Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Closed - Sornieth Winter Games '19
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 36
[center][b]The arrival[/b][/center] [i]"Eh, boss you sure this is a good idea?"[/i] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39176291] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/391763/39176291_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The silver nocturne led a group of dragons with their gear to the arena, at first ignoring the question until another tugged on his banners with a [i]boss?[/i]. "Of course it's a good idea. Sure this isn't our usual thing but it's good for us to get out and do things like this." [i]"This ain't fighting monsters."[/i] "Sometimes there's honor to be found without embarking on a quest." He looked around, they weren't exactly trained for these sorts of events, as the nocturne read through the ones available for signups, trying to figure out who on his team belonged where. "Besides, it's about time we made our presence a little more known. Been too long since strangers visited our tavern after all and I for one am getting tired of the same old stories. If nothing else, we'll return home with more stories to tell." Another dragon cheered from the back of the large group, [i]"And think of the stories if we win! We can eclipse the competition!"[/i] That somehow earned a groan. The other dragon speaking to the nocturne before rolled his eyes and continued, [i]"Fine, fine, but did we need to bring this much food?"[/i] "Of course, gotta keep our energy up, and I mean if there's some extra since when do we not share?" The nocturne grinned under his cape. "Alright, let's see here... No, not yet, no. AH!" He turned to his group and looking through them, "Tally! This one is all yours." [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39233731] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/392338/39233731_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][b]Alpine Skiing[/b][/center] Tally looked down at the slope before her. She didn't really have much access to something like this back at home. She had to rely on unconventional methods of learning to do this. She swallowed back her fear. [i]Just like the currents. Weave.[/i] Another deep breath, a moment to relax and center herself before the plunge. [i]Here goes nothing.[/i][b][/b]
The arrival

"Eh, boss you sure this is a good idea?"

The silver nocturne led a group of dragons with their gear to the arena, at first ignoring the question until another tugged on his banners with a boss?. "Of course it's a good idea. Sure this isn't our usual thing but it's good for us to get out and do things like this."

"This ain't fighting monsters."

"Sometimes there's honor to be found without embarking on a quest." He looked around, they weren't exactly trained for these sorts of events, as the nocturne read through the ones available for signups, trying to figure out who on his team belonged where. "Besides, it's about time we made our presence a little more known. Been too long since strangers visited our tavern after all and I for one am getting tired of the same old stories. If nothing else, we'll return home with more stories to tell."

Another dragon cheered from the back of the large group, "And think of the stories if we win! We can eclipse the competition!" That somehow earned a groan.

The other dragon speaking to the nocturne before rolled his eyes and continued, "Fine, fine, but did we need to bring this much food?"

"Of course, gotta keep our energy up, and I mean if there's some extra since when do we not share?" The nocturne grinned under his cape. "Alright, let's see here... No, not yet, no. AH!" He turned to his group and looking through them, "Tally! This one is all yours."
Alpine Skiing

Tally looked down at the slope before her. She didn't really have much access to something like this back at home. She had to rely on unconventional methods of learning to do this. She swallowed back her fear. Just like the currents. Weave. Another deep breath, a moment to relax and center herself before the plunge.

Here goes nothing.
arOGchX.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22944142] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/229442/22944142_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] When Registration for this year’s Winter Games opened, [b]Glacierth[/b] was among the first in line. Last year he had placed, bringing home a Bronze medal in his [b]Speed-Skating[/b] event, and it was such a high he wanted to capture that feeling again! With luck, he might even [i]eclipse[/i] his past performance and capture a Silver or Gold medal this time! He can almost taste the glory. He knows he’s gotten faster. He’s put in long hours of practice in pursuit of his goal - though not without some breaks for fun when [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=242017&did=34515404]Frozenth[/url] thought he was away too long and would come to find him…. He was glad she’d agreed to accompany him again to the Southern Icefields. She was good for his ego, a real confidence booster. and it pleased him to know she’d be there to cheer him on (while she admired his strong legs)!

When Registration for this year’s Winter Games opened, Glacierth was among the first in line. Last year he had placed, bringing home a Bronze medal in his Speed-Skating event, and it was such a high he wanted to capture that feeling again! With luck, he might even eclipse his past performance and capture a Silver or Gold medal this time! He can almost taste the glory. He knows he’s gotten faster. He’s put in long hours of practice in pursuit of his goal - though not without some breaks for fun when Frozenth thought he was away too long and would come to find him…. He was glad she’d agreed to accompany him again to the Southern Icefields. She was good for his ego, a real confidence booster. and it pleased him to know she’d be there to cheer him on (while she admired his strong legs)!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28311094] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/283111/28311094_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Cross-Country Skiing[/b] Coriolane checked her skis one last time before straightening up and looking at the track in front of her determinedly, barely registering the icy air of her homeland. Asha had been flitting around her until a minute ago, as her protheses hadn't been working properly in the frigid temperatures. Coriolane didn't think of it as much of a problem. As if she would need her wings in a sport that she had practised for survival once, to cross the Southern Icefield and reach the ocean back when she still used to bind her wings to her body so they wouldn't get in her way. Today was different. This event wasn't for survival, but for fun. And Coriolane intended to do well so she could enjoy the fabled eclipse with the triumph of victory under her claws.

