Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragon Age Anybody?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Oh man I love Inquisition so much. I've only done one playthrough of it with an elf mage. I tried going through again, but... that elf mage is my inquisitor. I cannot imagine anyone else also in that position. ;-;

That, and I heard the game is different for each class and race but I somehow doubt that, besides a few changes in the dialogue. Can someone clarify that for me?
Oh man I love Inquisition so much. I've only done one playthrough of it with an elf mage. I tried going through again, but... that elf mage is my inquisitor. I cannot imagine anyone else also in that position. ;-;

That, and I heard the game is different for each class and race but I somehow doubt that, besides a few changes in the dialogue. Can someone clarify that for me?
tumblr_mi6r7uNWQ01r99sp0o1_500.gif
Hi. I just wanna interact with people on this heccn website.
[quote name="Vampurr" date=2017-04-23 08:56:50] I've only romanced Josephine so far with a female elven mage. I'd like to romance Sera and maybe Dorian eventually, but I'll probably wait till my summer break since I'll have more time to play. I'm aiming for Leliana in Origins, but that'll probably be a while since I don't have a lot of time to devote to the game till the summer. I'd also like to romance Morrigan and Alistair eventually too. I'll probably still play DA:2 just because it's part of the series. Im not gonna rate Origins and Inqusition against each other yet since I haven't played Origins far enough yet, but I have a feeling it would be very close. Origins is older, so it's old graphics are to be expected. I like Inquisition's controls for quests, new skills, and the like better. I am not fond of how you keep up with quests in Origins; just kind of confusing to me. Though I like the battle system in origins better, though. There's too much to keep up with in the Inqusition's battle system, at least to me. I didn't even use the slow motion thing in Inquisition; I just went at the enemies like a rabid dog with little to no strategy. [/quote] LOL! That's how I fight in Inquisition, too. When you do get around to playing DA2, I recommend romancing Fenris. He has the most feels and is the cutest ( imo >w>. Anders comes close but I've literally NEVER romanced anyone except Fenris in all of my playthroughs lol... )
Vampurr wrote on 2017-04-23:
I've only romanced Josephine so far with a female elven mage. I'd like to romance Sera and maybe Dorian eventually, but I'll probably wait till my summer break since I'll have more time to play.
I'm aiming for Leliana in Origins, but that'll probably be a while since I don't have a lot of time to devote to the game till the summer. I'd also like to romance Morrigan and Alistair eventually too.

I'll probably still play DA:2 just because it's part of the series. Im not gonna rate Origins and Inqusition against each other yet since I haven't played Origins far enough yet, but I have a feeling it would be very close. Origins is older, so it's old graphics are to be expected. I like Inquisition's controls for quests, new skills, and the like better. I am not fond of how you keep up with quests in Origins; just kind of confusing to me. Though I like the battle system in origins better, though. There's too much to keep up with in the Inqusition's battle system, at least to me. I didn't even use the slow motion thing in Inquisition; I just went at the enemies like a rabid dog with little to no strategy.

LOL! That's how I fight in Inquisition, too.

When you do get around to playing DA2, I recommend romancing Fenris. He has the most feels and is the cutest ( imo >w>. Anders comes close but I've literally NEVER romanced anyone except Fenris in all of my playthroughs lol... )
e7KkoXh.png
I love Dragon Age! I've played Origins and 2 and am currently working on Inquisition! I usually play as an elf mage! I think my favorite games 2 (unpopular opinion i know haha) and my fave characters Anders!
I love Dragon Age! I've played Origins and 2 and am currently working on Inquisition! I usually play as an elf mage! I think my favorite games 2 (unpopular opinion i know haha) and my fave characters Anders!
@Sheer
Heh, I'm playing as exactly the same character I made on my first playthrough of Inquisition. I loved the character too much to make another one to play as. I'd suggest maybe doing that if you don't want to play with another character?

I know dialogue is changed on race and class and a little bit on other stuff, but not a whole lot. In Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts, if your race is Elven with any class, Dwarven with any class, or a human mage, your court approval is instantly taken down by -10. If you play Qunari with any class, you loose -15. Now if you play as a human warrior or rogue, you actually get +5 upon the base approval of 40.
Also some of the people you can court in the game can only be courted by certain races, such as Solas only being court-able for female elven inquisitors.
Other than that, I don't believe there's much more of a difference? I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a good majority of it is the dialogue part of it. I hope anything that I said helped you, though.
@Sheer
Heh, I'm playing as exactly the same character I made on my first playthrough of Inquisition. I loved the character too much to make another one to play as. I'd suggest maybe doing that if you don't want to play with another character?

