Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TC] Cursed Dice Dungeon Crawl - [Ended]
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 57 58
Username: fidothehoarder
Day of the week: Thursday
Choice: A

Pinecones seemed to have worked before - let's see if they're still effective!
Username: fidothehoarder

Pinecones seemed to have worked before - let's see if they're still effective!
5hXmmlV.gif

[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45942844] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/459429/45942844.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][indent]Veris finds himself in an unknown place and starts to search the area.[/indent][/columns] [size=2][@GrinningFox That is, if it's still possible to join for the last days - I know I'm terribly late... ;v;][/size]

45942844.png
Veris finds himself in an unknown place and starts to search the area.

[@GrinningFox That is, if it's still possible to join for the last days - I know I'm terribly late... ;v;]
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
Username: Nargeorgicorn
Day: Thursday
Roleplay:

Wobbling a bit atop the gears of the door, Crystalline finally managed to open the shape in the ceiling, pushing through into the attic beyond. The dice on the floor was suspicious looking, but Crys picked it up just to be safe; maybe it'd come in handy later.
As soon as he did, he noticed a huge set of double doors and trotted over to them. "What is it with this place and big doors?" he muttered, as he cautiously opened them, wincing as they creaked loudly. Still mumbling under his breath, he looked up -- and froze. In front of him was the largest golem he'd ever seen, looming over him with glowing eyes, and slowly reaching towards him.
Crys sprung into action -- he had some shimmering pinecones in his bag, maybe he could distract it? He threw them to the side and hoped their glow would be enough to keep the creature's attention away from him as he made a grab for its helmet. That was how these things were defeated, right? He certainly hoped so -- if not, he was in deep shade.
Username: Nargeorgicorn
Day: Thursday
Roleplay:

Wobbling a bit atop the gears of the door, Crystalline finally managed to open the shape in the ceiling, pushing through into the attic beyond. The dice on the floor was suspicious looking, but Crys picked it up just to be safe; maybe it'd come in handy later.
As soon as he did, he noticed a huge set of double doors and trotted over to them. "What is it with this place and big doors?" he muttered, as he cautiously opened them, wincing as they creaked loudly. Still mumbling under his breath, he looked up -- and froze. In front of him was the largest golem he'd ever seen, looming over him with glowing eyes, and slowly reaching towards him.
Crys sprung into action -- he had some shimmering pinecones in his bag, maybe he could distract it? He threw them to the side and hoped their glow would be enough to keep the creature's attention away from him as he made a grab for its helmet. That was how these things were defeated, right? He certainly hoped so -- if not, he was in deep shade.
Apparently I didn't receive a ping for the next part of the adventure. ^^? I think I figured out which post you should have pinged me to, though, thanks to the other players' answers. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. ^^; Username: Katsuokai Day of the week: Thursday Choice: a Roleplay: [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14969459] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/149695/14969459.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]Unknown | Arcane Wizard | Chaotic Neutral Unknown is bewildered, he didn't know that following The Shadowbinder would bring him to some cursed dungeon with magical objects everywhere. He asks Gloomwillow if they know anything about this, and the answer he receives is that The Shadowbinder and her kin are known for playing tricks, so this could just be a harmless game, but they're not sure.[/columns] If they really saw The Shadowbinder in the Tangled Woods, which they most certainly did - 'cause the magic she emanated was unlike any other, then it would truly be wise to not upset The Shadowbinder and play the game by her rules. But why had they been taken with her? Was it 'cause she noticed they were following her? Sadly, Gloomwillow isn't of much help - having grown up in The Starwood Forest, they only know of folktales, myths, and stories told among their fellow Gloomwillow Guides about their home forest. Unknown is displeased, his Arcane Magic doesn't seem to properly work here, and as much as he's used to dungeons and dangerous missions, the dice in front of him in this room makes him wary. He can't help but think about what happened last time [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/35#post_34493781]he touched a cursed item[/url] in The Shifting Emporium, and he's not willing to run that risk again. He studies the scattered dice on the floor for a while, he can sense Shadow Magic emanating from them; are they cursed, or harmless? The tile mosaic on the floor depicts an image of The Shadowbinder, so this could be a clue. For some reason the amethyst he picked up earlier begins to pulsate in his claw, and he's temporarily teleported to The Tangled Wood, without Gloomwllow, just to be back in the same room again. ''That item must be a teleporter!'' Gloomwillow says to to him telephatically as soon as he's back in the room, which leads him to experiment for a while. For how long can he remain in another location? Apparently not for long, not at all long enough to escape or call for help as the teleporter isn't too exact and won't let him go anywhere he wants to, the only places it seems to let him willingly visit is The Tangle Woods, and his room back at the Clan, and of course, any place the whims of the amethyst decides, but it is enough to stock up on some goods in whichever location he ends up in. The amethyst don't appear to teleport back all the items he tries to pick up in his room, though, so he reaches the conclusion that if this is a game, he has to play by the rules - whichever those rules are, and not try to cheat the game. He thinks hard while clutching the amethyst that he wants to go somewhere useful, somewhere that will help him find items that wards him and Gloomwillow against harm if the dice are cursed, maybe somewhere else in his Clan. This time the amethyst starts glowing, but does not transport him anywhere, instead ten Glittering Sphinxband rings appears in his claw, and he decides to put them on, one ring on each finger. Now, he has no other choice but to pick up a die and see what happens next... . [u][b]Next post: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2637627/44#post_37946390]X[/url][/b][/u]
Apparently I didn't receive a ping for the next part of the adventure. ^^? I think I figured out which post you should have pinged me to, though, thanks to the other players' answers. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. ^^;

