Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Blue Moon- A Pinkerlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/1a/bf/3e/1abf3e685837bb6fc33cf02f8c997244.jpg[/img][/center] [center][i]Dragons, Death, Destiny.[/i][/center] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hello everyone, and welcome to my very first nuzlocke in the history of, well, ever! I have heard of the term, of course, being the Pokèmon fanatic that I am, but I have never had the heart to try it on any sort of platform until now. However, in the scant month or so that I've been here on the site, I have already become way too attached to my main lair to do a full-blown Nuzlocke. Fortunately, I can still participate in the challenge with the separate-from-the-main-lair Pinkerlocke! For those of you who are as new to the challenge as I was a few days ago, the original rules can be found at @Tar 's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1525830]main Pinkerlocke thread[/url]. My slightly modified version of them can be seen below: [b]Basic rules:[/b] * A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke. * All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering. * There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars. * And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile! [b]Drops of Fate:[/b] [b]Food:[/b] Coliseum time! Use a random number generator to determine how many matches within the range will be fought. [b]Plants[/b][b]:[/b] 10-20 matches [b]Insects:[/b] 20-30 matches [b]Seafood:[/b] 30-40 matches [b]Meat:[/b] 40-50 matches [b]"Game-mode":[/b] Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon! [i]-For this challenge, I will play a sort of mix between hard mode and medium mode, sometimes using the venue a tier below my highest level dragon and sometimes using the venue that matches my highest level dragon. It depends on how many coliseum rounds I roll.[/i] [b]Materials and Trinkets:[/b] Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure! (Note: I may or may not actually do art for trinkets depending on how I feel/how busy I am) Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore. [b]Rare drops: Wildcards[/b] [b]Familiars:[/b] Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer 14. Bogsneak [b]Apparel:[/b] Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. If this is not possible, due to story lore/current region not matching with your nests or a breeding cooldown, [s]you must purchase an amount of G1 eggs (between 1 and 5, chosen by random number generator) that coordinates with where your characters are in the challenge/your story.[/s] [b]After purchasing one of these eggs, I have decided to simply rent a nest whenever my story lore doesn't match my actual flight. It is so much cheaper, and I can't afford to delay my Pinkerlocke three days whenever I can't breed my dragons as I earn enough treasure to buy a G1 egg. Maybe next Pinkerlocke, I will uphold this rule, but not this time. [/b]You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy. Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it. [b]Battle items: Uh-oh!!![/b] Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK Tails = Nothing happens [b]DEATH STREAK rules[/b]: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones. [s](Note that the 'death streak' needs to be tested for deadliness. It should be pretty deadly, but not totally impossible.)[/s] After testing, it seemed to work as intended! Survival depends on your willingness to be both lucky and cautious. [b]Starting out:[/b] Using the method I detailed in the "familiar" possibility above, obtain a small number of dragons (I suggest 2 or 3). If they already have names, keep the name! If not, name them using your own creativity or [url=http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/dragon_names.php#.WuoVn9MvxPM]this dragon name generator[/url]. The challenge starts once all of the dragons, if they are hatchlings, grow into adulthood. Alternatively, choose 2-3 existing dragons in your lair to participate. This has certain advantages (eliminates the need to wait for maturity and breeding cooldowns) but also some disadvantages (less random=less exciting). You may want to "partition" your nuzlocke dragons away from your regular dragons so you don't get them mixed up. [b]Winning:[/b] For me to win this challenge, at least one of my original dragons must reach level twenty-five and the eleven tasks of the prophecy must be fulfilled (more on the prophecy in one of my upcoming lore posts).
1abf3e685837bb6fc33cf02f8c997244.jpg
Dragons, Death, Destiny.

Hello everyone, and welcome to my very first nuzlocke in the history of, well, ever! I have heard of the term, of course, being the Pokèmon fanatic that I am, but I have never had the heart to try it on any sort of platform until now. However, in the scant month or so that I've been here on the site, I have already become way too attached to my main lair to do a full-blown Nuzlocke. Fortunately, I can still participate in the challenge with the separate-from-the-main-lair Pinkerlocke! For those of you who are as new to the challenge as I was a few days ago, the original rules can be found at @Tar 's main Pinkerlocke thread. My slightly modified version of them can be seen below:

Basic rules:
* A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
* All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
* There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
* And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time! Use a random number generator to determine how many matches within the range will be fought.
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

"Game-mode":

Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

-For this challenge, I will play a sort of mix between hard mode and medium mode, sometimes using the venue a tier below my highest level dragon and sometimes using the venue that matches my highest level dragon. It depends on how many coliseum rounds I roll.

Materials and Trinkets: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure! (Note: I may or may not actually do art for trinkets depending on how I feel/how busy I am)

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. If this is not possible, due to story lore/current region not matching with your nests or a breeding cooldown, you must purchase an amount of G1 eggs (between 1 and 5, chosen by random number generator) that coordinates with where your characters are in the challenge/your story. After purchasing one of these eggs, I have decided to simply rent a nest whenever my story lore doesn't match my actual flight. It is so much cheaper, and I can't afford to delay my Pinkerlocke three days whenever I can't breed my dragons as I earn enough treasure to buy a G1 egg. Maybe next Pinkerlocke, I will uphold this rule, but not this time. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.

