Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Lair Keeper & Pair Workshop - OLD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@ivycrowned ,
oh also! I tried previewing some hatchlings and i picked Light at the Lair page thing, and the babies still came out with black soul eating eyes, not sure what i did wrong there :'( ... maybe my gaoler is breaking your code tho |'D
@ivycrowned ,
oh also! I tried previewing some hatchlings and i picked Light at the Lair page thing, and the babies still came out with black soul eating eyes, not sure what i did wrong there :'( ... maybe my gaoler is breaking your code tho |'D
@thunderfang
can you shoot me a PM with a link to your sheet and which pair or pairs in the workshop are throwing that blank eyes error?

edit: jk i found it! there was a bug in the data generation for pair five. it has now been squished. i think i hadn't noticed it since i'm shadow flight, so the difference between purple and black eyes wasn't as glaring as it would be for light flight.
@thunderfang
can you shoot me a PM with a link to your sheet and which pair or pairs in the workshop are throwing that blank eyes error?

edit: jk i found it! there was a bug in the data generation for pair five. it has now been squished. i think i hadn't noticed it since i'm shadow flight, so the difference between purple and black eyes wasn't as glaring as it would be for light flight.
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
Nocturnes, Pearlcatchers, occasionally Skydancers
ivycrowned's Lair Keeper and Pair Workshop: forum post / spreadsheet
HW4lpxl.png
version 1.3.1
  • fixed an error in the PAIR WORKSHOP that caused babies in pair five to have black eyes
  • fixed an error in LAIR DATA and DEPARTED that mislabelled XYX color patterns as XXY.
you can get a new sheet to get these updates if you like, but no pressure!

i also updated the gene database with rarity and prices for both Blossom (Gaoler) and Opal (Gaoler). all sheets will automatically get this update!

@poistel @atrolock @thunderfang
version 1.3.1
  • fixed an error in the PAIR WORKSHOP that caused babies in pair five to have black eyes
  • fixed an error in LAIR DATA and DEPARTED that mislabelled XYX color patterns as XXY.
you can get a new sheet to get these updates if you like, but no pressure!

i also updated the gene database with rarity and prices for both Blossom (Gaoler) and Opal (Gaoler). all sheets will automatically get this update!

@poistel @atrolock @thunderfang
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
@ivycrowned
Btw:
Since the coding for the eyes is old here on FR it gets replaced bit by bit. For example all my Coatl pairs always have blank eyes, that's not unusual and can't be changed :>
@ivycrowned
Btw:
Since the coding for the eyes is old here on FR it gets replaced bit by bit. For example all my Coatl pairs always have blank eyes, that's not unusual and can't be changed :>
Noctua_Link_Item.png BS31-1.pngBS32-1.pngBS33-1.png
BS31-2.pngBS32-2.pngBS33-2.png
BS31-3.pngBS32-3.pngBS33-3.png
BS31-4.pngBS32-4.pngBS33-4.png
MMIcon.png
Hey there, @ivycrowned

Are we able to delete rows as we sell the dragons on the Departed sheet? I'm asking because I tend to recycle what I use in place of names. I wanted to ask before trying in case I break it.
Hey there, @ivycrowned

Are we able to delete rows as we sell the dragons on the Departed sheet? I'm asking because I tend to recycle what I use in place of names. I wanted to ask before trying in case I break it.
8207ab1fe071b5944512ff194142b80c.pngHatchery / Subspecies / 1UhVF.gif DC
@endofighter
in order to not eventually run out of rows, what i would do is clear the cells, rather than deleting the rows. just make sure you're only clearing light grey cells. dark grey cells will clear themselves.
if you wanted to keep the data, but reuse the names for different dragons, you could just add a number to the end of the name in the DEPARTED tab (name1, name2, etc)

because of the way the functions to look up data work, some things won't be found properly if there are identical names.

(i often have multiple unnamed hatchlings, so i input them as UM1 or UF2 or whatever so that the sheet and i can both differentiate them)
@endofighter
in order to not eventually run out of rows, what i would do is clear the cells, rather than deleting the rows. just make sure you're only clearing light grey cells. dark grey cells will clear themselves.
if you wanted to keep the data, but reuse the names for different dragons, you could just add a number to the end of the name in the DEPARTED tab (name1, name2, etc)

because of the way the functions to look up data work, some things won't be found properly if there are identical names.

(i often have multiple unnamed hatchlings, so i input them as UM1 or UF2 or whatever so that the sheet and i can both differentiate them)
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
i dont know how to copy the files. i have a mac ^^" How would i do this?
i dont know how to copy the files. i have a mac ^^" How would i do this?
7NebxtL.jpg
@SweetToothArt, if you're signed into Google, go to the sheet. Go to File (within Google Sheets, not the browser!), then "Make a copy." Rename it to your liking, select the Google Drive folder you want it in, and click "OK." The copy on your Google Drive should now be open in another tab. Hope that helps!
@SweetToothArt, if you're signed into Google, go to the sheet. Go to File (within Google Sheets, not the browser!), then "Make a copy." Rename it to your liking, select the Google Drive folder you want it in, and click "OK." The copy on your Google Drive should now be open in another tab. Hope that helps!
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
copy and pasted it but the values arent showing up [img]https://i.imgur.com/glJVffO.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/gStUPTH.png[/img]
copy and pasted it but the values arent showing up glJVffO.png gStUPTH.png
7NebxtL.jpg
@sweettoothart

glad you were able to get a copy of the spreadsheet!
what you want to do to move the import down into the main section is called "paste-special". i don't have a mac so bear with me and i'll try to give you as much detail as i can.

to paste-special, you can either RIGHT CLICK, then click 'PASTE SPECIAL', then click 'PASTE VALUES ONLY'
or
you can use a keyboard shortcut. on pc it's CONTROL+SHIFT+V
i imagine on mac it might be CMD+SHIFT+V

if you paste regularly, you're pasting in the formulas that generate the dragon data, rather than the data itself.

let me know if that helps!

(and thanks @nuttysaladtree !!)
@sweettoothart

glad you were able to get a copy of the spreadsheet!
what you want to do to move the import down into the main section is called "paste-special". i don't have a mac so bear with me and i'll try to give you as much detail as i can.

to paste-special, you can either RIGHT CLICK, then click 'PASTE SPECIAL', then click 'PASTE VALUES ONLY'
or
you can use a keyboard shortcut. on pc it's CONTROL+SHIFT+V
i imagine on mac it might be CMD+SHIFT+V

if you paste regularly, you're pasting in the formulas that generate the dragon data, rather than the data itself.

let me know if that helps!

(and thanks @nuttysaladtree !!)
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15