Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mistral Meals: Closed
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 33 34
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14813979] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/148140/14813979_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @L1BR4 Eliotite is all but beaming when Kasper presents his dish (or rather just moved to the side as the pearlcatcher really had been fascinated by the Guardian's techniques and was lurking just off to the side), despite the spoon mishap. "Macarons!" he exclaimed happily, glad his predition on what Kasper had been making turned out to be true, "I've gotten these from clients before but I haven't figured out the knack to making them! Patience apparentaly." Anyone watching would have a hard time seeing the ever fidgety pearlcatcher sit still long enough to poke airholes out of batter. "And these are spectacular! Not overly sweet and just the right amount of spice. Perfectly airy too!" @deadpan Caph's dish was a bit of a step down from Kasper's in Eliotite's opinion, but still rather good. "Very pretty, but it could do with just a little bit more. Maybe instead of using just the fireants, which you toasted perfectly by the way, you could have done an insect medley?" ((You got the ingredients, you got the dragon, and you've got an indication of how the dish was made. Vagueness is perfectly fine ;) ) @argylion After the fantastic meals he had after returning from the healer, Elotite started to wonder if the quality was just coincidentaly dropping, or perhaps he was just still holding everything to too high a standard. "Your spices are excellent," he told Hemlock, "maybe a bit too spicy for some dragons but just right up my alley. The rice however..." he held up a spoonful of the food in question with a bit of a frown, "You can't really eat curry without it, and I think you used too much water when making yours. It seems to have turned into some sort of gloopy mess." @ThisOneIsBlue Yup, quality definately seemed to be dropping. Such a shame. "The ingredients do lend very well for a stir fry but...your seasoning and flavors seem to just be all over the palce," he said with a shake of his head, "What if you tried....hmm..." Grabbing a scrap of paper, he started writing down notes analyzing what spices Breccia used in her meal and what better proportions of each one would be. "Huh...it's a bit more mathy than I intended those suggestions to be," he said, squinting at the resulting formulas he'd scribbled out. @Hinumi Eliotite's streak of luck with quality entries seemed to be back on the rise with Hirimjher's entry. It was still far from what he would deem perfect, but he did eat a fair share of it. "Your soup appears to be congealing a bit," he said after finishing about half the bowl. Holding up the spoon to his eye for a better look he thought it over, tapping his free claws against his pearl in an energetic rhythem. "I don't believe oarfish are particularly fatty, but maybe you should have cleaned them a bit more before adding them to the stock." "Nice trick with the flameweed though," he added before moving on, "Not a lot of dragons think of depleting the oxygen to put the fire out if it catches."

@L1BR4

Eliotite is all but beaming when Kasper presents his dish (or rather just moved to the side as the pearlcatcher really had been fascinated by the Guardian's techniques and was lurking just off to the side), despite the spoon mishap. "Macarons!" he exclaimed happily, glad his predition on what Kasper had been making turned out to be true, "I've gotten these from clients before but I haven't figured out the knack to making them! Patience apparentaly." Anyone watching would have a hard time seeing the ever fidgety pearlcatcher sit still long enough to poke airholes out of batter.

"And these are spectacular! Not overly sweet and just the right amount of spice. Perfectly airy too!"

@deadpan

Caph's dish was a bit of a step down from Kasper's in Eliotite's opinion, but still rather good. "Very pretty, but it could do with just a little bit more. Maybe instead of using just the fireants, which you toasted perfectly by the way, you could have done an insect medley?"

((You got the ingredients, you got the dragon, and you've got an indication of how the dish was made. Vagueness is perfectly fine ;) )

@argylion

After the fantastic meals he had after returning from the healer, Elotite started to wonder if the quality was just coincidentaly dropping, or perhaps he was just still holding everything to too high a standard.

"Your spices are excellent," he told Hemlock, "maybe a bit too spicy for some dragons but just right up my alley. The rice however..." he held up a spoonful of the food in question with a bit of a frown, "You can't really eat curry without it, and I think you used too much water when making yours. It seems to have turned into some sort of gloopy mess."

@ThisOneIsBlue

Yup, quality definately seemed to be dropping. Such a shame. "The ingredients do lend very well for a stir fry but...your seasoning and flavors seem to just be all over the palce," he said with a shake of his head, "What if you tried....hmm..." Grabbing a scrap of paper, he started writing down notes analyzing what spices Breccia used in her meal and what better proportions of each one would be. "Huh...it's a bit more mathy than I intended those suggestions to be," he said, squinting at the resulting formulas he'd scribbled out.