28311094_350.png

Cross-Country Skiing

Coriolane checked her skis one last time before straightening up and looking at the track in front of her determinedly, barely registering the icy air of her homeland. Asha had been flitting around her until a minute ago, as her protheses hadn't been working properly in the frigid temperatures. Coriolane didn't think of it as much of a problem. As if she would need her wings in a sport that she had practised for survival once, to cross the Southern Icefield and reach the ocean back when she still used to bind her wings to her body so they wouldn't get in her way. Today was different. This event wasn't for survival, but for fun. And Coriolane intended to do well so she could enjoy the fabled eclipse with the triumph of victory under her claws.
ZVpCPil.png
[center][b][size=4][size=5]Alpine skiing slalom[/size][/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48431627] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/484317/48431627_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Piccolo Sole slowly glances at the imminent [b]eclipse[/b], the young tundra smiles as he approaches the slalom track. He knows well the difficulties of going on the snow and he built himself the rackets ans the skies. His paws carved the finest wood of the Tangled Wood and he sanded the ski in the warmth of his tent. Piccolo Sole breathes in and out, ready to go.
Alpine skiing slalom

Piccolo Sole slowly glances at the imminent eclipse, the young tundra smiles as he approaches the slalom track. He knows well the difficulties of going on the snow and he built himself the rackets ans the skies. His paws carved the finest wood of the Tangled Wood and he sanded the ski in the warmth of his tent. Piccolo Sole breathes in and out, ready to go.
GyTxqUF.png
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15039999] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/150400/15039999_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][u][b]Fireclaw - The Victor on Fire[/b][/u] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Bi7rn0J.png[/img] [u][b]You are reading... Day 1 - Intro + Curling Next entry... [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2596028/8#post_37459832]Day 2 - Speed Skating[/url] [/b][/u][/center][/columns] [center]Another year, another Crystalline Gala, and Fireclaw was as excited as always dressed in his usual Wolf hide attire that this year made him appear dressed for the occasion. The festival activities were now in full gear as the denizens of the snowy landscape had begun to celebrate this year's Gala dedicated to the Lunar [u][b]Eclipse[/b][/u] and their mission to stop Hati from devouring the moon. As the Grand Victor of the Winter Games 2018 he had looked forward all year to this event. Surprising for such a competitive dragon as him, though, was the fact that he was planning to take it relatively easy. He had trained, hard, very hard, yes, but if he didn't were to win this year he wouldn't mind - after all he had already won his fare share of medals, but if he could win one last medal he would gladly bring home a Silver Medal to complete his collection. Clarity was with him, and so was Glacynea as the Clan's Ambassadors and Diplomats. This year he had spent a lot of his free time on hunting missions and training relentlessly in the Clan's training facilities, but each moment of rest he had he made sure to spend with his friends. Last year his friendship with Unknown had gone awry; he had managed to get on the solitary dragon's nerves and managed to sign him up on what turned out to be a deadly Carnival event, among a long series of deadly or just plain unfortunate mishaps. Fireclaw had never wanted to hurt his friend, but with his eagerness to get the former-hermit to become sociable he overdid it, big time, every single time they went somewhere together. However, when they all went to The Shifting Emporium during the Thundercrack Carnivale [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/35#post_34493781]something happened to Unknown[/url] that made him change, for better or worse, and he were never given an answer as to why. He became more aloof, but also seemingly more willing to amend his friendship to Fireclaw. Fireclaw, of course, was ecstatic, but made sure to give the Coatl ample space to tend to whatever business he had gotten himself into. Unknown had decided to follow them here to the Crystalline Gala, much to everyone's surprise. He had said that he looked forward to the unusual eclipse and to learn more about Hati and Sköll. Hopefully this would also mean that maybe his friend would get to see him compete, or that he at the very least would be there together with his other friends during the medal ceremony at the end of the event. He was glad that Unknown actually tagged along this year, 'cause if he were to be honest, the real reason he specifically became this interested in athleticism - besides his love of roughhousing, hunting and going on dangerous missions - was 'cause Unknown had proven to be a better athlete than him in the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1824213/174#post_19852386]Wavecrest Decathlon[/url] that held place during Wavecrest Saturnalia 2016. Having Unknown by his side was a reminder of their friendship, and also a reminder of how far he had came since then. He was a better dragon now, and he had the best friends in the world to prove it. Clarity had assured him that she would be close-by each competition in case his leg were to act up again, so he was at ease knowing that he had the best medic by his side in case he needed it, and that his friends would cheer him on all the way this year. It was a great feeling. To keep himself busy when not competing in the Games and when Clarity and Glacynea were busy attending to diplomatic duties, and with Unknown and Gloomwillow away doing who knows what, he decided to sign up on the Cats' Choice Award. It looked like an easy-going and fun event, plus who could resist the charming cats and the possibility of be named Best Dragon of Sornieth?! Fireclaw decided that he would begin with Curling since it seemed like a nice and relatively easy-going start to this year's Games, and then he'd go visit the cats for their daily event. Onward it was![/center]

