Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Plague is Life not Death
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
I understand this thread completely. There isn’t really a good or an evil in Plague and Nature. They both have the same motive and just carry it out in different ways. I do hold a slight disagreement for the way things are carried out in Plague (perhaps it’s because I’m in Nature lol) but the misconceptions about it aren’t true.
I also agree with some of the things on here; death isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve heard of rituals/sacrifices from some flights. However as far as I’m aware, Plague doesn’t represent this; it instead represents survival just as much as many of the other flights do.
However, Plague is a pretty popular flight, and you can find the users everywhere. I don’t see nearly as many Nature people as I do Plague, so maybe it’s more popular than some people realize.
I understand this thread completely. There isn’t really a good or an evil in Plague and Nature. They both have the same motive and just carry it out in different ways. I do hold a slight disagreement for the way things are carried out in Plague (perhaps it’s because I’m in Nature lol) but the misconceptions about it aren’t true.
I also agree with some of the things on here; death isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve heard of rituals/sacrifices from some flights. However as far as I’m aware, Plague doesn’t represent this; it instead represents survival just as much as many of the other flights do.
However, Plague is a pretty popular flight, and you can find the users everywhere. I don’t see nearly as many Nature people as I do Plague, so maybe it’s more popular than some people realize.
Its the natural order of things to die...i think thats what makes plauge so beautiful and a great companion to nature flight as death can be just as beautiful and tender as life was. even if my clan hates nature dragons. hail plaugemama and spread her love. Life and death are complicated and so is the plauge flight.
Its the natural order of things to die...i think thats what makes plauge so beautiful and a great companion to nature flight as death can be just as beautiful and tender as life was. even if my clan hates nature dragons. hail plaugemama and spread her love. Life and death are complicated and so is the plauge flight.
MDv3cU2.png
nature child agreeing with our deadliness! altho my own lore focuses on the 'caring' aspect of nature dang the first seed is scary
plague can be squishy germs too uwu

oh!! and i realised you quoted me from that 'evil version of your flight thread'!
nature child agreeing with our deadliness! altho my own lore focuses on the 'caring' aspect of nature dang the first seed is scary
plague can be squishy germs too uwu

oh!! and i realised you quoted me from that 'evil version of your flight thread'!

__snek, snek, let down your necc
_ 5RUhw7e.gifmISblcI.gifXjw0MAJ.gif
Yeah, many people come to Plague probably in the same way that to Shadow: because the 'edginess' of the aesthetics. In ay case may leave in disappointment or stay in love, liking an aesthetic is subjective after all.

I have nothing more to add to this lovely thread, except I have an interpretation of the strategies in Life chosen by Nature and Plague to be different to what some people has said. I have a more Ecology/Medicine-of-Conservation pov in the topic:

Plague spreads fast, produces as many offspring as they can and doesn't matter how terrifying or ugly they are, Plague test them to keep the ones that are adapted to the ever-changing, harsh environment. That is basically the way in which evolution helps whole species to survive great environmental challenges (have a ton, challenge, some mutants survive, mutants are enough to rebuild entire population of the now slightly different species), and what researchers wish fingers-crossed that could happen with interesting species that are otherwise going extant due to anthropogenic environmental destruction. That's why Plaguebringer's motto was "as we spread we will thrive" and why she gives so much importance to survival and evolution.

Nature in the other side spreads slowly, secludes itself and grows and grooms what they already are. It keeps itself healthy and protected without caring about others (in the way a flowering tree cares about the corpses that feed their roots) but doing a full exploitation of their environment in the meanwhile, filling it with greenery. Is an ecosystem to the fullest potential of life it can sustain while keeping itself in stability, yet it only achieves it by keeping everything strange or different away. That's basically how species that exist in isles or are only conserved by zoos are surviving, and are the species that fill ecologists with dread as the slightest change in the environment could wipe-out the whole species due to the small number of healthy, yet not adapted individuals may be unable to repopulate the species if some of them die. It also explains why the Gladekeeper is, well, a Keeper, and is xenophobic and violent in her responses to other elemental gods and the weapons that she creates, while giving importance to healing and caring itself.

In the end, beside the whole ecology-science-y thing, even if both sisters want to control how the world should be like (like any dragon god), when danger is close they're firstly "determined to preserve themselves" (quote from the third Age lore). They're determined to survive, to keep Life being a thing.

So... thanks for stopping by my Ted talk, Survive!
Yeah, many people come to Plague probably in the same way that to Shadow: because the 'edginess' of the aesthetics. In ay case may leave in disappointment or stay in love, liking an aesthetic is subjective after all.