Username: Katsuokai
Choice: a
Roleplay:

14969459.png
Unknown | Arcane Wizard | Chaotic Neutral

Unknown is bewildered, he didn't know that following The Shadowbinder would bring him to some cursed dungeon with magical objects everywhere. He asks Gloomwillow if they know anything about this, and the answer he receives is that The Shadowbinder and her kin are known for playing tricks, so this could just be a harmless game, but they're not sure.

If they really saw The Shadowbinder in the Tangled Woods, which they most certainly did - 'cause the magic she emanated was unlike any other, then it would truly be wise to not upset The Shadowbinder and play the game by her rules. But why had they been taken with her? Was it 'cause she noticed they were following her?

Sadly, Gloomwillow isn't of much help - having grown up in The Starwood Forest, they only know of folktales, myths, and stories told among their fellow Gloomwillow Guides about their home forest.

Unknown is displeased, his Arcane Magic doesn't seem to properly work here, and as much as he's used to dungeons and dangerous missions, the dice in front of him in this room makes him wary. He can't help but think about what happened last time he touched a cursed item in The Shifting Emporium, and he's not willing to run that risk again.

He studies the scattered dice on the floor for a while, he can sense Shadow Magic emanating from them; are they cursed, or harmless? The tile mosaic on the floor depicts an image of The Shadowbinder, so this could be a clue.

For some reason the amethyst he picked up earlier begins to pulsate in his claw, and he's temporarily teleported to The Tangled Wood, without Gloomwllow, just to be back in the same room again. ''That item must be a teleporter!'' Gloomwillow says to to him telephatically as soon as he's back in the room, which leads him to experiment for a while. For how long can he remain in another location?

Apparently not for long, not at all long enough to escape or call for help as the teleporter isn't too exact and won't let him go anywhere he wants to, the only places it seems to let him willingly visit is The Tangle Woods, and his room back at the Clan, and of course, any place the whims of the amethyst decides, but it is enough to stock up on some goods in whichever location he ends up in.

The amethyst don't appear to teleport back all the items he tries to pick up in his room, though, so he reaches the conclusion that if this is a game, he has to play by the rules - whichever those rules are, and not try to cheat the game.

He thinks hard while clutching the amethyst that he wants to go somewhere useful, somewhere that will help him find items that wards him and Gloomwillow against harm if the dice are cursed, maybe somewhere else in his Clan. This time the amethyst starts glowing, but does not transport him anywhere, instead ten Glittering Sphinxband rings appears in his claw, and he decides to put them on, one ring on each finger. Now, he has no other choice but to pick up a die and see what happens next... .

