Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragon Age Anybody?
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Vampurr YES! I played trough Inquisitions far enough before my laptop died :D I had to say goodbye to my gorgeous archer elf. I was about to romance Dorian .___. If I am honest I could just talk ages about the game haha. The graphics, fffff... <3
I tried playing trough Origins but no matter what I did, I couldn't get into the game. I have no clue why. I watched a playtrough and I found it really nice, but Origins is still the only game that doesn't really make me wanna play it.
As for Dragon age 2... I hope I'll get it someday and properly play it myself (so far I've only done extensive reading, watching let's plays on youtube and such).. I have feelings for Fenris (Wow, so surprising! XD) and mixed feelings about Anders. I don't really like him. But somehow I cannot say I hate him either for a lot of reasons. It's complicated...? :|
@Vampurr YES! I played trough Inquisitions far enough before my laptop died :D I had to say goodbye to my gorgeous archer elf. I was about to romance Dorian .___. If I am honest I could just talk ages about the game haha. The graphics, fffff... <3
I tried playing trough Origins but no matter what I did, I couldn't get into the game. I have no clue why. I watched a playtrough and I found it really nice, but Origins is still the only game that doesn't really make me wanna play it.
As for Dragon age 2... I hope I'll get it someday and properly play it myself (so far I've only done extensive reading, watching let's plays on youtube and such).. I have feelings for Fenris (Wow, so surprising! XD) and mixed feelings about Anders. I don't really like him. But somehow I cannot say I hate him either for a lot of reasons. It's complicated...? :|
BkLX97a.pngOctopus is welcomeYya65zH.png
@Orionis
Oh, goodness me too. I absolutely love Inquisition and could talk about it for hours or maybe even write a novel about how much I love it. I love those big, open world maps and, like you said, those pretty graphics. Also gotta mention the lovely characters in it too. I think eventually I'll romance Dorian since he seems very sweet, but I've only romanced Josephine so far. I absolutely loved her personal quests.
I actually have a funny story about the graphics on Dragon Age Inquisition. I showed my mom a picture of the nug from Inquisition since I love that little creature too, and it apparently looked so realistic that my mother thought the nug was a real animal.
I'm currently playing through Origins right now, and I like it so far. I am having a lot of trouble trying to initiate a romance with Leliana though, which was the first person I was hoping to court in that game. It won't give me the first dialogue option for a female Warden to initiate the romance with her for some odd reason? Other than that, I really like the game and like getting to known more about Morrigan. The story seems to be very nice too, though I still haven't gotten very far.
I don't know much about Dragon Age Two, but I'm hoping to get it on my desktop computer this summer. I would really like to get to learn more about Isabela though, so I'm looking forward to that. Fenris seems really cool and looks to be a favorite among a lot of people, heheh. I've heard the name Anders, but I don't believe I know who that exactly is...
@Orionis
Oh, goodness me too. I absolutely love Inquisition and could talk about it for hours or maybe even write a novel about how much I love it. I love those big, open world maps and, like you said, those pretty graphics. Also gotta mention the lovely characters in it too. I think eventually I'll romance Dorian since he seems very sweet, but I've only romanced Josephine so far. I absolutely loved her personal quests.
I actually have a funny story about the graphics on Dragon Age Inquisition. I showed my mom a picture of the nug from Inquisition since I love that little creature too, and it apparently looked so realistic that my mother thought the nug was a real animal.
I'm currently playing through Origins right now, and I like it so far. I am having a lot of trouble trying to initiate a romance with Leliana though, which was the first person I was hoping to court in that game. It won't give me the first dialogue option for a female Warden to initiate the romance with her for some odd reason? Other than that, I really like the game and like getting to known more about Morrigan. The story seems to be very nice too, though I still haven't gotten very far.
I don't know much about Dragon Age Two, but I'm hoping to get it on my desktop computer this summer. I would really like to get to learn more about Isabela though, so I'm looking forward to that. Fenris seems really cool and looks to be a favorite among a lot of people, heheh. I've heard the name Anders, but I don't believe I know who that exactly is...
pF2R4fXm.pngtumblr_static_16xs8up0p8iockogwk0k0k8oc.png qesQFkT.gif
@piperwright
What, really? I would of expected it to be really hard, but then again I've only played on causal myself.
@piperwright
What, really? I would of expected it to be really hard, but then again I've only played on causal myself.
@Vampurr

i've had a lot of practice playing on casual/normal, so i just jumped in and gave it a try. honestly the tutorial fight with the pride demon was the most difficult part because you're just starting out. but once i got to skyhold, it was smooth sailing from there.