(Note that the 'death streak' needs to be tested for deadliness. It should be pretty deadly, but not totally impossible.) After testing, it seemed to work as intended! Survival depends on your willingness to be both lucky and cautious.

Starting out:
Using the method I detailed in the "familiar" possibility above, obtain a small number of dragons (I suggest 2 or 3). If they already have names, keep the name! If not, name them using your own creativity or this dragon name generator. The challenge starts once all of the dragons, if they are hatchlings, grow into adulthood.

Alternatively, choose 2-3 existing dragons in your lair to participate. This has certain advantages (eliminates the need to wait for maturity and breeding cooldowns) but also some disadvantages (less random=less exciting).

You may want to "partition" your nuzlocke dragons away from your regular dragons so you don't get them mixed up.

Winning:
For me to win this challenge, at least one of my original dragons must reach level twenty-five and the eleven tasks of the prophecy must be fulfilled (more on the prophecy in one of my upcoming lore posts).
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[center][b]The Contestants[/b][/center] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ [quote][b]Lataiss[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411122/41112183_350.png[/img][/quote] [quote][b]Bergon[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411201/41120013_350.png[/img][/quote] [quote][b]Umbreus[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/413483/41348263_350.png[/img][/quote] [quote][b]Nyriss[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/413454/41345339_350.png[/img][/quote] [quote][b]Syllere[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/414150/41414930_350.png[/img][/quote] [quote][b]Niall[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/415449/41544818_350.png[/img][/quote]
The Contestants

Quote:
Lataiss
41112183_350.png
Quote:
Bergon
41120013_350.png
Quote:
Umbreus
41348263_350.png
Quote:
Nyriss
41345339_350.png
Quote:
Syllere
41414930_350.png
Quote:
Niall
41544818_350.png
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[center][b]Graveyard[/b][/center] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ [quote] [center][b]Azorillith[/b][/center] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411201/41120018_350.png[/img] Died on Day 20[/quote]
Graveyard

Quote:
Azorillith
41120018_350.png
Died on Day 20
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Directory

Pinglist (feel free to ping me if you want to be added)

Directory

Pinglist (feel free to ping me if you want to be added)

3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Day 0: Prologue
Trigger Warnings: Some blood and violence.

Azorillith

Azorillith pushed her wings to beat harder, forcing them to go as fast as they could. She could still hear the screams of her clanmates behind her, getting fainter and fainter the farther she flew from the lair. Had she been able to focus on anything other than beating her wings faster than she ever had before, she might have felt guilty for leaving her clan to die.

The rotten, bone-littered ground of the Scarred Wasteland zoomed by beneath her, eventually giving way to the shadowy forests of the Tangled Wood. It was here, miles away from her clan, that she collapsed from exhaustion, dipping lower in the sky until she outright plummeted to the ground.

Lataiss

Don’t move. Don’t move. Don’t MOVE.

Lataiss was barely able to rein in her trembling. She had to stay still. If they saw her move, even an inch…

The fur of her summer coat pressed wetly against her frame, the blood that soaked it creating an image she hoped was convincing enough to distract her clan’s murderers should they pass by her family’s cave again. She could still hear them off in the distance, no doubt shuffling through the clan treasury. She forced her body to remain still. She had to hope, to pray to every existing deity, that they would leave soon. She couldn’t stay like this forever.

Bergon

Like always, Bergon was the lookout for his clan’s latest raid. Well, “raid” was far too pretty of a term for what his clan was doing. “Killing spree” was probably more apt, seeing as all the dragons in the unfortunate target clan ended up dead every. single. time.

If this had been just any other raid, Bergon would have been content to sit on a lookout post far away from the carnage and plug his ears until someone came to fetch him. Today, however, something in his gut tugged him toward the battlefield. He NEEDED to move. ‘You’re too late, you’re too late…’ His brain taunted him. ‘Too late for what?’ He snapped back, receiving no answer in return.

He was just about to abandon his post out of desperation when Kihara, the clan’s youngest member, came and relieved him of his duty. With some hardship, Bergon flew off at a normal pace toward the subterranean lair he had seen earlier.

He couldn’t head for the battlefield directly, though. The clan leader, an orange guardian named Anthius, would demand to see him first. With his gut tugging him in the other direction the whole time, he soared over to where the proud patriarch stood barking orders at his subordinates. “Bergon!” Anthius called, “I trust there was no trouble?”

After lowering his head in a respectful bow, Bergon replied, “There was no trouble at all, sir. Where do you want me now?” Bergon regretted the words as soon as they came out of his mouth. While Anthius might be pleased with his eagerness, Bergon himself would be cursing the very same trait as he wasted time on the next inescapable project.