Next post: X
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
Username: Kawaiicoco789
Roleplay:
Username: Kawaiicoco789
Roleplay:
ECeGDpi.pngph0123G.pngIaHb53W.pngHSEbsDv.pngx4TL4Xt.pnge3Z9Lam.pngkudFXa0.pngwSEhN14.pnghMGipS8.png
Username: XilusWeb Day of the week: Thursday Choice: A Roleplay: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23426593] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/234266/23426593_350.png[/img] [/url] As is common with Galeru's "plans", this wasn't very well thought out. He had set his weapons down to open the cage and ended up having to leave them behind.. he'll be cleaning Pythagoras' armory for the next month [i]at least[/i]. No time to worry about that though! He's found Her! It's time to leave this weird place for good. All it takes is a push of a button.. or not. Although he doesn't want to share his snacks, it's better than becoming one.
Username: XilusWeb
Roleplay:

23426593_350.png

As is common with Galeru's "plans", this wasn't very well thought out. He had set his weapons down to open the cage and ended up having to leave them behind.. he'll be cleaning Pythagoras' armory for the next month at least. No time to worry about that though!

He's found Her! It's time to leave this weird place for good. All it takes is a push of a button.. or not. Although he doesn't want to share his snacks, it's better than becoming one.
Username: Disillusionist Day of the week: Thursday Choice: b Roleplay: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49618731] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=29&bodygene=18&breed=9&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=116&tertgene=12&winggene=23&wings=149&auth=33c56bb1b3c82a8ef25988c611f117bf6715263a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] "EEEEEEEEEEE" Butcher lets out a freaky little high-pitched screech. He bounces away from the golem's hand and rolls off to the side, trying to get around it. He doesn't know how, but he's going to steal that helmet! It is a [i]very[/i] nice-looking helmet. [emoji=heart]
Username: Disillusionist
Choice: b
Roleplay: "EEEEEEEEEEE" Butcher lets out a freaky little high-pitched screech. He bounces away from the golem's hand and rolls off to the side, trying to get around it. He doesn't know how, but he's going to steal that helmet! It is a very nice-looking helmet.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
ColonelMarian
Thursday
Option: looking in my hoard for an onyx idol!
ColonelMarian
Thursday
Option: looking in my hoard for an onyx idol!
Username: RemanLT Day of the week: Thursday Choice: A Roleplay: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29032161] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/290322/29032161_350.png[/img] [/url] Clearly, this creature wasn't as easily scared as the previous one, as Nightshade soon found herself under attack. Frantically, she made a dash for the open door, slamming it shut behind her and weaving a spell of locking to seal it. Hopefully she would be able to find another way out, as she wasn't eager to face off against that monster again. She was a mage, not a fighter! Nightshade took a moment to study the room she now found herself in, and she soon spotted a four-sided die floating above a lever. Oddly enough, though, when she reached out to take it, she found herself pulling the lever, almost as if something had compelled her to do it. How odd. The Imperial decided to hold onto the die for now. Maybe it would be of some value if she ever got out of this place. Whatever the case, pulling the lever had caused a pair of giant doors to open, and there, locked in the biggest cage of all, was the Shadowbinder. Once again, Nightshade found herself trembling in the presence of one of the Eleven. "Sh- Sh- Shadowbinder!" she yelped, nearly tripping over herself as she quickly bowed down in reverence. No, this wasn't the Arcanist, but the Imperial knew to show some respect to a goddess, especially during their festival! "How... how did you end up trapped in here? Ah... hold on, let me get you out of there!" Wordlessly, the Shadowbinder gestured towards a nearby button, and lacking any better ideas, Nightshade pressed it. Sure enough, the cage doors slowly slid open, but as the Shadowbinder emerged, she was followed by countless tiny creatures. Nightshade didn't know what they were, but they didn't seem too friendly. Fortunately, she'd brought a few snacks along, and she quickly threw them at the creatures. "Here! Munch on these instead!" she yelled. Well, she'd found the Shadowbinder. Now it was time to try and locate an escape route!
Username: RemanLT
Roleplay:

29032161_350.png

Clearly, this creature wasn't as easily scared as the previous one, as Nightshade soon found herself under attack. Frantically, she made a dash for the open door, slamming it shut behind her and weaving a spell of locking to seal it. Hopefully she would be able to find another way out, as she wasn't eager to face off against that monster again. She was a mage, not a fighter!