15039999_350.png
Fireclaw - The Victor on Fire
Bi7rn0J.png

You are reading...

Day 1 - Intro + Curling

Next entry...

Day 2 - Speed Skating
Another year, another Crystalline Gala, and Fireclaw was as excited as always dressed in his usual Wolf hide attire that this year made him appear dressed for the occasion. The festival activities were now in full gear as the denizens of the snowy landscape had begun to celebrate this year's Gala dedicated to the Lunar Eclipse and their mission to stop Hati from devouring the moon.

As the Grand Victor of the Winter Games 2018 he had looked forward all year to this event. Surprising for such a competitive dragon as him, though, was the fact that he was planning to take it relatively easy. He had trained, hard, very hard, yes, but if he didn't were to win this year he wouldn't mind - after all he had already won his fare share of medals, but if he could win one last medal he would gladly bring home a Silver Medal to complete his collection.

Clarity was with him, and so was Glacynea as the Clan's Ambassadors and Diplomats. This year he had spent a lot of his free time on hunting missions and training relentlessly in the Clan's training facilities, but each moment of rest he had he made sure to spend with his friends.

Last year his friendship with Unknown had gone awry; he had managed to get on the solitary dragon's nerves and managed to sign him up on what turned out to be a deadly Carnival event, among a long series of deadly or just plain unfortunate mishaps. Fireclaw had never wanted to hurt his friend, but with his eagerness to get the former-hermit to become sociable he overdid it, big time, every single time they went somewhere together.

However, when they all went to The Shifting Emporium during the Thundercrack Carnivale something happened to Unknown that made him change, for better or worse, and he were never given an answer as to why. He became more aloof, but also seemingly more willing to amend his friendship to Fireclaw. Fireclaw, of course, was ecstatic, but made sure to give the Coatl ample space to tend to whatever business he had gotten himself into.

Unknown had decided to follow them here to the Crystalline Gala, much to everyone's surprise. He had said that he looked forward to the unusual eclipse and to learn more about Hati and Sköll.

Hopefully this would also mean that maybe his friend would get to see him compete, or that he at the very least would be there together with his other friends during the medal ceremony at the end of the event.

He was glad that Unknown actually tagged along this year, 'cause if he were to be honest, the real reason he specifically became this interested in athleticism - besides his love of roughhousing, hunting and going on dangerous missions - was 'cause Unknown had proven to be a better athlete than him in the Wavecrest Decathlon that held place during Wavecrest Saturnalia 2016.

Having Unknown by his side was a reminder of their friendship, and also a reminder of how far he had came since then. He was a better dragon now, and he had the best friends in the world to prove it.

Clarity had assured him that she would be close-by each competition in case his leg were to act up again, so he was at ease knowing that he had the best medic by his side in case he needed it, and that his friends would cheer him on all the way this year. It was a great feeling.

To keep himself busy when not competing in the Games and when Clarity and Glacynea were busy attending to diplomatic duties, and with Unknown and Gloomwillow away doing who knows what, he decided to sign up on the Cats' Choice Award. It looked like an easy-going and fun event, plus who could resist the charming cats and the possibility of be named Best Dragon of Sornieth?!

Fireclaw decided that he would begin with Curling since it seemed like a nice and relatively easy-going start to this year's Games, and then he'd go visit the cats for their daily event. Onward it was!
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
@JinxMoonstone I'm so excited to see this event back again this year! :D I love it. I'll be back with entries later in the week (I hope!) but for now ...

Please add me to the Winner Announcements and Future Openings pinglists!
@JinxMoonstone I'm so excited to see this event back again this year! :D I love it. I'll be back with entries later in the week (I hope!) but for now ...