Anthius shot a sharp-toothed grin at Bergon before instructing him to join the others in the ransacked lair to gather and dispose of the bodies. Bergon struggled to keep his face even as he glided down to the lair entrance, only allowing himself a satisfied smirk once he was inside the dark tunnels. This was where he NEEDED to be, his gut just told him so. There was something important in here that he had to find.

Ignoring the calls of Niall, a female mirror who was attempting to drag the carcass of a pearlcatcher toward the entrance, Bergon followed the confusingly spiraling tunnels of the lair as if he had lived there his entire life. He knew which ways to turn, something deep within him instructing him at every crossroads and split path. Before long, he found himself in a chamber, staring at the corpses of three pale-colored tundra dragons.

Lataiss

Lataiss stopped breathing the moment she heard footsteps approaching, fear running icy cold through her veins. Over the acrid tang of blood that tainted the air, she could smell an unfamiliar dragon approaching the cavern.

She heard a sharp intake of breath followed by a deep mutter as the footsteps came even closer. The presence of the dragon was tangible even with her eyes closed.

“Nononono…please, no… I can’t have failed… I didn’t even know…” The voice was right next to her now. Lataiss couldn’t fathom why it sounded as sad and grief-stricken as it did; this was obviously one of her clan’s murderers. Suddenly, she was nudged in the side by a massive snout. She managed to remain still, but her lungs were starting to burn. “C’mon, please get up… please… you have to be alive… I can’t lose my Charge like this…”

Lataiss couldn’t restrain herself any longer; she gasped loudly for breath and scrambled to her feet.

Bergon

Bergon couldn’t believe it; his Charge was alive! The white and tan tundra in front of him pushed herself up unsteadily and blinked her eyes open, panting heavily the whole time. “A-are you ok?” he asked worriedly as she recoiled from him, defensively spreading her wings and raising her tail.

“Who are you?” she asked with as much of a growl as she could muster.

He opened his mouth to answer but was interrupted by a call echoing down the tunnels, “Oi, Bergon! Ya down here?” Bergon looked from the chamber entrance to the blood-smeared tundra in front of him, quickly making the executive decision to respond.

“Yeah, I’m down here Niall! I found three more bodies… could you send down some help?” He yelled back while attempting to shush his startled Charge with a series of calming paw gestures.

“What makes you think I would send down help after you ignored me earlier?” Niall retorted. Bergon could imagine with complete clarity the smug face she was making.

“The fact that you get my share of dinner tonight?” Bergon waited patiently for a few moments as Niall pretended to mull it over. If there was one thing the sassy mirror loved more than teasing him, it was food.

“Steven is on his way, so keep yelling to make sure he can find you!” Niall’s shout unabashedly displayed the excitement she felt at his offer.

“Will do, Niall!” Bergon turned his attention back to the tundra beside him, who looked to be feeling a mix of terror and fury. “Shh, it’s okay. If you flop over my back like you’re dead, Steve won’t notice and I can sneak you out of here.” He whispered to her.

Her wings and tail dropped from their prior defensive poses. Bergon crouched down and allowed her to climb up and splay across his back.

“Bergon?” Another yell, this time closer and coming from Steven.

“Down here, Steve!” Bergon shouted back. Within minutes, the emerald colored imperial had found his way and was looming in the all-too-short doorway of the cave. “I can only carry this one, can you take the other two?” Bergon asked, pushing the other two tundras toward the doorway. Steven simply nodded, taking the bodies before heading back toward the surface. Bergon followed easily, careful not to drop his not-so-dead cargo as he ascended the steeply sloping passages.

The orange light of the approaching sunset flowed in through the lair’s massive entrance hole, shading both Steven and Bergon with various fiery hues. Bergon hesitated before crossing the threshold, trying to lay out a plan for what to do next. He had his Charge, but how did he get her away from here without problems from his clanmates?

The idea hit him suddenly, and he managed to growl a quiet “Hold on…” to his passenger before executing his plan. With an easy leap, he was in the air and winging away toward the Tangled Wood, leaving behind a throng of confused clanmates. Casting a wary glance over his shoulder, Bergon noticed with satisfaction that very few had realized what he was doing and were attempting to give chase. He pushed his wings to flap harder, quickly leaving his pursuers in the dust.

Azorillith

Dull blue moonlight filtered in through Azorillith’s closed eyelids, pulling her ever so gently from unconsciousness. Sore muscles shifted and red eyes wearily opened. ‘This is no time for sleep.’ She chastised herself, ‘I have to be careful now that I’m on my own.’

She glanced around the clearing where she had crash-landed earlier in the day, trying to pry some useful data on her surroundings from her muzzy brain. ‘Hmm…this is most likely a part of Wispwillow Grove, which means I am at least one-hundred miles from home [if there is still a home, that is]. Monsters here are most likely nocturnal [or are they diurnal, since it is always night here?]. Considering these facts, my first order of business should be to make some sort of shelter.’

