Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Whats in a Name? Prizes inside
1 2
Welcome all! I am terrible when it comes to names. Thus i am looking for participants to help me choose a number of names for my beloved babies. Each name picked will be rewarded with a undisclosed prize (everyone loves surprises?). [b]Rules:[/b] *No common names (Jack, Keith, Debbie, Barbra, ect.) *If you have an explanation behind the name go ahead! It may earn you extra brownie points. *If the name is from another language please tell me the meaning behind the name. *Anything goes! Objects, colors, animals, actions, ect. Just please keep it modest, I don't need to get flagged for something. *Please disclose which names are going to which dragon. ________________________________________________________ [center][b]The Dragons In questions[/b][/center] Bog Girl [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46035000] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/460351/46035000_350.png[/img] [/url] Spiral Boy [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46476332] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/464764/46476332_350.png[/img] [/url] Spiral Girl [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46476331] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/464764/46476331_350.png[/img] [/url] Guardian Girl [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41376603] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/413767/41376603_350.png[/img] [/url] Mirror Girl [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7860276] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78603/7860276_350.png[/img] [/url] Wildclaw Girl [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13219196] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/132192/13219196_350.png[/img] [/url]
Welcome all! I am terrible when it comes to names. Thus i am looking for participants to help me choose a number of names for my beloved babies. Each name picked will be rewarded with a undisclosed prize (everyone loves surprises?).

Rules:
*No common names (Jack, Keith, Debbie, Barbra, ect.)
*If you have an explanation behind the name go ahead! It may earn you extra brownie points.
*If the name is from another language please tell me the meaning behind the name.
*Anything goes! Objects, colors, animals, actions, ect. Just please keep it modest, I don't need to get flagged for something.
*Please disclose which names are going to which dragon.

The Dragons In questions

Bog Girl

46035000_350.png

Spiral Boy

46476332_350.png

Spiral Girl

46476331_350.png

Guardian Girl

41376603_350.png

Mirror Girl

7860276_350.png

Wildclaw Girl

13219196_350.png
Poker-cards-artistic-1.jpg
I have some names!

Spiral boy: Inventor, Doc, Circuit, Hardware
Spiral girl: Kora, Nightshade, Hemlocke, Amanita, Thyme
Wildclaw girl: Wildfang, Quickstrike, Lupine
I have some names!

Spiral boy: Inventor, Doc, Circuit, Hardware
Spiral girl: Kora, Nightshade, Hemlocke, Amanita, Thyme
Wildclaw girl: Wildfang, Quickstrike, Lupine
LyFc5Gi.png Gulfie pCXTX60.png
Echidna Bog Girl
Hesiod would describe "the goddess fierce Echidna" as a flesh eating "monster, irresistible", who was like neither "mortal men" nor "the undying gods", but was "half a nymph with glancing eyes and fair cheeks, and half again a huge snake, great and awful, with speckled skin", who "dies not nor grows old all her days."

Watson Spiral Boy
The name of one of the scientists who discovered the structure of DNA, but also the name of Sherlock's doctor companion from the classic book series. He also gives off a western vibe, so this could be a wild west doctor's name.

Rán Spiral Girl
According to Rudolf Simek, "... Rán is the ruler of the realm of the dead at the bottom of the sea to which people who have drowned go." Simek says that "while Ægir personifies the sea as a friendly power, Rán embodies the sinister side of the sea..."

Mallon Guardian Girl
Mary Mallon, also known as Typhoid Mary, was the first person in the United States identified as an asymptomatic carrier of the pathogen associated with typhoid fever. She was presumed to have infected 51 people, three of whom died, over the course of her career as a cook.

Remy Mirror Girl
Because she looks like a rat kind of, and Remy is the rat from Ratatouille, and he's cute, she's cute...

Artemis Wildclaw Girl
She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows.
Echidna Bog Girl
Hesiod would describe "the goddess fierce Echidna" as a flesh eating "monster, irresistible", who was like neither "mortal men" nor "the undying gods", but was "half a nymph with glancing eyes and fair cheeks, and half again a huge snake, great and awful, with speckled skin", who "dies not nor grows old all her days."

Watson Spiral Boy
The name of one of the scientists who discovered the structure of DNA, but also the name of Sherlock's doctor companion from the classic book series. He also gives off a western vibe, so this could be a wild west doctor's name.

Rán Spiral Girl
According to Rudolf Simek, "... Rán is the ruler of the realm of the dead at the bottom of the sea to which people who have drowned go." Simek says that "while Ægir personifies the sea as a friendly power, Rán embodies the sinister side of the sea..."