@Hinumi

Eliotite's streak of luck with quality entries seemed to be back on the rise with Hirimjher's entry. It was still far from what he would deem perfect, but he did eat a fair share of it.

"Your soup appears to be congealing a bit," he said after finishing about half the bowl. Holding up the spoon to his eye for a better look he thought it over, tapping his free claws against his pearl in an energetic rhythem. "I don't believe oarfish are particularly fatty, but maybe you should have cleaned them a bit more before adding them to the stock."

"Nice trick with the flameweed though," he added before moving on, "Not a lot of dragons think of depleting the oxygen to put the fire out if it catches."
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
For today's all you had to do was say glitter and I'm right on it! XD Also, I think Meringue is so cute~ Now, for today's dish, we have Milithinal, my random whom I absolutely adore! [center][b]Day 8 or 9 (still a bit lost, too lazy to check)[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24129267] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241293/24129267_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Hello there! I'm Milithinal, the co-leader of Clan Paladin, and I've been given the honor to create today's dish. Now, I know you each are busy, do I'll try to get through it quickly," the kind Mirror said as she looked at her work. "I've decided to create a splendid [b]Everlight Stirfry[/b]. To make it, I took the Coast Moths and carefully washed them. I also took the stingers off of the Wasps, making sure not to sting myself. Next, I put the moths, wasps, and almonds along with various other veggies into a pan. Next, fried them all, and there you have it!" She smiled kindly. (Still on mobile, answers will be like this the rest of the time~)
For today's all you had to do was say glitter and I'm right on it! XD Also, I think Meringue is so cute~ Now, for today's dish, we have Milithinal, my random whom I absolutely adore!
Day 8 or 9 (still a bit lost, too lazy to check)
"Hello there! I'm Milithinal, the co-leader of Clan Paladin, and I've been given the honor to create today's dish. Now, I know you each are busy, do I'll try to get through it quickly," the kind Mirror said as she looked at her work.

"I've decided to create a splendid Everlight Stirfry. To make it, I took the Coast Moths and carefully washed them. I also took the stingers off of the Wasps, making sure not to sting myself.

Next, I put the moths, wasps, and almonds along with various other veggies into a pan. Next, fried them all, and there you have it!" She smiled kindly.

(Still on mobile, answers will be like this the rest of the time~)
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14813979] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/148140/14813979_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @casuallySleepy Perhaps the thought of picturing Turi's distressed face distracted Marchere from cooking to the best of her abilities. In any case, Eliotite ended up fanning his mouth rapidly after sampling just the smallest bite of her salad. "That is....hot! Hothothothothot!" Franticaly he lunged for the first bit of liquid he could find (he'd have to go snag some milk later but for now the water would do). "Pretty heavyhanded with the spices there," he said, panting once he could talk agian. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6290498] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/62905/6290498_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] ((Pinging @Kickback to let you know Gourmet's up in judging now :3 )) @Nightfleet Despite her efforts to remain cool, calm and collected, just like a proper host should be, Gourmet can't help herself and practically bounces over to her first entry of the day. "It's a nice idea in theory," she told the other Wildclaw as she chewd on a bit of roll, "You cooked the eel very well and using the nuts as a stuffing was a good call but...the jellyfish? Those can be really tricky to use and unfortunately yours seemed to have turned into some sort of gooey sludge I'd rather scrap off to get to the good stuff inside." @LexiLopezi ((Congrats! You don't win a bonus prize but you ARE the 100th entry for the contest this year! [s]Wait, seriously? I'm a couple days behind and we've already hit 100???[/s])) "Now [i]you[/i] on the other hand," she told Stormcloud with an excited look, "You know just how to utilize jellyfish it looks like. Especialy frying the stings like that...that's something I'm going to have to take a note of." She ate a few more bites, "I'm not sure I'm fond of fried eel though. It's cooked well but...even though it's a challenge ingredient and obviously you had to use it, I think this dish would have been even better with some other kind of seafood instead." @Heronwing [i]I...think I know what her theory is,[/i] Gourmet thought to herself as she watched Anubis get started on her dish, [i]but would it really work that way?[/i] Coming back later to sample the final result, the spark did seem to have gone out of the food even more than the other entries she'd tried so far so...maybe the coatl was onto something? Or magic is just weird. That was usualy a good excuse for most strange things in Sorienth. "The eel and nuts are fantastic. The jelly however..." she dug a chewy bit of jellyfish out that had escaped the blender, "These chewy bits are making it less enjoyable." ((Thanks for the jelly clarification ^_^ I know the difference between British "jelly" and American "jelly," but without any context in your post I definitely was defaulting to American until I saw your note)) @Celesol "Everyone seems to be cooking their eel similar ways so far," Gourmet noted as Catharsis served up his. "I don't mind though. It all still tastes good and everyone's serving it different ways even if it has a similar taste!" Or at least that's what she thought until she nearly cracked her teeth on the overroasted wasabi almonds. "Ow! That's nearly like eating stone there! I may be an Earth dragon but we don't [i]eat[/i] our element. @AthenaCorvus "Oh, more jelly!" Gourmet exclaimed, but then seemed a bit dubious when she saw the eel floating inside of it. Frowning something she braced herself for a weird, if not terrible dish. She ended up being pleasantly surprised. "I think you lucked out in using blue jelly instead of something else," she said, taking another cautious bite, as if to reassure herself she tasted right the first time, "It amplifies the taste of the eel rather than clashing with it rather than a pre-flavored one would."

