Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Bonewood Spire (come watch!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/JIB8w1M.png[/img][/center] On this, the month of the Plaguebringer, a new aberration on the horizon of the Scared Wasteland has risen. A soaring palace, spires puncturing the blood-tainted sky, built of bonewood and crimson-veined marble and scorched iron. Its gates have remained sealed, impervious to the efforts of magework and brute strength alike. None have learned of the horrors concealed within. But on the week of the Riot of Rot, the gates have swung open of their own accord. The space within is hazed with a thick fog of smoke, its whirls reaching out hungrily towards all who approach. None have approached the palace yet, each stocking up resources and steeling their nerves, In order to brave the contagion within. The clans of the Scarred Wasteland challenge all who dare to enter the palace. They offer rewards of bragging rights to those who make it out of the Bonewood Spires unharmed, unscathed... And, of course, without infection. ------------------------------ This is a game of chance and skill in which those who enter the Bonewood Spires must navigate their way around the palace and find a way out without contracting a deadly disease or perishing in the process. What will happen is, on the start of the Riot of Rot, all dragons registered will be forced into the palace. The gates will swing shut behind you and will automatically lock, and will open under no circumstances. You must all work as a team in order to find a hidden exit located somewhere within the palace. However, only one dragon may use each exit, once a single dragon has passed through the exit will close permanently. Some exits can only be used by a certain species or flight of dragon. There will always be at least one exit in existence, so you will never be truly trapped in the palace. However, not all exits will be usable to all party members, and may even be useless to the entire party. There are also hazards that you must avoid (many, many more hazards than there are exits). Most of them are diseases that will either take you out of the game entirely, or will hamper or disable a dragon's disability (for example, a fae that contracts a certain disease may not be able to use a fae-only exit due to the disease). If a disease does not kill you outright, you may or may not be aware of it, as I may keep this information private or public depending on circumstances. Diseases can do basically anything. I'm very good at coming up with creative ways to crush and smash and smash people (I was the DM for my group's campaign for Tomb of Horrors, hehe). There's diseases that kill you, then there's diseases that can remove particular abilities and traits, then there's the ones that can spread from group member to group members, then there's some that let you use only one specific exit in the entire palace, and there's that one that doesn't have any effects besides making you about three times more likely to contract other diseases. This will be very fun for me. ---------------------------------- The game runs mainly on roleplaying. Most events can only be triggered by certain actions. For example: (Bolded words is the result. This may or may not be made known to you, depending on the outcome.) [i]Bob (male guardian) sticks his talons into the basin of greenish-looking water.[b] In doing this, Bob has contracted a disease that renders him flightless. (This will be made known to the player)[/b] [i]Mary (female snapper) pushes the tapestries aside and inspects the wall behind. [b] Mary notices a mirror that holds no reflection, only showing the room. This is a secret exit usable only for dragons wearing Marva's Invisibility Cloak. (The fact that it is a hidden exit will be made known. The Invisibility Cloak fact will not be made known, however players using dragon with the Cloak will receive a message saying something like "Your dragon feels a faint sense of attraction towards the mirror.")[/b] Anyone who has played Dungeons and Dragons will recognize this style of gaming, though much more simplified and without the dice-rolling. All causes of disease as well as locations and functions of exits are SET. They were organized beforehand, I have not edited the map to suit a particular player. [b]It is my job to kill all of you, not a select few of you. ;)[/b] THERE IS ONE WAY TO GET EVERYONE OUT AT THE SAME TIME. This is the Plaguemother's Altar, an altar dedicated to the Plaguebringer hidden somewhere within the Bonewood Spires. It is the most heavily guarded location in the entire palace, and for good reason. Also located around the palace are Artifacts. If all artifacts are found and placed on the Altar, the palace gates will open once again, and all trapped within will be allowed out. If a player finds an Artifact, they may place it in their inventory. Artifacts are the only items that may be placed in Inventory. Inventory should be kept in a dragon's bio. It is very important that you keep track of Artifacts. If a single one is missing from the Altar, the gates will not open. I will not say how many Artifacts exist. There's fewer than 1000 of them, ha ha ha. ----------------------------------- Please ping me under this thread with the name and image of your participating dragon! You have until before the beginning of the Riot of Rot to finish dressing up your dragon, after the event starts you may not alter your dragon's apparel (in order to keep people front taking advantage of the apparel-strict exits and diseases). Contestants 1.@/Chesly's Cobra 2.@/DragTeig's Rhagnell 3.@/awkwardtrashcant's Bloodbane 4.@/tiger33621's Aqua 5.@/watercolour's Revio 6.@/illmari's Isaye 7.@/twistedstripe's Sanguis 8.@/Dil's Caull 9.@/tranquilitea's Voodoo 10.@/sidegrinder's Nyarlathotep 11.@/antiopa's Samhaino 12.@/raccoongirl's Explorer 13.@kristan's Ketsueki 14.@/KathiraNarae's Crane 15.@/stormdragon21's Yiki 16.You know what, whatever I'll just have 33 contestants I should be ok 17. 18. 19. 20. ---------------------------------- And on a final note, someone on the first page might want to reserve a post under this one. They can keep track of different diseases discovered, as well as how they're contracted and what effects they might hold.
JIB8w1M.png

