Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Movies you love that critics/others hate
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
So I actually really love Halle Barry's Catwoman. It's my favorite version of her and I wish she was loved more.
So I actually really love Halle Barry's Catwoman. It's my favorite version of her and I wish she was loved more.
hANn2C0.gif
THE VILLAGE

Dang I freaking love that movie and it's so so so underrated
THE VILLAGE

Dang I freaking love that movie and it's so so so underrated
Frankenstein3.jpg
Fantasia 2000.

Yeah, its big brother Fantasia from the 1940s also got mixed reviews when it first came out, but most everybody sees it as a classic now. Fantasia 2000, meanwhile, gets a lot of flak for various reasons, but it's an overall enjoyable movie and one of my childhood favorites.

Fantasia 2000 seems to have a reputation as the weaker of the two. Though both films have their merits and their weaknesses, more people talk about Fantasia 2000's weaknesses than its big brother's. But Fantasia 2000 was a darn solid movie and at some points was more enjoyable than its predecessor. Hell, "The Firebird Suite" is one of the few movie moments that I have bawled actual tears at and that is like the Medal of Honor when it comes to my movie standards. I tear up just thinking about how much it makes me cry.
Fantasia 2000.

Yeah, its big brother Fantasia from the 1940s also got mixed reviews when it first came out, but most everybody sees it as a classic now. Fantasia 2000, meanwhile, gets a lot of flak for various reasons, but it's an overall enjoyable movie and one of my childhood favorites.

Fantasia 2000 seems to have a reputation as the weaker of the two. Though both films have their merits and their weaknesses, more people talk about Fantasia 2000's weaknesses than its big brother's. But Fantasia 2000 was a darn solid movie and at some points was more enjoyable than its predecessor. Hell, "The Firebird Suite" is one of the few movie moments that I have bawled actual tears at and that is like the Medal of Honor when it comes to my movie standards. I tear up just thinking about how much it makes me cry.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
Pocahontas, I understand why people dislike it, but I thought it was a beautiful and very enjoyable movie. The thing I don't like about it is that I don't care for most of the songs except for Colors of the Wind, other than that it's an alright movie and very nostalgic.
Pocahontas, I understand why people dislike it, but I thought it was a beautiful and very enjoyable movie. The thing I don't like about it is that I don't care for most of the songs except for Colors of the Wind, other than that it's an alright movie and very nostalgic.
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
I genuinely think Epic Movie is really funny. I know it was panned and I've never met another person who likes it, but I really did enjoy it. And still do.

Yes, I do get why people don't like it. It doesn't change my opinion on it though.
I genuinely think Epic Movie is really funny. I know it was panned and I've never met another person who likes it, but I really did enjoy it. And still do.

Yes, I do get why people don't like it. It doesn't change my opinion on it though.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
Shark Tale I thought the story was fun and character designs were pretty creative when I first saw it, and I've seen it several times since because I LOVE fish and my favorite TV personality did Oscar's voice in the Japanese dub. Which is especially neat because he's met Will Smith several times and they always play off each other really well despite the language/culture barrier. And then I found out that no one likes Shark Tale. It's not outright hated, but no one cares about it. Like it's mocked whenever it's brought up, but it's so rarely brought up that I can't even pretend to like it ironically. [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/5141256b0cae15481c9f3d3a52fc45bf/tumblr_inline_nfbcn5xKb81qdi0df.gif[/img] That doesn't stop me from watching it whenever my wifi goes out though.
Shark Tale

I thought the story was fun and character designs were pretty creative when I first saw it, and I've seen it several times since because I LOVE fish and my favorite TV personality did Oscar's voice in the Japanese dub. Which is especially neat because he's met Will Smith several times and they always play off each other really well despite the language/culture barrier.

