Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | weirdest phobias...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
so i saw a post about poorly-timed phobias, and i was reminded of all of my strange phobias and the weird stories about how i got them... now i wanna talk about mine and i wanna hear about yours. so, ill go first!

when i was little (like seven or eight) i had an utterly paralyzing fear of being alone in bathrooms. even the bathroom in my own house... needless to say, this was a problem. eventually, my mother got sick of my garbage and asked why on earth i was terrified of bathrooms, to which, i vividly remember responding:

"there was a dancing skeleton on the wall..."

now, thats utter nonsense to everyone who doesn't know the story. luckily, childhood trauma makes you remember stuff really well, so i can recall basically every second of it. i had just eaten a frankly absurd amount of cake (it was the day after my brother's birthday and my mom didnt want the cake to go stale) so when i went to the restroom, i had a sugar hallucination and out of the corner of my eye, i saw what i thought was a purple, dancing skeleton with a top hat on. and i basically screamed bloody murder and cried for a half hour (i was... a delicate child)

i am, fortunately, over this phobia.
so i saw a post about poorly-timed phobias, and i was reminded of all of my strange phobias and the weird stories about how i got them... now i wanna talk about mine and i wanna hear about yours. so, ill go first!

when i was little (like seven or eight) i had an utterly paralyzing fear of being alone in bathrooms. even the bathroom in my own house... needless to say, this was a problem. eventually, my mother got sick of my garbage and asked why on earth i was terrified of bathrooms, to which, i vividly remember responding:

"there was a dancing skeleton on the wall..."

now, thats utter nonsense to everyone who doesn't know the story. luckily, childhood trauma makes you remember stuff really well, so i can recall basically every second of it. i had just eaten a frankly absurd amount of cake (it was the day after my brother's birthday and my mom didnt want the cake to go stale) so when i went to the restroom, i had a sugar hallucination and out of the corner of my eye, i saw what i thought was a purple, dancing skeleton with a top hat on. and i basically screamed bloody murder and cried for a half hour (i was... a delicate child)

i am, fortunately, over this phobia.
error 404: user is too lazy to update signature. please try again later.
I have a fear of stickers.

I’m slowly getting over it but they still make my skin crawl to be around. My friends don’t believe me when I tell them about it so they taunt me with fruit stickers which is honestly, terrifying. Fruit stickers are the worst ones.

The fear stems from two events in my childhood. First, I had a fruit sticker stuck in the bottom of my favorite shoe for months and I cried because I could never get it off. Second, a girl who often bullied me came up to me in kindergarten and slapped a sticker on my back and laughed at me when I tried to peel it off, which, I couldn’t. Again, it made me cry and I had to ask the teacher for help.

What doesn’t help is that my dad has a bad habit of forgetting to take the stickers off of fruit before using them... so sometimes I get a sticker in my food and I nearly have a panic attack because I could’ve swallowed it, and that REALLY freaks me out.
I have a fear of stickers.

I’m slowly getting over it but they still make my skin crawl to be around. My friends don’t believe me when I tell them about it so they taunt me with fruit stickers which is honestly, terrifying. Fruit stickers are the worst ones.

The fear stems from two events in my childhood. First, I had a fruit sticker stuck in the bottom of my favorite shoe for months and I cried because I could never get it off. Second, a girl who often bullied me came up to me in kindergarten and slapped a sticker on my back and laughed at me when I tried to peel it off, which, I couldn’t. Again, it made me cry and I had to ask the teacher for help.

What doesn’t help is that my dad has a bad habit of forgetting to take the stickers off of fruit before using them... so sometimes I get a sticker in my food and I nearly have a panic attack because I could’ve swallowed it, and that REALLY freaks me out.
8HtYjYR.jpg art-shop-icon_orig.jpg EE6A8YJ.jpg
@MagicmakerRose that's definitely a strange phobia, but i can see where it came from. kids are really sensitive and even silly stuff can utterly scar them
@MagicmakerRose that's definitely a strange phobia, but i can see where it came from. kids are really sensitive and even silly stuff can utterly scar them
I used to have, and still in some small way do, have a fear of mirrors. I read a comic once where this cursed gal was being haunted by a ghost and she looked into a mirror and saw it and it was a really creepy lookin' ghost.

So instead of becoming afraid of curses or ghosts I, naturally, decided I really didn't like mirrors.
I used to have, and still in some small way do, have a fear of mirrors. I read a comic once where this cursed gal was being haunted by a ghost and she looked into a mirror and saw it and it was a really creepy lookin' ghost.

