Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TC] Cursed Dice Dungeon Crawl - [Ended]
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 57 58
Username: HermitQueen Day of the week: Friday Choice: a Roleplay: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30045934] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/300460/30045934_350.png[/img] [/url] The heavy gauntleted hand of the iron golem swung through empty space as Fortuna ducked at the last second, surging forward past its knees. As the golem recovered its balance and began to turn to face her again, she readied herself for a fight, thinking frantically back on golem lore. She didn't have her bestiary tucked into her mantle, and anyway pulling it out now would probably be a mistake. But she had read the volume cover to cover, searching for information which would be useful in her divinations, and as the golem moved forward again she remembered with a snap of her talons what the bestiary had to say about golems. [i]The Golem, no matter the form, always adheres to the instructions written upon its head.[/i] She ducked another swipe and backed up a step, digging now in her mantle for the infinitely useful currency she had brought with her on a hunch [i]Destroy the instructions - the word - and disable the Golem.[/i] The golem lumbered forward, its heavy iron leg causing the floor to shake. Fortuna recited a prayer for luck in hurried breath and scattered a handful of pinecones across the floor in front of her. The golem regarded this new threat to its chamber with blue eyes glowing like a hot cooking fire as Fortuna beat her wings in a few powerful strokes to rise into the air. It bent its great head to the floor, swiping at a pinecone with a dull furnace roar as she snatched the helmet from its head, preparing to strike at its forehead. Instead of retaliating, though, it ground to a stop, the glow in its eyes. Fortuna blinked at its head, then at the inside of its helmet, where a single runic word was scored into the metal. Oh. That wasn't so bad.
Username: HermitQueen
Day of the week: Friday
Choice: a
Roleplay:

30045934_350.png

The heavy gauntleted hand of the iron golem swung through empty space as Fortuna ducked at the last second, surging forward past its knees. As the golem recovered its balance and began to turn to face her again, she readied herself for a fight, thinking frantically back on golem lore. She didn't have her bestiary tucked into her mantle, and anyway pulling it out now would probably be a mistake. But she had read the volume cover to cover, searching for information which would be useful in her divinations, and as the golem moved forward again she remembered with a snap of her talons what the bestiary had to say about golems.

The Golem, no matter the form, always adheres to the instructions written upon its head.

She ducked another swipe and backed up a step, digging now in her mantle for the infinitely useful currency she had brought with her on a hunch

Destroy the instructions - the word - and disable the Golem.

The golem lumbered forward, its heavy iron leg causing the floor to shake. Fortuna recited a prayer for luck in hurried breath and scattered a handful of pinecones across the floor in front of her. The golem regarded this new threat to its chamber with blue eyes glowing like a hot cooking fire as Fortuna beat her wings in a few powerful strokes to rise into the air. It bent its great head to the floor, swiping at a pinecone with a dull furnace roar as she snatched the helmet from its head, preparing to strike at its forehead.

Instead of retaliating, though, it ground to a stop, the glow in its eyes. Fortuna blinked at its head, then at the inside of its helmet, where a single runic word was scored into the metal. Oh. That wasn't so bad.
ihnH8up.gif6Fwt9Qr.gifGzcFsWh.pngeyN8I1X.pngbQKGQbx.png2Sk1P4I.pngsI00yXg.pnguqy4kxw.pngjhCg38E.pngJt6lqqi.pngFQImNyF.pngPLWN0OT.pngepj60xB.pngVJVSD3w.png

