Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 88 89
@Eversnow I think it's kinda funny that you came up with Gaoler scries for him. I don't know if anyone remembers, but when I first bought Baines, he was originally a Tundra [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]. This is the tentative scry that I had for him! [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=152&bodygene=15&breed=3&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=137&tertgene=5&winggene=12&wings=55&auth=bf7639a6f842d5f4421e5752722ea4a7f1cd450e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Getting that brown to work with his other colors is difficult, but yay accent colors! @MisterMylez Hey, at least Eilian was good for... something? (It was a spontaneous decision, not gonna lie, but it worked!) @Petall Closure was just very important, imo. That was a hard hit, I wanted something to help make it worth it ;w;.
@Eversnow I think it's kinda funny that you came up with Gaoler scries for him. I don't know if anyone remembers, but when I first bought Baines, he was originally a Tundra .
This is the tentative scry that I had for him!
dragon?age=1&body=152&bodygene=15&breed=3&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=137&tertgene=5&winggene=12&wings=55&auth=bf7639a6f842d5f4421e5752722ea4a7f1cd450e&dummyext=prev.png
Getting that brown to work with his other colors is difficult, but yay accent colors!

@MisterMylez Hey, at least Eilian was good for... something? (It was a spontaneous decision, not gonna lie, but it worked!)

@Petall Closure was just very important, imo. That was a hard hit, I wanted something to help make it worth it ;w;.
f l u f f y l e a d e r b i g y e s
f l u f f y l e a d e r b i g y e s
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
oh wow everyone is quoting me I feel proud
oh wow everyone is quoting me I feel proud
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Baines' tert is very difficult to work with, that's for sure ;; I'm surprised how nice of a primary mint is, though!

edit: not really related, but I recently noticed (thanks to multigaze) that the female fae's neck seems to be doing a strange fold instead of the head turn I always thought it was. It's been bothering me very much.
Baines' tert is very difficult to work with, that's for sure ;; I'm surprised how nice of a primary mint is, though!