@casuallySleepy

Perhaps the thought of picturing Turi's distressed face distracted Marchere from cooking to the best of her abilities. In any case, Eliotite ended up fanning his mouth rapidly after sampling just the smallest bite of her salad. "That is....hot! Hothothothothot!" Franticaly he lunged for the first bit of liquid he could find (he'd have to go snag some milk later but for now the water would do).

"Pretty heavyhanded with the spices there," he said, panting once he could talk agian.

((Pinging @Kickback to let you know Gourmet's up in judging now :3 ))

@Nightfleet

Despite her efforts to remain cool, calm and collected, just like a proper host should be, Gourmet can't help herself and practically bounces over to her first entry of the day.

"It's a nice idea in theory," she told the other Wildclaw as she chewd on a bit of roll, "You cooked the eel very well and using the nuts as a stuffing was a good call but...the jellyfish? Those can be really tricky to use and unfortunately yours seemed to have turned into some sort of gooey sludge I'd rather scrap off to get to the good stuff inside."

@LexiLopezi

((Congrats! You don't win a bonus prize but you ARE the 100th entry for the contest this year! Wait, seriously? I'm a couple days behind and we've already hit 100???))

"Now you on the other hand," she told Stormcloud with an excited look, "You know just how to utilize jellyfish it looks like. Especialy frying the stings like that...that's something I'm going to have to take a note of."

She ate a few more bites, "I'm not sure I'm fond of fried eel though. It's cooked well but...even though it's a challenge ingredient and obviously you had to use it, I think this dish would have been even better with some other kind of seafood instead."

@Heronwing

I...think I know what her theory is, Gourmet thought to herself as she watched Anubis get started on her dish, but would it really work that way?

Coming back later to sample the final result, the spark did seem to have gone out of the food even more than the other entries she'd tried so far so...maybe the coatl was onto something? Or magic is just weird. That was usualy a good excuse for most strange things in Sorienth.

"The eel and nuts are fantastic. The jelly however..." she dug a chewy bit of jellyfish out that had escaped the blender, "These chewy bits are making it less enjoyable."

((Thanks for the jelly clarification ^_^ I know the difference between British "jelly" and American "jelly," but without any context in your post I definitely was defaulting to American until I saw your note))

@Celesol

"Everyone seems to be cooking their eel similar ways so far," Gourmet noted as Catharsis served up his. "I don't mind though. It all still tastes good and everyone's serving it different ways even if it has a similar taste!"

Or at least that's what she thought until she nearly cracked her teeth on the overroasted wasabi almonds. "Ow! That's nearly like eating stone there! I may be an Earth dragon but we don't eat our element.

@AthenaCorvus

"Oh, more jelly!" Gourmet exclaimed, but then seemed a bit dubious when she saw the eel floating inside of it. Frowning something she braced herself for a weird, if not terrible dish.

