Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Lair Keeper & Pair Workshop - OLD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Lair Keeper and Pair Workshop
version 1.6.4

This tool is no longer being maintained. See here for further details.

Hey y'all!
A week year or so ago (in June 2019), I posted in the thread for D's Breeding Card Generator with an update to the import tool following the release of the Gaolers. Shortly after, the thread was deleted, and I think everyone I spoke to was as surprised as I was to discover that the import tool broke FR's terms of service.

I set out to remove the import tool and recode my copy, and I ended up here, with a completely revamped spreadsheet!

Here's what it can do:
  • SCRY-BASED IMPORT: All import functions are based off scry urls, with only a few pieces of information that need to be input manually!
  • LAIR DATA tab: Holds active dragons and calculated RTB status and date
  • DEPARTED tab: Houses inactive dragons (fodder, sale, etc.) and includes a profit calculator
  • PAIR WORKSHOP tab: Generates color ranges, breed/gene chances, and four potential babies. Also checks breed compatibility, assays bloodlines, and calculates RTB date. Five pairings can be compared at once
  • PAIRKEEPER tab: Holds pretty much as many pairs as you'd like, with RTB calculation and notes
  • PAIR CARDS tab: Uses any of the pairs in the Pairkeeper to generate forum-ready BBCode for eight breeding card layouts
  • AH CARDS tab: Generates BBCode for an auction card for any dragon in the Lair Data or Departed tabs
  • PROJECTS tab: Houses up to ten twenty project dragons and calculates the cost of all intended modifications
  • STATS: Keeps count of breeds, flights, colors, genes, etc. of all of your dragons. Can be filtered to show statistics from Lair Data, Departed, or both

Known Issues:
  • Black eyes instead of flight-appropriate eyes are a known issue on newer breeds including Gaolers and Banescales.
  • Eyes on hatchling scries will always show as Common, but the scrying workshop link will randomly generate an eye type.

LINKS:
    1. User Copy
    2. Most Recent Update Notes
    3. Pinglist & Additional Services

I have to give a huge shoutout and thanks to Pinguin for troubleshooting and giving me invaluable tips and help.
    Thanks also goes to the whole Flight Rising community for the incredible amount of work everyone has put in that made all of this possible. I have been immeasurably inspired by all of you, and I'm just excited to share my little piece of coding with y'all.
    I think it would probably be obnoxious if I pinged everyone whose sheets and tools I've studied, but rest assured I've been trawling the forums and loved looking through everything I've found. I've left D's acknowledgements in the end of the spreadsheet and added my own.
    I also want to specifically thank Gathouria for the endless spreadsheet camaraderie and troubleshooting and SpringsSong for enthusiasm and feedback.

If you have suggestions, find bugs, or have any questions, please reply here or PM me!
Lair Keeper and Pair Workshop
version 1.6.4

This tool is no longer being maintained. See here for further details.

Hey y'all!
A week year or so ago (in June 2019), I posted in the thread for D's Breeding Card Generator with an update to the import tool following the release of the Gaolers. Shortly after, the thread was deleted, and I think everyone I spoke to was as surprised as I was to discover that the import tool broke FR's terms of service.

I set out to remove the import tool and recode my copy, and I ended up here, with a completely revamped spreadsheet!

Here's what it can do:
  • SCRY-BASED IMPORT: All import functions are based off scry urls, with only a few pieces of information that need to be input manually!
  • LAIR DATA tab: Holds active dragons and calculated RTB status and date
  • DEPARTED tab: Houses inactive dragons (fodder, sale, etc.) and includes a profit calculator
  • PAIR WORKSHOP tab: Generates color ranges, breed/gene chances, and four potential babies. Also checks breed compatibility, assays bloodlines, and calculates RTB date. Five pairings can be compared at once
  • PAIRKEEPER tab: Holds pretty much as many pairs as you'd like, with RTB calculation and notes
  • PAIR CARDS tab: Uses any of the pairs in the Pairkeeper to generate forum-ready BBCode for eight breeding card layouts
  • AH CARDS tab: Generates BBCode for an auction card for any dragon in the Lair Data or Departed tabs
  • PROJECTS tab: Houses up to ten twenty project dragons and calculates the cost of all intended modifications
  • STATS: Keeps count of breeds, flights, colors, genes, etc. of all of your dragons. Can be filtered to show statistics from Lair Data, Departed, or both

Known Issues:
  • Black eyes instead of flight-appropriate eyes are a known issue on newer breeds including Gaolers and Banescales.
  • Eyes on hatchling scries will always show as Common, but the scrying workshop link will randomly generate an eye type.

LINKS:
    1. User Copy
    2. Most Recent Update Notes
    3. Pinglist & Additional Services

I have to give a huge shoutout and thanks to Pinguin for troubleshooting and giving me invaluable tips and help.
    Thanks also goes to the whole Flight Rising community for the incredible amount of work everyone has put in that made all of this possible. I have been immeasurably inspired by all of you, and I'm just excited to share my little piece of coding with y'all.
    I think it would probably be obnoxious if I pinged everyone whose sheets and tools I've studied, but rest assured I've been trawling the forums and loved looking through everything I've found. I've left D's acknowledgements in the end of the spreadsheet and added my own.
    I also want to specifically thank Gathouria for the endless spreadsheet camaraderie and troubleshooting and SpringsSong for enthusiasm and feedback.