kiaA7JS.pngPCY3lKO.png

tumblr_inline_n5l9g8PXIs1scrvs1.png

2Hq3gFt.png
Username: GuardianDragonak Day of the week: Friday Choice: a Roleplay: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45306097] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/453061/45306097_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Lune eyed the room and the dice warily. She wasn't one to believe in charms- actually she was. Her village had plenty of them, what sort of clanmate would she be if she didn't believe in them at least somewhat? Plus she mayyyybe collected sphinxbands... She left most of the bands in her satchel, but took out a couple, just in case...
Username: GuardianDragonak
Choice: a
Roleplay: Lune eyed the room and the dice warily. She wasn't one to believe in charms- actually she was. Her village had plenty of them, what sort of clanmate would she be if she didn't believe in them at least somewhat?
Plus she mayyyybe collected sphinxbands...
She left most of the bands in her satchel, but took out a couple, just in case...
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
[b]Username:[/b] Katsuokai [b]Day of the week:[/b] Friday [b]Choice:[/b] b [b]Roleplay:[/b] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14969459] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/149695/14969459.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]Unknown | Arcane Wizard | Chaotic Neutral Nothing seems to happen after picking up one die, so he picks up two more, and just as he does so in front of him a long-haired grey cat appears. It seems friendly enough, and even pads up to Unknown. Both Gloomwillow and Unknown are about to pet them, but they grab one of the die from his claw, and suddenly, the dice in his claw and in the cat's mouth begin to glow, as well as the cat's eyes which soon blinds them with a bright white light and then engulf them in shadows.[/columns] Before they have time to react, Unknown and Gloomwillow have appeared in another, seemingly teleported by the cat, the dice now gone from Unknown's claw. They both look around the room, when Gloomwillow points out a floating die over a lever. Unknown decides to inspect him, but his claw seems to have a mind of its own and pulls down the lever. Unknown feels a rush of panic, this will be like The Shifting Emporium catastrophe all over again, but his body has a will of its own, the room commands him to do as it says, even if he can't hear a voice telling him what to do. Gloomwillow seems unaffected, maybe their Shadow heritage keeps them safe from any negative effects. The lever pulled open a pair of doors for them, where once they walk in are greeted with a most ominous presence encased in an incredibly large cage. In the cage, The Shadowbinder Herself greets them, shadows surrounding Her despite the brightness of the room. She gestures towards a red button by Unknown's side, as if commanding him to push it. He momentarily fights back against his body's movements, he tries to gain some time to think, even if it's just a few seconds. When in dire need, even Unknown can communicate telepathically with Gloomwillow thanks to their strong bond, he tells them that he does not know what to do, he can't fight a Deity! It's too much for a mere dragon like him. Gloomwillow does their best to reassur their now panicking friend - The Shadowbinder likes tricks and games, and this seems like a game in which they much play along - they can't disrespect a Deity. So whatever happens, they both should play along and see where it leads them. He calms down enough to be able to think properly, time is of the matter 'cause as soon as he lets go he ends up pushing the red button and dozens of small skittering critters crawling down from the ceiling fill the room, while the cage enclosing The Shadowbinder opens, with Her emerging from it. While Gloomwillow flies around the room in an attempt to distract the horde of creatures, Unknown remembers that he still has the purple amethyst. The only thought on his mind right now is that while he understands that he must play the game, he can't fight a Deity, and who knows how many of these skittering vermin will fill the room to attack them. Hopefully the amethyst can give him something to help him fight back, 'cause he's not sure if his Arcane Magic will work now during a battle; would the dungeon let him use his magic? The amethyst seems to listen to his wish, and he ends up summoning a Shadowbinder Onyx Idol with a spell he has never used before that replaces The Shadowbinder with the Idol. He's astonished, but the fight isn't over... . They have to get out of here alive, no matter what. What happened last time in the Emporium won't happen again, he can't let that happen again... Gloomwillow, everyone, deserves better. [u][b]Next post: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2637627/56#post_37972296]X[/url][/b][/u]
Username: Katsuokai
Choice: b
Roleplay:

14969459.png
Unknown | Arcane Wizard | Chaotic Neutral

Nothing seems to happen after picking up one die, so he picks up two more, and just as he does so in front of him a long-haired grey cat appears. It seems friendly enough, and even pads up to Unknown. Both Gloomwillow and Unknown are about to pet them, but they grab one of the die from his claw, and suddenly, the dice in his claw and in the cat's mouth begin to glow, as well as the cat's eyes which soon blinds them with a bright white light and then engulf them in shadows.

Before they have time to react, Unknown and Gloomwillow have appeared in another, seemingly teleported by the cat, the dice now gone from Unknown's claw. They both look around the room, when Gloomwillow points out a floating die over a lever. Unknown decides to inspect him, but his claw seems to have a mind of its own and pulls down the lever.

Unknown feels a rush of panic, this will be like The Shifting Emporium catastrophe all over again, but his body has a will of its own, the room commands him to do as it says, even if he can't hear a voice telling him what to do. Gloomwillow seems unaffected, maybe their Shadow heritage keeps them safe from any negative effects.

The lever pulled open a pair of doors for them, where once they walk in are greeted with a most ominous presence encased in an incredibly large cage. In the cage, The Shadowbinder Herself greets them, shadows surrounding Her despite the brightness of the room. She gestures towards a red button by Unknown's side, as if commanding him to push it. He momentarily fights back against his body's movements, he tries to gain some time to think, even if it's just a few seconds.

