Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things That 'Don't Exist'
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(This is NOT a creepypasta)

In around February of this year, one of my friends went to a used book store. She got a whole bunch of books, but she only showed one to me. It was a dark brown book, with its title in silver letters; "The Sisters and the Attempted Destruction of the Empire". I read the first few pages of it, it happened in a fantasy universe and two sisters were told they needed to solve the mystery that was the murder of the king. Guessing by the writing style, it was probably written in the early 1800s. It was a really good book, so far.

"Too bad I can't reccommend you the whole thing." She said to me as I was reading it

I looked at her puzzled, then she explained to me that after she read it, she looked it up. According to Google, it wasn't a real book. She looked up the author and that person wasn't an author, but some German actress that died just ten years ago. I looked it up too, it wasn't a prank, this book seemed to not exist.

The existence of this 'lost book' just sits at the back of my mind every once in a while. (I'm also considering rewriting it on wattpad or something)

A similar thing happened to me a few days ago. I heard a song that sounded like it was from the 50s or 60s. I looked up the title and nothing came up. I looked up the lyrics and nothing came up. This song didn't exist either.

Have you ever had something like this happen?

(This is NOT a creepypasta)

In around February of this year, one of my friends went to a used book store. She got a whole bunch of books, but she only showed one to me. It was a dark brown book, with its title in silver letters; "The Sisters and the Attempted Destruction of the Empire". I read the first few pages of it, it happened in a fantasy universe and two sisters were told they needed to solve the mystery that was the murder of the king. Guessing by the writing style, it was probably written in the early 1800s. It was a really good book, so far.

"Too bad I can't reccommend you the whole thing." She said to me as I was reading it

I looked at her puzzled, then she explained to me that after she read it, she looked it up. According to Google, it wasn't a real book. She looked up the author and that person wasn't an author, but some German actress that died just ten years ago. I looked it up too, it wasn't a prank, this book seemed to not exist.

The existence of this 'lost book' just sits at the back of my mind every once in a while. (I'm also considering rewriting it on wattpad or something)

A similar thing happened to me a few days ago. I heard a song that sounded like it was from the 50s or 60s. I looked up the title and nothing came up. I looked up the lyrics and nothing came up. This song didn't exist either.

Have you ever had something like this happen?

@FalloutStreak

Bro it sounded like you entered a different dimension
@FalloutStreak

Bro it sounded like you entered a different dimension
Sounds creepy
Sounds creepy
@SaturnNeptune

Yeah, it is.
@SaturnNeptune

Yeah, it is.
@FalloutStreak that's absolutely bizzare. I can't think of anything that I remember ending up being 'nonexistant' atm myself but there's a lot of super obscure cartoons I remember my childhood that I loved dearly but made me feel like I was making things up. However I've found those said series on youtube.

I admit I love a good mystery like this. It makes me so curious. I wonder if you were to go back to the store if you'd be able find the book again, or any other 'nonexistant' books. Probably not considering it was months ago, but still. How very atrange.
@FalloutStreak that's absolutely bizzare. I can't think of anything that I remember ending up being 'nonexistant' atm myself but there's a lot of super obscure cartoons I remember my childhood that I loved dearly but made me feel like I was making things up. However I've found those said series on youtube.

I admit I love a good mystery like this. It makes me so curious. I wonder if you were to go back to the store if you'd be able find the book again, or any other 'nonexistant' books. Probably not considering it was months ago, but still. How very atrange.
T3TuubO.png
eerie

i like it
eerie

i like it
21571.png Call me Meido! (any pronouns)
Neurodivergent, I do use tone indicators at times!
Don't be afraid to ping me! (+3 FR Time)
Wishlist - Gene Plans
Current Avatar
@FalloutStreak I actually can relate to this. I got a little old poetry book from a second hand shop back when I was a kid, dated around... I think it was 1910ish? It's called 'Poems from the House on the Hill' and was written by a woman. There's publishing details and everything in the book, but I can't find any trace of the writer or book itself on record.
@FalloutStreak I actually can relate to this. I got a little old poetry book from a second hand shop back when I was a kid, dated around... I think it was 1910ish? It's called 'Poems from the House on the Hill' and was written by a woman. There's publishing details and everything in the book, but I can't find any trace of the writer or book itself on record.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
Alternate timeline
Alternate timeline
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
I have read a book that didn't exist.

It was bought at Goodwill when I was 6-7. It was book about these sentient dogs that lost their memories every night. They were actually fallen angels that existed in their own sort of Hell (being dogs who were on an important mission for God they couldn't remember) as a punishment for rebelling against God. I never finished it because being the age I was, it was a little hard for me to read. I remember their being old ink sketches in it, and I can recall this one scene really well. It had a plain blue cover, and it was dedicated in 1941 to a person named Sarah (her name and the date was written in ink on the inside of the cover). My mom remembers it, after all, she bought it. But when my family joined and we moved, it vanished.

A while ago I decided to find the book online but nothing came up. I've never seen anything that resembles it. It probably exists somewhere, and I reaaaaally want to finish it. But its like a ghost, I cannot find it anywhere.
I have read a book that didn't exist.

It was bought at Goodwill when I was 6-7. It was book about these sentient dogs that lost their memories every night. They were actually fallen angels that existed in their own sort of Hell (being dogs who were on an important mission for God they couldn't remember) as a punishment for rebelling against God. I never finished it because being the age I was, it was a little hard for me to read. I remember their being old ink sketches in it, and I can recall this one scene really well. It had a plain blue cover, and it was dedicated in 1941 to a person named Sarah (her name and the date was written in ink on the inside of the cover). My mom remembers it, after all, she bought it. But when my family joined and we moved, it vanished.

A while ago I decided to find the book online but nothing came up. I've never seen anything that resembles it. It probably exists somewhere, and I reaaaaally want to finish it. But its like a ghost, I cannot find it anywhere.
umm... i'm too lazy to look it up, but a kids show known as "Wilbur". i faintly remember one episode, that's it, and i've never heard anything about it again.

i'm beginning to think it might be a little like this, but i'm not totally sure if i'm weaving memories or not.
umm... i'm too lazy to look it up, but a kids show known as "Wilbur". i faintly remember one episode, that's it, and i've never heard anything about it again.

i'm beginning to think it might be a little like this, but i'm not totally sure if i'm weaving memories or not.
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
1 2 3 4 5 6 7