And then I found out that no one likes Shark Tale. It's not outright hated, but no one cares about it. Like it's mocked whenever it's brought up, but it's so rarely brought up that I can't even pretend to like it ironically.

tumblr_inline_nfbcn5xKb81qdi0df.gif

That doesn't stop me from watching it whenever my wifi goes out though.
tumblr_inline_o732liQHsK1qdi0df_540.jpg
[quote name="soyrwoo" date=2017-09-06 19:42:35] Shark Tale I thought the story was fun and character designs were pretty creative when I first saw it, and I've seen it several times since because I LOVE fish and my favorite TV personality did Oscar's voice in the Japanese dub. Which is especially neat because he's met Will Smith several times and they always play off each other really well despite the language/culture barrier. And then I found out that no one likes Shark Tale. It's not outright hated, but no one cares about it. Like it's mocked whenever it's brought up, but it's so rarely brought up that I can't even pretend to like it ironically. [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/5141256b0cae15481c9f3d3a52fc45bf/tumblr_inline_nfbcn5xKb81qdi0df.gif[/img] That doesn't stop me from watching it whenever my wifi goes out though. [/quote] omg I love Shark Tale! It makes me so sad people don't like that movie.
soyrwoo wrote on 2017-09-06:
Shark Tale

I thought the story was fun and character designs were pretty creative when I first saw it, and I've seen it several times since because I LOVE fish and my favorite TV personality did Oscar's voice in the Japanese dub. Which is especially neat because he's met Will Smith several times and they always play off each other really well despite the language/culture barrier.

And then I found out that no one likes Shark Tale. It's not outright hated, but no one cares about it. Like it's mocked whenever it's brought up, but it's so rarely brought up that I can't even pretend to like it ironically.

tumblr_inline_nfbcn5xKb81qdi0df.gif

That doesn't stop me from watching it whenever my wifi goes out though.

omg I love Shark Tale! It makes me so sad people don't like that movie.
PJb908Z.png
X-Files Fight The Future (1998). Most people have mixed reviews, but I love it....
X-Files Fight The Future (1998). Most people have mixed reviews, but I love it....
IMG_0247.jpg
Pacific Rim to be honest.

It's a decently rated movie, but the people who don't like it... REALLY don't like it.
Then again, people complain about anything.

Bad storyline? Blame the actors not the screen writers
Bad because it features robots fighting monsters? Why did you watch the movie in the first place
Bad clichés? It's a movie. Deal with it.
Bad female lead? Get a male lead
Bad because it's lead is a male? Really...

I stand by Pacific Rim like nothing else.
Pacific Rim to be honest.

It's a decently rated movie, but the people who don't like it... REALLY don't like it.
Then again, people complain about anything.

Bad storyline? Blame the actors not the screen writers
Bad because it features robots fighting monsters? Why did you watch the movie in the first place
Bad clichés? It's a movie. Deal with it.
Bad female lead? Get a male lead
Bad because it's lead is a male? Really...

I stand by Pacific Rim like nothing else.

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png
@Hawktalon @HarvestHare @HerdofTurtles Oh, wow, those all sound promising! I wasn't able to catch The Dark Tower in the theater, but I don't think Valerian's showing here yet. I'll have to add them to my to-watch list. :D

@ImpossibleJedi4 Yeah, it was something about how -- WAIT FOR IT! -- it was very different from the books.
I've learned not to mind reviews like this, as I consider the books separate from the movies anyway. Like parallel universes. XD

@LS299 *blinks* I can't believe that a lot of people dislike it. I thought it was pretty cool. I especially liked the Jaeger and kaiju designs. Also the fact that they didn't shoehorn a romance into the subplot. There were hints that it might develop between the two leads, but that was all.

Also, Ron Perlman's character was amazing. XD
@Hawktalon @HarvestHare @HerdofTurtles Oh, wow, those all sound promising! I wasn't able to catch The Dark Tower in the theater, but I don't think Valerian's showing here yet. I'll have to add them to my to-watch list. :D

@ImpossibleJedi4 Yeah, it was something about how -- WAIT FOR IT! -- it was very different from the books.
I've learned not to mind reviews like this, as I consider the books separate from the movies anyway. Like parallel universes. XD

@LS299 *blinks* I can't believe that a lot of people dislike it. I thought it was pretty cool. I especially liked the Jaeger and kaiju designs. Also the fact that they didn't shoehorn a romance into the subplot. There were hints that it might develop between the two leads, but that was all.

Also, Ron Perlman's character was amazing. XD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19