Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Blue Moon- A Pinkerlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6
Day Fifteen: Intruders

Near the Forum of the Obscured Crescent...

“I don’t understand… they get to take that egg with them? I hope Jodi’s getting the reason or we’ll never know.” Nyriss whispered as she watched the purple tundra, called Hope the Prophet by the local clans, glide down to the three dragons waiting below.

“Of course, Jodi’s getting it! When has she let us down?” Syllere whispered back angrily, nudging Nyriss with faintly glowing claws.

“Remember that time we were trying to spy on that wind monk and Jodi wandered off because it saw something shiny? There’s a whole pool down there filled with shiny things.”

“Jodi’s not an ‘it’; Jodi’s a ‘she’! You have two familiars and you can’t manage to get my one’s gender right!”

“You know I’m doing it to annoy you, Sil.”

“Yeah, I know.”

Nyriss jotted down a quick note on how Hope stood the egg perfectly up using one of the ground’s many cracks. The more detailed Nyriss could write this article, the more the boss would pay for it. This was the story of a lifetime; it could net 10,000 treasure at least, maybe even more.

“What kind of dragon d’you think’s in that egg, ‘Riss? My bet’s on a guardian or a mirror.” Syllere removed her purse from the satchel hanging at her side, rattling it lightly to produce a satisfying clink.

“I guess I take fae and tundra, then. 1k?”

“Deal.”

The two dragons watched eagerly as Hope gave another lengthy monologue to the gathered party of three before laying a single, shaggy paw on the blue and black egg. Light spilled across the Forum, nearly reaching up to illuminate the two dragons hidden in the ringing brush. The light died down as suddenly as it came, revealing a moon-pale dragon.

“Wonderful! It’s a mirror, Nyriss, pay up.” Syllere stretched out a slender paw to collect her bounty.

“Fine, here ya are.” Nyriss dug out her own purse and counted out one-thousand treasure. With a sigh, she ladled the coins into Syllere’s palm and shoved the rest back into her pack.

With their little bet over with, the two turned their attention back to the dragons in the Forum, occasionally jotting down notes. They watched as Hope then resumed her prolonged lecture as the sky began to lighten a bit through the Tangled Wood’s fog, occasional words floating up from her to the ears of the spectators, who greedily marked them down on sheets of parchment.

Dawn had come in all its glory before Hope finished talking. The tundra seemed uncomfortable with the faint daylight and seemed to hurry through the rest of her speech in order to send the group on their way. Before she fled to the shadows of a crumbling building on the edge of the Forum, however, she stopped near the central treasure pile to pick up a suspiciously familiar feathery sphere.

“Wait a sec, Nyriss, is that…? Holy Flamecaller, it’s Jodi! HEY!!

Syllere was suddenly on the wing, flying full-speed at the purple prophet. Nyriss had no choice but to follow, leaving their packs and scrolls behind and scrambling down the sloped Forum walls to follow her friend. She ended up unceremoniously tumbling down to the floor of the bowl-like area, wings tangled around her legs and her head tucked down between the same appendages. Syllere didn’t seem to notice Nyriss’ distress, instead flying angrily to reclaim her familiar from the clutches of Hope.

“Ah, I thought that might get your attention. You thought I wouldn’t notice a dodo? Hah, you make me laugh almost as much as that guardian over there. You don’t need to hide from me if you need something, you know. I am more than happy to talk to members of any flight if they need something from me, not just those involved in a prophecy.” The prophet spoke with a happy chuckle, extending her paw out to allow Syllere to collect the disgruntled Jodi.

Azorillith, who had been walking with Hope, quickly got over her surprise and addressed Syllere, “Why would you send a dodo down here if you were trying to learn something?”

“Pfft, what makes you think I have to tell you the answer?” Syllere retorted.

“I think the fact that she is one of your new travel partners might suffice as a reason.”

“She’s my what? I didn’t sign up to travel with a judgey nocturne. I’m just here for the story.”

“I’m down to travel with a judgey nocturne! She sounds like much better company than what I’ve currently got.” Nyriss joined the conversation easily, sending a wink in the direction of Syllere before extending a paw to Azorillith. “The name’s Nyriss and I’m a story-hunter; journalist extraordinaire!”

“Well, good to meet you, I guess. My name is Azorillith. The tundra with the tan wings over there is Lataiss, and I think the guardian’s name is Bergon. If what Hope just said is right, then you guys are here to help us remember what we’re doing on our quest.”

“Woah, a prophet was talking about us? I can check that off the bucket list.” Nyriss shot Hope an excited grin before making a demonstrative paw motion. Syllere rolled her eyes, fixing Azorillith and then Hope suspicious glares. Meanwhile, the other two dragons approached the group, Bergon more carefully so as to keep the hatchling on his back balanced.

“Well, I’ve done my part of the job. I wish you luck on your quest, Azorillith, Bergon, and Lataiss. And for you two newcomers, I would appreciate it if you kept them safe as you traveled. And, finally, Umbreus, you won’t likely remember this, but, keep these dragons on the right path, okay? Well, farewell to you all; and play nice, skydancer.” With those parting words, Hope stalked off to what must have been her home. She didn’t look back once.

“So, why DID you send down a dodo to learn about the prophecy?”

“Why is THAT the most important question right now??”

Today's Drop:
Turtle Shell

So, writing Nyriss and Syllere interacting is super fun... I look forward to writing more of them!
Day Fifteen: Intruders

Near the Forum of the Obscured Crescent...

“I don’t understand… they get to take that egg with them? I hope Jodi’s getting the reason or we’ll never know.” Nyriss whispered as she watched the purple tundra, called Hope the Prophet by the local clans, glide down to the three dragons waiting below.

“Of course, Jodi’s getting it! When has she let us down?” Syllere whispered back angrily, nudging Nyriss with faintly glowing claws.

“Remember that time we were trying to spy on that wind monk and Jodi wandered off because it saw something shiny? There’s a whole pool down there filled with shiny things.”

“Jodi’s not an ‘it’; Jodi’s a ‘she’! You have two familiars and you can’t manage to get my one’s gender right!”

“You know I’m doing it to annoy you, Sil.”

“Yeah, I know.”

Nyriss jotted down a quick note on how Hope stood the egg perfectly up using one of the ground’s many cracks. The more detailed Nyriss could write this article, the more the boss would pay for it. This was the story of a lifetime; it could net 10,000 treasure at least, maybe even more.

“What kind of dragon d’you think’s in that egg, ‘Riss? My bet’s on a guardian or a mirror.” Syllere removed her purse from the satchel hanging at her side, rattling it lightly to produce a satisfying clink.

“I guess I take fae and tundra, then. 1k?”

“Deal.”

The two dragons watched eagerly as Hope gave another lengthy monologue to the gathered party of three before laying a single, shaggy paw on the blue and black egg. Light spilled across the Forum, nearly reaching up to illuminate the two dragons hidden in the ringing brush. The light died down as suddenly as it came, revealing a moon-pale dragon.

“Wonderful! It’s a mirror, Nyriss, pay up.” Syllere stretched out a slender paw to collect her bounty.

“Fine, here ya are.” Nyriss dug out her own purse and counted out one-thousand treasure. With a sigh, she ladled the coins into Syllere’s palm and shoved the rest back into her pack.

With their little bet over with, the two turned their attention back to the dragons in the Forum, occasionally jotting down notes. They watched as Hope then resumed her prolonged lecture as the sky began to lighten a bit through the Tangled Wood’s fog, occasional words floating up from her to the ears of the spectators, who greedily marked them down on sheets of parchment.

Dawn had come in all its glory before Hope finished talking. The tundra seemed uncomfortable with the faint daylight and seemed to hurry through the rest of her speech in order to send the group on their way. Before she fled to the shadows of a crumbling building on the edge of the Forum, however, she stopped near the central treasure pile to pick up a suspiciously familiar feathery sphere.

“Wait a sec, Nyriss, is that…? Holy Flamecaller, it’s Jodi! HEY!!

Syllere was suddenly on the wing, flying full-speed at the purple prophet. Nyriss had no choice but to follow, leaving their packs and scrolls behind and scrambling down the sloped Forum walls to follow her friend. She ended up unceremoniously tumbling down to the floor of the bowl-like area, wings tangled around her legs and her head tucked down between the same appendages. Syllere didn’t seem to notice Nyriss’ distress, instead flying angrily to reclaim her familiar from the clutches of Hope.

“Ah, I thought that might get your attention. You thought I wouldn’t notice a dodo? Hah, you make me laugh almost as much as that guardian over there. You don’t need to hide from me if you need something, you know. I am more than happy to talk to members of any flight if they need something from me, not just those involved in a prophecy.” The prophet spoke with a happy chuckle, extending her paw out to allow Syllere to collect the disgruntled Jodi.

Azorillith, who had been walking with Hope, quickly got over her surprise and addressed Syllere, “Why would you send a dodo down here if you were trying to learn something?”

“Pfft, what makes you think I have to tell you the answer?” Syllere retorted.

“I think the fact that she is one of your new travel partners might suffice as a reason.”

“She’s my what? I didn’t sign up to travel with a judgey nocturne. I’m just here for the story.”

“I’m down to travel with a judgey nocturne! She sounds like much better company than what I’ve currently got.” Nyriss joined the conversation easily, sending a wink in the direction of Syllere before extending a paw to Azorillith. “The name’s Nyriss and I’m a story-hunter; journalist extraordinaire!”

“Well, good to meet you, I guess. My name is Azorillith. The tundra with the tan wings over there is Lataiss, and I think the guardian’s name is Bergon. If what Hope just said is right, then you guys are here to help us remember what we’re doing on our quest.”