She ended up being pleasantly surprised. "I think you lucked out in using blue jelly instead of something else," she said, taking another cautious bite, as if to reassure herself she tasted right the first time, "It amplifies the taste of the eel rather than clashing with it rather than a pre-flavored one would."
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6290498] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/62905/6290498_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @Deladria Gourmet's eyes lit up when she saw Rudath's entry. Her culinary experience (like most of all the other judges for Mistral Meals) had expanded her palette and while she had no problems eating most assorted types of food...she still did have a fondness for a perfectly cooked bit of red meat. And the coatl nailed it. "It's like a surf and turf stir fry!" She said happily as she made sure to sample each bit of meat and seafood that made it onto her plate. "Absolutely delectable and perfect not only as a Lightning dish, but I dare say fits well as Jamboree fare as well! Or at least it's something [i]I[/i] would like to munch on while perusing the stalls." @L1BR4 Where Eliotite questioned whether the Flameweed had been a good choice yesterday, Gourmet was starting to wonder the same thing about the jellyfish. This was the...third? Fourth? somewhere around there dish where said ingredient had all but liquefied. "I know you [i]can[/i] cook with them," she said as she prodded the goo that seemed to be melting off of Strength's "burrito" fillings, "I've seen Bloodstone and Verisimo do it. But clearly there is some sort of trick to it." @Sarenderpity "Ah-hah! See! I knew it was possible!" Gourmet grinned as she munched away at Athena's entry. "Not sure I'm terribly fond of the mint though. There must be a better alternative you could have used instead." @Quinineer The judge of the day eyed Meirion a bit warily as she noticed the sniffles. [i]I wasn't watching her cook...I hope she covered her nose and mouth....[/i] However she decided it would be rude to ask about this, so she crossed her talons and hoped she wouldn't come down with something. "This is....a very strange combination of flavors that somehow works really well together," she said with surprise after tasting. I wonder if it's something about the green jelly that's tying it all together."

@Deladria

Gourmet's eyes lit up when she saw Rudath's entry. Her culinary experience (like most of all the other judges for Mistral Meals) had expanded her palette and while she had no problems eating most assorted types of food...she still did have a fondness for a perfectly cooked bit of red meat.

And the coatl nailed it.

"It's like a surf and turf stir fry!" She said happily as she made sure to sample each bit of meat and seafood that made it onto her plate. "Absolutely delectable and perfect not only as a Lightning dish, but I dare say fits well as Jamboree fare as well! Or at least it's something I would like to munch on while perusing the stalls."

@L1BR4

Where Eliotite questioned whether the Flameweed had been a good choice yesterday, Gourmet was starting to wonder the same thing about the jellyfish. This was the...third? Fourth? somewhere around there dish where said ingredient had all but liquefied.

"I know you can cook with them," she said as she prodded the goo that seemed to be melting off of Strength's "burrito" fillings, "I've seen Bloodstone and Verisimo do it. But clearly there is some sort of trick to it."

@Sarenderpity

"Ah-hah! See! I knew it was possible!" Gourmet grinned as she munched away at Athena's entry. "Not sure I'm terribly fond of the mint though. There must be a better alternative you could have used instead."

@Quinineer

The judge of the day eyed Meirion a bit warily as she noticed the sniffles. I wasn't watching her cook...I hope she covered her nose and mouth.... However she decided it would be rude to ask about this, so she crossed her talons and hoped she wouldn't come down with something.

"This is....a very strange combination of flavors that somehow works really well together," she said with surprise after tasting. I wonder if it's something about the green jelly that's tying it all together."
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12281578] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/122816/12281578_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Oh wow! This tent is huge! I can't wait to try cooking. I've cooked before but it's definitely not my specialty. I'm more off an art gal but there's aspects of art in cooking, right?[/i] As I move towards the ingredients table, I see Meringue standing there. "Meringue, right? Hi, I'm Artist!" I tell her. Remembering that her common tongue wasn't that strong, I try speaking coatl (I took some classes awhile back because this one coatl wanted me to draw her a sketch but I couldn't understand her, so I ended up needing to learn a bit. So I tried to say to Meringue, "Your feathers are really nice," but she looked at me with a confused look on her face which transitioned into bemused. (I later found out I told her, "my tailor who's rich and on the garden of his uncle who was larger than the hat of his aunt.") I took my ingredients over to an open table. I pick up the [b]Sparkling Wasp[/b]. I prod it with a fork to check that it's not alive. I've been stung before by one of these and it was not fun. Personally, I'm not a fan of insects. I decide to keep it simple and roast them with the [b]Luminous Almonds[/b]. Topping it off with some chipotle sauce, I move on to the [b]Golden Coa Moth[/b]. Oh no... they're so cute! I... I can't but I have to. Grabbing two fistfulls of them, I toss once hand towards the exit yelling "SORRY I TRIPED" then I throw the other handful into a deep fryer to fry them for a bit. I then barbecue a burger. I place down the bottom half of the bun, add the patty, add the roasted wasps and almonds, add some lettuce, add a cucumber slice, and ketchup then top it all off with the top bun. I add the deep fried moths to the side and hand it to the lovely Meringue. ------- Please tell me someone got the "my tailor who's rich and on the garden of his uncle who was larger than the hat of his aunt" reference (Although most of the people on this site are probably American and haven't studied French)

