Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Bonewood Spire (come watch!)
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23779800] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/237799/23779800_350.png[/img] [/url] Rhagnell says to Sanguis, "The armored Imperial has left the mirrored room, not looking like he feels well. The female Imperial seems to be examining the room. The Bogsneak and the Skydancer are just standing there. Wait...the female Imperial is coming out." Rhagnell watches the two Imperials, and listens to their exchange. She looks up at the dome and sees the hole they are talking about. As they fly off, Rhagnell says, "Sanguis, I'm sure you heard their conversation, and them taking off. The female has made it through to the outside. That loud crash on the [b]other side of the room[/b] was the male, who was obviously much worse off than he looked. He tried to make it through the roof, but it seemed like his wings just quit working in mid-flight. I do not see him breathing..."

23779800_350.png

Rhagnell says to Sanguis, "The armored Imperial has left the mirrored room, not looking like he feels well. The female Imperial seems to be examining the room. The Bogsneak and the Skydancer are just standing there. Wait...the female Imperial is coming out."

Rhagnell watches the two Imperials, and listens to their exchange. She looks up at the dome and sees the hole they are talking about.

As they fly off, Rhagnell says, "Sanguis, I'm sure you heard their conversation, and them taking off. The female has made it through to the outside. That loud crash on the other side of the room was the male, who was obviously much worse off than he looked. He tried to make it through the roof, but it seemed like his wings just quit working in mid-flight. I do not see him breathing..."
bR6NXdJ2_o.pnga snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its rightInk wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.wo7deo1a_o.png
The altar before Chaos rumbles as he sets the feather on its surface. Then, cracks begin to spiderweb across the polished stone. Chaos feels drops of water land on his head, as he looks up, he sees the water that makes up the ceiling begin to roil. He realizes the ground is falling apart beneath his talons.
The Spires are crumbling.
Those in the towers experience a similar scene: The water in the pools are spilling out of their basins, no longer confined to their grooves and wells. Books fall off their shelves and jars shatter upon impact. The dome is the first to break.
Shards glass rain down on the marble floor, killing any dragons still in that area. I don’t think anyone’s in there at the moment. The spirit confined within the mirrors shrieks in protest as its prison walls rattle.
Morgan, in the other room, hurriedly begins to search through the drapes. Under all the tattered, musty fabric, she finds a large, heavy tome, bound in leather and studded in citrine jewels. It seems important. Then a large chunk of wall falls away, revealing the darkening sky of the Plaguebringer’s domain. Without hesitation, she leaps through the hole, winging off towards freedom.
Voodoo, several rooms away, feels the tremors beneath his feet. The Bird shuffles nervously on his shoulder. It seems to be crumbling alongside the tower. As you watch, its wings fall away, then its ribs, and then it simply disintegrates into dust. This bird has been kept from peaceful death for many eons, at last it has found its rest.
Voodoo blinks. He’s not in the Spires anymore. He’s outside, next to another Skydancer, who’s sitting in a lawn chair, with an ice cream float in hand (in talon? Hhngg writing dragons is difficult). Remember him?
Rhagnell and Sanguis are in the main room with the massive shattering dome? I’m not really sure so we’re going to assume they are.
Sanguis’ sensitive ears pick up on the fracturing glass dome before Rhagnell’s eyes can see it. Then, it all comes crashing down. Melodic, tinkling rainfall of sharp-edged glass. That’s all there is. Sanguis and Rhagnell shelter themselves with their wings, expecting death to be upon them. It never arrives.
Daughters of plague, be free of this contagion, whispers a disembodied voice. You can’t tell where it comes from, and it sounds neither female nor male. The voice barely stirs the air, and within moments, it dissipates into the air. There’s glass all over the floor, glittering piles of the smashed dome cover the floor like snow. There’s not a single shard near the dragons. But the dome is gone, leaving a massive round opening. It’s big enough to fly through.
————————
All dragons still trapped within the Spires make it out similarly. The Spires crumble into dust and bone, the water draining into the earth, leaving a flat plain where hissing moats and soaring towers once stood. The Bonewood Spires are no more.
————————-
Thanks to everyone who played! I hope you had fun ^0^
Badges will be out by the end of this week, as will be a brief history/backstory of the Spires that I wrote a few weeks back. It’s going to explain most of what I had planned out for the event (including Artifacts, all the random diseases you could have contracted, and some other weird things I had in store for you). You can ask questions about the Spires for a little bit until then, I’ll type up short responses explaining. Feel free to unsubscribe now (I don’t know how many posts this thing got, it was waaay more than I expected lol)
Y’all are awesome, thanks again for playing <3
The altar before Chaos rumbles as he sets the feather on its surface. Then, cracks begin to spiderweb across the polished stone. Chaos feels drops of water land on his head, as he looks up, he sees the water that makes up the ceiling begin to roil. He realizes the ground is falling apart beneath his talons.
The Spires are crumbling.
Those in the towers experience a similar scene: The water in the pools are spilling out of their basins, no longer confined to their grooves and wells. Books fall off their shelves and jars shatter upon impact. The dome is the first to break.
Shards glass rain down on the marble floor, killing any dragons still in that area. I don’t think anyone’s in there at the moment. The spirit confined within the mirrors shrieks in protest as its prison walls rattle.
Morgan, in the other room, hurriedly begins to search through the drapes. Under all the tattered, musty fabric, she finds a large, heavy tome, bound in leather and studded in citrine jewels. It seems important. Then a large chunk of wall falls away, revealing the darkening sky of the Plaguebringer’s domain. Without hesitation, she leaps through the hole, winging off towards freedom.
Voodoo, several rooms away, feels the tremors beneath his feet. The Bird shuffles nervously on his shoulder. It seems to be crumbling alongside the tower. As you watch, its wings fall away, then its ribs, and then it simply disintegrates into dust. This bird has been kept from peaceful death for many eons, at last it has found its rest.
Voodoo blinks. He’s not in the Spires anymore. He’s outside, next to another Skydancer, who’s sitting in a lawn chair, with an ice cream float in hand (in talon? Hhngg writing dragons is difficult). Remember him?
Rhagnell and Sanguis are in the main room with the massive shattering dome? I’m not really sure so we’re going to assume they are.
Sanguis’ sensitive ears pick up on the fracturing glass dome before Rhagnell’s eyes can see it. Then, it all comes crashing down. Melodic, tinkling rainfall of sharp-edged glass. That’s all there is. Sanguis and Rhagnell shelter themselves with their wings, expecting death to be upon them. It never arrives.
Daughters of plague, be free of this contagion, whispers a disembodied voice. You can’t tell where it comes from, and it sounds neither female nor male. The voice barely stirs the air, and within moments, it dissipates into the air. There’s glass all over the floor, glittering piles of the smashed dome cover the floor like snow. There’s not a single shard near the dragons. But the dome is gone, leaving a massive round opening. It’s big enough to fly through.
————————
All dragons still trapped within the Spires make it out similarly. The Spires crumble into dust and bone, the water draining into the earth, leaving a flat plain where hissing moats and soaring towers once stood. The Bonewood Spires are no more.
————————-
Thanks to everyone who played! I hope you had fun ^0^
Badges will be out by the end of this week, as will be a brief history/backstory of the Spires that I wrote a few weeks back. It’s going to explain most of what I had planned out for the event (including Artifacts, all the random diseases you could have contracted, and some other weird things I had in store for you). You can ask questions about the Spires for a little bit until then, I’ll type up short responses explaining. Feel free to unsubscribe now (I don’t know how many posts this thing got, it was waaay more than I expected lol)
Y’all are awesome, thanks again for playing <3
Clan Lore
This was my first d&d type rp, so thanks for making it so fun! Can't wait for next RoR (and RBC coming this month) ^.^
This was my first d&d type rp, so thanks for making it so fun! Can't wait for next RoR (and RBC coming this month) ^.^
Rhagnell and Sanguis were in the room just outside the room with mirrors on the west, so I don't think we were in the main room. We could see it. We were in the room with the collapsed balcony and chandelier.