Gathering some flexible sticks from the ground, Azorillith set about weaving a small hut around the base of one of the tall, mushroom-infested pines that ringed the clearing. There would be just enough space on the inside for her to sleep curled around the trunk of the tree. Despite her exhausted limbs, the basket-like shelter went together quickly, and she was safe before any sort of monster noticed her wakefulness and managed to strike at her from the foggy undergrowth. As she lay, concealed by a mesh of pine boughs, she silently thanked her mother for teaching her how to weave. Then, forcing a wave of unpleasantly recent memories concerning her mother and clan back into the depths of her brain, she closed her eyes and drifted off into a fitful but healing sleep.

Lataiss

Lataiss just could not believe that she was alive despite all that had transpired over the past few hours. It was so strange to think that not only had she been saved, but she had been saved by a member of the enemy. The funny thing was, Bergon didn’t SEEM like a member of the enemy. From Lataiss’ rather limited point of view, he seemed sincere and maybe even regretful for what had happened. He carried a book tied to his hip instead of a bow or sword; he had a set of goggles on his head instead of a helmet. He seemed to be the exact opposite of a brutal fighter, yet the enemy clan had so clearly appeared to know him.

“Hey, we’re coming up on the Tangled Wood. Would you be okay to stop here for the night?”

Bergon’s voice snapped Lataiss out of her spiraling train of thought. “Wha- oh, yeah, that’s fine. Anywhere that isn’t in the Scarred Wasteland is alright with me.” She replied quietly. Bergon craned his neck around to shoot her a calming smile before gently gliding down.

Lataiss slid off of Bergon’s back the moment his feet touched the ground. Her legs felt slightly numb, and she almost toppled over. After wobbling for a few moments, she regained her footing and was able to fully examine the forest around her.

The first thing that she noticed, in accordance with tundra olfactory capabilities, were the smells. The spicy scent of pine intermingled thickly with the dusty smell of fungi and, overlapped with these, were various subtle odors produced by the Tangled Wood’s creatures. Hidden among the other smells, just barely noticeable, was a familiar scent she couldn’t quite place. ‘An animal…? A plant…? A dragon…?’ Lataiss contemplated as she mindlessly helped Bergon collect firewood. She was vaguely aware that the guardian was attempting to start a conversation, but that was the least of her present worries.

By the time they had a fire up and going, all Lataiss could remember was a flash of powder blue colored scales, meaning the scent came from a dragon. However, the smoke from the fire quickly cloyed all traces of the smell out of her nostrils, leaving her with nothing aside from than the menial remembrance.

“Hey, you still awake over there?” Bergon’s voice softly invaded her mind and brought her back into the real world.

“Oh, yeah. Just thinking, sorry.” Lataiss replied, focusing on Bergon for the first time since they had landed that evening. He was curled up near the fire, scribbling down a few notes in the book that had been attached to his hip earlier.

“It’s not a problem. I just haven’t met a tundra that’s so quiet.” Bergon glanced up at her, the firelight reflecting in his deep red eyes.

“I’m not usually; I just smelled something familiar here and I’m trying to figure out what it might be. All I can remember, though, is blue scales.” Lataiss said with a sigh.

“D’you it could be one of your clanmates? It wouldn’t be too farfetched for a dragon to have flown here from your lair; we did it, after all.”

“I guess it could be possible. I didn’t see any bodies besides my parents’ on our way out.” Lataiss’ voice held a note of melancholy, and she switched her gaze from Bergon to the ground.

“We can look in the morning if you want.” Bergon suggested, shutting his notebook and reattaching it to his hip.

“I would appreciate that Bergon. Goodnight.” Lataiss said as she curled up with her back facing toward the dark colored guardian.

“Goodnight, uh, hmm. Did you mention your name before?”

“No. It’s Lataiss.”

“Well, goodnight Lataiss.”

Day 0: Prologue
Trigger Warnings: Some blood and violence.

Azorillith

Azorillith pushed her wings to beat harder, forcing them to go as fast as they could. She could still hear the screams of her clanmates behind her, getting fainter and fainter the farther she flew from the lair. Had she been able to focus on anything other than beating her wings faster than she ever had before, she might have felt guilty for leaving her clan to die.

The rotten, bone-littered ground of the Scarred Wasteland zoomed by beneath her, eventually giving way to the shadowy forests of the Tangled Wood. It was here, miles away from her clan, that she collapsed from exhaustion, dipping lower in the sky until she outright plummeted to the ground.

Lataiss

Don’t move. Don’t move. Don’t MOVE.

Lataiss was barely able to rein in her trembling. She had to stay still. If they saw her move, even an inch…

The fur of her summer coat pressed wetly against her frame, the blood that soaked it creating an image she hoped was convincing enough to distract her clan’s murderers should they pass by her family’s cave again. She could still hear them off in the distance, no doubt shuffling through the clan treasury. She forced her body to remain still. She had to hope, to pray to every existing deity, that they would leave soon. She couldn’t stay like this forever.

