Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Search for the Sunbeam Soldier Dragon!
1 2 3
[center]Links to the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2418613]Familiar Hatchery Club[/url] and the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2406476]Familiar Scrying Club[/url].[/center] I've been struggling to get into the breeding element of FR for a while, and I think having a set goal to work towards will be just the thing to motivate me. ^^ My goal is to bring this scry to life, a dragon based on the Sunbeam Soldier familiar! [columns=2] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=43&bodygene=7&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=47&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=75&auth=21ba24e7dba214c366cbd1c497be031d67e6609f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] [item=Sunbeam Soldier] spiral light banana crystal marigold alloy orange filigree Scry created by @Familiars[/columns] This one caught my eye while I was looking for a breeding project. It's a beautiful dragon based on one of my favorite familiars, and I adore this dragon's colors and genes. The twist is, it isn't good enough to just have one Sunbeam Soldier dragon - I need a breeding pair. The genes will be pricey if I can't breed them onto my pair. We're looking at 7800 gems on the marketplace, and frankly, I'm not that rich, so breeding will be preferable even though it'll take a lot longer. It'll be challenging to find or create this exact color and gene set, but I'm up for the challenge~ If you have any dragons you think would be useful for this quest, especially dragons with these genes close to the correct color range, let me know if you'd be interested in selling or studding them! Hatchlings will also be for sale once I have a finalized breeding pair. ^^ If you're interested in taking on a quest of your own, feel free to drop by the Familiar Hatchery Club and take a look at the unclaimed familiars. I'd also recommend looking at [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2424676]Meirya's Quest for the Almandine Sturgeon Dragon[/url] - it lists some useful resources for anyone else trying to breed an exact color.

I've been struggling to get into the breeding element of FR for a while, and I think having a set goal to work towards will be just the thing to motivate me. ^^ My goal is to bring this scry to life, a dragon based on the Sunbeam Soldier familiar!
dragon?age=0&body=43&bodygene=7&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=47&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=75&auth=21ba24e7dba214c366cbd1c497be031d67e6609f&dummyext=prev.png Sunbeam Soldier
spiral
light
banana crystal
marigold alloy
orange filigree

Scry created by @Familiars

This one caught my eye while I was looking for a breeding project. It's a beautiful dragon based on one of my favorite familiars, and I adore this dragon's colors and genes. The twist is, it isn't good enough to just have one Sunbeam Soldier dragon - I need a breeding pair.

The genes will be pricey if I can't breed them onto my pair. We're looking at 7800 gems on the marketplace, and frankly, I'm not that rich, so breeding will be preferable even though it'll take a lot longer. It'll be challenging to find or create this exact color and gene set, but I'm up for the challenge~ If you have any dragons you think would be useful for this quest, especially dragons with these genes close to the correct color range, let me know if you'd be interested in selling or studding them! Hatchlings will also be for sale once I have a finalized breeding pair. ^^

If you're interested in taking on a quest of your own, feel free to drop by the Familiar Hatchery Club and take a look at the unclaimed familiars. I'd also recommend looking at Meirya's Quest for the Almandine Sturgeon Dragon - it lists some useful resources for anyone else trying to breed an exact color.
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
I've found the first member of our project, Thoren! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42994366] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/429944/42994366_350.png[/img] [/url] This little guy has all the genes I'm looking for! Plus, his tert is 8 off, his primary is 7 off, and his secondary color is only a single shade off. ^^ I feel lucky to have found him. After that, I expanded my search to look for dragons with genes that are the same rarity as Crystal, Alloy and Filigree, so the three I'm trying to keep have a decent chance of passing down. That's where Hornet comes in - he may not have any of the genes I'm looking for, but all of his colors are nearly perfect. His primary is one shade off, his secondary is perfect, and his tert is also only one shade off! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43068582] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/430686/43068582_350.png[/img] [/url] Now I just have to find mates for these two, and the project can begin in earnest. I wasn't finding much within my price range on the AH, but I'll check back later and see if anyone's put up any closer dragons.
I've found the first member of our project, Thoren!

42994366_350.png

This little guy has all the genes I'm looking for! Plus, his tert is 8 off, his primary is 7 off, and his secondary color is only a single shade off. ^^ I feel lucky to have found him.