So instead of becoming afraid of curses or ghosts I, naturally, decided I really didn't like mirrors.
@Kirrandria i feel you there... i don't like having reflective surfaces near me. if my windows aren't covered by my curtains while i try to sleep i get paranoid
@Kirrandria i feel you there... i don't like having reflective surfaces near me. if my windows aren't covered by my curtains while i try to sleep i get paranoid
i would love a purple skeleton with a hat to dance with me
i would love a purple skeleton with a hat to dance with me
Hello LGBT Community
I hate those weird long loofa sponges. They freak the hell out of me.

They look like weird parasitic worms!! Why do people wanna clean with those of all things!!! They're weird!!! I can just imagine gross breathing noises from them!!!! EUGH NOOOO
I hate those weird long loofa sponges. They freak the hell out of me.

They look like weird parasitic worms!! Why do people wanna clean with those of all things!!! They're weird!!! I can just imagine gross breathing noises from them!!!! EUGH NOOOO
Meet me in the woods, we gonna be spooky baybee!!
I have a fear of balloons, and the reason is, reasonable:

I am hypersensitive in hearing, so basically sounds are x2 in loudness for me. Also I'm very skittish and hate jumpscares, a lot. That is just the recipe for balloons: Unpredictable things what make a loud sound when explode. Ech. Even seeing balloons irl makes me very uncomfortable. It's like, I have a feeling they're gonna suddenly explode and be so loud that I get deaf or something.

Had this fear as a kid, and to this day. :}
I have a fear of balloons, and the reason is, reasonable:

I am hypersensitive in hearing, so basically sounds are x2 in loudness for me. Also I'm very skittish and hate jumpscares, a lot. That is just the recipe for balloons: Unpredictable things what make a loud sound when explode. Ech. Even seeing balloons irl makes me very uncomfortable. It's like, I have a feeling they're gonna suddenly explode and be so loud that I get deaf or something.

Had this fear as a kid, and to this day. :}
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
Im scared of Trypophobia (the fear of holes). I dont HAVE it, im just scared of getting it cause of what it apparently does (dont google it). to be fair it is HORRIFYING.
Im scared of Trypophobia (the fear of holes). I dont HAVE it, im just scared of getting it cause of what it apparently does (dont google it). to be fair it is HORRIFYING.
furry_fiddle.png
(@Beetlefix O hey fellow who's also scared of balloons)

Yep, also scared of balloon here. And anything explosive or loud in general. The reason why is because there's this once where a balloon popped so dang loud near me and it scared the living crap out of my skin, like legit my soul just flew out and I cried for a really long time. Until today, when I see a balloon, even if it's like 100 meters away, I'll still be scared as hecc and find a place to hide.

And the second, explosive or loud in general, is an absolute pain. I am a Chinese-Malaysian so we celebrate CNY and there will be alot of people who will set up fireworks, crackers and "firework poppers". Actually, I'm scared of them because I always thought their flames would land on me, which ALMOST happen when I was a kid. You see, back when I was with my cousins celebrating, one of my older cousin literally ripped the package for the poppers apart, and all of them fell right next to my foot and I almost thought my foot is going to get a hole on it. Thankfully nothing hit me. But still a scary experience and I would avoid them like crazy.

Basically, in the end, I'm scared of anything explosive.
(@Beetlefix O hey fellow who's also scared of balloons)

Yep, also scared of balloon here. And anything explosive or loud in general. The reason why is because there's this once where a balloon popped so dang loud near me and it scared the living crap out of my skin, like legit my soul just flew out and I cried for a really long time. Until today, when I see a balloon, even if it's like 100 meters away, I'll still be scared as hecc and find a place to hide.

And the second, explosive or loud in general, is an absolute pain. I am a Chinese-Malaysian so we celebrate CNY and there will be alot of people who will set up fireworks, crackers and "firework poppers". Actually, I'm scared of them because I always thought their flames would land on me, which ALMOST happen when I was a kid. You see, back when I was with my cousins celebrating, one of my older cousin literally ripped the package for the poppers apart, and all of them fell right next to my foot and I almost thought my foot is going to get a hole on it. Thankfully nothing hit me. But still a scary experience and I would avoid them like crazy.

Basically, in the end, I'm scared of anything explosive.
C8eEWc5.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10