I have nothing more to add to this lovely thread, except I have an interpretation of the strategies in Life chosen by Nature and Plague to be different to what some people has said. I have a more Ecology/Medicine-of-Conservation pov in the topic:

Plague spreads fast, produces as many offspring as they can and doesn't matter how terrifying or ugly they are, Plague test them to keep the ones that are adapted to the ever-changing, harsh environment. That is basically the way in which evolution helps whole species to survive great environmental challenges (have a ton, challenge, some mutants survive, mutants are enough to rebuild entire population of the now slightly different species), and what researchers wish fingers-crossed that could happen with interesting species that are otherwise going extant due to anthropogenic environmental destruction. That's why Plaguebringer's motto was "as we spread we will thrive" and why she gives so much importance to survival and evolution.

Nature in the other side spreads slowly, secludes itself and grows and grooms what they already are. It keeps itself healthy and protected without caring about others (in the way a flowering tree cares about the corpses that feed their roots) but doing a full exploitation of their environment in the meanwhile, filling it with greenery. Is an ecosystem to the fullest potential of life it can sustain while keeping itself in stability, yet it only achieves it by keeping everything strange or different away. That's basically how species that exist in isles or are only conserved by zoos are surviving, and are the species that fill ecologists with dread as the slightest change in the environment could wipe-out the whole species due to the small number of healthy, yet not adapted individuals may be unable to repopulate the species if some of them die. It also explains why the Gladekeeper is, well, a Keeper, and is xenophobic and violent in her responses to other elemental gods and the weapons that she creates, while giving importance to healing and caring itself.

In the end, beside the whole ecology-science-y thing, even if both sisters want to control how the world should be like (like any dragon god), when danger is close they're firstly "determined to preserve themselves" (quote from the third Age lore). They're determined to survive, to keep Life being a thing.

So... thanks for stopping by my Ted talk, Survive!
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

heck yes appreciate plague also "germs" [emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1]
heck yes appreciate plague

also "germs"
e6rKuT7.png
zephyrus · he/they · frt + 0

im autistic, so my tone come off as
more aggressive than i mean to be ^^;
Never even seen someone saying otherwise, but nice post for those that doesnt understand!
Never even seen someone saying otherwise, but nice post for those that doesnt understand!
Rene2.png

Wishlist
Art shop
xxxxxxxxx shellbubble.gif
Ok, but to be fair, in real life, plagues kill thousands of people. So in that sense, plague does equal death

But I can still see how the FR version of plague is more about surviving
Ok, but to be fair, in real life, plagues kill thousands of people. So in that sense, plague does equal death

But I can still see how the FR version of plague is more about surviving
BFEMrcM.png
god this thread makes me tempted to take a small vacation to plague one of these days...
god this thread makes me tempted to take a small vacation to plague one of these days...
alU7SjZ.pngtumblr_oswg5vcfeg1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gifYdXahFO.gifc6ldplq.gifYdXahFO.giftumblr_oswg5vcfeg1v8lm95o4_r1_100.gifbkS13OY.png
Okay so I’m not even a huge fan of Plague’s aesthetic (it’s just not... me. Nothing personal~) but I completely totally appreciate the flight? If that makes sense? I always love when I see threads popping up with cool plague headcanons- I love the survival side of their lore and it’s super fun to read about others’ ideas on the subject. Plague deserves all of the love and appreciation. >:0
Okay so I’m not even a huge fan of Plague’s aesthetic (it’s just not... me. Nothing personal~) but I completely totally appreciate the flight? If that makes sense? I always love when I see threads popping up with cool plague headcanons- I love the survival side of their lore and it’s super fun to read about others’ ideas on the subject. Plague deserves all of the love and appreciation. >:0
light.gif
Knick -- busy student -- FR+3
Just a gal tryin to gene up her kids and collect familiars, whenever schoolwork permits. I like cats, folk music, and rain. Always up for a chat!
ZwVaRtj.gif
That's why I love plague! Its always been about survival and overcoming whatever is thrown at you. The flight was inspiring to me, that's why I joined. Not the aesthetic. Plus, all the people ive talked to from plague are super nice and really helpful but I may be biased since ive never been in any other flight lol
That's why I love plague! Its always been about survival and overcoming whatever is thrown at you. The flight was inspiring to me, that's why I joined. Not the aesthetic. Plus, all the people ive talked to from plague are super nice and really helpful but I may be biased since ive never been in any other flight lol
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15