On this, the month of the Plaguebringer, a new aberration on the horizon of the Scared Wasteland has risen. A soaring palace, spires puncturing the blood-tainted sky, built of bonewood and crimson-veined marble and scorched iron. Its gates have remained sealed, impervious to the efforts of magework and brute strength alike.
None have learned of the horrors concealed within. But on the week of the Riot of Rot, the gates have swung open of their own accord. The space within is hazed with a thick fog of smoke, its whirls reaching out hungrily towards all who approach. None have approached the palace yet, each stocking up resources and steeling their nerves, In order to brave the contagion within.
The clans of the Scarred Wasteland challenge all who dare to enter the palace. They offer rewards of bragging rights to those who make it out of the Bonewood Spires unharmed, unscathed...
And, of course, without infection.

This is a game of chance and skill in which those who enter the Bonewood Spires must navigate their way around the palace and find a way out without contracting a deadly disease or perishing in the process.
What will happen is, on the start of the Riot of Rot, all dragons registered will be forced into the palace. The gates will swing shut behind you and will automatically lock, and will open under no circumstances. You must all work as a team in order to find a hidden exit located somewhere within the palace. However, only one dragon may use each exit, once a single dragon has passed through the exit will close permanently. Some exits can only be used by a certain species or flight of dragon. There will always be at least one exit in existence, so you will never be truly trapped in the palace. However, not all exits will be usable to all party members, and may even be useless to the entire party.
There are also hazards that you must avoid (many, many more hazards than there are exits). Most of them are diseases that will either take you out of the game entirely, or will hamper or disable a dragon's disability (for example, a fae that contracts a certain disease may not be able to use a fae-only exit due to the disease). If a disease does not kill you outright, you may or may not be aware of it, as I may keep this information private or public depending on circumstances.
Diseases can do basically anything. I'm very good at coming up with creative ways to crush and smash and smash people (I was the DM for my group's campaign for Tomb of Horrors, hehe). There's diseases that kill you, then there's diseases that can remove particular abilities and traits, then there's the ones that can spread from group member to group members, then there's some that let you use only one specific exit in the entire palace, and there's that one that doesn't have any effects besides making you about three times more likely to contract other diseases. This will be very fun for me.

