“Everyone else should remain here,” she said firmly.

“But what if they find something?” Sonance protested.

“Then I would rather you were here,” the Fae reiterated, leaving no more room for argument. Sonance subsided, though not happily.

She and Meirwen were wrangled into caring for the hatchlings with Alkaios under the watchful eye of Tremayne while the rest of the adults held a quiet conference. This rubbed Meirwen the wrong way, as it always did. She and Sonance were adults too! Even Alkaios, who wasn’t that much younger than them. Yet all the older dragons treated them like hatchlings still. She didn’t think that was fair.

Finally Einar, Erebos, and Blithe all returned, and not alone. The steam gyre came with them, still lazily flying about the Guardian. That wasn’t so interesting, however, compared to the little orange bundle of fur tucked in Einar’s foreclaw. Everyone rushed over to investigate, including Meirwen and Sonance, who this time would not be deterred.

“Oh! It that a Tundra?” Sonance asked excitedly before anyone else could speak. Einar hesitated a moment before he pulled the hatchling away from his own fur, letting it blink in the light as it turned to look at them.
dragon?age=0&body=84&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=23&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=61&auth=088a808e55604ac0c67467d7b79c3db51a77c264&dummyext=prev.png
“Oh, she’s precious,” Capricious murmured, fluttering down for a closer look. The Tundra opened her jaws to yawn and whine, exposing her infant tusks. “Well, it would seem we have another to care for. Blithe, could you get some food for her?”

“I can take care of her,” Einar spoke up and Capricious’s fins raised in surprise. “You have your own hatchlings to attend to.”

“If you’re alright with that,” she answered with a hint of uncertainty. “Well… do you have a name for her?”

He blinked, apparently perplexed by this question. “No… I forgot; you seem to name your hatchlings at their birth.”

“Of course?” Blithe commented, squinting at the Gaoler. “I mean, you have a name, don’t you?”

“I did not until I earned my right to bear one,” Einar said plainly. The others stared at him, bewildered.

“You what?” Bladebeak snipped from overhead. “You had t’ earn your name? How messed up is that?”

“It is how it is done where I come from,” the Gaoler rumbled in reply. “We do not earn our names until we join an Order of our choosing, granted that we are accepted.”

“Still sounds messed up,” she grumbled back. He let out a dismissive snort, turning back to Blithe and Capricious.

“I will not name her, in the traditions of my kind, but if it is what you prefer, you may name her,” he said. The two glanced at each other, then down at the Tundra.

“… I’ll… think about it,” Capricious said after a moment, giving him a respectful bob of her head. He nodded back, accepting the bundle of plants that Blithe handed him and beginning to feed the whining Tundra.

Meirwen and Sonance wandered back to Alkaios and the other hatchlings as the group broke, resuming their duties with curious glances over their shoulders at the Gaoler and the orange fluff in his claws. Alkaios gave them about two minutes before he leaned in conspiratorially over the two tiny Faes and asked, “So they found a hatchling? All the way out here? Is it ok?”

“Yeah, she’s fine,” Sonance answered. “Apparently Einar’s adopted her. Did you know Gaolers don’t get names until they join an Order, or whatever?”

“An Order?” Alkaios repeated.

“Their job, I think,” Meirwen explained. “Weird, huh?”

“So they found a Gaoler hatchling? But I thought Gaolers were really rare or something?”

“No, it’s a Tundra hatchling; right?” Sonance said, looking at Meirwen for confirmation.

“Right; Tundra, not Gaoler,” the Snapper nodded.

“Oh, cool,” Alkaios said thoughtfully. As they continued their conversation, though Meirwen couldn’t help but wonder. It had been a long time since she’d last seen a Tundra, so she was pretty sure the orange fluffball was one.

Mostly sure, anyway.
Murky Scales
Hey, story day! I struggled for absolutely forever about who's perspective to write this from. Settled on Meirwen because I've written nothing from her or Sonance's perspective by this point, and I feel bad.
Also, hello new baby! (That's no longer a baby, but shush. It's been a busy week.)
But guys. This baby. Is probably the best freaking G1 I've gotten this 'locke??? I cannot express to you just how in love I am with this child, like, I'll cry. I will. And if she dies, I'll probably keep her, not gonna lie. Sorry... anyway, yeah. I legit didn't expect to get such gorgeous children in this 'locke, I'm just stunned.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x3
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise
She actually has such amazing colours!! I will cry too if she dies
She actually has such amazing colours!! I will cry too if she dies
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
aww, what a lovely lil yellow girl! i love the blue in her scrys, too!
aww, what a lovely lil yellow girl! i love the blue in her scrys, too!
wind_small.png ico_bleed.pngJrZGMGx.png
ico_poison.pngtqGkHih.png
ico_slow.pngIrmwTXC.png
ico_virus.pngjy4N1pw.png
*flops into thread* [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=38&breed=17&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=23&tertgene=31&winggene=38&wings=61&auth=ed5994b679b7d7906c37e7326747ce2a0ea347d7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] look what i did *rolls back out*
*flops into thread*

dragon?age=1&body=84&bodygene=38&breed=17&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=23&tertgene=31&winggene=38&wings=61&auth=ed5994b679b7d7906c37e7326747ce2a0ea347d7&dummyext=prev.png

look what i did
*rolls back out*
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
@Midwinter She's sooooo amazing~ aaaaaack-

@chewynoodles I just love how her blues kinda blend together? I'm also a sucker for orange/blue combos alfkjasdf.

@FallenEclipse Beautiful xD. Again that orange/blue combo; I love it!
@Midwinter She's sooooo amazing~ aaaaaack-

@chewynoodles I just love how her blues kinda blend together? I'm also a sucker for orange/blue combos alfkjasdf.

@FallenEclipse Beautiful xD. Again that orange/blue combo; I love it!
f l u f f y b a b y
f l u f f y b a b y
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Spent the last two days reading this- sorely tempted to write my own! Can you please add me to the Pinglist? c:
Spent the last two days reading this- sorely tempted to write my own! Can you please add me to the Pinglist? c:
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 88 89