Did Rhagnell get a feather? Did all the crystal/obsidian feathers disintegrate with the spires?
Rhagnell and Sanguis were in the room just outside the room with mirrors on the west, so I don't think we were in the main room. We could see it. We were in the room with the collapsed balcony and chandelier.

Did Rhagnell get a feather? Did all the crystal/obsidian feathers disintegrate with the spires?
bR6NXdJ2_o.pnga snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its rightInk wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.wo7deo1a_o.png
I chuckled with the little bit with Revio! xD
Thank you for hosting this! It was fun, and a good experience!
I chuckled with the little bit with Revio! xD
Thank you for hosting this! It was fun, and a good experience!
___________________ adoptable by #40738 ___ petal . she/they . frt +4
Thank you for putting in the time and effort to host this! It was an enjoyable experience, and my first D&D rp, too!
Thank you for putting in the time and effort to host this! It was an enjoyable experience, and my first D&D rp, too!
23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
Once again expecting certain death as the glass begins to crack above him, Chaos can only stare in disbelief as he suddenly finds himself on an empty, dry plain, completely unharmed. He spots several of his companions wandering the area in similar confusion. Blinking, he shakes himself. Well. Plaguebringer may know how, but it looks like I get to live another day!

(OMG I actually survived? We made it out? (Well, almost all of us...) I sure didn't expect that, was the whole artifact thing just a myth after all? o.o - Anyway, thank you so much @CelestialPrime. for hosting this event!This was awesome, even though sadly I didn't have the time to participate quite as much as I'd have liked. Looking forward for the promised backstory and what-ifs^w^)
Once again expecting certain death as the glass begins to crack above him, Chaos can only stare in disbelief as he suddenly finds himself on an empty, dry plain, completely unharmed. He spots several of his companions wandering the area in similar confusion. Blinking, he shakes himself. Well. Plaguebringer may know how, but it looks like I get to live another day!

(OMG I actually survived? We made it out? (Well, almost all of us...) I sure didn't expect that, was the whole artifact thing just a myth after all? o.o - Anyway, thank you so much @CelestialPrime. for hosting this event!This was awesome, even though sadly I didn't have the time to participate quite as much as I'd have liked. Looking forward for the promised backstory and what-ifs^w^)
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
((Hey guys I'm back! Did anybody die? Did anybody get out? ))
((Hey guys I'm back! Did anybody die? Did anybody get out? ))
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
@Tiger33621

Most of us got out. Yiki died from complications due to possession, while trying to leave.
@Tiger33621

Most of us got out. Yiki died from complications due to possession, while trying to leave.
@DraigTeg

Thanks for telling me!
@DraigTeg

Thanks for telling me!
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49