The game runs mainly on roleplaying. Most events can only be triggered by certain actions. For example:
(Bolded words is the result. This may or may not be made known to you, depending on the outcome.)
Bob (male guardian) sticks his talons into the basin of greenish-looking water. In doing this, Bob has contracted a disease that renders him flightless. (This will be made known to the player)
Mary (female snapper) pushes the tapestries aside and inspects the wall behind. Mary notices a mirror that holds no reflection, only showing the room. This is a secret exit usable only for dragons wearing Marva's Invisibility Cloak. (The fact that it is a hidden exit will be made known. The Invisibility Cloak fact will not be made known, however players using dragon with the Cloak will receive a message saying something like "Your dragon feels a faint sense of attraction towards the mirror.")
Anyone who has played Dungeons and Dragons will recognize this style of gaming, though much more simplified and without the dice-rolling.
All causes of disease as well as locations and functions of exits are SET. They were organized beforehand, I have not edited the map to suit a particular player. It is my job to kill all of you, not a select few of you. ;)

THERE IS ONE WAY TO GET EVERYONE OUT AT THE SAME TIME. This is the Plaguemother's Altar, an altar dedicated to the Plaguebringer hidden somewhere within the Bonewood Spires. It is the most heavily guarded location in the entire palace, and for good reason. Also located around the palace are Artifacts. If all artifacts are found and placed on the Altar, the palace gates will open once again, and all trapped within will be allowed out. If a player finds an Artifact, they may place it in their inventory. Artifacts are the only items that may be placed in Inventory. Inventory should be kept in a dragon's bio. It is very important that you keep track of Artifacts. If a single one is missing from the Altar, the gates will not open. I will not say how many Artifacts exist. There's fewer than 1000 of them, ha ha ha.

Please ping me under this thread with the name and image of your participating dragon! You have until before the beginning of the Riot of Rot to finish dressing up your dragon, after the event starts you may not alter your dragon's apparel (in order to keep people front taking advantage of the apparel-strict exits and diseases).

Contestants
1.@/Chesly's Cobra
2.@/DragTeig's Rhagnell
3.@/awkwardtrashcant's Bloodbane
4.@/tiger33621's Aqua
5.@/watercolour's Revio
6.@/illmari's Isaye
7.@/twistedstripe's Sanguis
8.@/Dil's Caull
9.@/tranquilitea's Voodoo
10.@/sidegrinder's Nyarlathotep
11.@/antiopa's Samhaino
12.@/raccoongirl's Explorer
13.@kristan's Ketsueki
14.@/KathiraNarae's Crane
15.@/stormdragon21's Yiki
16.You know what, whatever I'll just have 33 contestants I should be ok