@Vampurr

i've had a lot of practice playing on casual/normal, so i just jumped in and gave it a try. honestly the tutorial fight with the pride demon was the most difficult part because you're just starting out. but once i got to skyhold, it was smooth sailing from there.
you really think someone would do that?
just go on the internet and tell lies?
gently deposits my Inquisitor and Warden here (I always play human rogues shhh)

In all honesty though I love DA, I've got fandragons and everything
gently deposits my Inquisitor and Warden here (I always play human rogues shhh)

In all honesty though I love DA, I've got fandragons and everything
@Vampurr The graphics and the music are incredibly gorgeous in this game. I just remember my amazement when I first started... that snowy area and I was just so excited to start hahaha. Writing about it and remembering it makes me miss my elf .__. I had a hard time deciding between Dorian and Iron Bull actually. No real reason why I went for Dorian... I like both the same, so... But I have seen the videos on Youtube about the other romances. Josephine is adorable haha. I find Cullen seriously adorable and I loved flirting wit him even though I couldn't romance him (which is sad a bit. I wouldn't mind romancing Cullen with a male character).
Omg, nugs! They're so different when they're little and then they grow and one wouldn't even say they're the same species haha.
I'm afraid I can't give you much insight or help when it comes to Origins :/ I'm sorry to read ta you're having troubles with that, though. I haven't found a reason yet why don't I find Origins interesting enough to play. I can read about it and watch videos and I do like it, but dunno, couldn't get into the gameplay?
DA2 is supposedly the least liked (from what I've read around) but there's still a fair amount of people that like it especially because of the characters. Fenris is definitely a very popular one. As for Anders... eeeh, he's a complicated character? I guess I can't talk much since I don't wanna spoil in case you'll play it anytime soon haha. I know Anders was present in the Origins' expansion pack, too. However, he's different than how he is in DA2 :/
@Vampurr The graphics and the music are incredibly gorgeous in this game. I just remember my amazement when I first started... that snowy area and I was just so excited to start hahaha. Writing about it and remembering it makes me miss my elf .__. I had a hard time deciding between Dorian and Iron Bull actually. No real reason why I went for Dorian... I like both the same, so... But I have seen the videos on Youtube about the other romances. Josephine is adorable haha. I find Cullen seriously adorable and I loved flirting wit him even though I couldn't romance him (which is sad a bit. I wouldn't mind romancing Cullen with a male character).
Omg, nugs! They're so different when they're little and then they grow and one wouldn't even say they're the same species haha.
I'm afraid I can't give you much insight or help when it comes to Origins :/ I'm sorry to read ta you're having troubles with that, though. I haven't found a reason yet why don't I find Origins interesting enough to play. I can read about it and watch videos and I do like it, but dunno, couldn't get into the gameplay?
DA2 is supposedly the least liked (from what I've read around) but there's still a fair amount of people that like it especially because of the characters. Fenris is definitely a very popular one. As for Anders... eeeh, he's a complicated character? I guess I can't talk much since I don't wanna spoil in case you'll play it anytime soon haha. I know Anders was present in the Origins' expansion pack, too. However, he's different than how he is in DA2 :/
@piperwright
Oh goodness this is so late but wow that is really interesting! I honestly would of never expected that! Almost makes me wanna try to do it myself... Maybe when my summer break rolls around...
@piperwright
Oh goodness this is so late but wow that is really interesting! I honestly would of never expected that! Almost makes me wanna try to do it myself... Maybe when my summer break rolls around...
@Orionis
Definitely! I absolutely loved the graphics in the game too. It looked so real, and I simply liked just looking them. It's probably some of the best graphics I've seen in the games I've played so far.
I wasn't sure who I was going to romance in my first playthrough, but once I heard that Josephine could be courted by a female Inquisitior, I decided to romance her. Like I've said over probably one hundred times now, I absolutely loved courting her. I've heard that Cullen's romance is quite cute, though I'm not sure if I'll end up doing it. I think the next one I'll try to do is Dorian with yet another elf mage, only this time a male. I'd like to do Sera's as well as Cassandra, but it'll probably be a while before I get to do either of theirs. Plus there's always a good chance I just decide to court Josephine yet again just because I love her character so much heh.
I absolutely love nugs! They're such adorable creatures. I still can't get over what Leliana names her nug in Origins; it makes the nug even cuter! Though I didn't know that they looked different when they are younger.
I'm just gonna try to do it again, and if not then I'll wait later on in the game for the second chance. Hopefully it will work this time, or I'll just romance Alistair then. I'm pratically use to something glitching whenever I try to court someone in the game. I always have a problem getting Josephine's third quest after completing the second one. It's just suppose to give it to you after you leave Skyhold once and then come back, but mine doesn't most of the time. I eventually get it though after repeating the save where I compled the second quest over and over again until it works, so it's all good.
The gameplay of origins is a little weird, but I ended up getting use to it. I think it's more simple than the other games in a good way, but it's still confusing. Other than that, I believe that I prefer the way Inquisition handles everything else, especially with keeping up with quests. Maybe you could try playing it again now? It wouldn't really hurt to try again, I don't think.
I've heard that as well, but I still think I'm gonna try to get it on my PC until they hopefully make it backwards compatible for Xbox One. I'd much rather play it on my Xbox... Even if it is the least liked game out of the series, I still wanna play it just to understand the plot more and learn more about the characters. Especially Isabela since you don't learn very much about her in Origins.
((Sorry this reply is a little late; I haven't had a lot of free time as of late... Hope we can continue this conversation about DA though!))