After that, I expanded my search to look for dragons with genes that are the same rarity as Crystal, Alloy and Filigree, so the three I'm trying to keep have a decent chance of passing down. That's where Hornet comes in - he may not have any of the genes I'm looking for, but all of his colors are nearly perfect. His primary is one shade off, his secondary is perfect, and his tert is also only one shade off!

43068582_350.png

Now I just have to find mates for these two, and the project can begin in earnest. I wasn't finding much within my price range on the AH, but I'll check back later and see if anyone's put up any closer dragons.
Those are sooo shiny! And breeding for colors AND genes is challenge mode, super curious to see how it goes. Good luck! :D
Those are sooo shiny! And breeding for colors AND genes is challenge mode, super curious to see how it goes. Good luck! :D
Thank you, Meirya! Aha, my lair's going to be full of shiny golden dragons by the time I'm done. Not that that's a bad thing, of course. Hornet would take me so close to my goal if I didn't have to breed the genes onto them, but I figured this would be the most practical way with my current budget of... 381 gems. ^^'

I appreciate the well-wishes. I hope your male Almandine goes smoothly, and doesn't give you too much grief!
Thank you, Meirya! Aha, my lair's going to be full of shiny golden dragons by the time I'm done. Not that that's a bad thing, of course. Hornet would take me so close to my goal if I didn't have to breed the genes onto them, but I figured this would be the most practical way with my current budget of... 381 gems. ^^'

I appreciate the well-wishes. I hope your male Almandine goes smoothly, and doesn't give you too much grief!
I've refined my method of searching for dragons for this project - in order to give myself a decent chance of passing down the three genes I need, every future dragon needs to have at least two of crystal/alloy/filigree, and the other must be a rare gene [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1584487](listed here, in case I forget in the future.)[/url] I'm giving Hornet a pass, because he has all rare genes and his colors are [i]so close[/i] to perfect that I'm confident he'll still be useful. But using this method, I've picked up a couple new dragons - say hello to Brightbolt, Auris and Swan! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42649418] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/426495/42649418_350.png[/img] [/url] Our first Spiral! It would be nice if I could avoid a breed change, but that's not a goal I'm actively shooting for. Even I'm not that determined. He has two of the genes I'm looking for, lacking filigree. Still, he'll be a nice addition to the team with a four-off primary, a perfect secondary, and an eight shades off tertiary. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40811750] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408118/40811750_350.png[/img] [/url] Auris is a little farther off than some of my other dragons, at 7/2/6 (primary/secondary/tertiary) shades off from my goal. But that's still not half bad, and the only gene she's lacking is filigree. I'm looking into who would make the best pair for her - not likely Brightbolt, since they're both lacking the same gene, giving me no chance of an offspring with Filigree. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43087167] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/430872/43087167_350.png[/img] [/url] And finally, little Swan, at 10/5/4 shades from my goal. Likewise to Auris, she's a little farther off, and lacks the primary Crystal gene. I picked her up because I needed some more female dragons, as well as dragons with a close tertiary color. After some testing with the color predictor, it looks like color-wise, Swan's best match is with Hornet. In fact, he's the only male who could bring her offspring in range to get any of the colors I'm shooting for. I'm not completely happy with that match - Hornet doesn't have any of the genes I'm aiming for - so I'll keep an eye open for other potential mates for her until they're both ready to breed. If worse comes to worse, though, I can always try to reintroduce crystal/alloy/filigree into the family tree later. I'll keep looking for good mates for everyone, most of my dragons are lacking on the same end of the color scale right now. That's probably it for today! I'll check the auction house for any other dragons I could use for this project tomorrow.
I've refined my method of searching for dragons for this project - in order to give myself a decent chance of passing down the three genes I need, every future dragon needs to have at least two of crystal/alloy/filigree, and the other must be a rare gene (listed here, in case I forget in the future.)

I'm giving Hornet a pass, because he has all rare genes and his colors are so close to perfect that I'm confident he'll still be useful. But using this method, I've picked up a couple new dragons - say hello to Brightbolt, Auris and Swan!