Bergon

Like always, Bergon was the lookout for his clan’s latest raid. Well, “raid” was far too pretty of a term for what his clan was doing. “Killing spree” was probably more apt, seeing as all the dragons in the unfortunate target clan ended up dead every. single. time.

If this had been just any other raid, Bergon would have been content to sit on a lookout post far away from the carnage and plug his ears until someone came to fetch him. Today, however, something in his gut tugged him toward the battlefield. He NEEDED to move. ‘You’re too late, you’re too late…’ His brain taunted him. ‘Too late for what?’ He snapped back, receiving no answer in return.

He was just about to abandon his post out of desperation when Kihara, the clan’s youngest member, came and relieved him of his duty. With some hardship, Bergon flew off at a normal pace toward the subterranean lair he had seen earlier.

He couldn’t head for the battlefield directly, though. The clan leader, an orange guardian named Anthius, would demand to see him first. With his gut tugging him in the other direction the whole time, he soared over to where the proud patriarch stood barking orders at his subordinates. “Bergon!” Anthius called, “I trust there was no trouble?”

After lowering his head in a respectful bow, Bergon replied, “There was no trouble at all, sir. Where do you want me now?” Bergon regretted the words as soon as they came out of his mouth. While Anthius might be pleased with his eagerness, Bergon himself would be cursing the very same trait as he wasted time on the next inescapable project.

Anthius shot a sharp-toothed grin at Bergon before instructing him to join the others in the ransacked lair to gather and dispose of the bodies. Bergon struggled to keep his face even as he glided down to the lair entrance, only allowing himself a satisfied smirk once he was inside the dark tunnels. This was where he NEEDED to be, his gut just told him so. There was something important in here that he had to find.

Ignoring the calls of Niall, a female mirror who was attempting to drag the carcass of a pearlcatcher toward the entrance, Bergon followed the confusingly spiraling tunnels of the lair as if he had lived there his entire life. He knew which ways to turn, something deep within him instructing him at every crossroads and split path. Before long, he found himself in a chamber, staring at the corpses of three pale-colored tundra dragons.

Lataiss

Lataiss stopped breathing the moment she heard footsteps approaching, fear running icy cold through her veins. Over the acrid tang of blood that tainted the air, she could smell an unfamiliar dragon approaching the cavern.

She heard a sharp intake of breath followed by a deep mutter as the footsteps came even closer. The presence of the dragon was tangible even with her eyes closed.

“Nononono…please, no… I can’t have failed… I didn’t even know…” The voice was right next to her now. Lataiss couldn’t fathom why it sounded as sad and grief-stricken as it did; this was obviously one of her clan’s murderers. Suddenly, she was nudged in the side by a massive snout. She managed to remain still, but her lungs were starting to burn. “C’mon, please get up… please… you have to be alive… I can’t lose my Charge like this…”

Lataiss couldn’t restrain herself any longer; she gasped loudly for breath and scrambled to her feet.

Bergon

Bergon couldn’t believe it; his Charge was alive! The white and tan tundra in front of him pushed herself up unsteadily and blinked her eyes open, panting heavily the whole time. “A-are you ok?” he asked worriedly as she recoiled from him, defensively spreading her wings and raising her tail.

“Who are you?” she asked with as much of a growl as she could muster.

He opened his mouth to answer but was interrupted by a call echoing down the tunnels, “Oi, Bergon! Ya down here?” Bergon looked from the chamber entrance to the blood-smeared tundra in front of him, quickly making the executive decision to respond.

“Yeah, I’m down here Niall! I found three more bodies… could you send down some help?” He yelled back while attempting to shush his startled Charge with a series of calming paw gestures.

“What makes you think I would send down help after you ignored me earlier?” Niall retorted. Bergon could imagine with complete clarity the smug face she was making.

“The fact that you get my share of dinner tonight?” Bergon waited patiently for a few moments as Niall pretended to mull it over. If there was one thing the sassy mirror loved more than teasing him, it was food.

“Steven is on his way, so keep yelling to make sure he can find you!” Niall’s shout unabashedly displayed the excitement she felt at his offer.

“Will do, Niall!” Bergon turned his attention back to the tundra beside him, who looked to be feeling a mix of terror and fury. “Shh, it’s okay. If you flop over my back like you’re dead, Steve won’t notice and I can sneak you out of here.” He whispered to her.

Her wings and tail dropped from their prior defensive poses. Bergon crouched down and allowed her to climb up and splay across his back.

“Bergon?” Another yell, this time closer and coming from Steven.

“Down here, Steve!” Bergon shouted back. Within minutes, the emerald colored imperial had found his way and was looming in the all-too-short doorway of the cave. “I can only carry this one, can you take the other two?” Bergon asked, pushing the other two tundras toward the doorway. Steven simply nodded, taking the bodies before heading back toward the surface. Bergon followed easily, careful not to drop his not-so-dead cargo as he ascended the steeply sloping passages.