Please add me to the Winner Announcements and Future Openings pinglists!
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
I've been looking forward to this event! ;D

@JinxMoonstone

Please ping me for the medal ceremonies and any other events you might run this year. ^^
I've been looking forward to this event! ;D

@JinxMoonstone

Please ping me for the medal ceremonies and any other events you might run this year. ^^
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33723680] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/337237/33723680_350.png[/img] [/url] Day 1, Ski Jumping Eiyora frets as she help Peridot get ready for ski jumping. She can't help but recall terrible nightmares from last time when Ice had participated. Obviously, seeing as how traumatising such events are for Eiyora, she was really unwilling to participate again but unable to overcome the combined persuasive efforts from 11 dragons, she bowed her head in defeat, picked 7 dragons, of which 6 have never participated before, and set off to this year's Sornieth Games. Eiyora pushes Peridot to the starting line, already imagining how bad things can go, maybe strong wings that blow dragons over? Tornado? Cyclones? The list of imaginary monsters just keeps increasing as the starting horn blow and Peridot push off. Eiyora was still thinking the worst when she sees Peridot slides down the slope, attain a impossible height as she reaches the highest peak of her jump, blocking the afternoon sun like a [b] Eclipse[/b] before sailing down. Eiyora, stunned at how normal everything looked; if there was one thing out of the ordinary, it was the movement of the light green smoke that curled constantly around Peridot that hinted at how the wind seemed to have aid in her sail, besides that, normal! "Maybe I am seeing things...?" Eiyora thought to herself. Clearly, too much abnormal have caused normal to be unacceptable to Eiyora, that she continues to self-doubt until today.

33723680_350.png

Day 1, Ski Jumping

Eiyora frets as she help Peridot get ready for ski jumping. She can't help but recall terrible nightmares from last time when Ice had participated. Obviously, seeing as how traumatising such events are for Eiyora, she was really unwilling to participate again but unable to overcome the combined persuasive efforts from 11 dragons, she bowed her head in defeat, picked 7 dragons, of which 6 have never participated before, and set off to this year's Sornieth Games.

Eiyora pushes Peridot to the starting line, already imagining how bad things can go, maybe strong wings that blow dragons over? Tornado? Cyclones? The list of imaginary monsters just keeps increasing as the starting horn blow and Peridot push off.

Eiyora was still thinking the worst when she sees Peridot slides down the slope, attain a impossible height as she reaches the highest peak of her jump, blocking the afternoon sun like a Eclipse before sailing down. Eiyora, stunned at how normal everything looked; if there was one thing out of the ordinary, it was the movement of the light green smoke that curled constantly around Peridot that hinted at how the wind seemed to have aid in her sail, besides that, normal! "Maybe I am seeing things...?" Eiyora thought to herself. Clearly, too much abnormal have caused normal to be unacceptable to Eiyora, that she continues to self-doubt until today.
tumblr_pcy9tzjJvI1rwcniio9_r1_540.png
@Canisa @Lundlaeva @Katsuokai

Ping list updated! You can double-check on the front page to make sure I marked you for the correct ones. Thanks!! Welcome back :-)
@Canisa @Lundlaeva @Katsuokai

Ping list updated! You can double-check on the front page to make sure I marked you for the correct ones. Thanks!! Welcome back :-)
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=414175&tab=dragon&did=46939169][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469392/46939169_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=4][b]--Ice Hockey--[/b][/center] "There is absolutely no difference between practice and play. There is [u]absolutely[/u] no difference between practice and play. There is [b][u]absolutely positively[/u][/b] no difference between practice and play." Nicky's claws clacked loudly against the cold stone floor as he paced back and forth reassuring himself that he could actually do this. Call it pre-competition jitters but anxiety was completely eclipsing any excitement or joy he could feel right now. It's one thing to practice and play on a team with people you know but it's a whole other thing to be in a [i]real[/i] competition with [i]real[/i] stakes and [i]real[/i] contestants but it's much too late to back out now. All he can do is hope that all his training will add up to something good.
46939169_350.png
--Ice Hockey--

"There is absolutely no difference between practice and play. There is absolutely no difference between practice and play. There is absolutely positively no difference between practice and play." Nicky's claws clacked loudly against the cold stone floor as he paced back and forth reassuring himself that he could actually do this. Call it pre-competition jitters but anxiety was completely eclipsing any excitement or joy he could feel right now. It's one thing to practice and play on a team with people you know but it's a whole other thing to be in a real competition with real stakes and real contestants but it's much too late to back out now. All he can do is hope that all his training will add up to something good.
Wade/Lolly
They/Them
+0 FR Time

I'm responding to your forum post I promise I'm just a slow typist!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 36