Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Personal]A Legacy of Lore & Locke
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
UPGRADES UPGRADES!

Okay so all in all here, Ozzy is the preferred choice I'd say with the double upgrade. Daisuke is second with the inheritance of the gem gene, followed by Kassadin.

Fingers crossed on of those kiddos survives!

...I need to work on my own Lore/Legacy/Locke.
UPGRADES UPGRADES!

Okay so all in all here, Ozzy is the preferred choice I'd say with the double upgrade. Daisuke is second with the inheritance of the gem gene, followed by Kassadin.

Fingers crossed on of those kiddos survives!

...I need to work on my own Lore/Legacy/Locke.
Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
@fenshae so many upgrades! I can only dream, I see . . . Can't wait to see what you have for the finale!
@fenshae so many upgrades! I can only dream, I see . . . Can't wait to see what you have for the finale!
oooo congrats on all the upgrades ovo i hope that either daisuke or ozzy survive due to their upgrades ;3;
oooo congrats on all the upgrades ovo i hope that either daisuke or ozzy survive due to their upgrades ;3;

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

If it’s in my active purge tab, take them. I want them gone.
(Quiet cackling)
(Quiet cackling)
*hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a
[center][item=ebon-edged spear][/center] [quote] Outside the tower, the end of days was fast approaching. Or, anyway, that's certainly how it appeared. For the villagers who huddled in their houses, fearful of the shattering reality outside, of the monsters that spilled out into the world...times had never seemed so bleak. So why, then, was Pascale smiling? "Are you familiar, Ashur, with the tale of Ozymandias?" "No, sir, I cannot say that I am." "Ask Egypt sometime. I'm sure he would delight in the telling." The skydancer pulled away from his advisor, gazing out over the shadow-swept ruins, a slight smirk upon his lips. The sky was an angry purplish hue, blue cut through with streaks of red, and the black clouds that seemed to ooze from the broken sky hung like tar, dripping from the wounds of a damaged reality. "Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair," Pascale murmured to himself. "What was that, sir?" "Nothing. Fetch Nightvale. It is time." Ashur nodded, dipping his head in deference before turning and heading down for the alchemist. The tundra arrived shortly after, followed by a handful of miscellaneous staff members -- Rafadel and Egypt, the professors; Ashur, the bookkeeper; Storm and Darrin, curious graduate students. And then, of course, nervously, the parents. Cressida and Jaime, the latest in a generation, standing at the head of a swell of young dragons, all of them useful...in their time. "Will the number be sufficient?" Pascale asked Nightvale. The sun, or what passed for the sun through the reddish haze, shivered behind a black cloud. Darkness loomed at the edges of their vision. They stood in midday and felt the gloom settle down upon them. "It should, my lord," Nightvale agreed, counting them off one by one. "Will it matter that Pearl and her kind are not present?" "It should make little difference. She is inconsequential." A wry twist of lips. "Not so very inconsequential. Recall that our heir is the product of her...dalliances." "The elder gods work in mysterious ways, my lord." "Indeed they do." Cressida hugged her son tightly, then nudged him forward, collapsing to tremble alongside her other children, rejects. They would not fall in battle, as the forebears had. No...she knew what would happen, as Pascale had given her that courtesy. The same was not true of all the others assembled here to witness the crowning of the academy's young prince. "Dispatch them swiftly, then," Pascale said, at length, lifting a talon to signal the guards who stood in the shadows. "They have served me well, and deserve as much." ~*~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47737829] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/477379/47737829_350.png[/img] [/url] In total, there were 19 dragons sacrificed that day, reduced to their magical essence by Pascale's unique ability and brewed, carefully, into the tonic that would complete the ritual. "Ozymandias," Pascale said, holding the goblet out to the young imperial. "Your body is the vessel." "May his magic shine against the darkness!" Came the answering call, from those left in the crowd to murmur it. "Drink deep, and be reborn." Ozzy took the goblet, drinking down the magical liquid in a long, breathless gulp. He tried hard not to think about what had gone into making it. He closed his eyes and waited. He expected for nothing to happen. But something [i]did [/i]happen. A fierce burning, like a fire opened in his belly, burning through his graceful long neck and threatening to consume him from the inside out. It spread all through him, causing the runic markings on his scales to glow, opening cracks of bright light from some place beneath his flesh, and he threw back his head and howled. Something not-himself crawled up into his body, filling every part of him as though he were merely a costume for something...ancient, and powerful, and poorly contained. He screeched out into the night. And the monsters, entering the world from their rifts in the fabric of space, hesitated, ears attuned to the call. They heard his scream, and they were...afraid. [/quote] How's that for a finale? Sorry for the spotty updating. Thank you to everyone for sticking with me through this crazy ride! Ozzy is the surviving heir of the Lorelocke challenge...although, wherever Pascale is involved, "winning" is sure to come with some unwanted prizes. Almost all of the other challenge dragons have been exalted. There are a few surviving stragglers, though: Soraka, Ryze, Pavo, Fugue and Lodel made it out alive, as well as Pearl, Bula and Rivoltante. What adventures lurk in their future? Time will tell. There is another chapter of lore soon to develop from all of this, and another type of challenge. If you are interested in sticking around to be pinged for Chapter 2, please let me know :) I'm thinking I'll probably set up a proper Lore thread for these goons sometime, and will most likely create a new/different challenge thread in the coming days. Spoiler alert: What's happening next is sort of like a demented, ridiculous take on a 100-hatchling challenge. Hope to see you all there! @DiRoxy @Everburn @InkedMyths @firewingers @FinalValkyrie21 @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset @Honeyflight @SpaceSnake @TheAwesoMew @DarkYaten @Foxe @Gilbunny @pipascout22 @Vespheree @Capellith @waddigator @atomicsharkchild @chowboys @MysteryGyn @PharaohAtem @Nargeorgicorn @RadientAngel @Jaspernoir @Tynethyne @PuddingValiants @Morigan
Ebon-Edged Spear
Quote:
Outside the tower, the end of days was fast approaching.