12281578_350.png

Oh wow! This tent is huge! I can't wait to try cooking. I've cooked before but it's definitely not my specialty. I'm more off an art gal but there's aspects of art in cooking, right?
As I move towards the ingredients table, I see Meringue standing there. "Meringue, right? Hi, I'm Artist!" I tell her. Remembering that her common tongue wasn't that strong, I try speaking coatl (I took some classes awhile back because this one coatl wanted me to draw her a sketch but I couldn't understand her, so I ended up needing to learn a bit. So I tried to say to Meringue, "Your feathers are really nice," but she looked at me with a confused look on her face which transitioned into bemused. (I later found out I told her, "my tailor who's rich and on the garden of his uncle who was larger than the hat of his aunt.")
I took my ingredients over to an open table. I pick up the Sparkling Wasp. I prod it with a fork to check that it's not alive. I've been stung before by one of these and it was not fun. Personally, I'm not a fan of insects. I decide to keep it simple and roast them with the Luminous Almonds. Topping it off with some chipotle sauce, I move on to the Golden Coa Moth. Oh no... they're so cute! I... I can't but I have to. Grabbing two fistfulls of them, I toss once hand towards the exit yelling "SORRY I TRIPED" then I throw the other handful into a deep fryer to fry them for a bit. I then barbecue a burger. I place down the bottom half of the bun, add the patty, add the roasted wasps and almonds, add some lettuce, add a cucumber slice, and ketchup then top it all off with the top bun. I add the deep fried moths to the side and hand it to the lovely Meringue.

Please tell me someone got the "my tailor who's rich and on the garden of his uncle who was larger than the hat of his aunt" reference
(Although most of the people on this site are probably American and haven't studied French)
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
[center][b]Day 8 Stuffed Wasps[/b][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31617162] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316172/31617162_350.png[/img] [/url] Retherin bounced up to the judge table. He had brought his friend, GenTwo, with him after hearing the judge was a coat who wasn't very good at speaking Common. He said to her "I brought my friend. He knows coatl. He can help." Thus explained, he left his clanmate with Meringue and went over to his cooking table. Glitter! Some dragon had glitterbombed his ingredients. He checked it and it turned out to be edible. Satisfied, he set to work. He grabbed one of the still living [b]golden coa moths[/b], and took all of its fur off. He set the bug free, keeping its fluff. He then rolled the [b]luminous almonds[/b] in the fluff, so they were covered by it. Last, he stuffed the almonds into the [b]sparkling wasps[/b], and gave that to the judge.
Day 8
Stuffed Wasps