“Woah, a prophet was talking about us? I can check that off the bucket list.” Nyriss shot Hope an excited grin before making a demonstrative paw motion. Syllere rolled her eyes, fixing Azorillith and then Hope suspicious glares. Meanwhile, the other two dragons approached the group, Bergon more carefully so as to keep the hatchling on his back balanced.

“Well, I’ve done my part of the job. I wish you luck on your quest, Azorillith, Bergon, and Lataiss. And for you two newcomers, I would appreciate it if you kept them safe as you traveled. And, finally, Umbreus, you won’t likely remember this, but, keep these dragons on the right path, okay? Well, farewell to you all; and play nice, skydancer.” With those parting words, Hope stalked off to what must have been her home. She didn’t look back once.

“So, why DID you send down a dodo to learn about the prophecy?”

“Why is THAT the most important question right now??”

Today's Drop:
Turtle Shell

So, writing Nyriss and Syllere interacting is super fun... I look forward to writing more of them!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Day Sixteen: Ambush Part One

“The camp is this way, guys! C’mon!” Nyriss bellowed back to her new travel-mates as she clawed her way up the side of the Forum. Lataiss and Bergon had lagged behind to watch Azorillith and Syllere’s shouting match, which had begun the moment Azorillith had asked about the dodo again. On Bergon’s back, the hours-old baby Umbreus was squealing in displeasure at the noise, adding another layer of sound to the shouting and semi-distant waterfall roar.

Bergon had somehow managed to hear her and, tired with the auditory overload, roared loud enough to drown out every other sound. Lataiss flinched back and the argument died down immediately. Umbreus, however, screamed even louder and attempted to wriggle off of Bergon’s back at the noise, prompting Lataiss to flap up to intercept him. Nyriss laughed aloud before repeating her message. This time, the others listened and followed her as she climbed; Syllere, Azorillith, and Lataiss by air and Bergon with the still-screeching Umbreus by land.

“Amber! Emmy! Come out, we have Jodi!” Nyriss called out to her familiars, an autumn dryad and a common dryad, when she reached the circular indentation that marked their hideout. They scurried out of the brush and began chattering to her in dryadic, scrambling up her legs as soon as she came into their view. The others followed behind, all confused save for Syllere, who simply let her own familiar out of her grasp to wander on the ground. Once the dryads spotted Jodi, they leapt down from Nyriss’ back and walked over to the dodo, who, on realizing their intentions, settled down into a comfortable position.

“This is why we let Jodi down into the Forum; Amber over there is from the Starwood Strand; she can read animal minds. Dodos have a very complex memory system and, so long as Amber gets to Jodi fast enough, any events that transpired in Jodi’s presence can be recorded on paper. Nyriss then translates the dryadic runes into draconic and catalogues them for later use.” Syllere explained to the rather confused looking Azorillith at her side. The nocturne’s eyes grew wide with the explanation, and she began to mutter something about cleverness. Meanwhile, Bergon and Lataiss were desperately trying to calm Umbreus, who was just as loud as before.

“Do you guys have any food around here? I think he might be hungry.” Lataiss approached Nyriss, who was busily trying to shove the scrolls that had been left out into their respective cases.

“Oh, yeah! We have some jerky from a trading post that should still be fresh. If not, we might need to send out a hunting party.” Nyriss turned her attention to one of numerous satchels that were lying on the ground. “Aha! Yep, I have a whole pouchful of the stuff! Not enough for all of us, but it should satisfy the little guy for now.” Lataiss gratefully accepted the jerky and turned back to Bergon.

Nyriss cleaned up all but a large map of Sornieth, which she spread out on the table-like stump in the center of the clearing. She then shoved the various scroll cases and bags that were littered about to the far-left side and silently praised herself for the swift cleanup. With a clear place for everyone to sleep, she busied herself with gathering firewood from the brush as things began to quiet down. Umbreus finally stopped crying, allowing Lataiss and Bergon to join Nyriss in her efforts. Syllere and Azorillith, on the other hand, were having a less-argumentative-than-before discussion about dodo memory capabilities as they build a small nest-bed around the yawning Umbreus.

After a fire was going and Umbreus was asleep, Azorillith, Bergon, and Lataiss all but collapsed. As Nyriss and Syllere had just recently learned, they had spent pretty much the entirety of the last twenty-four hours awake and mostly performing physical activity. They had plenty of causes to by exhausted! Nyriss agreed to take first watch as her new travel partners and Syllere lay down to rest, Bergon creating a protective loop around half the clearing with his massive frame and sheltering all other sleeping dragons in the camp. Nyriss paced around the open half of the clearing, though no threatening creatures were encountered save for a single grouse basilisk, who stayed well away from them. The peaceful day and lack of stimulation eventually sent Nyriss into a sleep borne of boredom; she slumped over from where she had sat down an hour or two before, somehow managing to sleep in the uncomfortable-looking position she had adopted.

The day continued to pass without incident, only becoming dangerous when the faint light filtering in from through the murky cloud-cover of the Tangled Wood ceased to exist, plunging the forest into near-complete darkness. It was then that monsters emerged from the fog, on the prowl for easy prey. They found it in the form of a sleeping hatchling, guarded by equally slumbering dragons. The monsters, a pack of ghostly umbra wolves, would have howled their delight to the world had they not been such an eternally silent species. Instead, they crept closer to their quarry, licking their lips and baring their teeth. Nyriss slept on, unaware of the threatening beasts that stalked past her.

Ambush

A death streak? Maybe so, or maybe not, we'll just have to see...
Day Sixteen: Ambush Part One

“The camp is this way, guys! C’mon!” Nyriss bellowed back to her new travel-mates as she clawed her way up the side of the Forum. Lataiss and Bergon had lagged behind to watch Azorillith and Syllere’s shouting match, which had begun the moment Azorillith had asked about the dodo again. On Bergon’s back, the hours-old baby Umbreus was squealing in displeasure at the noise, adding another layer of sound to the shouting and semi-distant waterfall roar.

Bergon had somehow managed to hear her and, tired with the auditory overload, roared loud enough to drown out every other sound. Lataiss flinched back and the argument died down immediately. Umbreus, however, screamed even louder and attempted to wriggle off of Bergon’s back at the noise, prompting Lataiss to flap up to intercept him. Nyriss laughed aloud before repeating her message. This time, the others listened and followed her as she climbed; Syllere, Azorillith, and Lataiss by air and Bergon with the still-screeching Umbreus by land.

“Amber! Emmy! Come out, we have Jodi!” Nyriss called out to her familiars, an autumn dryad and a common dryad, when she reached the circular indentation that marked their hideout. They scurried out of the brush and began chattering to her in dryadic, scrambling up her legs as soon as she came into their view. The others followed behind, all confused save for Syllere, who simply let her own familiar out of her grasp to wander on the ground. Once the dryads spotted Jodi, they leapt down from Nyriss’ back and walked over to the dodo, who, on realizing their intentions, settled down into a comfortable position.

“This is why we let Jodi down into the Forum; Amber over there is from the Starwood Strand; she can read animal minds. Dodos have a very complex memory system and, so long as Amber gets to Jodi fast enough, any events that transpired in Jodi’s presence can be recorded on paper. Nyriss then translates the dryadic runes into draconic and catalogues them for later use.” Syllere explained to the rather confused looking Azorillith at her side. The nocturne’s eyes grew wide with the explanation, and she began to mutter something about cleverness. Meanwhile, Bergon and Lataiss were desperately trying to calm Umbreus, who was just as loud as before.

“Do you guys have any food around here? I think he might be hungry.” Lataiss approached Nyriss, who was busily trying to shove the scrolls that had been left out into their respective cases.

“Oh, yeah! We have some jerky from a trading post that should still be fresh. If not, we might need to send out a hunting party.” Nyriss turned her attention to one of numerous satchels that were lying on the ground. “Aha! Yep, I have a whole pouchful of the stuff! Not enough for all of us, but it should satisfy the little guy for now.” Lataiss gratefully accepted the jerky and turned back to Bergon.

Nyriss cleaned up all but a large map of Sornieth, which she spread out on the table-like stump in the center of the clearing. She then shoved the various scroll cases and bags that were littered about to the far-left side and silently praised herself for the swift cleanup. With a clear place for everyone to sleep, she busied herself with gathering firewood from the brush as things began to quiet down. Umbreus finally stopped crying, allowing Lataiss and Bergon to join Nyriss in her efforts. Syllere and Azorillith, on the other hand, were having a less-argumentative-than-before discussion about dodo memory capabilities as they build a small nest-bed around the yawning Umbreus.

After a fire was going and Umbreus was asleep, Azorillith, Bergon, and Lataiss all but collapsed. As Nyriss and Syllere had just recently learned, they had spent pretty much the entirety of the last twenty-four hours awake and mostly performing physical activity. They had plenty of causes to by exhausted! Nyriss agreed to take first watch as her new travel partners and Syllere lay down to rest, Bergon creating a protective loop around half the clearing with his massive frame and sheltering all other sleeping dragons in the camp. Nyriss paced around the open half of the clearing, though no threatening creatures were encountered save for a single grouse basilisk, who stayed well away from them. The peaceful day and lack of stimulation eventually sent Nyriss into a sleep borne of boredom; she slumped over from where she had sat down an hour or two before, somehow managing to sleep in the uncomfortable-looking position she had adopted.