And on a final note, someone on the first page might want to reserve a post under this one. They can keep track of different diseases discovered, as well as how they're contracted and what effects they might hold.
Clan Lore
WHERE ARE WE AT NOW? [quote name="CelestialPrime" date=2017-10-23 11:41:18] So sorry for being a little bit late! This week is a bit busy for me IRL, as a result I won't be super fast in responding. It would be best if you all subscribed to the thread, so keep me from doing mass pings every time. I think we have a little over than just 20 players, that's ok, I'm not gonna kick anyone off. I'll just add some more exits, and a few more... deadly traps laced with infections and plagues that no doubt at least a few of you will trigger. Anyhoo, on with the game! Your dragons arrive at the base of the Bonewood Spires. You have heard murmurings of the twisted, scraping towers and the gates that conceal death and infection. You stand at the base of the gates, a looming monster of wrought iron and bone. There are nineteen others who stand with you, they shift and whisper and cast brief glances at the Bonewood Spires, no doubt wondering which of them will make it out alive... and who won't. A grinding sound and the screaming of iron against iron, and the gates open slowly of their own volition. The Bonewood Spires are opened. Before you is a steaming, roiling lake of sick-looking green liquid. It seethes as it gives off a toxic-smelling smoke, your lungs begin to sting. Out of the smoke looms two pillars carved of stone and iron plates, and a pair behind them, and countless more pillars stretching out in two lines, rising out of the water and smoke. Atop these pillars is a platform of stone, from which cascades streams of the green water, likely feeding the festering lake. You and the group soar upwards to land on the platform. It stretches northward for at least a thousand feet before it vanishes into the low-hanging smoke. Grooves are carved into the ground, where the green water streams off down the edge into the lake. The grooves are wide enough that you could place your talon into the water, but you can't see how deep. There could easily be something concealed within the festering depths. At this point, I would like all of you to narrate what your dragon does. Second person works, first does too, just please keep point of view constant. What happens next depends on what your individual dragons do. Let me make clear, your dragons are never really save. I will way you have already encountered... 2 things that could have potentially eliminated you. @cheshly @draigteg @awkwardtrashcant @tiger33621 @watercolour @illmari @twistedstripe @dil @tranquilitea @sidegrinder @antiopa @raccoongirl @kristan @kathiranarae @stormdragon21 @kialla @kairinrose @elsu @nocturnisthedark @saraceaser @delcat @giantpandroid @mintydragon @mudy @felistopaz @eilayne @nighttyger @marinaquakenbush @leopardmask @elysadie Please do not ping me! I am subscribed, it is best that you do as well :D Edit; 32 players omg I'm going to go make some major changes to the map, more traps and more exits, a few more towers, oooh boy AND FINALLY if you weren't sure whether or not you were signed up yes I've included you (Even though I originally only planned 20 slots, I'm going to be dead by the end of this event but that's ok), just please be sure to include your participating dragon in your next post! [/quote] --------------------- [quote name="CelestialPrime" date=2017-10-24 08:28:52] As the group continues through the mist, it suddenly parts, revealing a large, round frothing pool of the same contaminated water. About a hundred feet in diameter, it looks deep, but the water hides anything past ten feet down or so before fading into pestilent green. A large cluster of bone-white spines rises from the middle of the pool. About twenty feet up, a balcony extendes a spike horizontally, off of which runs another steady stream of the water, feeding the pool. The stream cascades down the bone spines and into the pool. This pool was feeding the grooves, as all of them lead out of it. Two thin marble staircases lead up to the balcony, curving around the outer rim of the pool. The balcony and staircases are supported by more of the arching marble columns, though most of them are hidden behind tattered drapes. [quote name="MintyDragon" date=2017-10-23 23:31:16] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35923207] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/359233/35923207p.png[/img] [/url] "Interesting.." Vayle says, watching the claws dissipate into nothing. As far as she knew, she'd never seen smoke that acted like this. [b]Vayle[/b], curious to a fault, [b]tries to inhale some of the smoke[/b] to see what it does. [/quote] Vayle inhales some of the smoke. It just seems to be... regular smoke. Perhaps some sort of incense. It burns Vayle's throat briefly, then settles into an aftertaste of some sort of burnt herb. Vayle may or may not have just contracted a disease, though if she has, clearly it hasn't killed her. However, due to inhaling the smoke, she now remembers this as a type of incense used frequently by Plague Clans in quarantine areas. She also now knows that the incense can be shut off if the fire fueling it can be doused, and gains a faint feeling that the incense has been tainted or tampered with in some way... [/quote] These badges will be used throughout the game! You will be alerted when you need one of these badges, they're just to help me (and you) keep track of different conditions your dragons may suffer from during the event. [img]https://i.imgur.com/JC77xL8.png[/img] Flightless [img]https://i.imgur.com/LQBNw7x.png[/img] Immune [img]https://i.imgur.com/bhptup7.png[/img] Posessed [img]https://i.imgur.com/WmW4Ex5.png[/img] Dead [img]https://i.imgur.com/o3O3BeF.png[/img] Free Please note that there's way more than just these five conditions, these are just the ones you can know about. ;)
WHERE ARE WE AT NOW?
CelestialPrime wrote on 2017-10-23:
So sorry for being a little bit late! This week is a bit busy for me IRL, as a result I won't be super fast in responding.
It would be best if you all subscribed to the thread, so keep me from doing mass pings every time. I think we have a little over than just 20 players, that's ok, I'm not gonna kick anyone off. I'll just add some more exits, and a few more... deadly traps laced with infections and plagues that no doubt at least a few of you will trigger.
Anyhoo, on with the game!
Your dragons arrive at the base of the Bonewood Spires. You have heard murmurings of the twisted, scraping towers and the gates that conceal death and infection. You stand at the base of the gates, a looming monster of wrought iron and bone. There are nineteen others who stand with you, they shift and whisper and cast brief glances at the Bonewood Spires, no doubt wondering which of them will make it out alive... and who won't.
A grinding sound and the screaming of iron against iron, and the gates open slowly of their own volition.
The Bonewood Spires are opened.