31617162_350.png

Retherin bounced up to the judge table. He had brought his friend, GenTwo, with him after hearing the judge was a coat who wasn't very good at speaking Common. He said to her "I brought my friend. He knows coatl. He can help." Thus explained, he left his clanmate with Meringue and went over to his cooking table. Glitter! Some dragon had glitterbombed his ingredients. He checked it and it turned out to be edible. Satisfied, he set to work. He grabbed one of the still living golden coa moths, and took all of its fur off. He set the bug free, keeping its fluff. He then rolled the luminous almonds in the fluff, so they were covered by it. Last, he stuffed the almonds into the sparkling wasps, and gave that to the judge.
tumblr_inline_nhxskl09Q41qcphlu.pngej6a82.pngmistral_meals_sig_by_thesleepyghosty-db1odd7.png91KIw21.pngg5ZVeaV.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23724985] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/237250/23724985_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [size=3]Amiens makes his way slowly through the crowded festival hub. It had been a while since he had traveled, but he is happy to be out again - at least, this festival is a good distraction from the last time he traveled. A booth catches his eye, and he picks up his pace, making his way quickly. "A cooking contest..." he mutters to himself, a grin growing on his maw. He sniffs the air, and then decides to enter. After all, he [i]is[/i] the baker for his Clan back in the Viridian Labyrinth. [i]Even if that was a complete lie I made up to be accepted...[/i] he laughs quietly to himself. After registering quickly, he takes a look at the menu for the day. "Wait - Golden Coa Moths?!" He pauses for a moment, and then shakes his head. "I heard they're tasty. Alright, let's start." He thinks there is something edible he can whip up to enter; he moves on to write his recipe card and hand it in.[/size] [quote] [center][center][font=garamond][i][size=6]Lightweaver Cakes[/i][/size][/font] [font=garamond][size=5]With an Almond-Cream Center [/font][/size] [left][size=3]Suitable for most breeds - Guardians; Imperials; Skydancers; Pearlcatchers; Tundras willing to stomach insects and Faes willing to stomach plants [/left] [size=2] [b]Competition Requirements:[/b][/center] [left][item=Sparkling Wasp] [size=2]Crushed wasps will be the sparkly flourish on top of the cake, mixed in with icing made from Matriarch butterflies. Perfect for the Lightweaver herself! [item=Luminous Almonds][size=2] Well... you need almonds for the almond-cream center!! [item=Golden Coa Moth][size=2]A handful of moths can be whipped with some fresh cream, and the almonds will be sprinkled into the mixture. This will be folded into the cakes for the yummy center![/left] [center] [size=2] [b]Additional Ingredients:[/b][/size][/center] [left][item=Quinoa][size=2] the base ingredient for the cakes [item=Summer Swelter][size=2] The wheat and oats can only be gathered in the sweltering heat of summer, this will be ground into a flour to mix with the quinoa. If you're making this cake out of season... you'll have to stick with only quinoa. Good luck. [item=Sweet Grass][size=2] Layers of this grass will go between the cake, the cream-center, and the icing on top. [item=Petalwing Matriarch][size=2] Little known fact - Matriarchs make a smooth, colourful icing. The Wasps will be mixed in once the icing has set! Yum! [/left] [/quote]

Amiens makes his way slowly through the crowded festival hub. It had been a while since he had traveled, but he is happy to be out again - at least, this festival is a good distraction from the last time he traveled. A booth catches his eye, and he picks up his pace, making his way quickly. "A cooking contest..." he mutters to himself, a grin growing on his maw. He sniffs the air, and then decides to enter. After all, he is the baker for his Clan back in the Viridian Labyrinth.

Even if that was a complete lie I made up to be accepted... he laughs quietly to himself.

After registering quickly, he takes a look at the menu for the day. "Wait - Golden Coa Moths?!" He pauses for a moment, and then shakes his head. "I heard they're tasty. Alright, let's start."

He thinks there is something edible he can whip up to enter; he moves on to write his recipe card and hand it in.
Quote:
Lightweaver Cakes
With an Almond-Cream Center
Suitable for most breeds - Guardians; Imperials; Skydancers; Pearlcatchers; Tundras willing to stomach insects and Faes willing to stomach plants

Competition Requirements:
Sparkling Wasp Crushed wasps will be the sparkly flourish on top of the cake, mixed in with icing made from Matriarch butterflies. Perfect for the Lightweaver herself!
Luminous Almonds Well... you need almonds for the almond-cream center!!
Golden Coa Moth A handful of moths can be whipped with some fresh cream, and the almonds will be sprinkled into the mixture. This will be folded into the cakes for the yummy center!

Additional Ingredients:
Quinoa the base ingredient for the cakes
Summer Swelter The wheat and oats can only be gathered in the sweltering heat of summer, this will be ground into a flour to mix with the quinoa. If you're making this cake out of season... you'll have to stick with only quinoa. Good luck.
Sweet Grass Layers of this grass will go between the cake, the cream-center, and the icing on top.
Petalwing Matriarch Little known fact - Matriarchs make a smooth, colourful icing. The Wasps will be mixed in once the icing has set! Yum!

