Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Gene coloring confusion
in the middle of this pair is only one more color Granet .... how does Granet of all colors turn blue? crimson, crimson gold [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41459101] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/414592/41459101_350.png[/img] [/url] Sanguine, sanguine, gold [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41853499] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418535/41853499_350.png[/img] [/url] granet, granet, gold [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=161&bodygene=15&breed=8&element=8&gender=1&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=16&wings=161&auth=68dfb086e20d7603735f8046987ae883e4dcf71d&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
in the middle of this pair is only one more color Granet .... how does Granet of all colors turn blue?

crimson, crimson gold

41459101_350.png

Sanguine, sanguine, gold

41853499_350.png

granet, granet, gold
dragon?age=0&body=161&bodygene=15&breed=8&element=8&gender=1&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=16&wings=161&auth=68dfb086e20d7603735f8046987ae883e4dcf71d&dummyext=prev.png
@AngelOfMercy

It's normal for those genes. Skink and Spinner are genes that give dragons a pop of another color. Garnet's accent color happens to be blue while Sanguine's happens to be gold.

Since Skink and Spinner are more likely to be passed down than Crystal and Alloy, you'll see them more often in the hatchlings.
@AngelOfMercy

It's normal for those genes. Skink and Spinner are genes that give dragons a pop of another color. Garnet's accent color happens to be blue while Sanguine's happens to be gold.

Since Skink and Spinner are more likely to be passed down than Crystal and Alloy, you'll see them more often in the hatchlings.
8ZHLRVU.png

ELPHAEL
...he/they...
FR time + 3
I6jEjhp.png x OHvqVtK.png

TLcyt8d.png
@angeloercy that’s just garnets accent color. A lot of colors have really sharply contrasting accents- like radioactive, pthalho, lapis, orca, sapphire... the list goes on.
@angeloercy that’s just garnets accent color. A lot of colors have really sharply contrasting accents- like radioactive, pthalho, lapis, orca, sapphire... the list goes on.
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@AngelOfMercy

The Baldwin genes (Poison/Toxin and Spinner/Skink) give accent colors to your dragon. Here is a guide that shows the accent colors for Skink, Petals, and Poison. This one is Poison/Toxin combos. This one is for Skink/Spinner
@AngelOfMercy

The Baldwin genes (Poison/Toxin and Spinner/Skink) give accent colors to your dragon. Here is a guide that shows the accent colors for Skink, Petals, and Poison. This one is Poison/Toxin combos. This one is for Skink/Spinner
4NA9bEO.gif
Need an ice nest? Just send food
I train dragons! Elemental egg or 250kt/g to lvl25, 2-3 days
If you're waiting on a response, please check username spelling and ping/PM again :)
mTHWciO.gif tumblr_inline_nsthqhH2Q11s23g03_540.png
I find it odd gold and Sanguine go together while garnet and blue do not lol I'll have to spend a bit of treasure to fix these genes I don't think a dragon like that would sell very well

@Aldia ^^ thanks guys for the help

@Shinyumbreon
@LynterriaHatake
I find it odd gold and Sanguine go together while garnet and blue do not lol I'll have to spend a bit of treasure to fix these genes I don't think a dragon like that would sell very well

@Aldia ^^ thanks guys for the help

@Shinyumbreon
@LynterriaHatake
@AngelOfMercy For what it's worth, new genes will almost certainly cost more than the hatchlings would sell for (assuming you mean regening the parent - I absolutely do not recommend regening the hatchling to try to sell it). I ended up having to exalt these two because of no interest: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/416217/41621633_350.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/416217/41621634_350.png[/img] Exalting at level 6 would give you about 10kt, and switching out skink and spinner would cost anywhere from 200kt to 2.2Mt; you're better off getting a new dragon than regening in most cases, unless you're going for newly released (past week, generally) genes.
@AngelOfMercy

For what it's worth, new genes will almost certainly cost more than the hatchlings would sell for (assuming you mean regening the parent - I absolutely do not recommend regening the hatchling to try to sell it). I ended up having to exalt these two because of no interest:
41621633_350.png
41621634_350.png

Exalting at level 6 would give you about 10kt, and switching out skink and spinner would cost anywhere from 200kt to 2.2Mt; you're better off getting a new dragon than regening in most cases, unless you're going for newly released (past week, generally) genes.
4NA9bEO.gif
If you're waiting on a response, please check username spelling and ping/PM again :)
@LynterriaHatake

yes the parents I've changed genes of a few dragons and I know just how much it can cost @_@

Any genes under 600k suggested I don't know all the prices of genes as I've only bought the runes gene and changed one of my dragons to a pearlcatcher
@LynterriaHatake

yes the parents I've changed genes of a few dragons and I know just how much it can cost @_@

Any genes under 600k suggested I don't know all the prices of genes as I've only bought the runes gene and changed one of my dragons to a pearlcatcher
@AngelOfMercy Hm, so we're looking at Zuko x Ren, right? Zuko has gem genes, which means they will generally only be passed down very rarely (3% or less) unless Ren is given gem genes too. So you should pick genes you like the look of, since those are what will be passed down most of the time; in these colors, I'm personally a fan of Jupiter, Saturn, Falcon, and Peregrine, but I don't know what popular opinion is on those genes. An example of Jupiter/Peregrine: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=14&breed=10&element=2&gender=1&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=11&wings=121&auth=e656bdecdc9792b42bed3cb53d4839f58e87eeed&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Here's Garnet/Garnet on an imp: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=161&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=2&gender=1&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=11&wings=161&auth=87eff7ba0c96e167e964548967d6f372427c35e0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Really it's up to what you like, because the dragon market is over-saturated and so it's extremely hard to sell dragons. If you like her with her current genes, then changing them might not make sense to you considering that you still may not sell many hatchlings afterwards.
@AngelOfMercy

Hm, so we're looking at Zuko x Ren, right? Zuko has gem genes, which means they will generally only be passed down very rarely (3% or less) unless Ren is given gem genes too. So you should pick genes you like the look of, since those are what will be passed down most of the time; in these colors, I'm personally a fan of Jupiter, Saturn, Falcon, and Peregrine, but I don't know what popular opinion is on those genes. An example of Jupiter/Peregrine:
dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=14&breed=10&element=2&gender=1&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=11&wings=121&auth=e656bdecdc9792b42bed3cb53d4839f58e87eeed&dummyext=prev.png
Here's Garnet/Garnet on an imp:
dragon?age=1&body=161&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=2&gender=1&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=11&wings=161&auth=87eff7ba0c96e167e964548967d6f372427c35e0&dummyext=prev.png

Really it's up to what you like, because the dragon market is over-saturated and so it's extremely hard to sell dragons. If you like her with her current genes, then changing them might not make sense to you considering that you still may not sell many hatchlings afterwards.
4NA9bEO.gif
@LynterriaHatake

yeah those genes look really good together
@LynterriaHatake

yeah those genes look really good together
No Ren x Zuke aren't mine

Kama and Vanna are mine XD I'll probably change Vanna's genes (I like the look of Kama but then again I like the look of Vanna too it's a shame of the odd pairing of colors ^_^ oh well next time i'll look at all the colors before buying XD
No Ren x Zuke aren't mine

Kama and Vanna are mine XD I'll probably change Vanna's genes (I like the look of Kama but then again I like the look of Vanna too it's a shame of the odd pairing of colors ^_^ oh well next time i'll look at all the colors before buying XD