Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Grinding/Exalting Guide
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 120 121
I have to say this guide works well so far! I set up a team of a mirror and two guardians and I have equipped them with some elemental might fragments for now (I dunno if it makes a difference, seeing that you say that augments don't work yet).

I've already made around 100-200 food for my foodstores (including the herbs I got from leaf packs), a few stones, some apparel and one or two familiars. The Woodland Path is perfect for farming food since there are drops of every food type (moths/moth parts, snakes/herdbeast hoof/birds, urchins and clovers/ivy/grass).

At this point I can almost always onehit-KO the mobs in the training fields at level 7, which makes this guide very interesting that even at low levels you can aquire good treasure and even rare items (god dolls, eggs of all types, remove gene scrolls and rename scrolls).

Just thought I should share this! The guide's been really helping me out so I'd love to stress how this is a very good way at making treasure!
I have to say this guide works well so far! I set up a team of a mirror and two guardians and I have equipped them with some elemental might fragments for now (I dunno if it makes a difference, seeing that you say that augments don't work yet).

I've already made around 100-200 food for my foodstores (including the herbs I got from leaf packs), a few stones, some apparel and one or two familiars. The Woodland Path is perfect for farming food since there are drops of every food type (moths/moth parts, snakes/herdbeast hoof/birds, urchins and clovers/ivy/grass).

At this point I can almost always onehit-KO the mobs in the training fields at level 7, which makes this guide very interesting that even at low levels you can aquire good treasure and even rare items (god dolls, eggs of all types, remove gene scrolls and rename scrolls).

Just thought I should share this! The guide's been really helping me out so I'd love to stress how this is a very good way at making treasure!
OY2CZgk.png
@Kiena

I just want to say thank you so much for making this. I have had a really hard time trying to get some advice in the coliseum that is plain and simple. This guide seems really good. I am going to start right now and see how it goes and will come back and give my thoughts for others to see. It was very nice of you to help people like me. I really do appreciate it and sure hope it helps me in there.lol
@Kiena

I just want to say thank you so much for making this. I have had a really hard time trying to get some advice in the coliseum that is plain and simple. This guide seems really good. I am going to start right now and see how it goes and will come back and give my thoughts for others to see. It was very nice of you to help people like me. I really do appreciate it and sure hope it helps me in there.lol
zjjpmw.jpg
@Kiena - I asked my friend that I gifted, the Ridge had Scratch/Shred ;)
@Kiena - I asked my friend that I gifted, the Ridge had Scratch/Shred ;)
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Kaliapi I'm so glad it's helping you start! Let me know if you run into any snags. :)

@Pepperdragon - I'm thrilled it's working so well for you! And yeah, augment stones don't work at all right now - the numbers on the stats screen change, but that's it. Still, you're well prepared for when they fix it! And isn't it nice to never have to worry about food?

@Sylvandyr - Thanks so much! I am so happy I can add that info back in, I didn't like leaving breed choice out. And please thank your friend for me, too!
@Kaliapi I'm so glad it's helping you start! Let me know if you run into any snags. :)

@Pepperdragon - I'm thrilled it's working so well for you! And yeah, augment stones don't work at all right now - the numbers on the stats screen change, but that's it. Still, you're well prepared for when they fix it! And isn't it nice to never have to worry about food?

@Sylvandyr - Thanks so much! I am so happy I can add that info back in, I didn't like leaving breed choice out. And please thank your friend for me, too!
@Kiena
Sure is, I don't have to gather in the food places anymore if I continue griding coliseum for an hour per day. It's really a good source of materials and food :3
@Kiena
Sure is, I don't have to gather in the food places anymore if I continue griding coliseum for an hour per day. It's really a good source of materials and food :3
OY2CZgk.png
After doing some testing with some higher level dragons (16-18), I've started to notice that the lack of defense and agility starts getting noticeable when farming areas higher than 11-12 (Forgotten Cavern, was it called?). The monsters can dodge much better and hit hard enough they blast through over 900hp in pretty short order. It's probably much less of a problem if you've got three dragons instead of two like I do, but it's detrimental enough I padded out their agility and defense a bit.

(It wouldn't be nearly so much of a problem if the turn order made more sense, but what can you do...)
After doing some testing with some higher level dragons (16-18), I've started to notice that the lack of defense and agility starts getting noticeable when farming areas higher than 11-12 (Forgotten Cavern, was it called?). The monsters can dodge much better and hit hard enough they blast through over 900hp in pretty short order. It's probably much less of a problem if you've got three dragons instead of two like I do, but it's detrimental enough I padded out their agility and defense a bit.

(It wouldn't be nearly so much of a problem if the turn order made more sense, but what can you do...)
tumblr_inline_n7br3pi5vV1qi3qwo.png
10 hours ahead of FR time -- may be slow to respond to messages
@M3rcury - Sorry to hear you're having difficulties! It does get kinda tough, that's why I prefer running with a healer, even if it messes up my nice teams. And if you're trying with only two, yeah, that seems pretty darn hard with the stats I suggest! What ratio of stats are you using? I could add a suggestion about adding some defense at higher levels under the leveling tips.
@M3rcury - Sorry to hear you're having difficulties! It does get kinda tough, that's why I prefer running with a healer, even if it messes up my nice teams. And if you're trying with only two, yeah, that seems pretty darn hard with the stats I suggest! What ratio of stats are you using? I could add a suggestion about adding some defense at higher levels under the leveling tips.
It would definitely be more sensible to have three, but the closest thing I have to a healer is lv 10., needs a stat redistribution -- and I'm impatient... I'm sure you can see the problem there. XD

Both dragons are lv. 18 with stats of:
Str 73
Agl 15
Def 20
Qck 40
Int 5
Vit 23
Mnd 5

I followed your guide up to Lv. 16 (I had to use a tincture on them since they were already at 14ish when I saw your guide), noticed I was getting hammered really badly, and distributed some points to agility and defense during the next two levels. It certainly does seem to have taken some of the edge off and they don't miss quite so often, but I haven't been keeping hard stats so take that with a grain of salt.
It would definitely be more sensible to have three, but the closest thing I have to a healer is lv 10., needs a stat redistribution -- and I'm impatient... I'm sure you can see the problem there. XD

Both dragons are lv. 18 with stats of:
Str 73
Agl 15
Def 20
Qck 40
Int 5
Vit 23
Mnd 5

I followed your guide up to Lv. 16 (I had to use a tincture on them since they were already at 14ish when I saw your guide), noticed I was getting hammered really badly, and distributed some points to agility and defense during the next two levels. It certainly does seem to have taken some of the edge off and they don't miss quite so often, but I haven't been keeping hard stats so take that with a grain of salt.
tumblr_inline_n7br3pi5vV1qi3qwo.png
10 hours ahead of FR time -- may be slow to respond to messages
I wanted to thank you for the quide as well, I'm using two spirals and a pearlcatcher for my grinding team and so far it seems to be working out well.
I wanted to thank you for the quide as well, I'm using two spirals and a pearlcatcher for my grinding team and so far it seems to be working out well.
@Shaetani So glad to hear! Let me know if you have any problems. :)
@Shaetani So glad to hear! Let me know if you have any problems. :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 120 121