The day continued to pass without incident, only becoming dangerous when the faint light filtering in from through the murky cloud-cover of the Tangled Wood ceased to exist, plunging the forest into near-complete darkness. It was then that monsters emerged from the fog, on the prowl for easy prey. They found it in the form of a sleeping hatchling, guarded by equally slumbering dragons. The monsters, a pack of ghostly umbra wolves, would have howled their delight to the world had they not been such an eternally silent species. Instead, they crept closer to their quarry, licking their lips and baring their teeth. Nyriss slept on, unaware of the threatening beasts that stalked past her.

Ambush

A death streak? Maybe so, or maybe not, we'll just have to see...
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Day Seventeen: Ambush Part Two
Trigger Warnings: Blood and Violence

On soft paws, the wolves leapt over the tail of Bergon before hopping over the curled Syllere, Lataiss, and Azorillith, the latter of which who was twitching and squeaking at some nightmare. Her fitful sleep was a threat to the wolves and, on a silent signal from the alpha, three were upon her, snapping at her neck in order to slay her as noiselessly as possible.

Azorillith was awake the moment she felt their paws on her neck, steadying it for the kill. She, with nightmares still fading from her brain, screamed and flailed her front legs to strike at her attackers as she attempted to get away. The others were awake in moments, trying to determine what was happening. The wolves not already focused on a subject all turned in seemingly one unified motion, making a desperate last-ditch attempt to get to the hatchling before anyone could attack them.

Nyriss charged toward the pandemonium while Syllere backed up, preparing a spell. They had dealt with ambushes before and were well-practiced in their respective attack fields. Bergon lashed out at the members of the pack closest to him, fending them away from the nest before wrapping his well-armored body around the hatchling. Lataiss, despite her physical attack incapability, was immediately at Azorillith’s side, scratching wolves with wild abandon. The retaliation of the dragons left several of the wolves dead, and the alpha sensed their defeat; it howled a rarely heard, dry-sounding howl to signal a retreat before it pelted off into the dark woods. The remaining pack members followed suit, only to be blasted with a spell from Syllere. Those who didn’t collapse on the spot limped off into the brush, smoke curling from their shadowy pelts.

“And stay out, ya filthy wolves!” Nyriss bellowed after them, attempting to lighten things up as well as she could before turning to the one who had truly been ambushed.

Azorillith, with adrenaline having abandoned her seconds after the wolves had sprinted away, was collapsed on the ground, shuddering and sobbing in a waking nightmare. She bled from several bite marks along her chest and shoulders. Lataiss was curled around her comfortingly, using her paws to staunch the bleeding of the largest wounds. With scared eyes, the tundra looked up to Nyriss, addressing her: “Please tell me you have some bandages or something! There’s so much blood…”

Syllere was already on it, though, rifling through the untouched pile of bags at the edge of the clearing. She finally located the proper one, a small, ruby-colored satchel, and tossed it over to Nyriss, who handed it off to Lataiss. Together, the two worked to apply what little antiseptic cream that could be found in the bag to Azorillith’s wounds before bandaging them as best they could. Azorillith didn’t react to Nyriss and Lataiss at all, not even when the ointment was applied.

“It’s going to be okay, Zory… everything’s going to be okay… just hold still, please…” Lataiss worriedly whispered as she worked, “It’s going to be okay, just stay calm…”

Today's Drop:
Mussels

Woah, another cliffhanger? You'll just have to see what happens tomorrow...
Day Seventeen: Ambush Part Two
Trigger Warnings: Blood and Violence

On soft paws, the wolves leapt over the tail of Bergon before hopping over the curled Syllere, Lataiss, and Azorillith, the latter of which who was twitching and squeaking at some nightmare. Her fitful sleep was a threat to the wolves and, on a silent signal from the alpha, three were upon her, snapping at her neck in order to slay her as noiselessly as possible.

Azorillith was awake the moment she felt their paws on her neck, steadying it for the kill. She, with nightmares still fading from her brain, screamed and flailed her front legs to strike at her attackers as she attempted to get away. The others were awake in moments, trying to determine what was happening. The wolves not already focused on a subject all turned in seemingly one unified motion, making a desperate last-ditch attempt to get to the hatchling before anyone could attack them.

Nyriss charged toward the pandemonium while Syllere backed up, preparing a spell. They had dealt with ambushes before and were well-practiced in their respective attack fields. Bergon lashed out at the members of the pack closest to him, fending them away from the nest before wrapping his well-armored body around the hatchling. Lataiss, despite her physical attack incapability, was immediately at Azorillith’s side, scratching wolves with wild abandon. The retaliation of the dragons left several of the wolves dead, and the alpha sensed their defeat; it howled a rarely heard, dry-sounding howl to signal a retreat before it pelted off into the dark woods. The remaining pack members followed suit, only to be blasted with a spell from Syllere. Those who didn’t collapse on the spot limped off into the brush, smoke curling from their shadowy pelts.

“And stay out, ya filthy wolves!” Nyriss bellowed after them, attempting to lighten things up as well as she could before turning to the one who had truly been ambushed.

Azorillith, with adrenaline having abandoned her seconds after the wolves had sprinted away, was collapsed on the ground, shuddering and sobbing in a waking nightmare. She bled from several bite marks along her chest and shoulders. Lataiss was curled around her comfortingly, using her paws to staunch the bleeding of the largest wounds. With scared eyes, the tundra looked up to Nyriss, addressing her: “Please tell me you have some bandages or something! There’s so much blood…”

Syllere was already on it, though, rifling through the untouched pile of bags at the edge of the clearing. She finally located the proper one, a small, ruby-colored satchel, and tossed it over to Nyriss, who handed it off to Lataiss. Together, the two worked to apply what little antiseptic cream that could be found in the bag to Azorillith’s wounds before bandaging them as best they could. Azorillith didn’t react to Nyriss and Lataiss at all, not even when the ointment was applied.

“It’s going to be okay, Zory… everything’s going to be okay… just hold still, please…” Lataiss worriedly whispered as she worked, “It’s going to be okay, just stay calm…”

Today's Drop:
Mussels

Woah, another cliffhanger? You'll just have to see what happens tomorrow...
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Day Eighteen: Ambush Part Three

Lataiss

Lataiss’ heart fluttered as she wrapped bandages around her friend’s chest. Her mind tumbled with what ifs: what if this wasn’t enough? What if the wounds were too severe? What if a vital tendon had been cut and Azorillith could no longer walk? Despite everyone else’s reassurances, Lataiss still worried.

Beneath Lataiss’ paws, Azorillith rested. Well, could it be considered a rest, or was she knocked out? “Or in a coma.” Lataiss’ brain unhelpfully commented. The small, logical part of her brain argued back, claiming that Azorillith’s wounds weren’t bad enough for that. In any case, Azorillith was dead to the world at the moment, hopefully just sleeping off her wounds.

“I-I’m sorry, Lataiss. This is my fault. I fell asleep; I shouldn’t have fallen asleep… look at me, I’m unscathed. I should be the one with those wounds, not her.” Nyriss whispered aloud, voice full of regret.

“It could have happened to anyone, Nyriss. You can’t blame yourself for all of it. Someone should have come to take your place long before you fell asleep. It is as much our fault as it is yours.” Lataiss responded sincerely, managing to push off her worry for a moment to give Nyriss a reassuring smile. Nyriss smiled back before walking off to join Syllere, who was using a knife to sharpen some sticks, presumably to guard the clearing for them next time.

“How’s she doing, Lataiss?” Bergon’s voice was the next to interrupt Lataiss’ nervously chattering brain.

“I think she’s okay… but I’m no healer, so I can’t be sure.” Lataiss responded simply, looking up into Bergon’s red eyes. She noticed sparks of worry glowing within their depths, a thing she wasn’t sure she was expecting. He had known Azorillith for less than a day, yet here he was, worried for her health. In spite of it all, Lataiss was able to appreciate that fact for what it was: he could see them together as a team. It was good that he did, Lataiss supposed, as they would be spending a lot of time together over the next few months. “If Azorillith survives, that is.” Her brain pessimistically observed, popping the small bubble of hope that was growing in her chest.

“I’m sure she’ll be just fine; she seems like the kind of dragon who can handle this kind of stuff.” Bergon’s comment really bolstered Lataiss’ spirits; Azorillith, if anything, was an incredibly stubborn dragon. She just wouldn’t let herself die if she could do anything about it.

“Thanks, Bergon. How about you; are you doing okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a couple scratches on my wings, but, other than that, I’m fit as a fiddle.”

“And Umbreus?”

“Unharmed and sleeping like a rock.”

Lataiss smiled faintly at that; it was good to know that only one member of their group was severely injured. Lataiss then found herself looking back down toward Azorillith, wishing desperately for her to wake up. Meanwhile, Bergon took his leave, wandering over to join the other adults where they were sharpening sticks for the perimeter.

It was past dawn before Azorillith stirred, and Lataiss was the first one to notice, of course. She silently thanked the deities when she saw her friend begin to twitch and wriggle before coming suddenly awake. “L-Lataiss?” Azorillith croaked in a dry voice, trying and failing to get up.

“I’m here Zory. You’re going to be fine.”

Blue Racer

Well, that's that! I really need to stop writing lore posts that span multiple posts but only cover one day. I swear, I'll get better about it!

As for today's battles (RNG determined a whopping 50 rounds!), everything went smoothly and I found the following notable items:
Strangler Minor Health Potion Leafy Pack
Day Eighteen: Ambush Part Three

Lataiss

Lataiss’ heart fluttered as she wrapped bandages around her friend’s chest. Her mind tumbled with what ifs: what if this wasn’t enough? What if the wounds were too severe? What if a vital tendon had been cut and Azorillith could no longer walk? Despite everyone else’s reassurances, Lataiss still worried.