1u3H6jas.png
((Aaaaa I don't have very much time to spend on this today, sorry!!)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23902729] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/239028/23902729_350.png[/img] [/url] Blueberry was quite excited that the judge for this round was a Coatl, there weren't many Coatls in Windsong Haven besides he and his mate. He knew just what to do to impress this dragon! "I'm going to make a dish as sparkly as I am!" He thought to himself, and got to work gathering ingredients. Once back at his station with his ingredients ([b]Sparkling Wasps, Luminous Almonds, Golden Coa Moths [/b], Pineapple Shiners, Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse along with some cream cheese and shallots), Blueberry removed the scales from the fish and threw them on to cook over an open flame. He then removed the shells from the Sparkling Wasps and the wings from the Golden Coa Moths. He crushed the Lumnious Almonds into a coarse dust, which he mixed with the wings and shells from the bugs, crushing them in the process as well. He set the glittery substance aside to tend to the fish once more. He took them off the fire, dicing the meat into a fine mush and mixing in the cream cheese, some crushed almonds, and diced shallots. After the mixture was complete, he took a spoonful of it, shaped it into a ball, and covered it with the sparkling dust before setting it on a baking sheet. After he did this to the rest of the mixture, he placed the food into the oven for a fairly short amount of time. When enough time had elapsed, he removed the food from the oven and plated it. When the judge came by, he greeted her warmly and explained his dish, " today I have for you some seafood "bon-bons". The rich center should have a slightly tart and nutty flavor, while the outside has a lovely crunchy sparkle that you can eat!"
((Aaaaa I don't have very much time to spend on this today, sorry!!))

23902729_350.png

Blueberry was quite excited that the judge for this round was a Coatl, there weren't many Coatls in Windsong Haven besides he and his mate. He knew just what to do to impress this dragon!
"I'm going to make a dish as sparkly as I am!" He thought to himself, and got to work gathering ingredients.

Once back at his station with his ingredients (Sparkling Wasps, Luminous Almonds, Golden Coa Moths , Pineapple Shiners, Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse along with some cream cheese and shallots), Blueberry removed the scales from the fish and threw them on to cook over an open flame. He then removed the shells from the Sparkling Wasps and the wings from the Golden Coa Moths. He crushed the Lumnious Almonds into a coarse dust, which he mixed with the wings and shells from the bugs, crushing them in the process as well. He set the glittery substance aside to tend to the fish once more. He took them off the fire, dicing the meat into a fine mush and mixing in the cream cheese, some crushed almonds, and diced shallots. After the mixture was complete, he took a spoonful of it, shaped it into a ball, and covered it with the sparkling dust before setting it on a baking sheet. After he did this to the rest of the mixture, he placed the food into the oven for a fairly short amount of time. When enough time had elapsed, he removed the food from the oven and plated it.

When the judge came by, he greeted her warmly and explained his dish, " today I have for you some seafood "bon-bons". The rich center should have a slightly tart and nutty flavor, while the outside has a lovely crunchy sparkle that you can eat!"

CUTQvya.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6290498] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/62905/6290498_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @Saraceaser Gourmet blinked a few times after Paragryn. He certainly seemed...less than plesant. But maybe he was just irritable because of the ingredients for the day like he mentioned? No need to think badly of him as it would be rude of her to judge him based on his food preferences. The sushi was good though. Not fantasticaly delicious but a good tasting meal. While Paragryn was preoccupied, she took a moment to quickly wrap up what she didn't eat to make it easier for the Tundra to take the leftovers home with him. [i]Well, assuming he does,[/i] she thought, [i]even if he doesn't eat him maybe someone else in his clan will? I'd hate to see good food go to waste.[/i] @JinxMoonstone "Oh! I remember you!" Gourmet exclaims as she spots Chess, "Well, mostly by reputation as I was working more on the original Mistral Meals than the Snack Bar, but Bloodstone and the Evil Salad Trio did sing your praises!" With that sort of buildup, she was particularly eager to sample what Chess had prepared today, and it did not disappoint. "Such a simple dish, but it really pulls together all the natural flavors! And I think not cooking the jellyfish is what enabled it to keep it's shape and not fall apart like some other contestants attemps." As soon as she finished talking she flinched slightly and rubbed her cheek. "The almonds still have a bit too much of a sting though. They might have been better roasted rather than raw." @BettaFishy Luck was not with Nami today. Gourmet was just getting ready to tuck in when a loud shout came from the station accross from hers. The dragon was wrestling with a still very much alive eel, and the rather annoyed creature had set off a very impressive burst of electricity (actualy, the dragon in question seemed to be a Lightning one, so Gourmet wondered if perhaps he'd accidentaly amplified it). Once the danger passed and Gourmet was reassured that no one was hurt, she turned back to the Nocturne's dish only to discover that it had been hit by the blast. The whole thing was barely more than charcoal now. "Oh dear..." Gourmet said, clearly unsure what to make of the situation. "Well...accident happen. A lot of accidents it seems this year. But don't fet...we'll still send you home with something to eat!"

@Saraceaser

Gourmet blinked a few times after Paragryn. He certainly seemed...less than plesant. But maybe he was just irritable because of the ingredients for the day like he mentioned? No need to think badly of him as it would be rude of her to judge him based on his food preferences.