Or, anyway, that's certainly how it appeared. For the villagers who huddled in their houses, fearful of the shattering reality outside, of the monsters that spilled out into the world...times had never seemed so bleak.

So why, then, was Pascale smiling?

"Are you familiar, Ashur, with the tale of Ozymandias?"

"No, sir, I cannot say that I am."

"Ask Egypt sometime. I'm sure he would delight in the telling."

The skydancer pulled away from his advisor, gazing out over the shadow-swept ruins, a slight smirk upon his lips. The sky was an angry purplish hue, blue cut through with streaks of red, and the black clouds that seemed to ooze from the broken sky hung like tar, dripping from the wounds of a damaged reality.

"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair," Pascale murmured to himself.

"What was that, sir?"

"Nothing. Fetch Nightvale. It is time."

Ashur nodded, dipping his head in deference before turning and heading down for the alchemist.

The tundra arrived shortly after, followed by a handful of miscellaneous staff members -- Rafadel and Egypt, the professors; Ashur, the bookkeeper; Storm and Darrin, curious graduate students.

And then, of course, nervously, the parents. Cressida and Jaime, the latest in a generation, standing at the head of a swell of young dragons, all of them useful...in their time.

"Will the number be sufficient?" Pascale asked Nightvale. The sun, or what passed for the sun through the reddish haze, shivered behind a black cloud. Darkness loomed at the edges of their vision. They stood in midday and felt the gloom settle down upon them.

"It should, my lord," Nightvale agreed, counting them off one by one.

"Will it matter that Pearl and her kind are not present?"

"It should make little difference. She is inconsequential."

A wry twist of lips. "Not so very inconsequential. Recall that our heir is the product of her...dalliances."

"The elder gods work in mysterious ways, my lord."