Beneath Lataiss’ paws, Azorillith rested. Well, could it be considered a rest, or was she knocked out? “Or in a coma.” Lataiss’ brain unhelpfully commented. The small, logical part of her brain argued back, claiming that Azorillith’s wounds weren’t bad enough for that. In any case, Azorillith was dead to the world at the moment, hopefully just sleeping off her wounds.

“I-I’m sorry, Lataiss. This is my fault. I fell asleep; I shouldn’t have fallen asleep… look at me, I’m unscathed. I should be the one with those wounds, not her.” Nyriss whispered aloud, voice full of regret.

“It could have happened to anyone, Nyriss. You can’t blame yourself for all of it. Someone should have come to take your place long before you fell asleep. It is as much our fault as it is yours.” Lataiss responded sincerely, managing to push off her worry for a moment to give Nyriss a reassuring smile. Nyriss smiled back before walking off to join Syllere, who was using a knife to sharpen some sticks, presumably to guard the clearing for them next time.

“How’s she doing, Lataiss?” Bergon’s voice was the next to interrupt Lataiss’ nervously chattering brain.

“I think she’s okay… but I’m no healer, so I can’t be sure.” Lataiss responded simply, looking up into Bergon’s red eyes. She noticed sparks of worry glowing within their depths, a thing she wasn’t sure she was expecting. He had known Azorillith for less than a day, yet here he was, worried for her health. In spite of it all, Lataiss was able to appreciate that fact for what it was: he could see them together as a team. It was good that he did, Lataiss supposed, as they would be spending a lot of time together over the next few months. “If Azorillith survives, that is.” Her brain pessimistically observed, popping the small bubble of hope that was growing in her chest.

“I’m sure she’ll be just fine; she seems like the kind of dragon who can handle this kind of stuff.” Bergon’s comment really bolstered Lataiss’ spirits; Azorillith, if anything, was an incredibly stubborn dragon. She just wouldn’t let herself die if she could do anything about it.

“Thanks, Bergon. How about you; are you doing okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a couple scratches on my wings, but, other than that, I’m fit as a fiddle.”

“And Umbreus?”

“Unharmed and sleeping like a rock.”

Lataiss smiled faintly at that; it was good to know that only one member of their group was severely injured. Lataiss then found herself looking back down toward Azorillith, wishing desperately for her to wake up. Meanwhile, Bergon took his leave, wandering over to join the other adults where they were sharpening sticks for the perimeter.

It was past dawn before Azorillith stirred, and Lataiss was the first one to notice, of course. She silently thanked the deities when she saw her friend begin to twitch and wriggle before coming suddenly awake. “L-Lataiss?” Azorillith croaked in a dry voice, trying and failing to get up.

“I’m here Zory. You’re going to be fine.”

Blue Racer

Well, that's that! I really need to stop writing lore posts that span multiple posts but only cover one day. I swear, I'll get better about it!