edit: not really related, but I recently noticed (thanks to multigaze) that the female fae's neck seems to be doing a strange fold instead of the head turn I always thought it was. It's been bothering me very much.
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
[b][i]Day One Hundred Forty:[/i][/b] "So, tell me; how did you come to travel with a dragon?" Heleen was a little startled by the question and turned to Aysun. The Raptorik was helping her attend to her wounds from the battle several days ago. Currently, however, she was looking at the much older puncture mark on her flank. "Why do you ask?" she responded at first. Aysun shrugged. "From your attire, you're not a guide, as I am. If I were to guess, you are a herd scout, or guard. Most centaurs I see with dragons are ambassadors… or prisoners." "You're not wrong," Heleen conceded. "But I must say, you're rather wary towards dragons despite your occupation." "I became a guide more out of necessity than choice," the Raptorik replied blandly. "And I'm still rather… new to it." "I see." "You haven't really answered my question." Heleen sighed. "It is a rather… odd story," she admitted. "But I can assure you that I travel with the dragon by choice." Aysun tilted her head in silent inquiry, waiting for more. The centaur hesitated, then said, "Yes, I am- was- part of my herd's guard. I had been sent with a squadron to investigate a potential threat, and found… it was the Evil." Aysun shuddered at this and almost dropped the poultice she was holding. "I'm sorry, I know it is not something many wish to speak of-" "It's fine," Aysun interrupted her with a wave of a talon. "Please continue." "Very well… my squad got too close and it corrupted them. They turned on me and I fled, but not before they shot me. I managed to limp to a cave to hide, but they would have found me. Then Einar appeared; he… had to kill them, as he had to kill that other dragon, but when he found me, he realized I hadn't been possessed and healed me." Aysun nodded quietly once she had finished, tying off the last of the bandages. "I'm sorry to hear about your squadron," she murmured. Heleen shook her head. "What has happened cannot be changed." "Indeed," she murmured in reply. "Though it's curious… my story is not too different from your own." "Is it?" the centaur asked, surprised. Aysun didn't respond immediately, focusing on washing her hands with a distant expression. "... I had also been attacked by the Evil," she murmured. Motioning toward the resting dragons, she continued, "That was when they found me." "I thought- I suppose I assumed you were their hired guide," Heleen admitted. "Understandable," the Raptorik shrugged. She shook again and buried her face in her talons a moment, then straightened back up to speak. "My original clients wished to see some of the old ruins. I tried to warn them about what may lay there, but they did not listen. Or they could not understand; I have yet to learn much Draconic. Either way, it… swallowed them. I barely managed to survive." "How terrible," Heleen murmured sympathetically. Aysun took a steadying breath. "But these dragons…" she said at length, looking at the massive forms that were clustered close by. "They are… much different than I expected. Different than the stories my flock elders used to tell me, anyway." "They are," the centaur agreed, following her gaze. Her eyes rested on the lithe blue and red Spiral and his Fae mate. "I can almost understand why Serhat is so enamored with them," Aysun mused. True enough, the other Raptorik seemed to enjoy the dragons' company quite a lot, particularly the Snapper with many eyes. Heleen herself was put off enough by the sheer amount of teeth and claws she was surrounded by that those many eyes became too much, though the dragon themself seemed kindly. A commotion suddenly arose in the middle of camp and the great beasts began flying about (literally and figuratively) gathering cloth to place on the ground. Heleen and Aysun startled to their feet at the confusion and were soon joined by Serhat. "What's happening?" Aysun asked him hurriedly. He smiled at her, answering, "Blithe's and Capricious's eggs are hatching. Come! We should watch." Aysun exchanged a glance with Heleen, looking slightly dubious but following after him regardless. The Raptorik were both small enough to slip through between the legs of the larger creatures, but Heleen had to find a better way to squeeze in for a view. The two golden eggs were glowing with an incredible intensity that magnified until it was blinding. Many of the figures flinched away as she did to shield their eyes before the light vanished and they all chanced a look back. In the blankets now wriggled two new Fae dragons. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=158&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=35&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=160&auth=458a603acd7159b345dbe0df14f2d28075206bcd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=115&bodygene=25&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=153&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=170&auth=bbb8e605adfdc8bcb03dc128436e5f861b671b57&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Smallest of the dragon species aside, Heleen was astonished to see just how tiny they really were. Not even close to the size of a newborn foal. She watched as the hatchlings' parents picked up them up and cleaned the egg gunk off of them and the others cooed and chatted overhead. "What are they saying?" Aysun asked Serhat, her curiosity evident. Heleen could tell she was as intrigued by the scene as she was. "What are they, and what are they naming them?" "Patience," he chastised her, though with a jaunty air, clearly caught up in the euphoria. "They hatched a boy and a girl; Reverie is the boy, and… Hope is the girl." "Odd names for dragons," Aysun thought aloud. "Fitting, if you ask me," Serhat replied mildly. With a shake of his head, he added, "With all they have been through, this joy they've been given is sorely needed." Aysun furrowed her brows at him thoughtfully and asked, “You mean because of what happened this past week?” “Not just that,” he mumbled, watching as the hatchlings were shown around even to the large Foo and little zeeba who sniffed at them inquisitively. Aysun nudged him, giving him a look like she wasn’t satisfied with that answer. “Will you tell us?” she asked pointedly, including Heleen by proxy. When the other Raptorik looked at her, the centaur motioned to him encouragingly. He sighed and leaned on his staff. “It is a lengthy tale, and I do not know all of it, but… I suppose I could share what I do know,” he consented, folding under Aysun’s intense gaze. Heleen would have been surprised if he had said no; in just the few days she’d travelled with them, she recognized the way he stared at Aysun. Not that Aysun seemed to have noticed. The dragons finally broke apart and began moving to clean up the quick camp so they could walk until sunset. Serhat, true to his word, began to tell her and Aysun all that he had witnessed of the Shadowbound since his first meeting them. It was a lengthy tale indeed; and yet, Heleen couldn’t help but feel like there was so much more to the story that she did not yet know. ----- [item=ash logs] I like writing from Heleen's perspective. Why? I dunno, Heleen is just fun. Also we [i]finally[/i] get some personality from Aysun. Also introducing my personal headcanon that the Beastclans all have both their own language per faction and a shared language that they all know to communicate with each other. That would be what Heleen, Aysun, and Serhat are speaking in up above rather than Centaurian or the Raptorik language. I don't think I actually mentioned it in the post, so I thought I'd talk about it down here in the comments. Aaand hatch day! And they both survived the coin flip!! Looks like Erebos was right after all~. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to name one of the hatchlings "Hope" just because it seemed to obvious, but then again, it seems like a very Blithe and Capricious sort of thing to do. So viola. ... Though I will say that Hope's colors are... ouch. Reverie's colors aren't so bad- actually. Looking at him, he looks like RNG mashed both Mosey and Clarion together. That's kinda... cool? I dunno, I like him in an odd way. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x2 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @Eversnow Female Fae necks are a thing to be feared. Seriously.
Day One Hundred Forty:

"So, tell me; how did you come to travel with a dragon?"

Heleen was a little startled by the question and turned to Aysun. The Raptorik was helping her attend to her wounds from the battle several days ago. Currently, however, she was looking at the much older puncture mark on her flank.

"Why do you ask?" she responded at first. Aysun shrugged.

"From your attire, you're not a guide, as I am. If I were to guess, you are a herd scout, or guard. Most centaurs I see with dragons are ambassadors… or prisoners."

"You're not wrong," Heleen conceded. "But I must say, you're rather wary towards dragons despite your occupation."

"I became a guide more out of necessity than choice," the Raptorik replied blandly. "And I'm still rather… new to it."

"I see."

"You haven't really answered my question." Heleen sighed.

"It is a rather… odd story," she admitted. "But I can assure you that I travel with the dragon by choice." Aysun tilted her head in silent inquiry, waiting for more. The centaur hesitated, then said, "Yes, I am- was- part of my herd's guard. I had been sent with a squadron to investigate a potential threat, and found… it was the Evil." Aysun shuddered at this and almost dropped the poultice she was holding. "I'm sorry, I know it is not something many wish to speak of-"

"It's fine," Aysun interrupted her with a wave of a talon. "Please continue."

"Very well… my squad got too close and it corrupted them. They turned on me and I fled, but not before they shot me. I managed to limp to a cave to hide, but they would have found me. Then Einar appeared; he… had to kill them, as he had to kill that other dragon, but when he found me, he realized I hadn't been possessed and healed me."

Aysun nodded quietly once she had finished, tying off the last of the bandages.
"I'm sorry to hear about your squadron," she murmured. Heleen shook her head.

"What has happened cannot be changed."

"Indeed," she murmured in reply. "Though it's curious… my story is not too different from your own."

"Is it?" the centaur asked, surprised. Aysun didn't respond immediately, focusing on washing her hands with a distant expression.

"... I had also been attacked by the Evil," she murmured. Motioning toward the resting dragons, she continued, "That was when they found me."

"I thought- I suppose I assumed you were their hired guide," Heleen admitted.

"Understandable," the Raptorik shrugged. She shook again and buried her face in her talons a moment, then straightened back up to speak. "My original clients wished to see some of the old ruins. I tried to warn them about what may lay there, but they did not listen. Or they could not understand; I have yet to learn much Draconic. Either way, it… swallowed them. I barely managed to survive."

"How terrible," Heleen murmured sympathetically. Aysun took a steadying breath.

"But these dragons…" she said at length, looking at the massive forms that were clustered close by. "They are… much different than I expected. Different than the stories my flock elders used to tell me, anyway."

"They are," the centaur agreed, following her gaze. Her eyes rested on the lithe blue and red Spiral and his Fae mate.

"I can almost understand why Serhat is so enamored with them," Aysun mused. True enough, the other Raptorik seemed to enjoy the dragons' company quite a lot, particularly the Snapper with many eyes. Heleen herself was put off enough by the sheer amount of teeth and claws she was surrounded by that those many eyes became too much, though the dragon themself seemed kindly.

A commotion suddenly arose in the middle of camp and the great beasts began flying about (literally and figuratively) gathering cloth to place on the ground. Heleen and Aysun startled to their feet at the confusion and were soon joined by Serhat.

"What's happening?" Aysun asked him hurriedly.

He smiled at her, answering, "Blithe's and Capricious's eggs are hatching. Come! We should watch."