"Indeed they do."

Cressida hugged her son tightly, then nudged him forward, collapsing to tremble alongside her other children, rejects. They would not fall in battle, as the forebears had. No...she knew what would happen, as Pascale had given her that courtesy.

The same was not true of all the others assembled here to witness the crowning of the academy's young prince.

"Dispatch them swiftly, then," Pascale said, at length, lifting a talon to signal the guards who stood in the shadows. "They have served me well, and deserve as much."

~*~

47737829_350.png

In total, there were 19 dragons sacrificed that day, reduced to their magical essence by Pascale's unique ability and brewed, carefully, into the tonic that would complete the ritual.

"Ozymandias," Pascale said, holding the goblet out to the young imperial. "Your body is the vessel."

"May his magic shine against the darkness!" Came the answering call, from those left in the crowd to murmur it.

"Drink deep, and be reborn."

Ozzy took the goblet, drinking down the magical liquid in a long, breathless gulp. He tried hard not to think about what had gone into making it. He closed his eyes and waited. He expected for nothing to happen.

But something did happen. A fierce burning, like a fire opened in his belly, burning through his graceful long neck and threatening to consume him from the inside out. It spread all through him, causing the runic markings on his scales to glow, opening cracks of bright light from some place beneath his flesh, and he threw back his head and howled.

Something not-himself crawled up into his body, filling every part of him as though he were merely a costume for something...ancient, and powerful, and poorly contained.

He screeched out into the night.

And the monsters, entering the world from their rifts in the fabric of space, hesitated, ears attuned to the call.

They heard his scream, and they were...afraid.

How's that for a finale?

Sorry for the spotty updating. Thank you to everyone for sticking with me through this crazy ride!

Ozzy is the surviving heir of the Lorelocke challenge...although, wherever Pascale is involved, "winning" is sure to come with some unwanted prizes.

Almost all of the other challenge dragons have been exalted. There are a few surviving stragglers, though: Soraka, Ryze, Pavo, Fugue and Lodel made it out alive, as well as Pearl, Bula and Rivoltante. What adventures lurk in their future? Time will tell.

There is another chapter of lore soon to develop from all of this, and another type of challenge. If you are interested in sticking around to be pinged for Chapter 2, please let me know :)

I'm thinking I'll probably set up a proper Lore thread for these goons sometime, and will most likely create a new/different challenge thread in the coming days.

Spoiler alert: What's happening next is sort of like a demented, ridiculous take on a 100-hatchling challenge. Hope to see you all there!

@DiRoxy @Everburn @InkedMyths @firewingers @FinalValkyrie21
@TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset @Honeyflight @SpaceSnake @TheAwesoMew @DarkYaten @Foxe @Gilbunny @pipascout22 @Vespheree @Capellith @waddigator @atomicsharkchild @chowboys @MysteryGyn @PharaohAtem @Nargeorgicorn @RadientAngel @Jaspernoir @Tynethyne @PuddingValiants @Morigan
@fenshae

Please slap me on the pinglist for chapter two! I can't wait to see where it goes :D

Also, please ping me for the lore thread, too! I'd love to read more about all these dragons whenever you make it :D
@fenshae

Please slap me on the pinglist for chapter two! I can't wait to see where it goes :D

Also, please ping me for the lore thread, too! I'd love to read more about all these dragons whenever you make it :D
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
@fenshae Ping me for chapter two!
@fenshae Ping me for chapter two!
@fenshae

Please please ping me for the next chapter! That was fantastic.
@fenshae

Please please ping me for the next chapter! That was fantastic.
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
Please ping me for the lore thread! This is great! Poor Ozzy though.
Please ping me for the lore thread! This is great! Poor Ozzy though.
Maybe help me do a mass hatch for some art?
Ooh, please ping me for the next chapter! What a finale :)
Ooh, please ping me for the next chapter! What a finale :)
wq9PoXA.png
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36