The orange light of the approaching sunset flowed in through the lair’s massive entrance hole, shading both Steven and Bergon with various fiery hues. Bergon hesitated before crossing the threshold, trying to lay out a plan for what to do next. He had his Charge, but how did he get her away from here without problems from his clanmates?

The idea hit him suddenly, and he managed to growl a quiet “Hold on…” to his passenger before executing his plan. With an easy leap, he was in the air and winging away toward the Tangled Wood, leaving behind a throng of confused clanmates. Casting a wary glance over his shoulder, Bergon noticed with satisfaction that very few had realized what he was doing and were attempting to give chase. He pushed his wings to flap harder, quickly leaving his pursuers in the dust.

Azorillith

Dull blue moonlight filtered in through Azorillith’s closed eyelids, pulling her ever so gently from unconsciousness. Sore muscles shifted and red eyes wearily opened. ‘This is no time for sleep.’ She chastised herself, ‘I have to be careful now that I’m on my own.’

She glanced around the clearing where she had crash-landed earlier in the day, trying to pry some useful data on her surroundings from her muzzy brain. ‘Hmm…this is most likely a part of Wispwillow Grove, which means I am at least one-hundred miles from home [if there is still a home, that is]. Monsters here are most likely nocturnal [or are they diurnal, since it is always night here?]. Considering these facts, my first order of business should be to make some sort of shelter.’

Gathering some flexible sticks from the ground, Azorillith set about weaving a small hut around the base of one of the tall, mushroom-infested pines that ringed the clearing. There would be just enough space on the inside for her to sleep curled around the trunk of the tree. Despite her exhausted limbs, the basket-like shelter went together quickly, and she was safe before any sort of monster noticed her wakefulness and managed to strike at her from the foggy undergrowth. As she lay, concealed by a mesh of pine boughs, she silently thanked her mother for teaching her how to weave. Then, forcing a wave of unpleasantly recent memories concerning her mother and clan back into the depths of her brain, she closed her eyes and drifted off into a fitful but healing sleep.

Lataiss

Lataiss just could not believe that she was alive despite all that had transpired over the past few hours. It was so strange to think that not only had she been saved, but she had been saved by a member of the enemy. The funny thing was, Bergon didn’t SEEM like a member of the enemy. From Lataiss’ rather limited point of view, he seemed sincere and maybe even regretful for what had happened. He carried a book tied to his hip instead of a bow or sword; he had a set of goggles on his head instead of a helmet. He seemed to be the exact opposite of a brutal fighter, yet the enemy clan had so clearly appeared to know him.

“Hey, we’re coming up on the Tangled Wood. Would you be okay to stop here for the night?”

Bergon’s voice snapped Lataiss out of her spiraling train of thought. “Wha- oh, yeah, that’s fine. Anywhere that isn’t in the Scarred Wasteland is alright with me.” She replied quietly. Bergon craned his neck around to shoot her a calming smile before gently gliding down.

Lataiss slid off of Bergon’s back the moment his feet touched the ground. Her legs felt slightly numb, and she almost toppled over. After wobbling for a few moments, she regained her footing and was able to fully examine the forest around her.

The first thing that she noticed, in accordance with tundra olfactory capabilities, were the smells. The spicy scent of pine intermingled thickly with the dusty smell of fungi and, overlapped with these, were various subtle odors produced by the Tangled Wood’s creatures. Hidden among the other smells, just barely noticeable, was a familiar scent she couldn’t quite place. ‘An animal…? A plant…? A dragon…?’ Lataiss contemplated as she mindlessly helped Bergon collect firewood. She was vaguely aware that the guardian was attempting to start a conversation, but that was the least of her present worries.

By the time they had a fire up and going, all Lataiss could remember was a flash of powder blue colored scales, meaning the scent came from a dragon. However, the smoke from the fire quickly cloyed all traces of the smell out of her nostrils, leaving her with nothing aside from than the menial remembrance.

“Hey, you still awake over there?” Bergon’s voice softly invaded her mind and brought her back into the real world.

“Oh, yeah. Just thinking, sorry.” Lataiss replied, focusing on Bergon for the first time since they had landed that evening. He was curled up near the fire, scribbling down a few notes in the book that had been attached to his hip earlier.

“It’s not a problem. I just haven’t met a tundra that’s so quiet.” Bergon glanced up at her, the firelight reflecting in his deep red eyes.

“I’m not usually; I just smelled something familiar here and I’m trying to figure out what it might be. All I can remember, though, is blue scales.” Lataiss said with a sigh.

“D’you it could be one of your clanmates? It wouldn’t be too farfetched for a dragon to have flown here from your lair; we did it, after all.”

“I guess it could be possible. I didn’t see any bodies besides my parents’ on our way out.” Lataiss’ voice held a note of melancholy, and she switched her gaze from Bergon to the ground.