When in dire need, even Unknown can communicate telepathically with Gloomwillow thanks to their strong bond, he tells them that he does not know what to do, he can't fight a Deity! It's too much for a mere dragon like him.

Gloomwillow does their best to reassur their now panicking friend - The Shadowbinder likes tricks and games, and this seems like a game in which they much play along - they can't disrespect a Deity. So whatever happens, they both should play along and see where it leads them.

He calms down enough to be able to think properly, time is of the matter 'cause as soon as he lets go he ends up pushing the red button and dozens of small skittering critters crawling down from the ceiling fill the room, while the cage enclosing The Shadowbinder opens, with Her emerging from it.

While Gloomwillow flies around the room in an attempt to distract the horde of creatures, Unknown remembers that he still has the purple amethyst. The only thought on his mind right now is that while he understands that he must play the game, he can't fight a Deity, and who knows how many of these skittering vermin will fill the room to attack them. Hopefully the amethyst can give him something to help him fight back, 'cause he's not sure if his Arcane Magic will work now during a battle; would the dungeon let him use his magic?

The amethyst seems to listen to his wish, and he ends up summoning a Shadowbinder Onyx Idol with a spell he has never used before that replaces The Shadowbinder with the Idol.

He's astonished, but the fight isn't over... . They have to get out of here alive, no matter what. What happened last time in the Emporium won't happen again, he can't let that happen again... Gloomwillow, everyone, deserves better.

Next post: X
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
Username: tigressRising Day of the week: Friday Choice: B Roleplay: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15935751] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/159358/15935751_350.png[/img] [/url] Coppice couldn't believe her eyes - the real Shadowbinder, right here, trapped in a cage? But there was no time to gongoozle. She quickly pulled the level to free the Shadowbinder, but the strange shadowy creatures surrounding them were already moving - possibly to recapture Shadowbinder and Coppice as well? Coppice knew that she would have to distract the creatures somehow if they were to escape. She tossed a Shadowbinder Onyx Idol, hoping that its resemblance to the deity would be enough to fool them.
Username: tigressRising
Choice: B
Roleplay:

15935751_350.png

Coppice couldn't believe her eyes - the real Shadowbinder, right here, trapped in a cage? But there was no time to gongoozle. She quickly pulled the level to free the Shadowbinder, but the strange shadowy creatures surrounding them were already moving - possibly to recapture Shadowbinder and Coppice as well? Coppice knew that she would have to distract the creatures somehow if they were to escape. She tossed a Shadowbinder Onyx Idol, hoping that its resemblance to the deity would be enough to fool them.
Na5WGHa.png
name: Haudren
day: friday
option: b
name: Haudren
day: friday
option: b
Username:SammySepticEye
Day of the Week: Thursday (Thursday's post)
Choice:B

(Sorry for being gone, I had to go away for a little while and didn't have my laptop with me ><)
Username:SammySepticEye
Day of the Week: Thursday (Thursday's post)
Choice:B

(Sorry for being gone, I had to go away for a little while and didn't have my laptop with me ><)
trico_sprite_small.png
?VS8ts=platform.png
Username: LavenderAmethyst
Username: LavenderAmethyst
Username: wetdog15
Choice: (letter) A
Roleplay: (optional)
Username: wetdog15
Choice: (letter) A
Roleplay: (optional)
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
Username: Welgan Day of the week: Friday Choice: B Roleplay : (sorry today has been busy too, can't post recap ><) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43290565] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/432906/43290565_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Wait what ? Pinecones worked ? [/i] thought Latheilen while she was wrapped over another place, the helmet in her hands being replaced by the D8. Then things went quickly. [i]Shadowbinder ? Dice ? .... I need that four sided dice. Urgh - I hate creeping tings... quick - think of something ! [/i] Latheilen, [i]confused, out of nowhere[/i] : I cast hum... conjure Divine Image ! The little idol appeared in the cage. [i].... Not... quite... was I was expecting but... he , maybe they're stupid. [/i]
Username: Welgan
Choice: B
Roleplay : (sorry today has been busy too, can't post recap ><)

43290565_350.png

Wait what ? Pinecones worked ? thought Latheilen while she was wrapped over another place, the helmet in her hands being replaced by the D8.

Then things went quickly.

Shadowbinder ? Dice ?
.... I need that four sided dice.
Urgh - I hate creeping tings... quick - think of something !