As for today's battles (RNG determined a whopping 50 rounds!), everything went smoothly and I found the following notable items:
Strangler Minor Health Potion Leafy Pack
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
potions, great!))
potions, great!))
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
urgle burgle. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
[center][b]Day Nineteen: Interlude- A Travel Plan[/b][/center] -------------- The group’s decision to stay camped where they were was a unanimous and unspoken one. There were benefits to be considered on all sides: Azorillith needed time to heal from her injuries, Nyriss and Syllere wanted to downsize what they would be taking with them to a more manageable amount, and Umbreus would be much easier to travel with if he was older. So, the group hunkered down, creating makeshift walls around their camp (complete with sharp sticks for defense) and establishing hunting routines. Once Azorillith was healed, they would set off to fulfill all required of them. Their decision to stay at the camp yielded another benefit: the group could lay out a travel plan. With Nyriss and Sylleres’ collective knowledge of Sorneith, and the now catalogued prophecy requirements, a travel route was planned as follows: [b]Travel Plan:[/b] The group must traverse through ten of Sorneith’s elemental regions, taking a powerful relic from each one. Each region will have (1) Boon [a positive benefit observed while they are in the region] and (1) Bane [a negative effect that must be observed while they are in the region]. In addition to Boons and Banes, each region will have a Boss. This is the final trial the group will encounter in the region, and each will have differing requirements.* The group will stay in each region for an amount of time between fifteen and thirty days, determined by a RNG. On the final day in each region, the boss is encountered. *If the Coliseum Venue the group is currently fighting in has a boss monster that can be fought, that boss monster will replace the written Boss. ---------------- [quote name="The Viridian Labyrinth"] [b]Boon:[/b] Food is abundant here, as are natural resources. Any nests laid here will have increased survival rates. For each egg hatched, use a RNG to determine a number from one to five. The hatchling will only be considered dead if the number rolled is five. [b]Bane:[/b] The Viridian Labyrinth is home to many poisonous and venomous creatures. Once every twenty rounds in the Coliseum, flip a coin. If the coin is heads a random dragon from the group will be poisoned. Only one dragon can be poisoned per day. For each following day, they cannot fight in the Coliseum (while still poisoned) and another coin must be flipped. If the coin is heads, the dragon remains poisoned; if the coin is tails, the dragon is healed and may resume acting normally. If the dragon remains poisoned for a total of three days (including the day of the initial infection), that dragon dies. If a hatchling is the one poisoned, they die after a total of two days. [b]Boss:[/b] When the boss fight occurs, one dragon must be put into the Coliseum alone. This dragon is random and must fight three consecutive rounds in the coliseum venue matching their level. If the Venue crosses over multiple levels and they do not match the highest level for that Venue, they may do the rounds in the Venue one tier below. The relic is obtained even if the dragon does not survive all three rounds. Health potions are permissible to use during the boss fight. [/quote] [quote name="Sunbeam Ruins"] [b]Boon:[/b] The scholarly dragons of this region already have knowledge of the prophecy and are willing to negotiate a deal with the group to avoid conflict. For 200,000 treasure (must be collected by the Pinkerlocke clan through daily activities and sales; cannot be provided by my actual clan activities), the Boss battle can be avoided and a skilled mage will assist the group in capturing the dying sunlight the prophecy demands. No negative effects will be observed for declining the offer. [b]Bane:[/b] Any shadow dragons in the clan (specifically Umbreus but applies to any others) cannot function in the presence of the scorching sunlight. No shadow dragons may fight in the Coliseum while the group is in the Sunbeam Ruins. [b]Boss:[/b] Three random non-shadow dragons must fight five consecutive rounds in the Coliseum Venue matching the level of the highest-level dragon. [/quote] [quote name="The Shifting Expanse"] [b]Boon:[/b] As the group travels into lightning territory, they encounter a dragon from a local clan who is willing to assist them in their journey. One random level one dragon from my main lair may be trained to match the average group level and may assist them as they travel through the Shifting Expanse. This dragon can contribute to lore, complete Coliseum rounds, and (if applicable) become the mate of one of the Pinkerlocke dragons. The “guide” must leave the group when they leave the region. [b]Bane:[/b] Every time the group encounters a Lightning-typed enemy in the Coliseum, use a RNG to roll a number from one to twenty. If the number rolled is 1, 5, 10, 15, or 20, a random dragon from the fighting party is paralyzed and cannot a) complete that day’s Coliseum rounds with the rest of the group, leaving the remaining two to fight alone and b) cannot fight in the Coliseum for the next five days, or until the group leaves the Shifting Expanse, whichever comes first. If all clan dragons are paralyzed at once, a coin must be flipped for each day all dragons remain paralyzed. If the coin is heads, one random dragon dies. [b]Boss:[/b] When the Boss fight occurs, three random dragons must be selected from the group. If the group has at least one member of the Lightning flight or one of the original three (if only one dragon of the original three remains), two consecutive rounds must be fought in the Venue matching the level of the highest leveled dragon. If the group doesn’t meet any of the above criteria, five consecutive rounds must be fought in the Venue matching the average level of the group’s dragons. If all dragons in the party die, another party must be sent out. [/quote] [quote name="The Sea of a Thousand Currents"] [b]Boon:[/b] Every time a piece of seafood is received from Pinkerton, use a RNG to roll between the following possibilities: “Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Art/Genes, Art/Genes, Art/Genes, Art/Genes, Art/Genes, Breeding, New Dragon” The piece of seafood’s assigned Coliseum rounds are replaced with the rolled event. If a certain event cannot be completed due to breeding cooldowns or anything else, roll again, making sure to remove the impossible event from the list. A maximum of two new dragons and one laid nest are achievable for the duration of the group’s stay in the Sea of a Thousand Currents. [b]Bane:[/b] The citizens of the Sea of a Thousand Currents know of the Prophecy and do not appreciate what it means for their flight; they are always trying to make the group's lives miserable. Each time Coliseum rounds are rolled from Pinkerton, ten rounds are added to the total amount of rounds. No health potions may be used during the group’s stay here. [b]Boss:[/b] There is no real Boss for the Sea of a Thousand Currents, aside from water pressure. Randomly generate one dragon from the group. If the dragon is not of the Water flight, five Coliseum rounds must be fought (not consecutively). At the end of each battle, use a RNG to determine a number from one to twenty. If the number is ten, the dragon succumbs to the water pressure and dies. Another must then be sent down, though the number of Coliseum rounds is reduced from five to three. [/quote] [quote name="The Ashfall Waste"] [b]Boon:[/b] Many residents of the Ashfall Waste have, over the duration of their lives, gained scales impervious to fire. With enough determination, the group may be able to avoid the Boss battle if they can reach the following goal before time in the region runs out: Once per day, use the scrying workshop to randomly generate a dragon. If the dragon is of the Fire flight and has at least one gray color in any slot, flip a coin. If heads, the dragon is willing to give up a single, fire-impervious ash-grey scale. The group may then skip the Boss battle and leave the region ahead of schedule. [b]Bane:[/b] The Ashfall Waste is a dangerous place to set up a camp, what with all the lava and such. Each time the “Your dragons make camp…” textbox pops up during Coliseum rounds, a coin must be flipped. Heads sees one random dragon from the group severely burned and unable to battle for four days. Additionally, no battlestones may be applied during the group’s stay in the Ashfall Waste and all newly acquired battlestones must be sold directly from the hoard (no Auction House or Crim). All funds gained this way are given to my main clan and aren’t of consequence [b]Boss:[/b] A randomly generated team of three dragons must battle five consecutive rounds in the Coliseum Venue matching the highest-level dragon. If a dragon on the team dies during this, the remaining members must carry on without them. [/quote] [quote name="Windswept Plateau"] [b]Boon:[/b] Merchants are more common here than in any other territory. Once per week, it is possible (if desired) to randomize a list of possible outcomes (Plant, Plant, Plant, Plant, Insect, Insect, Insect, Insect, Insect, Seafood, Seafood, Seafood, Seafood, Meat, Meat, Meat, Meat, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Art, Art, Art, Death Streak, Death Streak, Breed Dragons, New dragon) and replace the day’s drop with the newly rolled value. No re-rolls are permitted. [b]Bane:[/b] The blustering winds easily disorient all but the savviest Wind dragons. Every time a coliseum team fights a wind enemy, use a RNG to determine a number from 1 to 15. If the number is 15, one randomly selected member of the current coliseum team is instantly removed from the team*. That dragon then, in lore, gets lost away from the group. For each following day, use a RNG to determine a number from 1 to 10. Unless the number is 5, the dragon cannot return to the group. The dragon remains lost until the correct number is rolled or the boss battle is three days out, whichever comes first. While lost, whenever the dragon is generated to take part in a Coliseum team, the dragon must complete the rounds separately in its own set of rounds and another name must be generated to join the other team. *This effect is not applicable to dragons of the Wind flight. Only one dragon can be lost in a day. [b]Boss:[/b] One randomly selected dragon must complete a “course” of a set of five rolls of a dice, which symbolize the dragon fighting its way through the Twisting Crescendo. If the dragon is canonically incapable of flight, the number of dice rolls doubles. In order to get through a layer of the Crescendo (one dice roll), the number rolled must be 4 or higher. If it is not, a tally is recorded, and the roll must be attempted again. The roll can be failed multiple times in a row, adding a new tally each time. Once the dragon completes the allotted amount of dice rolls, they reach the center of the Crescendo. Then, see how many tallies were accumulated throughout the course of the dice rolls. This is the amount of battles the dragon must then fight consecutively in the coliseum venue matching their level. If the dragon faints, it, in lore, dies as it exits the Crescendo. The item is still obtained by the group, but the dragon must be exalted. [/quote] [quote name="Southern Icefield"] [b]Boon: [/b] WIP [b]Bane:[/b] Snowstorms often crop up here without warning. Every time a trinket drops, a snowstorm sweeps in and immobilizes the group. No art will be done while the group is in the Icefield. Every following day a coin must be flipped. If the coin is heads, the snowstorm continues and the Pinkerton drop, if it is food, a material, or a trinket, is ignored. If the snowstorm continues for three days in a row (counting the initial day of the snowstorm), use a RNG to pick one random non-tundra dragon. Flip a coin. If the coin is heads, that dragon freezes to death and must be exalted. [b]Boss:[/b] WIP [/quote] [quote name= "Starfall Isles"] [b]Boon:[/b] The warped magic here ensures that no fainting, except that from death streaks and boss battles, is fatal and worthy of exaltation. No dragons can die outside of the listed events. [b]Bane:[/b] All drops are counted as their opposite while the group is in the Starfall Isles. For example, plants count as meat, insects as seafood (and vice versa), materials as trinkets, apparel and familiars as battle stones, ect. This makes death streaks twice as likely. [b]Boss:[/b] The boss battle takes place over the last few days of the period of time in the Starfall Isles, depending on the number of dragons in the group at the time. Daily drops are disregarded if they are food, materials, or trinkets and, instead, one dragon will enter the Coliseum to fight a number of consecutive rounds, determined by flipping a coin until a tails is achieved (with a maximum of five heads before the cap). The number of times the coin had to be flipped determines the number of rounds that must be fought in the venue one level below that dragon’s level. [/quote] [quote name="Scarred Wasteland"] [b]Boon:[/b] Death streaks may be quit at the first battle in which a plague enemy is encountered or at the seventh battle, whichever comes first. [b]Bane:[/b] The rampant diseases are no benefit to new hatchlings. For every hatchling hatched whilst in the Scarred Wasteland, generate a number from 1 to 5 using a RNG. The hatchling will only survive if the number rolled is 1. [b]Boss:[/b] An old enemy of the prophesied trio is encountered by the group. They must then find a way to kill them without dying. At least one original trio dragon, regardless of whether they are the last remaining one or not, must join a coliseum team. Roll a dice. The number on the dice is the number of rounds the coliseum team must complete consecutively. If a dragon faints, the others must continue on unless the fainted one is of the original trio. If that is the case, the battle is immediately won and the fainted dragon is exalted. [/quote] [quote name="Dragonhome"] [b]Boon:[/b] The group is very close to achieving their goal and returning with all the relics to the Shadowbinder. One dragon from each element already passed and completed can draw power from their flight’s relic, allowing them to recover from fainting once in the Coliseum; a dragon can also use their relic-power to prevent one death streak, though this consumes the relic’s use. Only one dragon must sacrifice their relic to prevent a death streak. [b]Bane:[/b] The dry weather of Dragonhome promotes the evaporation of liquids. Every time a dragon attempts to use a potion, flip a coin. The potion has evaporated if the coin reads heads. [b]Boss:[/b] A randomly generated coliseum team must fight five consecutive matches in the venue matching the level of the highest-leveled dragon. [/quote] [quote name="Gathering"] All daily gathering turns must be completed in the elemental region the group is currently in, even if the drops have no effect on the Pinkerlocke clan. For certain regions, where the clan must acquire money separately from my main clan, money from selling Gathering drops will go to the Pinkerlocke clan. If an egg is found during Gathering, a coin must be flipped for it. If heads, it goes on to be hatched by the Pinkerlocke clan; if tails, it may be sold for profit by my main clan.[/quote] [quote name="Endgame"] If one of my original trio dragons is not level twenty-five by the end of my allotted time in the final region (Dragonhome), an endgame period is entered. Drops from Pinkerton become mostly irrelevant as fifty Coliseum rounds occupy the main focus of each day. However, new dragons and breeding are allowed to occur. This time is spent in a prolonged siege against the Boss, who’s battle requirements must be met at least once every day until a) an original trio dragon reaches level twenty-five or b) all original trio dragons are dead.[/quote] -------------- [Item = Fractured Tusk] Sorry for the short story post today... I felt like using my material's writing time to start my personal rule section! A few parts are still WIP, but the others are done! In other news, I've commissioned some art for Syllere to replace one of my earlier trinket posts, which I didn't feel like doing art for personally. I will add a new post when the art is finished!
Day Nineteen: Interlude- A Travel Plan

The group’s decision to stay camped where they were was a unanimous and unspoken one. There were benefits to be considered on all sides: Azorillith needed time to heal from her injuries, Nyriss and Syllere wanted to downsize what they would be taking with them to a more manageable amount, and Umbreus would be much easier to travel with if he was older. So, the group hunkered down, creating makeshift walls around their camp (complete with sharp sticks for defense) and establishing hunting routines. Once Azorillith was healed, they would set off to fulfill all required of them.

Their decision to stay at the camp yielded another benefit: the group could lay out a travel plan. With Nyriss and Sylleres’ collective knowledge of Sorneith, and the now catalogued prophecy requirements, a travel route was planned as follows:

Travel Plan:
The group must traverse through ten of Sorneith’s elemental regions, taking a powerful relic from each one. Each region will have (1) Boon [a positive benefit observed while they are in the region] and (1) Bane [a negative effect that must be observed while they are in the region]. In addition to Boons and Banes, each region will have a Boss. This is the final trial the group will encounter in the region, and each will have differing requirements.*

The group will stay in each region for an amount of time between fifteen and thirty days, determined by a RNG. On the final day in each region, the boss is encountered.

*If the Coliseum Venue the group is currently fighting in has a boss monster that can be fought, that boss monster will replace the written Boss.
The Viridian Labyrinth wrote:
Boon: Food is abundant here, as are natural resources. Any nests laid here will have increased survival rates. For each egg hatched, use a RNG to determine a number from one to five. The hatchling will only be considered dead if the number rolled is five.

Bane: The Viridian Labyrinth is home to many poisonous and venomous creatures. Once every twenty rounds in the Coliseum, flip a coin. If the coin is heads a random dragon from the group will be poisoned. Only one dragon can be poisoned per day. For each following day, they cannot fight in the Coliseum (while still poisoned) and another coin must be flipped. If the coin is heads, the dragon remains poisoned; if the coin is tails, the dragon is healed and may resume acting normally. If the dragon remains poisoned for a total of three days (including the day of the initial infection), that dragon dies. If a hatchling is the one poisoned, they die after a total of two days.