Aysun exchanged a glance with Heleen, looking slightly dubious but following after him regardless. The Raptorik were both small enough to slip through between the legs of the larger creatures, but Heleen had to find a better way to squeeze in for a view. The two golden eggs were glowing with an incredible intensity that magnified until it was blinding. Many of the figures flinched away as she did to shield their eyes before the light vanished and they all chanced a look back. In the blankets now wriggled two new Fae dragons.
dragon?age=0&body=158&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=35&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=160&auth=458a603acd7159b345dbe0df14f2d28075206bcd&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=115&bodygene=25&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=153&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=170&auth=bbb8e605adfdc8bcb03dc128436e5f861b671b57&dummyext=prev.png
Smallest of the dragon species aside, Heleen was astonished to see just how tiny they really were. Not even close to the size of a newborn foal. She watched as the hatchlings' parents picked up them up and cleaned the egg gunk off of them and the others cooed and chatted overhead.

"What are they saying?" Aysun asked Serhat, her curiosity evident. Heleen could tell she was as intrigued by the scene as she was. "What are they, and what are they naming them?"

"Patience," he chastised her, though with a jaunty air, clearly caught up in the euphoria. "They hatched a boy and a girl; Reverie is the boy, and… Hope is the girl."

"Odd names for dragons," Aysun thought aloud.

"Fitting, if you ask me," Serhat replied mildly. With a shake of his head, he added, "With all they have been through, this joy they've been given is sorely needed."

Aysun furrowed her brows at him thoughtfully and asked, “You mean because of what happened this past week?”

“Not just that,” he mumbled, watching as the hatchlings were shown around even to the large Foo and little zeeba who sniffed at them inquisitively. Aysun nudged him, giving him a look like she wasn’t satisfied with that answer.

“Will you tell us?” she asked pointedly, including Heleen by proxy. When the other Raptorik looked at her, the centaur motioned to him encouragingly. He sighed and leaned on his staff.

“It is a lengthy tale, and I do not know all of it, but… I suppose I could share what I do know,” he consented, folding under Aysun’s intense gaze. Heleen would have been surprised if he had said no; in just the few days she’d travelled with them, she recognized the way he stared at Aysun. Not that Aysun seemed to have noticed.

The dragons finally broke apart and began moving to clean up the quick camp so they could walk until sunset. Serhat, true to his word, began to tell her and Aysun all that he had witnessed of the Shadowbound since his first meeting them. It was a lengthy tale indeed; and yet, Heleen couldn’t help but feel like there was so much more to the story that she did not yet know.
Ash Logs
I like writing from Heleen's perspective. Why? I dunno, Heleen is just fun. Also we finally get some personality from Aysun.
Also introducing my personal headcanon that the Beastclans all have both their own language per faction and a shared language that they all know to communicate with each other. That would be what Heleen, Aysun, and Serhat are speaking in up above rather than Centaurian or the Raptorik language. I don't think I actually mentioned it in the post, so I thought I'd talk about it down here in the comments.

Aaand hatch day! And they both survived the coin flip!! Looks like Erebos was right after all~. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to name one of the hatchlings "Hope" just because it seemed to obvious, but then again, it seems like a very Blithe and Capricious sort of thing to do. So viola.
... Though I will say that Hope's colors are... ouch. Reverie's colors aren't so bad- actually. Looking at him, he looks like RNG mashed both Mosey and Clarion together. That's kinda... cool? I dunno, I like him in an odd way.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x2
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter

@Eversnow Female Fae necks are a thing to be feared. Seriously.
AYY they both lived :D
much good, much excite!! <3
Also I like Heleen's perspective. It's so interesting to read about the BeastClans like that - actually AS one. x3
I 'hope' Hope's colors can be saved with genes. ...Get it? Hope? I hope?.. ugh, really not a good pun.
AYY they both lived :D
much good, much excite!! <3
Also I like Heleen's perspective. It's so interesting to read about the BeastClans like that - actually AS one. x3
I 'hope' Hope's colors can be saved with genes. ...Get it? Hope? I hope?.. ugh, really not a good pun.
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
Hope looks fantastic with peacock as her tert, by the way! I would post the scry, but I'm on mobile
Hope looks fantastic with peacock as her tert, by the way! I would post the scry, but I'm on mobile
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
I am so so happy they both survived! What a joyous day! I love the names you gave them, they are so fitting and very representative of the outlook moving forwards! I also loved seeing a chapter from the beastclans point of view!!!
I am so so happy they both survived! What a joyous day! I love the names you gave them, they are so fitting and very representative of the outlook moving forwards! I also loved seeing a chapter from the beastclans point of view!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Ooh, can I be added to the pinglist? I just read through, Vivace and Zunmonah's deaths actually made me tear up irl. if anything happens bladebeak i'm going to have Words with pinkerton
Ooh, can I be added to the pinglist? I just read through, Vivace and Zunmonah's deaths actually made me tear up irl. if anything happens bladebeak i'm going to have Words with pinkerton