Latheilen, confused, out of nowhere : I cast hum... conjure Divine Image !

The little idol appeared in the cage.

.... Not... quite... was I was expecting but... he , maybe they're stupid.

hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
Username: Stanzascale Day of the week: Friday Choice: A Roleplay: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=812948][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/8130/812948p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=812950][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/8130/812950p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zm9cim6xw0oxgcb/shadowmidsmall2.png[/img][/center] Nothing untoward seemed to affect Kellmite as he picked up the dice, and no traps were sprung. Either there'd been no danger, or the charm-rings had been a wise choice, Eada decided. The cat was there before either of the siblings realised. Eada walked over to stand next to her brother. Kellmite blinked back at the cat's stare, and reached out to pet the creature, which took the opportunity to pilfer one of the dice. They were soon to be transported to another room, after reflecting on what had just occurred, both agreed that there was likely some magical connection between cat and dice. Now it was clear that the dice were vitally important, Eada became curious to examine one at close hand herself. She was unsettled when doing so seemingly compelled her to simultaneously pull the lever. Besides his sister's surprised reaction, Kellmite perceived nothing amiss. The lever seemed to be the only obvious way forward anyway, so it looked like multi-tasking. Beyond they found the one responsible for Eada's arrival in the dungeon, but also an astonishing blasphemy. What kind of individual would dare cage one of the gods? Kellmite stood before the cage, head lowered respectfully as he attempted to find the world. “Ah-ah, your...uhhhh, ladyship, midnight-mother. Ha-have you seen any of our clan...in this place?” Meanwhile, Eada, whispering a prayer honouring the very deity present, pressed the button to release the Shadowbinder. Kellmite hastily fluttered out of the path of the huge deity, and, possibly even more hurriedly, dived back to the ground on seeing what was on the ceiling. His yelp prompted Eada to notice the creatures that emerged in response to the Shadowbinder's escape. Kellmite did the first thing that came to mind and quickly started flinging whatever was on his person. Given his brief time at the festival, a lot of it was snacks. Naturally, most of it was insect or plant-based as suited a Skydancer, but there was also what looked to be something someone had scraped off the underside of a cart. There was also evidence that there had been more than one dragon who'd had bones on offer for some reason. Eada checked her belongings to follow suit. It was better to react quickly and no ideas immediately occurred to her.
Username: Stanzascale
Choice: A
Roleplay:
812948p.png812950p.png
shadowmidsmall2.png

Nothing untoward seemed to affect Kellmite as he picked up the dice, and no traps were sprung. Either there'd been no danger, or the charm-rings had been a wise choice, Eada decided.

The cat was there before either of the siblings realised. Eada walked over to stand next to her brother. Kellmite blinked back at the cat's stare, and reached out to pet the creature, which took the opportunity to pilfer one of the dice. They were soon to be transported to another room, after reflecting on what had just occurred, both agreed that there was likely some magical connection between cat and dice.

Now it was clear that the dice were vitally important, Eada became curious to examine one at close hand herself. She was unsettled when doing so seemingly compelled her to simultaneously pull the lever. Besides his sister's surprised reaction, Kellmite perceived nothing amiss. The lever seemed to be the only obvious way forward anyway, so it looked like multi-tasking.

Beyond they found the one responsible for Eada's arrival in the dungeon, but also an astonishing blasphemy. What kind of individual would dare cage one of the gods?

Kellmite stood before the cage, head lowered respectfully as he attempted to find the world.
“Ah-ah, your...uhhhh, ladyship, midnight-mother. Ha-have you seen any of our clan...in this place?”
Meanwhile, Eada, whispering a prayer honouring the very deity present, pressed the button to release the Shadowbinder.

Kellmite hastily fluttered out of the path of the huge deity, and, possibly even more hurriedly, dived back to the ground on seeing what was on the ceiling. His yelp prompted Eada to notice the creatures that emerged in response to the Shadowbinder's escape.
Kellmite did the first thing that came to mind and quickly started flinging whatever was on his person. Given his brief time at the festival, a lot of it was snacks. Naturally, most of it was insect or plant-based as suited a Skydancer, but there was also what looked to be something someone had scraped off the underside of a cart. There was also evidence that there had been more than one dragon who'd had bones on offer for some reason.

Eada checked her belongings to follow suit. It was better to react quickly and no ideas immediately occurred to her.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 57 58