Boss: When the boss fight occurs, one dragon must be put into the Coliseum alone. This dragon is random and must fight three consecutive rounds in the coliseum venue matching their level. If the Venue crosses over multiple levels and they do not match the highest level for that Venue, they may do the rounds in the Venue one tier below. The relic is obtained even if the dragon does not survive all three rounds. Health potions are permissible to use during the boss fight.
Sunbeam Ruins wrote:
Boon: The scholarly dragons of this region already have knowledge of the prophecy and are willing to negotiate a deal with the group to avoid conflict. For 200,000 treasure (must be collected by the Pinkerlocke clan through daily activities and sales; cannot be provided by my actual clan activities), the Boss battle can be avoided and a skilled mage will assist the group in capturing the dying sunlight the prophecy demands. No negative effects will be observed for declining the offer.

Bane: Any shadow dragons in the clan (specifically Umbreus but applies to any others) cannot function in the presence of the scorching sunlight. No shadow dragons may fight in the Coliseum while the group is in the Sunbeam Ruins.

Boss: Three random non-shadow dragons must fight five consecutive rounds in the Coliseum Venue matching the level of the highest-level dragon.
The Shifting Expanse wrote:
Boon: As the group travels into lightning territory, they encounter a dragon from a local clan who is willing to assist them in their journey. One random level one dragon from my main lair may be trained to match the average group level and may assist them as they travel through the Shifting Expanse. This dragon can contribute to lore, complete Coliseum rounds, and (if applicable) become the mate of one of the Pinkerlocke dragons. The “guide” must leave the group when they leave the region.

Bane: Every time the group encounters a Lightning-typed enemy in the Coliseum, use a RNG to roll a number from one to twenty. If the number rolled is 1, 5, 10, 15, or 20, a random dragon from the fighting party is paralyzed and cannot a) complete that day’s Coliseum rounds with the rest of the group, leaving the remaining two to fight alone and b) cannot fight in the Coliseum for the next five days, or until the group leaves the Shifting Expanse, whichever comes first. If all clan dragons are paralyzed at once, a coin must be flipped for each day all dragons remain paralyzed. If the coin is heads, one random dragon dies.

Boss: When the Boss fight occurs, three random dragons must be selected from the group. If the group has at least one member of the Lightning flight or one of the original three (if only one dragon of the original three remains), two consecutive rounds must be fought in the Venue matching the level of the highest leveled dragon. If the group doesn’t meet any of the above criteria, five consecutive rounds must be fought in the Venue matching the average level of the group’s dragons. If all dragons in the party die, another party must be sent out.
The Sea of a Thousand Currents wrote:
Boon: Every time a piece of seafood is received from Pinkerton, use a RNG to roll between the following possibilities: “Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Art/Genes, Art/Genes, Art/Genes, Art/Genes, Art/Genes, Breeding, New Dragon” The piece of seafood’s assigned Coliseum rounds are replaced with the rolled event. If a certain event cannot be completed due to breeding cooldowns or anything else, roll again, making sure to remove the impossible event from the list. A maximum of two new dragons and one laid nest are achievable for the duration of the group’s stay in the Sea of a Thousand Currents.

Bane: The citizens of the Sea of a Thousand Currents know of the Prophecy and do not appreciate what it means for their flight; they are always trying to make the group's lives miserable. Each time Coliseum rounds are rolled from Pinkerton, ten rounds are added to the total amount of rounds. No health potions may be used during the group’s stay here.

Boss: There is no real Boss for the Sea of a Thousand Currents, aside from water pressure. Randomly generate one dragon from the group. If the dragon is not of the Water flight, five Coliseum rounds must be fought (not consecutively). At the end of each battle, use a RNG to determine a number from one to twenty. If the number is ten, the dragon succumbs to the water pressure and dies. Another must then be sent down, though the number of Coliseum rounds is reduced from five to three.
The Ashfall Waste wrote:
Boon: Many residents of the Ashfall Waste have, over the duration of their lives, gained scales impervious to fire. With enough determination, the group may be able to avoid the Boss battle if they can reach the following goal before time in the region runs out:

Once per day, use the scrying workshop to randomly generate a dragon. If the dragon is of the Fire flight and has at least one gray color in any slot, flip a coin. If heads, the dragon is willing to give up a single, fire-impervious ash-grey scale. The group may then skip the Boss battle and leave the region ahead of schedule.

Bane: The Ashfall Waste is a dangerous place to set up a camp, what with all the lava and such. Each time the “Your dragons make camp…” textbox pops up during Coliseum rounds, a coin must be flipped. Heads sees one random dragon from the group severely burned and unable to battle for four days. Additionally, no battlestones may be applied during the group’s stay in the Ashfall Waste and all newly acquired battlestones must be sold directly from the hoard (no Auction House or Crim). All funds gained this way are given to my main clan and aren’t of consequence

Boss: A randomly generated team of three dragons must battle five consecutive rounds in the Coliseum Venue matching the highest-level dragon. If a dragon on the team dies during this, the remaining members must carry on without them.
Windswept Plateau wrote:
Boon: Merchants are more common here than in any other territory. Once per week, it is possible (if desired) to randomize a list of possible outcomes (Plant, Plant, Plant, Plant, Insect, Insect, Insect, Insect, Insect, Seafood, Seafood, Seafood, Seafood, Meat, Meat, Meat, Meat, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Art, Art, Art, Death Streak, Death Streak, Breed Dragons, New dragon) and replace the day’s drop with the newly rolled value. No re-rolls are permitted.

Bane: The blustering winds easily disorient all but the savviest Wind dragons. Every time a coliseum team fights a wind enemy, use a RNG to determine a number from 1 to 15. If the number is 15, one randomly selected member of the current coliseum team is instantly removed from the team*. That dragon then, in lore, gets lost away from the group. For each following day, use a RNG to determine a number from 1 to 10. Unless the number is 5, the dragon cannot return to the group. The dragon remains lost until the correct number is rolled or the boss battle is three days out, whichever comes first. While lost, whenever the dragon is generated to take part in a Coliseum team, the dragon must complete the rounds separately in its own set of rounds and another name must be generated to join the other team.

*This effect is not applicable to dragons of the Wind flight. Only one dragon can be lost in a day.

Boss: One randomly selected dragon must complete a “course” of a set of five rolls of a dice, which symbolize the dragon fighting its way through the Twisting Crescendo. If the dragon is canonically incapable of flight, the number of dice rolls doubles. In order to get through a layer of the Crescendo (one dice roll), the number rolled must be 4 or higher. If it is not, a tally is recorded, and the roll must be attempted again. The roll can be failed multiple times in a row, adding a new tally each time. Once the dragon completes the allotted amount of dice rolls, they reach the center of the Crescendo. Then, see how many tallies were accumulated throughout the course of the dice rolls. This is the amount of battles the dragon must then fight consecutively in the coliseum venue matching their level. If the dragon faints, it, in lore, dies as it exits the Crescendo. The item is still obtained by the group, but the dragon must be exalted.
Southern Icefield wrote:
Boon: WIP

Bane: Snowstorms often crop up here without warning. Every time a trinket drops, a snowstorm sweeps in and immobilizes the group. No art will be done while the group is in the Icefield. Every following day a coin must be flipped. If the coin is heads, the snowstorm continues and the Pinkerton drop, if it is food, a material, or a trinket, is ignored. If the snowstorm continues for three days in a row (counting the initial day of the snowstorm), use a RNG to pick one random non-tundra dragon. Flip a coin. If the coin is heads, that dragon freezes to death and must be exalted.

Boss: WIP
Starfall Isles wrote:
Boon: The warped magic here ensures that no fainting, except that from death streaks and boss battles, is fatal and worthy of exaltation. No dragons can die outside of the listed events.

Bane: All drops are counted as their opposite while the group is in the Starfall Isles. For example, plants count as meat, insects as seafood (and vice versa), materials as trinkets, apparel and familiars as battle stones, ect. This makes death streaks twice as likely.

Boss: The boss battle takes place over the last few days of the period of time in the Starfall Isles, depending on the number of dragons in the group at the time. Daily drops are disregarded if they are food, materials, or trinkets and, instead, one dragon will enter the Coliseum to fight a number of consecutive rounds, determined by flipping a coin until a tails is achieved (with a maximum of five heads before the cap). The number of times the coin had to be flipped determines the number of rounds that must be fought in the venue one level below that dragon’s level.
Scarred Wasteland wrote:
Boon: Death streaks may be quit at the first battle in which a plague enemy is encountered or at the seventh battle, whichever comes first.

Bane: The rampant diseases are no benefit to new hatchlings. For every hatchling hatched whilst in the Scarred Wasteland, generate a number from 1 to 5 using a RNG. The hatchling will only survive if the number rolled is 1.

Boss: An old enemy of the prophesied trio is encountered by the group. They must then find a way to kill them without dying. At least one original trio dragon, regardless of whether they are the last remaining one or not, must join a coliseum team. Roll a dice. The number on the dice is the number of rounds the coliseum team must complete consecutively. If a dragon faints, the others must continue on unless the fainted one is of the original trio. If that is the case, the battle is immediately won and the fainted dragon is exalted.
Dragonhome wrote:
Boon: The group is very close to achieving their goal and returning with all the relics to the Shadowbinder. One dragon from each element already passed and completed can draw power from their flight’s relic, allowing them to recover from fainting once in the Coliseum; a dragon can also use their relic-power to prevent one death streak, though this consumes the relic’s use. Only one dragon must sacrifice their relic to prevent a death streak.