The sushi was good though. Not fantasticaly delicious but a good tasting meal. While Paragryn was preoccupied, she took a moment to quickly wrap up what she didn't eat to make it easier for the Tundra to take the leftovers home with him.

Well, assuming he does, she thought, even if he doesn't eat him maybe someone else in his clan will? I'd hate to see good food go to waste.

@JinxMoonstone

"Oh! I remember you!" Gourmet exclaims as she spots Chess, "Well, mostly by reputation as I was working more on the original Mistral Meals than the Snack Bar, but Bloodstone and the Evil Salad Trio did sing your praises!"

With that sort of buildup, she was particularly eager to sample what Chess had prepared today, and it did not disappoint. "Such a simple dish, but it really pulls together all the natural flavors! And I think not cooking the jellyfish is what enabled it to keep it's shape and not fall apart like some other contestants attemps."

As soon as she finished talking she flinched slightly and rubbed her cheek. "The almonds still have a bit too much of a sting though. They might have been better roasted rather than raw."

@BettaFishy

Luck was not with Nami today. Gourmet was just getting ready to tuck in when a loud shout came from the station accross from hers. The dragon was wrestling with a still very much alive eel, and the rather annoyed creature had set off a very impressive burst of electricity (actualy, the dragon in question seemed to be a Lightning one, so Gourmet wondered if perhaps he'd accidentaly amplified it).

Once the danger passed and Gourmet was reassured that no one was hurt, she turned back to the Nocturne's dish only to discover that it had been hit by the blast. The whole thing was barely more than charcoal now.

"Oh dear..." Gourmet said, clearly unsure what to make of the situation. "Well...accident happen. A lot of accidents it seems this year. But don't fet...we'll still send you home with something to eat!"

[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12820567] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/128206/12820567_350.png[/img] [/url] Day 8 [quote] A Light Snack: Trail mix [columns][item=Sparkling Wasp][nextcol][b]Sparkling Wasp[/b]-It's so pretty! OW! But it's so pretty! OW![/columns] [columns] [item=Luminous Almonds][nextcol][b]Luminous Almonds[/b]-Almost too pretty to eat. Almost.[/columns] [columns] [item=Golden Coa Moth][nextcol][b]Golden Coa Moth[/b]-Only a heartless dragon would eat this amazingly delicious adorable creature.[/columns] [/quote] "Here, pour the almonds into the bowl," Breccia was instructing one of the clan's hatchlings. "Good, that's all of them. Next we add the moths." The young dragon grinned as they poured, occasionally looking up at Breccia to check that they were doing it right. She smiled at them, and nodded encouragingly. "What next?" The hatchling asked, dusting their claws off. "I'm going to add this next part-" "Awwwww" "These wasps are still a little sharp, dear. I'm going to remove the stingers. You can watch though! Would you hand me the cutting board?"The hatchling sighed dramatically, then passed her the bowl, hopping up to watch. "What else goes in?" "Those strawberries we dried in the oven, remember them? We're going to put them in with the rest. The oven helps them last longer." "Ohhhhhhh." "Mmmhmm! And we're also going to put in some Hainu's Eyes. Do you know where the jar of those went?"

12820567_350.png

Day 8
Quote:
A Light Snack: Trail mix
Sparkling Wasp Sparkling Wasp-It's so pretty! OW! But it's so pretty! OW!
Luminous Almonds Luminous Almonds-Almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
Golden Coa Moth Golden Coa Moth-Only a heartless dragon would eat this amazingly delicious adorable creature.

"Here, pour the almonds into the bowl," Breccia was instructing one of the clan's hatchlings. "Good, that's all of them. Next we add the moths." The young dragon grinned as they poured, occasionally looking up at Breccia to check that they were doing it right. She smiled at them, and nodded encouragingly.

"What next?" The hatchling asked, dusting their claws off.

"I'm going to add this next part-"

"Awwwww"

"These wasps are still a little sharp, dear. I'm going to remove the stingers. You can watch though! Would you hand me the cutting board?"The hatchling sighed dramatically, then passed her the bowl, hopping up to watch.

"What else goes in?"

"Those strawberries we dried in the oven, remember them? We're going to put them in with the rest. The oven helps them last longer."

"Ohhhhhhh."

"Mmmhmm! And we're also going to put in some Hainu's Eyes. Do you know where the jar of those went?"
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 33 34