Mallon Guardian Girl
Mary Mallon, also known as Typhoid Mary, was the first person in the United States identified as an asymptomatic carrier of the pathogen associated with typhoid fever. She was presumed to have infected 51 people, three of whom died, over the course of her career as a cook.

Remy Mirror Girl
Because she looks like a rat kind of, and Remy is the rat from Ratatouille, and he's cute, she's cute...

Artemis Wildclaw Girl
She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows.
23839.png flowers may grow where the sun shines upon rot and ruin.

she + they | +2 hours ahead of FR | primal collector
wishlist | gene projects | lore write ups | art shop | pwyw
Seeing some good ones, keep going people!
Seeing some good ones, keep going people!
@CrowDazzle In order:

Bog Girl: Hastalyk, after the Lovecraftian god responsible for plagues. She looks kind of like a Lovecraftian horror. Also Nurgle, after the Warhammer 40k Chaos God of plagues.

Spiral Boy: Daedalus or Archimedes. He strikes me as an inventor, and one of those names are suitably pompous enough for an eccentric like he seems to be.

Spiral Girl: Bruja (Spanish for "witch"). She made me think of a will-o-the-wisp. In Mexico, brujas, or witches, are believed to transform into will-o-the-wisps. It's both spooky and pretty!

Guardian Girl: Sinopa, it's a Native American Blackfoot name that means "fox." Or maybe Otsana, "she-wolf," because she looks a little fiercer with the plaguey skin.

Mirror Girl: Serafina, it literally means "Burning Serpent." Dragons are reptiles (at least, I think they are) and snakes are reptiles as well. Mirror Girl is burning, so "Burning Serpent." Granted, the name might work better on a Spiral, but for now I'll just leave it at that.

Wildclaw Girl: Aglaeca, an Anglo-Saxon name that means both "demon, monster, fiend" or "hero, warrior." No matter whether she's good or bad, her name still fits!
@CrowDazzle In order:

Bog Girl: Hastalyk, after the Lovecraftian god responsible for plagues. She looks kind of like a Lovecraftian horror. Also Nurgle, after the Warhammer 40k Chaos God of plagues.

Spiral Boy: Daedalus or Archimedes. He strikes me as an inventor, and one of those names are suitably pompous enough for an eccentric like he seems to be.

Spiral Girl: Bruja (Spanish for "witch"). She made me think of a will-o-the-wisp. In Mexico, brujas, or witches, are believed to transform into will-o-the-wisps. It's both spooky and pretty!

Guardian Girl: Sinopa, it's a Native American Blackfoot name that means "fox." Or maybe Otsana, "she-wolf," because she looks a little fiercer with the plaguey skin.

Mirror Girl: Serafina, it literally means "Burning Serpent." Dragons are reptiles (at least, I think they are) and snakes are reptiles as well. Mirror Girl is burning, so "Burning Serpent." Granted, the name might work better on a Spiral, but for now I'll just leave it at that.

Wildclaw Girl: Aglaeca, an Anglo-Saxon name that means both "demon, monster, fiend" or "hero, warrior." No matter whether she's good or bad, her name still fits!
Bog girl: Agnatha - class of jawless fish, including lampreys and hagfish

Spiral boy: Faraday - after scientist Michael Faraday, studied electromagnetism

Spiral girl: Faye - lol like, le Fay

Guardian girl: Coyote

Mirror girl: Razia - what a spicy name

Wildclaw girl: Xena - those warrior princess vibes
Bog girl: Agnatha - class of jawless fish, including lampreys and hagfish

Spiral boy: Faraday - after scientist Michael Faraday, studied electromagnetism

Spiral girl: Faye - lol like, le Fay

Guardian girl: Coyote

Mirror girl: Razia - what a spicy name

Wildclaw girl: Xena - those warrior princess vibes
MFt2hm4.png xmwCoTq.png
galactic:
coffee:::
hatchery:
oQlTGMl.png
Bog girl: Aerith (in honor of the unfortunately stabbed flower girl of Final Fantasy 7 fame. Also, I find it kind of ironic to give an eldritch abomination such a pretty, flowery name.)

Spiral boy: Nikola (after Nikola Tesla, inventor of the Tesla coil)

Spiral girl:Siren (after the half-human, half-bird monsters with the irresistible voices in the Odyssey)

Guardian girl: Boadicea (after the famous Celtic warrior queen)

Mirror girl: Picante (means spicy in Spanish)

Wildclaw girl: Cabra (short for Chupacabra, a goat-sucking canine cryptid)
Bog girl: Aerith (in honor of the unfortunately stabbed flower girl of Final Fantasy 7 fame. Also, I find it kind of ironic to give an eldritch abomination such a pretty, flowery name.)