Bane: The dry weather of Dragonhome promotes the evaporation of liquids. Every time a dragon attempts to use a potion, flip a coin. The potion has evaporated if the coin reads heads.

Boss: A randomly generated coliseum team must fight five consecutive matches in the venue matching the level of the highest-leveled dragon.
Gathering wrote:
All daily gathering turns must be completed in the elemental region the group is currently in, even if the drops have no effect on the Pinkerlocke clan. For certain regions, where the clan must acquire money separately from my main clan, money from selling Gathering drops will go to the Pinkerlocke clan. If an egg is found during Gathering, a coin must be flipped for it. If heads, it goes on to be hatched by the Pinkerlocke clan; if tails, it may be sold for profit by my main clan.
Endgame wrote:
If one of my original trio dragons is not level twenty-five by the end of my allotted time in the final region (Dragonhome), an endgame period is entered. Drops from Pinkerton become mostly irrelevant as fifty Coliseum rounds occupy the main focus of each day. However, new dragons and breeding are allowed to occur. This time is spent in a prolonged siege against the Boss, who’s battle requirements must be met at least once every day until a) an original trio dragon reaches level twenty-five or b) all original trio dragons are dead.

Fractured Tusk

Sorry for the short story post today... I felt like using my material's writing time to start my personal rule section! A few parts are still WIP, but the others are done!

In other news, I've commissioned some art for Syllere to replace one of my earlier trinket posts, which I didn't feel like doing art for personally. I will add a new post when the art is finished!
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Didya say...
art?
-mirror dragon turns and looks-
Didya say...
art?
-mirror dragon turns and looks-
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
urgle burgle. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
@NovaBorn

I did indeed! Syllere is my favorite and I wanted to spoil her with some funds from the G1 egg I sold a few days ago... So art it was!
@NovaBorn

I did indeed! Syllere is my favorite and I wanted to spoil her with some funds from the G1 egg I sold a few days ago... So art it was!
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Day Twenty: Disaster
Trigger Warning:Character Death

It was the day of departure; the day the group could finally leave the Tangled Wood in favor of the Viridian Labyrinth, their first stop. Everyone was almost packed, everyone meaning the bickering Nyriss and Syllere who were still griping about which bags to leave and which bags to take with them. Bergon was unwittingly participating as they strapped and unstrapped bags to his massive sides for easier transportation, rolling his eyes each time the shouting sparked back up again. Umbreus, who had grown a surprising amount over the last few days, was somehow napping in a saddle-like basket strapped to Bergon’s back.

Lataiss was cleaning up the last scraps that remained of their residence, tossing portions of wooden wall into a massive bonfire that sat in the center of the clearing and carefully dodging around the form slumped on the ground: Azorillith. The blue nocturne was enjoying the best sleep she had entered in days, and Lataiss was loathe to interrupt it until it was time to leave.

“C’mon guys, just take it all. I can handle all the bags you have; we’re not flying to the Labyrinth anyway.” Bergon finally snapped, whipping his head around to deliver a grumpy message to the two behind him. Pleased with his offer, they began to load bags with a unified effort as Bergon addressed Lataiss, “You should wake Azorillith; it’s almost time to leave.”

“Will do!” Lataiss replied cheerfully, all but bouncing over to her friend’s side. “Zory! Wake up!” She shook her friend’s shoulders with vigor, almost shouting the wake-up call. Her friend remained limp under her efforts, flopping around with Lataiss’ excited arm movements.

“Zory!! I know you’re not that heavy a sleeper!” Lataiss bellowed this time, shaking Azorillith even harder. “GET UP!!!”

The clearing grew silent as Lataiss’ last words faded into the distance. Everyone stared at the two dragons in the center of the clearing, eyes wide with a mixture of emotions.

“The joke’s up, Zory… we all know you’re faking it.” Lataiss chided, sitting back on her haunches like a mother berating a child. She studied Azorillith critically for a moment before seizing up. “Holy Eleven, she’s not breathing!!! ZORY!” Lataiss was frantic now, paws pushing hard on Azorillith’s still-healing chest. “C’mon Zory! Get up, please!”

The others were at her side in a flash, watching anxiously and muttering small prayers to the deities. Lataiss was sobbing now, sides heaving as she pushed on her friends chest with a desperate force. “P-please… you were doing so well Z-Zory… please get up…”

Bergon’s massive claws were the only things that could drag her away; they closed around her and pulled her back after five minutes of fruitless effort. She screamed the whole time, thrashing in his grip: “BERGON STOP!! I can save her!! LET ME GO!!!!”

He didn’t relent, telling her in a forcibly calm voice: “There’s nothing you can do, Lataiss. It’s too late.”

“N-NO! IT’S NOT!! LET ME GO!!!” Lataiss scratched feebly at Bergon’s arms, shaking with exertion.

Syllere, meanwhile, helped Nyriss move the body out of Lataiss’ line of sight. “I wonder what happened…She seemed like she was healing up just fine…” Syllere murmured to Nyriss as they stopped, hidden by the trees.

“I’m not a healer, Sil. The only thing I can think of is infection; but we checked the bandages each day and things looked normal.”

“Maybe some sort of vital organ ruptured during the ambush. She was complaining of stomach pains the last few days. Who knows?” Syllere cast a sad look at the lifeless Nocturne. She had been looking forward to having a similarly intellectual companion on the journey.

“Should we bury her?”

“No! Lataiss was her best friend; if anyone gets the honor to lay Azorillith to rest, it’s her.”

The funeral ceremony was held that very day in the clearing where they had spent their last few days. Bergon managed to calm Lataiss down enough to hold the ceremony, but she was a sobbing wreck the whole time and was barely able to deliver the hastily-written obituary before breaking down again. They buried Azorillith that evening, Lataiss herself digging the grave and locating a suitable headstone. She would accept no help from the others and spent the rest of the day following the burial staring into the distance with tear-filled eyes. Bergon stood vigil with her out of solidarity, leaving the others to look after the confused and wriggly Umbreus.

“Lataiss?” Bergon’s voice cleaved through the gloomy darkness, barely registering in the ears of the recipient.

“Y-yes?” Lataiss voice wavered even with the simple word she spoke.

“I’m really sorry… I can’t imagine how hard this must be for you. You’ve lost so much over the last few weeks, and I was so happy that Azorillith was here for you and recovering from her injuries so that you wouldn’t be so lonely and sad… but, now… oh, I’m just so sorry.”

“It’s n-not your fa-ault…” Lataiss broke down then, a fresh round of tears pouring from her eyes. Bergon wrapped a wing around her comfortingly and said nothing; holding her as she grieved.

Berserker

Screw you, Pinkerton! I can't believe that you gave me ANOTHER battle stone!

So, in case you couldn't tell by Azorillith's death in today's story post, I flipped heads for my coin flip. My team was Bergon, Nyriss, and Azorillith. Bergon and Azorillith were both level 8, so we went to the Scorched Forest. We made it 8. freaking. rounds. I was careful, Bergon was guarding the low-leveled Nyriss and everyone was above half-health due to potions. Things were even going great that round, two of the three enemies were already down and the last was half-health. Of course, the remaining enemy had to be a Wintermane Archer. Of course, the Archer HAD to fire at Azorillith with an ice beam, OHKOing her. I grieve right alongside poor Lataiss for this one; Azorillith was my second favorite character and she will be missed. If anyone reads this, Azorillith will be available for a few days if you want to take her; if not, I'll be exalting her.
Day Twenty: Disaster
Trigger Warning:Character Death

It was the day of departure; the day the group could finally leave the Tangled Wood in favor of the Viridian Labyrinth, their first stop. Everyone was almost packed, everyone meaning the bickering Nyriss and Syllere who were still griping about which bags to leave and which bags to take with them. Bergon was unwittingly participating as they strapped and unstrapped bags to his massive sides for easier transportation, rolling his eyes each time the shouting sparked back up again. Umbreus, who had grown a surprising amount over the last few days, was somehow napping in a saddle-like basket strapped to Bergon’s back.

Lataiss was cleaning up the last scraps that remained of their residence, tossing portions of wooden wall into a massive bonfire that sat in the center of the clearing and carefully dodging around the form slumped on the ground: Azorillith. The blue nocturne was enjoying the best sleep she had entered in days, and Lataiss was loathe to interrupt it until it was time to leave.

“C’mon guys, just take it all. I can handle all the bags you have; we’re not flying to the Labyrinth anyway.” Bergon finally snapped, whipping his head around to deliver a grumpy message to the two behind him. Pleased with his offer, they began to load bags with a unified effort as Bergon addressed Lataiss, “You should wake Azorillith; it’s almost time to leave.”

“Will do!” Lataiss replied cheerfully, all but bouncing over to her friend’s side. “Zory! Wake up!” She shook her friend’s shoulders with vigor, almost shouting the wake-up call. Her friend remained limp under her efforts, flopping around with Lataiss’ excited arm movements.

“Zory!! I know you’re not that heavy a sleeper!” Lataiss bellowed this time, shaking Azorillith even harder. “GET UP!!!”

The clearing grew silent as Lataiss’ last words faded into the distance. Everyone stared at the two dragons in the center of the clearing, eyes wide with a mixture of emotions.

“The joke’s up, Zory… we all know you’re faking it.” Lataiss chided, sitting back on her haunches like a mother berating a child. She studied Azorillith critically for a moment before seizing up. “Holy Eleven, she’s not breathing!!! ZORY!” Lataiss was frantic now, paws pushing hard on Azorillith’s still-healing chest. “C’mon Zory! Get up, please!”