“We can look in the morning if you want.” Bergon suggested, shutting his notebook and reattaching it to his hip.

“I would appreciate that Bergon. Goodnight.” Lataiss said as she curled up with her back facing toward the dark colored guardian.

“Goodnight, uh, hmm. Did you mention your name before?”

“No. It’s Lataiss.”

“Well, goodnight Lataiss.”

3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Day One

Swimming Anole

Coliseum Time! After inputting the range in a RNG, I rolled 49 rounds for today. Fortunately, I'm only at the Training Grounds so I shouldn't have any problems.

All three of the dragons reached level five (that was fast...). No notable drops.
Day One

Swimming Anole

Coliseum Time! After inputting the range in a RNG, I rolled 49 rounds for today. Fortunately, I'm only at the Training Grounds so I shouldn't have any problems.

All three of the dragons reached level five (that was fast...). No notable drops.
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Day Two

Leather Leg Wraps

Wow, a piece of apparel already? None of my dragons are ready to breed! Welp, that means (according to my personal rules) that I have to buy 1-5 G1 eggs. The RNG was merciful and I only have to buy one, and the coin flip decided that my money will not be wasted. It will be hatched when I get a material I can use to write some more story lore.
Day Two

Leather Leg Wraps

Wow, a piece of apparel already? None of my dragons are ready to breed! Welp, that means (according to my personal rules) that I have to buy 1-5 G1 eggs. The RNG was merciful and I only have to buy one, and the coin flip decided that my money will not be wasted. It will be hatched when I get a material I can use to write some more story lore.
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Day Three: Moon Rising, Shadow Plotting

The prophet sat staring ever upwards, watching the full moon that would not have been so different from any other of its kind had it not been the second one to appear that month. As it was, the night felt full of fate and mystery; the darkness seethed with half-heard words and pieces of the future that was yet to be. But the prophet cared little for the whisperings of the shadows, for there was a prophecy much deeper and more powerful than their musings.

It was all falling into place, each piece making itself known in an order too prominent to be ignored. There was the blue moon, hanging round and uncaring in the hazy sky of the Tangled Wood; there was the egg born to no mother, sitting easily on the dais in the center of the Forum; and there was the Shadowbinder too, watching the moon from the privacy of the inky shadows. All that was needed were the participants, the unwitting dragons who had no clue as to the destiny that rested on their shoulders. The prophet’s eyes darted away from the moon to stare at the largest of the waterfalls that flowed into the Forum, as if the three promised by the prophecy might fall into the stony arena at that precise moment. Of course, they didn’t, but the prophet knew they would soon. It was only a matter of waiting.

Anthius stared at the commotion below him, watching as his clan celebrated the day’s success. Food was cooked over massive bonfires, and dragons mingled with one another as if nothing was amiss. The clan was so large, Anthius figured that, to them, there WAS nothing amiss. Only one other, a mirror bearing the proud name of Niall, noticed the absence of Bergon. She had been his closest friend, after all. He watched Niall from his perch atop a bone spire, wondering if he could turn her drooping melancholy into a determination for “rescue”. Yes, that was exactly the plan.

He soared down to her, making sure to announce his presence with a low roar. Niall stiffened up at once, quickly adjusting her posture into a reverent bow. One his four legs were steady on the ground, he waved a paw to dismiss this gesture and bring her eyes up to meet with his. “Do you need something from me, sir?” She asked quietly. He could hear sadness tainting her voice, and the meat she had been given for dinner was sitting abandoned near her front paws. He didn’t know Niall all that well, but he knew she was well known amongst her clanmates for a ravenous appetite. ‘She really is taking this hard. Perfect.’

“Yes, I do actually. I don’t want to disturb the jubilation of the clan too much at this time, but I think we should send a search party after Bergon. I feel like you would be the best dragon to lead such a retrieval, if you would be willing to go tonight, that is.” Anthius kept his tone even and calming. He had learned over years of training to manipulate the emotions of others through his tone and stance. True to the shadow energy that pulsed weakly in his veins and displayed a deep violet in his eyes, he considered interactions with others a game. And he had learned to win this game every time.

Niall perked up at his suggestion, and Anthius grinned internally, if such a thing can be considered possible. “Of course I’d be willing to go! He’s my best friend; if it’s anyone’s job to find him, it’s me.” The mirror cheered, sapphire eyes twinkling with joy. “Who all should I take with me? Or should I go alone?”

“I would recommend taking a team of three or so, maybe as many as five. Make sure each dragon is fully sober and willing to assist. As much as I want Bergon to rejoin us, you might have to go get him alone if no one else wants to accompany you.” Anthius took on a stricter tone here, one brimming with military structure but countered with a faintly present soft edge.

Niall didn’t respond this time, simply raising a paw to her forehead in a receptive salute. Following this, she stalked off into the throng of clanmates gathered around the many food-fires, occasionally stopping to talk to a dragon who looked promising. Anthius was beyond pleased at his plan’s success, but what can you expect when you're the king of deception, ruler of the games of the mind? Bergon would be back by morning, and he would pay for his betrayal.