Spiral boy: Nikola (after Nikola Tesla, inventor of the Tesla coil)

Spiral girl:Siren (after the half-human, half-bird monsters with the irresistible voices in the Odyssey)

Guardian girl: Boadicea (after the famous Celtic warrior queen)

Mirror girl: Picante (means spicy in Spanish)

Wildclaw girl: Cabra (short for Chupacabra, a goat-sucking canine cryptid)
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Wanna get a couple more posts than i'll end the search.
Wanna get a couple more posts than i'll end the search.
Bog Girl- Smug and festering, she looks slow but deliberate. Like a bubbling wound... Her name should reflect that. She's... Rakka, Pula, or Anoris.

Spiral Boy- Industrious and focused. He sympathizes more with machines than with dragons. But he remains very empathetic. His name is... Folmi, Murmarik, or Hachni

Spiral Girl- She's sly and mischievous, she also has a bit of an ego. She tells others to call her .... Selula, Elenhe, or Zashir

Guardian Girl- No nonsense here. She has whip like reflexes and cares deeply for her clan. Her sarcasm is deadly. They call her... Harval, Azale, or Diqua

Mirror Girl- Can be absolutely manic, an excellent multitasker. Sleeps deep. Legendarily creative. Answers to the name of... Itenne, Vimeri, or Aral.

Wildclaw Girl- She is calm. The calm and the storm. Her coolness belies her ability. She doesn't mean to be intimidating, it doesn't suit her to try to be that way, she just is intimidating. She's called...Umeronn, Tayin, or Cierya.

These names are all made up, frankenstiened from words in other languages but none is a word or name to my knowledge.
Bog Girl- Smug and festering, she looks slow but deliberate. Like a bubbling wound... Her name should reflect that. She's... Rakka, Pula, or Anoris.

Spiral Boy- Industrious and focused. He sympathizes more with machines than with dragons. But he remains very empathetic. His name is... Folmi, Murmarik, or Hachni

Spiral Girl- She's sly and mischievous, she also has a bit of an ego. She tells others to call her .... Selula, Elenhe, or Zashir

Guardian Girl- No nonsense here. She has whip like reflexes and cares deeply for her clan. Her sarcasm is deadly. They call her... Harval, Azale, or Diqua

Mirror Girl- Can be absolutely manic, an excellent multitasker. Sleeps deep. Legendarily creative. Answers to the name of... Itenne, Vimeri, or Aral.

Wildclaw Girl- She is calm. The calm and the storm. Her coolness belies her ability. She doesn't mean to be intimidating, it doesn't suit her to try to be that way, she just is intimidating. She's called...Umeronn, Tayin, or Cierya.

These names are all made up, frankenstiened from words in other languages but none is a word or name to my knowledge.
df49450f-bfcd-11ea-95ce-9fded28effc3.gif6562f9dc-8e67-11e9-92c4-7feca4cd7373.gif
Bog girl: Galadriel, from Lord of the Rings. She kept the ring and became beautiful and terrible. Good for her.

Spiral boy: Frisch, after the man who developed an explanation for the concept of nuclear fission. He was instrumental to the Manhattan Project.

Spiral girl: Persephone, wife of Hades and daughter of Demeter.

Guardian girl: Mononoke, from the Studio Ghibli movie, Princess Mononoke, in which the title character was raised by wolves in the forest. It means angry or vengeful spirit.

Mirror girl: Franklin, after Rosalind Franklin who actually discovered the double helical structure of DNA through x-ray crystallography, but had her findings suppressed and later released to Watson and Crick by her boss.

Wildclaw girl: Jacquotte, after Jacquotte Delahaye, a 17th century pirate most famous for faking her death and returning to piracy a few years later, which in combination with her read hair earned her the moniker "Back from the Dead Red".
Bog girl: Galadriel, from Lord of the Rings. She kept the ring and became beautiful and terrible. Good for her.

Spiral boy: Frisch, after the man who developed an explanation for the concept of nuclear fission. He was instrumental to the Manhattan Project.

Spiral girl: Persephone, wife of Hades and daughter of Demeter.

Guardian girl: Mononoke, from the Studio Ghibli movie, Princess Mononoke, in which the title character was raised by wolves in the forest. It means angry or vengeful spirit.

Mirror girl: Franklin, after Rosalind Franklin who actually discovered the double helical structure of DNA through x-ray crystallography, but had her findings suppressed and later released to Watson and Crick by her boss.

Wildclaw girl: Jacquotte, after Jacquotte Delahaye, a 17th century pirate most famous for faking her death and returning to piracy a few years later, which in combination with her read hair earned her the moniker "Back from the Dead Red".
dczn1qe-7ea5b2bc-c7a9-4a6a-8ea7-1777b6cff32a.png
1 2