Nightshade took a moment to study the room she now found herself in, and she soon spotted a four-sided die floating above a lever. Oddly enough, though, when she reached out to take it, she found herself pulling the lever, almost as if something had compelled her to do it. How odd. The Imperial decided to hold onto the die for now. Maybe it would be of some value if she ever got out of this place.

Whatever the case, pulling the lever had caused a pair of giant doors to open, and there, locked in the biggest cage of all, was the Shadowbinder. Once again, Nightshade found herself trembling in the presence of one of the Eleven. "Sh- Sh- Shadowbinder!" she yelped, nearly tripping over herself as she quickly bowed down in reverence. No, this wasn't the Arcanist, but the Imperial knew to show some respect to a goddess, especially during their festival! "How... how did you end up trapped in here? Ah... hold on, let me get you out of there!"

Wordlessly, the Shadowbinder gestured towards a nearby button, and lacking any better ideas, Nightshade pressed it. Sure enough, the cage doors slowly slid open, but as the Shadowbinder emerged, she was followed by countless tiny creatures. Nightshade didn't know what they were, but they didn't seem too friendly.

Fortunately, she'd brought a few snacks along, and she quickly threw them at the creatures. "Here! Munch on these instead!" she yelled. Well, she'd found the Shadowbinder. Now it was time to try and locate an escape route!
xpP2XdL.png
Username: Stanzascale Day of the week: Thursday Choice: A Roleplay: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=812948][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/8130/812948p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=812950][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/8130/812950p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zm9cim6xw0oxgcb/shadowmidsmall2.png[/img][/center] The die quickly caught the two Skydancers' attention. It seemed a bizarre thing to find in a dungeon, but it was true that such things were favoured tokens of the Shadowbinder. Kellmite reached out and jumped when it disappeared. After a few moments, he started tapping over the table and at the floor under and around it, in case it had turned invisible and rolled off. Meanwhile, Eada turned to watch a set of doors open, seemingly in response to the die being interacted with. The next room presents them with what looked to be the full set of divine dice. Kellmite quickly forgot about the possible invisible die and was drawn to take a closer look, but Eada called out before he could get too close. “I'm pretty sure those're magic. Whoever they are, it's best to be careful when touching someone else's magic belongings. Is there anything in the charm bag that'll help?” “I'll take a look!” Eada tossed him the amethyst and after a short while Kellmite reappeared. Apparently the warp back had caught him by surprise as a handful of rings and a couple of amulets scattered to the floor. The striped Skydancer spotted a few rings already on her brother's fingers. “Found something? Here, let me tidy up while you finish getting ready.” Kellmite nodded and gave the amethyst back. He then focussed on hunting specific rings to add to the set he was putting on. Eada carefully gathered up the rest of the charms, paused to admire the mosaic, and then went to return the items.
Username: Stanzascale
Roleplay:
812948p.png812950p.png
shadowmidsmall2.png

The die quickly caught the two Skydancers' attention. It seemed a bizarre thing to find in a dungeon, but it was true that such things were favoured tokens of the Shadowbinder. Kellmite reached out and jumped when it disappeared. After a few moments, he started tapping over the table and at the floor under and around it, in case it had turned invisible and rolled off. Meanwhile, Eada turned to watch a set of doors open, seemingly in response to the die being interacted with.

The next room presents them with what looked to be the full set of divine dice. Kellmite quickly forgot about the possible invisible die and was drawn to take a closer look, but Eada called out before he could get too close.
“I'm pretty sure those're magic. Whoever they are, it's best to be careful when touching someone else's magic belongings. Is there anything in the charm bag that'll help?”
“I'll take a look!” Eada tossed him the amethyst and after a short while Kellmite reappeared. Apparently the warp back had caught him by surprise as a handful of rings and a couple of amulets scattered to the floor. The striped Skydancer spotted a few rings already on her brother's fingers.
“Found something? Here, let me tidy up while you finish getting ready.”
Kellmite nodded and gave the amethyst back. He then focussed on hunting specific rings to add to the set he was putting on. Eada carefully gathered up the rest of the charms, paused to admire the mosaic, and then went to return the items.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 57 58