Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Plague is Life not Death
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Preach!

Plague is SURVIVAL!

Plus, Death doesn't equal evil!

The world would be terrible if there was no death. Try living with a fatal would for eternity? That's gotta hurt.

Although, I have to admit, it'd be cool if there was a 12th deity based off Death.

The Necromancer, perhaps?
Preach!

Plague is SURVIVAL!

Plus, Death doesn't equal evil!

The world would be terrible if there was no death. Try living with a fatal would for eternity? That's gotta hurt.

Although, I have to admit, it'd be cool if there was a 12th deity based off Death.

The Necromancer, perhaps?
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Yes! I’ve always held a high appreciation for Plague’s lore for this exact reason and it’s always bothered me when people reduce it to “plague is evil and mean, nature is uwu good”

At their core both are centered around the goal of survival, and both take some pretty brutal approaches to meet that goal.
Yes! I’ve always held a high appreciation for Plague’s lore for this exact reason and it’s always bothered me when people reduce it to “plague is evil and mean, nature is uwu good”

At their core both are centered around the goal of survival, and both take some pretty brutal approaches to meet that goal.
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
Yup! Plague is [b]life[/b] and [b]survival[/b], not death and undead. Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper (Plague and Nature) are [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=12]two sides of the same coin[/url][/b], with the same goal: Life and survival. It's their [i]method[/i] that differs. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=12][img]http://www.flightrising.com/images/wiki/thirdage/image2.jpg[/img][/url][/center] [center][emoji=plague rune size=4][emoji=nature rune size=4][/center]
Yup! Plague is life and survival, not death and undead.

Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper (Plague and Nature) are two sides of the same coin, with the same goal: Life and survival. It's their method that differs.

image2.jpg
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2019-06-04 13:22:19" ] Yup! Plague is [b]life[/b] and [b]survival[/b], not death and undead. Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper (Plague and Nature) are [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=12]two sides of the same coin[/url][/b], with the same goal: Life and survival. It's their [i]method[/i] that differs. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=12][img]http://www.flightrising.com/images/wiki/thirdage/image2.jpg[/img][/url][/center] [center][emoji=plague rune size=4][emoji=nature rune size=4][/center] [/quote] i'm not even IN plague (or nature for that matter) but this entirely^^^ plague needs a better reputation y'all, it's a good flight with a ton of lore potential besides just 'edgy' (though i do love edgy, i like seeing people challenge themselves)
Aequorin wrote on 2019-06-04 13:22:19:
Yup! Plague is life and survival, not death and undead.

Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper (Plague and Nature) are two sides of the same coin, with the same goal: Life and survival. It's their method that differs.

image2.jpg
i'm not even IN plague (or nature for that matter) but this entirely^^^ plague needs a better reputation y'all, it's a good flight with a ton of lore potential besides just 'edgy' (though i do love edgy, i like seeing people challenge themselves)
hkazXyz.png
- he/him
- 25 y/o
- bird nerd
- pings + random frq ok!
52qPuy7.png
Yes indeed. So often see the associated with death, which, I do understand, as the mental association with a Plague is the death that comes with it. I also try to throw in my two bits when people are like 'Nature is peaceful mediators with tea and flowers'. By like 'You know Gladekeeper is like... a conqueror amazon who ruled half the world at her creation right? She would gladly crush the life out of Plaguebringer with her jaws. And possibly would have if the Arcanist didn't interrupt!' I don't like my nemesis Flight being seen as weak pushovers. Just as vicious and worthy of an opponent. [s]Don't you dare get defeated by other Flights, that's our right to claim! [emoji=mirror winking size=1][/s]
Yes indeed. So often see the associated with death, which, I do understand, as the mental association with a Plague is the death that comes with it.

I also try to throw in my two bits when people are like 'Nature is peaceful mediators with tea and flowers'. By like 'You know Gladekeeper is like... a conqueror amazon who ruled half the world at her creation right? She would gladly crush the life out of Plaguebringer with her jaws. And possibly would have if the Arcanist didn't interrupt!'

I don't like my nemesis Flight being seen as weak pushovers. Just as vicious and worthy of an opponent. Don't you dare get defeated by other Flights, that's our right to claim!
XTgWYyz.pnggPpaGUw.png
Saplin here, throwing in how I think of things

Necrobotany is a thing

And it is one of my favorite concepts

Nature and Plague are equally brutal, and neither would exist without the other. Plague sends disease that ravages the environment, and Nature has invasive species that leave others to starve.

Darwinism is both of them. Equally. Exactly. You will survive to have offspring.
Or you won't. There is no in between. One is the other.

Rot brings Growth. Growth always Rots.
Saplin here, throwing in how I think of things

Necrobotany is a thing

And it is one of my favorite concepts

Nature and Plague are equally brutal, and neither would exist without the other. Plague sends disease that ravages the environment, and Nature has invasive species that leave others to starve.

Darwinism is both of them. Equally. Exactly. You will survive to have offspring.
Or you won't. There is no in between. One is the other.

Rot brings Growth. Growth always Rots.
D5434246-6648-4-AC8-9-E96-EF6547-FFA963.jpg
*Kelly Clarkson plays in the background*

Ahem, anyways. I definitely agree with this, Plague isn’t about death and destruction, if FR wanted that, they could just implement a human flight. Shade throwing aside, if Plague was about death and destruction, why would our flight be about survival? Everyone would be dead instead of thriving and surviving (I swear I didn’t mean for that to rhyme). If people want a flight to really squick them so to speak, implement one to do with demons. Now that flight would more than likely be about death, destruction, and every dastardly deed in between.
*Kelly Clarkson plays in the background*

Ahem, anyways. I definitely agree with this, Plague isn’t about death and destruction, if FR wanted that, they could just implement a human flight. Shade throwing aside, if Plague was about death and destruction, why would our flight be about survival? Everyone would be dead instead of thriving and surviving (I swear I didn’t mean for that to rhyme). If people want a flight to really squick them so to speak, implement one to do with demons. Now that flight would more than likely be about death, destruction, and every dastardly deed in between.
badgesmall.png Barghest subspecies

Qilin Subspecies

Warlocke
[url=https://imgflip.com/i/32nwkx][img]https://i.imgflip.com/32nwkx.jpg[/img][/url] We’re probably the evilest flight, but hide it under a pretty aesthetic. >:)
32nwkx.jpg

We’re probably the evilest flight, but hide it under a pretty aesthetic. >:)
6975-DF1-F-0-CE4-484-C-9-DAC-849203436797.png
ill always love my original flight, plague <3 im glad people are seeing it differently now, its an amazing place!
ill always love my original flight, plague <3 im glad people are seeing it differently now, its an amazing place!
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
Plague Mama loves you [emoji=heart size=1]
Plague Mama loves you
Are you ready for a scary story...?ZNP42DI.png o94-d1-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d2-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d3-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d4-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d5-Color-Blind-Brat.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15