The others were at her side in a flash, watching anxiously and muttering small prayers to the deities. Lataiss was sobbing now, sides heaving as she pushed on her friends chest with a desperate force. “P-please… you were doing so well Z-Zory… please get up…”

Bergon’s massive claws were the only things that could drag her away; they closed around her and pulled her back after five minutes of fruitless effort. She screamed the whole time, thrashing in his grip: “BERGON STOP!! I can save her!! LET ME GO!!!!”

He didn’t relent, telling her in a forcibly calm voice: “There’s nothing you can do, Lataiss. It’s too late.”

“N-NO! IT’S NOT!! LET ME GO!!!” Lataiss scratched feebly at Bergon’s arms, shaking with exertion.

Syllere, meanwhile, helped Nyriss move the body out of Lataiss’ line of sight. “I wonder what happened…She seemed like she was healing up just fine…” Syllere murmured to Nyriss as they stopped, hidden by the trees.

“I’m not a healer, Sil. The only thing I can think of is infection; but we checked the bandages each day and things looked normal.”

“Maybe some sort of vital organ ruptured during the ambush. She was complaining of stomach pains the last few days. Who knows?” Syllere cast a sad look at the lifeless Nocturne. She had been looking forward to having a similarly intellectual companion on the journey.

“Should we bury her?”

“No! Lataiss was her best friend; if anyone gets the honor to lay Azorillith to rest, it’s her.”

The funeral ceremony was held that very day in the clearing where they had spent their last few days. Bergon managed to calm Lataiss down enough to hold the ceremony, but she was a sobbing wreck the whole time and was barely able to deliver the hastily-written obituary before breaking down again. They buried Azorillith that evening, Lataiss herself digging the grave and locating a suitable headstone. She would accept no help from the others and spent the rest of the day following the burial staring into the distance with tear-filled eyes. Bergon stood vigil with her out of solidarity, leaving the others to look after the confused and wriggly Umbreus.

“Lataiss?” Bergon’s voice cleaved through the gloomy darkness, barely registering in the ears of the recipient.

“Y-yes?” Lataiss voice wavered even with the simple word she spoke.

“I’m really sorry… I can’t imagine how hard this must be for you. You’ve lost so much over the last few weeks, and I was so happy that Azorillith was here for you and recovering from her injuries so that you wouldn’t be so lonely and sad… but, now… oh, I’m just so sorry.”

“It’s n-not your fa-ault…” Lataiss broke down then, a fresh round of tears pouring from her eyes. Bergon wrapped a wing around her comfortingly and said nothing; holding her as she grieved.

Berserker

Screw you, Pinkerton! I can't believe that you gave me ANOTHER battle stone!

So, in case you couldn't tell by Azorillith's death in today's story post, I flipped heads for my coin flip. My team was Bergon, Nyriss, and Azorillith. Bergon and Azorillith were both level 8, so we went to the Scorched Forest. We made it 8. freaking. rounds. I was careful, Bergon was guarding the low-leveled Nyriss and everyone was above half-health due to potions. Things were even going great that round, two of the three enemies were already down and the last was half-health. Of course, the remaining enemy had to be a Wintermane Archer. Of course, the Archer HAD to fire at Azorillith with an ice beam, OHKOing her. I grieve right alongside poor Lataiss for this one; Azorillith was my second favorite character and she will be missed. If anyone reads this, Azorillith will be available for a few days if you want to take her; if not, I'll be exalting her.
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Day Twenty-One: The Everbloom Gardens

“Land ahoy!! Please clear all belongings from the storage area and wait for my signal to depart!” The ferry conductor’s voice tumbled loudly from a pipe system designed specifically to transmit her messages to the dragons waiting in the ferry hold. After a two-hour journey across the Viridian Strait, Bergon, Lataiss, Nyriss, Syllere, and the fidgety young Umbreus were more than ready to begin the first step in their continent-wide journey.

A few minutes later, the conductor bellowed her next message: “We have arrived at the Everbloom Gardens! Please make your way up to the deck to depart at your earliest convenience.” The group were among the first dragons off the massive boat, eagerly making their way out onto the vibrant green grass. The Everbloom Gardens were certainly a sight to behold, towering trees sending down dappled rays of sunlight to illuminate thousands of gorgeous flowers.

“Wow…” Lataiss spoke softly, “Look at all the colors! Azorillith would have loved this place.” Lataiss’ words held barely concealed melancholy, mirroring what her mood had been ever since Azorillith’s hasty funeral. She had made a habit of mentioning the deceased nocturne often since that time, as if she was worried she’d forget. Given her species, maybe that was exactly why.

“I agree, Lataiss! Man, if I had grown up here… I could be a professional botanist by now! Wouldn’t that be amazing…” Bergon had plopped himself down on the ground a few feet away from the unloading dock for the ferry, eagerly sketching the flowers closest to him.

“You want to be a botanist, Bergon? You don’t seem like the gardening type.” Syllere observed from where she was staring at one of Nyriss’ many maps of the Viridian Labyrinth.

“A botanist and a gardener are two very different things, Syllere. However, I would happily be either if I was able to study the things I worked with.” Bergon replied as he moved on to the next flower. “I may not look it, but I’m actually very interested in biology! It would have become my full-time hobby if my old clan hadn’t been so, erm, inclined to other pursuits.”

“It explains the goggles, at least!” Nyriss piped up from Syllere’s side. “Oh, and, when you’re done with your drawing, I have an idea of where we can set up camp for the night.”

Lataiss sidled up to Syllere and Nyriss, who pointed out a location on a map of the Everbloom Gardens. “You want to set up a camp here?” she asked in the same quiet voice as before.

“Of course; we need a place to stay while Umbreus matures. He IS supposed to guide you to the thing you’re looking for, after all, and he can’t do that so well in his current young state.” Syllere replied easily, coaxing an understanding “Oh” out of Lataiss.

“All finished, guys!” Bergon walked over easily, notebook re-attached to his hip amongst Nyriss and Syllere’s many bags. Nyriss hastily rolled up her maps and the group walked off together into the green undergrowth, talking of small things and camp designs as they went.

Thistle

At least Pinkerton is trying to apologize for the death streak by giving me some time to do the coli on my terms. I only rolled 16 rounds today, so I didn't get much of anything good.

As for the story, now that the dragons are officially in the Viridian Labyrinth, I can roll up how many days they'll be spending here. The RNG decided that they will be staying in the Viridian Labyrinth for 20 more days following this one. That's quite a chunk of time, but I don't mind for the sake of a good story and a good challenge.
Day Twenty-One: The Everbloom Gardens

“Land ahoy!! Please clear all belongings from the storage area and wait for my signal to depart!” The ferry conductor’s voice tumbled loudly from a pipe system designed specifically to transmit her messages to the dragons waiting in the ferry hold. After a two-hour journey across the Viridian Strait, Bergon, Lataiss, Nyriss, Syllere, and the fidgety young Umbreus were more than ready to begin the first step in their continent-wide journey.

A few minutes later, the conductor bellowed her next message: “We have arrived at the Everbloom Gardens! Please make your way up to the deck to depart at your earliest convenience.” The group were among the first dragons off the massive boat, eagerly making their way out onto the vibrant green grass. The Everbloom Gardens were certainly a sight to behold, towering trees sending down dappled rays of sunlight to illuminate thousands of gorgeous flowers.

“Wow…” Lataiss spoke softly, “Look at all the colors! Azorillith would have loved this place.” Lataiss’ words held barely concealed melancholy, mirroring what her mood had been ever since Azorillith’s hasty funeral. She had made a habit of mentioning the deceased nocturne often since that time, as if she was worried she’d forget. Given her species, maybe that was exactly why.

“I agree, Lataiss! Man, if I had grown up here… I could be a professional botanist by now! Wouldn’t that be amazing…” Bergon had plopped himself down on the ground a few feet away from the unloading dock for the ferry, eagerly sketching the flowers closest to him.

“You want to be a botanist, Bergon? You don’t seem like the gardening type.” Syllere observed from where she was staring at one of Nyriss’ many maps of the Viridian Labyrinth.

“A botanist and a gardener are two very different things, Syllere. However, I would happily be either if I was able to study the things I worked with.” Bergon replied as he moved on to the next flower. “I may not look it, but I’m actually very interested in biology! It would have become my full-time hobby if my old clan hadn’t been so, erm, inclined to other pursuits.”

“It explains the goggles, at least!” Nyriss piped up from Syllere’s side. “Oh, and, when you’re done with your drawing, I have an idea of where we can set up camp for the night.”

Lataiss sidled up to Syllere and Nyriss, who pointed out a location on a map of the Everbloom Gardens. “You want to set up a camp here?” she asked in the same quiet voice as before.

“Of course; we need a place to stay while Umbreus matures. He IS supposed to guide you to the thing you’re looking for, after all, and he can’t do that so well in his current young state.” Syllere replied easily, coaxing an understanding “Oh” out of Lataiss.

“All finished, guys!” Bergon walked over easily, notebook re-attached to his hip amongst Nyriss and Syllere’s many bags. Nyriss hastily rolled up her maps and the group walked off together into the green undergrowth, talking of small things and camp designs as they went.

Thistle

At least Pinkerton is trying to apologize for the death streak by giving me some time to do the coli on my terms. I only rolled 16 rounds today, so I didn't get much of anything good.

As for the story, now that the dragons are officially in the Viridian Labyrinth, I can roll up how many days they'll be spending here. The RNG decided that they will be staying in the Viridian Labyrinth for 20 more days following this one. That's quite a chunk of time, but I don't mind for the sake of a good story and a good challenge.
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6