42649418_350.png

Our first Spiral! It would be nice if I could avoid a breed change, but that's not a goal I'm actively shooting for. Even I'm not that determined. He has two of the genes I'm looking for, lacking filigree. Still, he'll be a nice addition to the team with a four-off primary, a perfect secondary, and an eight shades off tertiary.

40811750_350.png

Auris is a little farther off than some of my other dragons, at 7/2/6 (primary/secondary/tertiary) shades off from my goal. But that's still not half bad, and the only gene she's lacking is filigree. I'm looking into who would make the best pair for her - not likely Brightbolt, since they're both lacking the same gene, giving me no chance of an offspring with Filigree.

43087167_350.png

And finally, little Swan, at 10/5/4 shades from my goal. Likewise to Auris, she's a little farther off, and lacks the primary Crystal gene. I picked her up because I needed some more female dragons, as well as dragons with a close tertiary color.

After some testing with the color predictor, it looks like color-wise, Swan's best match is with Hornet. In fact, he's the only male who could bring her offspring in range to get any of the colors I'm shooting for. I'm not completely happy with that match - Hornet doesn't have any of the genes I'm aiming for - so I'll keep an eye open for other potential mates for her until they're both ready to breed. If worse comes to worse, though, I can always try to reintroduce crystal/alloy/filigree into the family tree later.

I'll keep looking for good mates for everyone, most of my dragons are lacking on the same end of the color scale right now.

That's probably it for today! I'll check the auction house for any other dragons I could use for this project tomorrow.
@OpalNova

I love your thread so far! I myself have never really gotten into breeding on the site and will probably pick a familiar from the FHC sooner or later to try and create. So far I like a couple of the unclaimed one's, but I'm not a 100% sure, so I'm holding off until Thundercrack's Scrying Challenge to decide.

Until then though I absolutely love what you are doing here and wish you a lot of luck with the breeding! I hope the colors only get closer and closer to the official pair!

PS: May I just add that all the dragons you have picked up so far are so shiny and pretty! I especially love Brightbolt with those unusual eyes <3
@OpalNova

I love your thread so far! I myself have never really gotten into breeding on the site and will probably pick a familiar from the FHC sooner or later to try and create. So far I like a couple of the unclaimed one's, but I'm not a 100% sure, so I'm holding off until Thundercrack's Scrying Challenge to decide.

Until then though I absolutely love what you are doing here and wish you a lot of luck with the breeding! I hope the colors only get closer and closer to the official pair!

PS: May I just add that all the dragons you have picked up so far are so shiny and pretty! I especially love Brightbolt with those unusual eyes <3

Used to be GeriVl of the Lightning Flight
WvWPineappleGeriVI.png
Used to be GeriVl of the Lightning Flight
@GeriVl

Thank you so much. Your reply made my day. ^^ I've been having a lot of fun with this project, and it's the first time breeding's been fun for me. I hope your own project goes smoothly, and the RNG is kind to you!

(If you (or anyone, really) would be interested in adopting any of the dragons from this thread, they probably aren't permanent - I'm going to need the lair space, as great as it would be to have pages full of shiny gold dergs.)
@GeriVl

Thank you so much. Your reply made my day. ^^ I've been having a lot of fun with this project, and it's the first time breeding's been fun for me. I hope your own project goes smoothly, and the RNG is kind to you!

(If you (or anyone, really) would be interested in adopting any of the dragons from this thread, they probably aren't permanent - I'm going to need the lair space, as great as it would be to have pages full of shiny gold dergs.)
@OpalNova I'd love it if you could ping me for updates!!
@OpalNova I'd love it if you could ping me for updates!!
b6c909a097384df55457cdfcbf869a92.png
@Karrikut

Will do, thanks for your interest!
@Karrikut

Will do, thanks for your interest!
Oh, you're doing the hardcore version.....I cheated for my last one and added the genes after....will be doing the same for the light sprite too....tho I only need to breed one, as I found a male with the right colours on the ah (bonus)....

Am subbed so I can follow your progress :)
Oh, you're doing the hardcore version.....I cheated for my last one and added the genes after....will be doing the same for the light sprite too....tho I only need to breed one, as I found a male with the right colours on the ah (bonus)....

Am subbed so I can follow your progress :)
gtRoPZg.png 4YqEWE5.png 27754151187_13038e2c8e_o.png
1 2 3