Before you is a steaming, roiling lake of sick-looking green liquid. It seethes as it gives off a toxic-smelling smoke, your lungs begin to sting. Out of the smoke looms two pillars carved of stone and iron plates, and a pair behind them, and countless more pillars stretching out in two lines, rising out of the water and smoke. Atop these pillars is a platform of stone, from which cascades streams of the green water, likely feeding the festering lake.
You and the group soar upwards to land on the platform. It stretches northward for at least a thousand feet before it vanishes into the low-hanging smoke. Grooves are carved into the ground, where the green water streams off down the edge into the lake. The grooves are wide enough that you could place your talon into the water, but you can't see how deep. There could easily be something concealed within the festering depths.

At this point, I would like all of you to narrate what your dragon does. Second person works, first does too, just please keep point of view constant. What happens next depends on what your individual dragons do.
Let me make clear, your dragons are never really save. I will way you have already encountered... 2 things that could have potentially eliminated you.

@cheshly @draigteg @awkwardtrashcant @tiger33621 @watercolour @illmari @twistedstripe @dil @tranquilitea @sidegrinder @antiopa @raccoongirl @kristan @kathiranarae @stormdragon21 @kialla @kairinrose @elsu @nocturnisthedark @saraceaser @delcat @giantpandroid @mintydragon @mudy @felistopaz @eilayne @nighttyger @marinaquakenbush @leopardmask @elysadie

Please do not ping me! I am subscribed, it is best that you do as well :D

Edit; 32 players omg I'm going to go make some major changes to the map, more traps and more exits, a few more towers, oooh boy

AND FINALLY if you weren't sure whether or not you were signed up yes I've included you (Even though I originally only planned 20 slots, I'm going to be dead by the end of this event but that's ok), just please be sure to include your participating dragon in your next post!

CelestialPrime wrote on 2017-10-24:
As the group continues through the mist, it suddenly parts, revealing a large, round frothing pool of the same contaminated water. About a hundred feet in diameter, it looks deep, but the water hides anything past ten feet down or so before fading into pestilent green. A large cluster of bone-white spines rises from the middle of the pool. About twenty feet up, a balcony extendes a spike horizontally, off of which runs another steady stream of the water, feeding the pool. The stream cascades down the bone spines and into the pool. This pool was feeding the grooves, as all of them lead out of it.
Two thin marble staircases lead up to the balcony, curving around the outer rim of the pool. The balcony and staircases are supported by more of the arching marble columns, though most of them are hidden behind tattered drapes.
MintyDragon wrote on 2017-10-23:

35923207p.png

"Interesting.." Vayle says, watching the claws dissipate into nothing. As far as she knew, she'd never seen smoke that acted like this. Vayle, curious to a fault, tries to inhale some of the smoke to see what it does.
Vayle inhales some of the smoke. It just seems to be... regular smoke. Perhaps some sort of incense. It burns Vayle's throat briefly, then settles into an aftertaste of some sort of burnt herb.
Vayle may or may not have just contracted a disease, though if she has, clearly it hasn't killed her. However, due to inhaling the smoke, she now remembers this as a type of incense used frequently by Plague Clans in quarantine areas. She also now knows that the incense can be shut off if the fire fueling it can be doused, and gains a faint feeling that the incense has been tainted or tampered with in some way...

These badges will be used throughout the game! You will be alerted when you need one of these badges, they're just to help me (and you) keep track of different conditions your dragons may suffer from during the event.
JC77xL8.png Flightless
LQBNw7x.png Immune
bhptup7.png Posessed
WmW4Ex5.png Dead
o3O3BeF.png Free
Please note that there's way more than just these five conditions, these are just the ones you can know about. ;)
Clan Lore
@CelestialPrime, Cobra will be joining you~ I've never plays D&D so, lets hope I can do this. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36308424] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/363085/36308424_350.png[/img] [/url]
@CelestialPrime, Cobra will be joining you~ I've never plays D&D so, lets hope I can do this.