Black Hainu Collar » radio
» he - they
» fr +2 (cst)
» mirror rights
» zephon (wishlist)
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
[b][i]Day One Hundred Forty One:[/i][/b] [center][item=burnished filigree helmet] [i]SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-[/i] So Amosis and Ehsan are ready to breed, but as I only had 1 space available in the 'locke to be filled, I didn't want to have to kill off all but one of their potential offspring. So instead, I bought a G1 since I actually haven't done so since June. [i]To be revealed later, huhuhu...[/i][/center] ----- [b][i]Day One Hundred Forty Two:[/i][/b] [center][item=fissure crawdad] Rolled Ehsan, Bladebeak, and Einar. Nothing nefarious happened, thankfully. Einar grew to level 7. Bladebeak is now level 9. Now something I wanted to mention today is that I'm going to change up the format of the thread a little. I've kind of felt bad pinging you guys EVERY day, so from now on, I'm just going to ping for [u]creative[/u] days (writing and art). In between, there will be posts like this one except without pings, but I still want the items there as reference. It's honestly not that big of a deal, but I wanted to do this because before, I felt pressured to write for major things like new dragons, death streaks (and other deaths), nestings, etc ON the days to avoid unintentional spoilers for readers. As you all know, this resulted in a looot of writing. I wasn't bothered by it at first, but as I had mentioned before, I am getting a little burned out and I don't want to stop this 'locke, by any means. So by doing it this way, I have more time to write up something I'm happy with that works with all the plot I've already written. I'll also try formatting some better navigation between creative posts so they're more easily found, but that's going to require some effort and I doubt I'll do it overnight, lol. So anyway. Rambling over. TLDR; I'm only pinging for CREATIVE posts from now on. The 'locke will go on, but you just won't be pinged every day! ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @Eversnow @RadioReprise I'll get you added right away! Welcome aboard! Don't worry, I've legit cried over these pixel dragons.
Day One Hundred Forty One:
Burnished Filigree Helmet
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
So Amosis and Ehsan are ready to breed, but as I only had 1 space available in the 'locke to be filled, I didn't want to have to kill off all but one of their potential offspring. So instead, I bought a G1 since I actually haven't done so since June.
To be revealed later, huhuhu...

Day One Hundred Forty Two:
Fissure Crawdad
Rolled Ehsan, Bladebeak, and Einar.

Nothing nefarious happened, thankfully.

Einar grew to level 7.
Bladebeak is now level 9.

Now something I wanted to mention today is that I'm going to change up the format of the thread a little. I've kind of felt bad pinging you guys EVERY day, so from now on, I'm just going to ping for creative days (writing and art). In between, there will be posts like this one except without pings, but I still want the items there as reference.
It's honestly not that big of a deal, but I wanted to do this because before, I felt pressured to write for major things like new dragons, death streaks (and other deaths), nestings, etc ON the days to avoid unintentional spoilers for readers. As you all know, this resulted in a looot of writing. I wasn't bothered by it at first, but as I had mentioned before, I am getting a little burned out and I don't want to stop this 'locke, by any means. So by doing it this way, I have more time to write up something I'm happy with that works with all the plot I've already written.
I'll also try formatting some better navigation between creative posts so they're more easily found, but that's going to require some effort and I doubt I'll do it overnight, lol.

So anyway. Rambling over.
TLDR; I'm only pinging for CREATIVE posts from now on. The 'locke will go on, but you just won't be pinged every day!
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @Eversnow

@RadioReprise I'll get you added right away! Welcome aboard! Don't worry, I've legit cried over these pixel dragons.
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 88 89