I know dialogue is changed on race and class and a little bit on other stuff, but not a whole lot. In Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts, if your race is Elven with any class, Dwarven with any class, or a human mage, your court approval is instantly taken down by -10. If you play Qunari with any class, you loose -15. Now if you play as a human warrior or rogue, you actually get +5 upon the base approval of 40.
Also some of the people you can court in the game can only be courted by certain races, such as Solas only being court-able for female elven inquisitors.
Other than that, I don't believe there's much more of a difference? I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a good majority of it is the dialogue part of it. I hope anything that I said helped you, though.
pF2R4fXm.pngtumblr_static_16xs8up0p8iockogwk0k0k8oc.png qesQFkT.gif
@ArchieHicox
Ye, I love Inquisition too! I could probably never get tired of playing through it all!
Oh yes, definitely! I absolutely love the big maps; they're so much fun to explore! I can't wait to see what Bioware has in store for the next game!
I really like your Inquisitor as well! I wish I was that good at customizing your character in the game heh!

@BarryPaws
Ooo nice! I hope that you're having fun with Inquisition so far! Are you liking it as much as the others or...?

@oriba
Thank you for that tip! I have a feeling he'll be high on my list when I eventually get around to playing DA2.
@ArchieHicox
Ye, I love Inquisition too! I could probably never get tired of playing through it all!
Oh yes, definitely! I absolutely love the big maps; they're so much fun to explore! I can't wait to see what Bioware has in store for the next game!
I really like your Inquisitor as well! I wish I was that good at customizing your character in the game heh!

@BarryPaws
Ooo nice! I hope that you're having fun with Inquisition so far! Are you liking it as much as the others or...?

@oriba
Thank you for that tip! I have a feeling he'll be high on my list when I eventually get around to playing DA2.
@Vampurr

I actually started to replay the game with the same character design (after spending hours perfecting it...) but I didn't get far. It's never the same after the first run, sadly. I'll probably pick it up again soon though.

As I thought, it seems. Although I didn't know the part about some characters only being able to get courted by certain races. I'll look into that further. Thanks for the info. :)
@Vampurr

I actually started to replay the game with the same character design (after spending hours perfecting it...) but I didn't get far. It's never the same after the first run, sadly. I'll probably pick it up again soon though.

As I thought, it seems. Although I didn't know the part about some characters only being able to get courted by certain races. I'll look into that further. Thanks for the info. :)
@Vampurr I may or may not have a Cole floating around in the back of my lair... ;3 Though he's very different from Spycopoth's. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20574744] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/205748/20574744_350.png[/img] [/url] I'm terrible at finishing games, so even though I've played all 3 I've only finished Origins. If I miss something or get one thing 'wrong' I have to go back to a previous save or start from the beginning again. :P
@Vampurr I may or may not have a Cole floating around in the back of my lair... ;3 Though he's very different from Spycopoth's.

20574744_350.png

I'm terrible at finishing games, so even though I've played all 3 I've only finished Origins. If I miss something or get one thing 'wrong' I have to go back to a previous save or start from the beginning again. :P

natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
@Vampurr I like it! I don't think I like it as much as 2 and so far its kinda tied with origins!
@Vampurr I like it! I don't think I like it as much as 2 and so far its kinda tied with origins!
@Avessa
Oh my gosh! I absolutely love your dragon of Cole! It's so good, especially that description too. You chose amazing apparel for it as well! Ahh, I can't get enough of him. He's such a good fan dragon!
Yeah, I get you. It takes me forever to get through games too. I get lost really easily, especially in Inquisition with all those big maps. I also have to repeat big decisions if I mess them up too, so I definitely relate with you there.

@Sheer
Ah, I see.
I guess the kind of thing happened when with me too. I haven't touched Inquisition since I got Dragon Age Origins, which is odd since I've had a little bit of time to devote to both as of late. Though you are definitely right, it is never the same after the first run. At the least, I do know I'll keep playing Inquisition to court all the other lovely characters too heheh.
Ah, okay! I'm happy that I could give you some new information!
@Avessa
Oh my gosh! I absolutely love your dragon of Cole! It's so good, especially that description too. You chose amazing apparel for it as well! Ahh, I can't get enough of him. He's such a good fan dragon!
Yeah, I get you. It takes me forever to get through games too. I get lost really easily, especially in Inquisition with all those big maps. I also have to repeat big decisions if I mess them up too, so I definitely relate with you there.

@Sheer
Ah, I see.
I guess the kind of thing happened when with me too. I haven't touched Inquisition since I got Dragon Age Origins, which is odd since I've had a little bit of time to devote to both as of late. Though you are definitely right, it is never the same after the first run. At the least, I do know I'll keep playing Inquisition to court all the other lovely characters too heheh.
Ah, okay! I'm happy that I could give you some new information!
@Vampurr

As far as replaying goes, it certainly helps that I adore my inquisitor~ And uh... all this talk about the game makes me want to open it up again. Whoops. Haven't decided who I'm going to court this time though. Decisions, decisions
@Vampurr

As far as replaying goes, it certainly helps that I adore my inquisitor~ And uh... all this talk about the game makes me want to open it up again. Whoops. Haven't decided who I'm going to court this time though. Decisions, decisions
1 2 3 4 5 6