Today's Pull:

Red Linen Fabric Scrap
Day Three: Moon Rising, Shadow Plotting

The prophet sat staring ever upwards, watching the full moon that would not have been so different from any other of its kind had it not been the second one to appear that month. As it was, the night felt full of fate and mystery; the darkness seethed with half-heard words and pieces of the future that was yet to be. But the prophet cared little for the whisperings of the shadows, for there was a prophecy much deeper and more powerful than their musings.

It was all falling into place, each piece making itself known in an order too prominent to be ignored. There was the blue moon, hanging round and uncaring in the hazy sky of the Tangled Wood; there was the egg born to no mother, sitting easily on the dais in the center of the Forum; and there was the Shadowbinder too, watching the moon from the privacy of the inky shadows. All that was needed were the participants, the unwitting dragons who had no clue as to the destiny that rested on their shoulders. The prophet’s eyes darted away from the moon to stare at the largest of the waterfalls that flowed into the Forum, as if the three promised by the prophecy might fall into the stony arena at that precise moment. Of course, they didn’t, but the prophet knew they would soon. It was only a matter of waiting.

Anthius stared at the commotion below him, watching as his clan celebrated the day’s success. Food was cooked over massive bonfires, and dragons mingled with one another as if nothing was amiss. The clan was so large, Anthius figured that, to them, there WAS nothing amiss. Only one other, a mirror bearing the proud name of Niall, noticed the absence of Bergon. She had been his closest friend, after all. He watched Niall from his perch atop a bone spire, wondering if he could turn her drooping melancholy into a determination for “rescue”. Yes, that was exactly the plan.

He soared down to her, making sure to announce his presence with a low roar. Niall stiffened up at once, quickly adjusting her posture into a reverent bow. One his four legs were steady on the ground, he waved a paw to dismiss this gesture and bring her eyes up to meet with his. “Do you need something from me, sir?” She asked quietly. He could hear sadness tainting her voice, and the meat she had been given for dinner was sitting abandoned near her front paws. He didn’t know Niall all that well, but he knew she was well known amongst her clanmates for a ravenous appetite. ‘She really is taking this hard. Perfect.’

“Yes, I do actually. I don’t want to disturb the jubilation of the clan too much at this time, but I think we should send a search party after Bergon. I feel like you would be the best dragon to lead such a retrieval, if you would be willing to go tonight, that is.” Anthius kept his tone even and calming. He had learned over years of training to manipulate the emotions of others through his tone and stance. True to the shadow energy that pulsed weakly in his veins and displayed a deep violet in his eyes, he considered interactions with others a game. And he had learned to win this game every time.

Niall perked up at his suggestion, and Anthius grinned internally, if such a thing can be considered possible. “Of course I’d be willing to go! He’s my best friend; if it’s anyone’s job to find him, it’s me.” The mirror cheered, sapphire eyes twinkling with joy. “Who all should I take with me? Or should I go alone?”

“I would recommend taking a team of three or so, maybe as many as five. Make sure each dragon is fully sober and willing to assist. As much as I want Bergon to rejoin us, you might have to go get him alone if no one else wants to accompany you.” Anthius took on a stricter tone here, one brimming with military structure but countered with a faintly present soft edge.

Niall didn’t respond this time, simply raising a paw to her forehead in a receptive salute. Following this, she stalked off into the throng of clanmates gathered around the many food-fires, occasionally stopping to talk to a dragon who looked promising. Anthius was beyond pleased at his plan’s success, but what can you expect when you're the king of deception, ruler of the games of the mind? Bergon would be back by morning, and he would pay for his betrayal.

Today's Pull:

Red Linen Fabric Scrap
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Day Four

Greyback Sparrow

More coli! The RNG determined that I would fight 40 rounds, and so I did. All three of my dragons are now level six.

Notable Drops:
Dryad Autumn Dryad
Day Four

Greyback Sparrow

More coli! The RNG determined that I would fight 40 rounds, and so I did. All three of my dragons are now level six.

Notable Drops:
Dryad Autumn Dryad
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[center][b]Day Five[/b][/center] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ [Item = Contrast Rogue Footpads] What. The. Heck. I thought it was supposed to be rare to get apparel from Pinkerton! I am not going to buy more G1 eggs, so for today I am bending the rules a bit and just going to buy a new dragon from the AH following the "Familiar" rules. This is what I got: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=379235&tab=dragon&did=41345339][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/413454/41345339_350.png[/img][/url] She'll show up in the next lore post, probably.
Day Five

Contrast Rogue Footpads

What. The. Heck. I thought it was supposed to be rare to get apparel from Pinkerton! I am not going to buy more G1 eggs, so for today I am bending the rules a bit and just going to buy a new dragon from the AH following the "Familiar" rules. This is what I got:
41345339_350.png
She'll show up in the next lore post, probably.
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6