36308424_350.png

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
also reserving because [quote]And on a final note, someone on the first page might want to reserve a post under this one. They can keep track of different diseases discovered, as well as how they're contracted and what effects they might hold.[/quote] Edit: Things we know in game [LIST] [*]There is an alter that can fix all illnesses [*]The green liquid will disintegrate biodegradable things [/LIST]
also reserving because
Quote:
And on a final note, someone on the first page might want to reserve a post under this one. They can keep track of different diseases discovered, as well as how they're contracted and what effects they might hold.

Edit: Things we know in game
  • There is an alter that can fix all illnesses
  • The green liquid will disintegrate biodegradable things

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
@CelestialPrime Rhagnell finds this fascinating. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23779800] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/237799/23779800_350.png[/img] [/url] (My, you sure do keep busy!)
@CelestialPrime

Rhagnell finds this fascinating.

23779800_350.png

(My, you sure do keep busy!)
bR6NXdJ2_o.pnga snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its rightInk wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.wo7deo1a_o.png
@CelestialPrime "A challenge, you say?" [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=6694688&skin=0&apparel=3285,18817,18825,18785,18793,18801,18777,8595,769&xt=dressing.png[/img] This jerk wants in! (Never played D&D but there's a first time to everything :3)
@CelestialPrime

"A challenge, you say?"

dragon?did=6694688&skin=0&apparel=3285,18817,18825,18785,18793,18801,18777,8595,769&xt=dressing.png

This jerk wants in!
(Never played D&D but there's a first time to everything :3)
@CelestialPrime I have never played D&D before, but I do like rping! [i]Aqua, a challenger appears to sea what this is.[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.phpdragon=34251345] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/342514/34251345_350.png[/img] [/url]
@CelestialPrime
I have never played D&D before, but I do like rping!

Aqua, a challenger appears to sea what this is.

34251345_350.png
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
uppity
uppity
Clan Lore
@CelestialPrime: Forstly, if this is DnD-inspired RP and you're an experienced DM who's done Tomb of Horrors before, I'd love to get some tips. I'm a DM, but I haven't been doing it long and I would like to cultivate a reputation for creative character killing. :P Also, my current campaign (although it has only just begun) ultimately ends with the Tomb of Horrors. >:D Secondly, Crane is heading in without fear. Literally. He's incapable. Feel free to afflict him with a disease that bypasses this right from the off, if you like. (Also note that he is not a female Nature dragon, but a male Shadow with green contacts.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27369002] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/273691/27369002_350.png[/img] [/url] Should be interesting if he contracts something, since although my clan is a hospital that could probably treat it very quickly as soon as he left, it would involve his arrest.
@CelestialPrime: Forstly, if this is DnD-inspired RP and you're an experienced DM who's done Tomb of Horrors before, I'd love to get some tips. I'm a DM, but I haven't been doing it long and I would like to cultivate a reputation for creative character killing. :P Also, my current campaign (although it has only just begun) ultimately ends with the Tomb of Horrors. >:D

Secondly, Crane is heading in without fear. Literally. He's incapable. Feel free to afflict him with a disease that bypasses this right from the off, if you like. (Also note that he is not a female Nature dragon, but a male Shadow with green contacts.)

27369002_350.png

Should be interesting if he contracts something, since although my clan is a hospital that could probably treat it very quickly as soon as he left, it would involve his arrest.
tumblr_inline_nbefjbkpeK1qg78ij.png 1506664200.png rounded_corners2.png
@CelestialPrime [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36143980] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/361440/36143980_350.png[/img] [/url] Ketsueki would love to join this challenge!
@CelestialPrime

36143980_350.png

Ketsueki would love to join this challenge!
nn4KUKj.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49