@Orionis
Definitely! I absolutely loved the graphics in the game too. It looked so real, and I simply liked just looking them. It's probably some of the best graphics I've seen in the games I've played so far.
I wasn't sure who I was going to romance in my first playthrough, but once I heard that Josephine could be courted by a female Inquisitior, I decided to romance her. Like I've said over probably one hundred times now, I absolutely loved courting her. I've heard that Cullen's romance is quite cute, though I'm not sure if I'll end up doing it. I think the next one I'll try to do is Dorian with yet another elf mage, only this time a male. I'd like to do Sera's as well as Cassandra, but it'll probably be a while before I get to do either of theirs. Plus there's always a good chance I just decide to court Josephine yet again just because I love her character so much heh.
I absolutely love nugs! They're such adorable creatures. I still can't get over what Leliana names her nug in Origins; it makes the nug even cuter! Though I didn't know that they looked different when they are younger.
I'm just gonna try to do it again, and if not then I'll wait later on in the game for the second chance. Hopefully it will work this time, or I'll just romance Alistair then. I'm pratically use to something glitching whenever I try to court someone in the game. I always have a problem getting Josephine's third quest after completing the second one. It's just suppose to give it to you after you leave Skyhold once and then come back, but mine doesn't most of the time. I eventually get it though after repeating the save where I compled the second quest over and over again until it works, so it's all good.
The gameplay of origins is a little weird, but I ended up getting use to it. I think it's more simple than the other games in a good way, but it's still confusing. Other than that, I believe that I prefer the way Inquisition handles everything else, especially with keeping up with quests. Maybe you could try playing it again now? It wouldn't really hurt to try again, I don't think.
I've heard that as well, but I still think I'm gonna try to get it on my PC until they hopefully make it backwards compatible for Xbox One. I'd much rather play it on my Xbox... Even if it is the least liked game out of the series, I still wanna play it just to understand the plot more and learn more about the characters. Especially Isabela since you don't learn very much about her in Origins.
((Sorry this reply is a little late; I haven't had a lot of free time as of late... Hope we can continue this conversation about DA though!))
@Saern
Ah! I love your Warden and Inquisitor. They're both look very pretty!
Now I'm gonna have to go look at your lair real quick to see those fan dragons. I bet they're absolutely lovely!
((I love your signature too by the way!))
@Saern
Ah! I love your Warden and Inquisitor. They're both look very pretty!
Now I'm gonna have to go look at your lair real quick to see those fan dragons. I bet they're absolutely lovely!
((I love your signature too by the way!))
@Vampurr I don't think there's alot of people that would disagree with how nice the graphics are haha.
Trust me though (i also might be repeating myself, not sure) I know how it is when you just go for the same character again. While I know this is a conversation about DA, an example of romancing the same person for two playtroughs straght is me with Mass Effect 1. The first time I had the chance to play the game (and then pc died shortly before I was done) I romanced Kaidan. And then, quite a long while later, when I bought the entire trilogy I thought hey, I'll go with Garrus this time... because. Well, Garrus<3 but NOPE, somehow Kaidan took the spot. Again. I don't even know how because I really love them both so much. So, yeah, I know how it is when you just end up being pulled towards the same love interest haha. The bugs you're talking about are definitely frustrating... I haven't had any similar bugs so far when I played my game but it's good that you found a way to bypass the one with Josephine :/
I wouldn't know about trying it again, if I am honest. I'm not drawn to play it, really... so it wouldn't be worth buying it. I am also the type to really prefer physical copies of games instead just, say, Steam. I'd probably have to get it online anyway, but I don't think I'd use my money on this since it's not something I'd be into^^'' I'm much more into trying DA2, despite its flaws.
Don't worry about the late reply! :] and I certainly don't mind talking about DA more^^
@Vampurr I don't think there's alot of people that would disagree with how nice the graphics are haha.
Trust me though (i also might be repeating myself, not sure) I know how it is when you just go for the same character again. While I know this is a conversation about DA, an example of romancing the same person for two playtroughs straght is me with Mass Effect 1. The first time I had the chance to play the game (and then pc died shortly before I was done) I romanced Kaidan. And then, quite a long while later, when I bought the entire trilogy I thought hey, I'll go with Garrus this time... because. Well, Garrus<3 but NOPE, somehow Kaidan took the spot. Again. I don't even know how because I really love them both so much. So, yeah, I know how it is when you just end up being pulled towards the same love interest haha. The bugs you're talking about are definitely frustrating... I haven't had any similar bugs so far when I played my game but it's good that you found a way to bypass the one with Josephine :/
I wouldn't know about trying it again, if I am honest. I'm not drawn to play it, really... so it wouldn't be worth buying it. I am also the type to really prefer physical copies of games instead just, say, Steam. I'd probably have to get it online anyway, but I don't think I'd use my money on this since it's not something I'd be into^^'' I'm much more into trying DA2, despite its flaws.
Don't worry about the late reply! :] and I certainly don't mind talking about DA more^^
1 2 3 4 5 6