If you have suggestions, find bugs, or have any questions, please reply here or PM me!
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
Nocturnes, Pearlcatchers, occasionally Skydancers
ivycrowned's Lair Keeper and Pair Workshop: forum post / spreadsheet
HW4lpxl.png
PINGLIST:
Click here to join/leave the pinglist
To join the pinglist for this sheet, click the link and fill out the form with your username (no @)
If you would like to leave the pinglist, click the link. Fill in your username, then put "Please remove me" in the comments box.

CUSTOM UPDATES:
15kT or 15G
Provide me with edit access to your copy of the spreadsheet, and I will manually update it for you with the available elements that you choose.
You are welcome to remove my edit access once I am finished.
DM me if you are interested in a custom update or modification.

MANUAL TRANSFER:
5kT or 5G
Download a new copy and provide me with edit access to both copies of the spreadsheet, and I will do the work of transferring your data.
PINGLIST:
Click here to join/leave the pinglist
To join the pinglist for this sheet, click the link and fill out the form with your username (no @)
If you would like to leave the pinglist, click the link. Fill in your username, then put "Please remove me" in the comments box.

CUSTOM UPDATES:
15kT or 15G
Provide me with edit access to your copy of the spreadsheet, and I will manually update it for you with the available elements that you choose.

MANUAL TRANSFER:
5kT or 5G
Download a new copy and provide me with edit access to both copies of the spreadsheet, and I will do the work of transferring your data.
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
LINKS:
This is a link to the user copy!
You will need to save a copy of your own to use this sheet.
(Open the link. Within Google Sheets, click 'File' then 'Make a Copy'.
Follow the prompts and you'll have your own editable copy!)

I have removed the link to my personal copy of the sheet, as it is....... heavily modified and experimental, to say the least. If you'd like to see the sheet in action before trying it, you can PM me anytime.

How to Update
When new breeds, genes, and eye types are released, I update my database, and your sheet will be automatically updated to match.
For updates to the actual coding of the Lair Keeper, I cannot push these updates out automatically. The choice to update or use an outdated version is always up to you, the user.

Here's how you can update to the latest version:
Download a new copy of the sheet, and copy-paste your dragon data in the following tabs:
LAIR DATA - DEPARTED - PAIRKEEPER - PROJECTS
Make sure to always paste-special so that formatting and formulas aren't impacted.
On a PC, paste-special uses the keyboard shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + V.
On a Mac, the shortcut is CMD + SHIFT + V.
LINKS:
This is a link to the user copy!
You will need to save a copy of your own to use this sheet.
(Open the link. Within Google Sheets, click 'File' then 'Make a Copy'.
Follow the prompts and you'll have your own editable copy!)

I have removed the link to my personal copy of the sheet, as it is....... heavily modified and experimental, to say the least. If you'd like to see the sheet in action before trying it, you can PM me anytime.

How to Update
When new breeds, genes, and eye types are released, I update my database, and your sheet will be automatically updated to match.
For updates to the actual coding of the Lair Keeper, I cannot push these updates out automatically. The choice to update or use an outdated version is always up to you, the user.

Here's how you can update to the latest version:
Download a new copy of the sheet, and copy-paste your dragon data in the following tabs:
LAIR DATA - DEPARTED - PAIRKEEPER - PROJECTS
Make sure to always paste-special so that formatting and formulas aren't impacted.
On a PC, paste-special uses the keyboard shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + V.
On a Mac, the shortcut is CMD + SHIFT + V.
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
@ivycrowned first of all, thanks for this, and might i be added to the pinglist, if you plan to make one for future updates?
also i think i might have found a bug? whenever i enter a dragon with maize secondary into the workshop, the color prediction only says [FALSE] for secondary. it doesn't happen with the primary or tertiary color though.

EDIT: seems like getting the [FALSE] depends on both dragons. right now, the maize secondary and a berry secondary don't have that output, but an umbra secondary, and a forest secondary, and a gold secondary had it with the same berry secondary.
@ivycrowned first of all, thanks for this, and might i be added to the pinglist, if you plan to make one for future updates?
also i think i might have found a bug? whenever i enter a dragon with maize secondary into the workshop, the color prediction only says [FALSE] for secondary. it doesn't happen with the primary or tertiary color though.

EDIT: seems like getting the [FALSE] depends on both dragons. right now, the maize secondary and a berry secondary don't have that output, but an umbra secondary, and a forest secondary, and a gold secondary had it with the same berry secondary.
@poistel
Of course!

I'll look into that this morning.
Are you selecting those colors in the light grey boxes in the middle of the pair? Also, is it a specific pair that's giving you the error, or is it all five?
@poistel
Of course!

I'll look into that this morning.
Are you selecting those colors in the light grey boxes in the middle of the pair? Also, is it a specific pair that's giving you the error, or is it all five?
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
@ivycrowned thanks ~

do you mean the preference dropdowns? i leave those on any..
@ivycrowned thanks ~

do you mean the preference dropdowns? i leave those on any..
@poistel got it! You can either make a new copy of the sheet or you can do your own little fix to solve the problem. Click in cell F28, the top cell under Secondary Color in pair one. The formula in the cell should look like this: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/49c5293bde572adae5a7229f7efc9f13/tumblr_pteg8dNvLs1qat7a8o1_500.png[/img] The 3 in that circled reference should be an 8. All the other pairs look correct, so it's just that one typo.
@poistel got it!

You can either make a new copy of the sheet or you can do your own little fix to solve the problem.

Click in cell F28, the top cell under Secondary Color in pair one.
The formula in the cell should look like this:

tumblr_pteg8dNvLs1qat7a8o1_500.png

The 3 in that circled reference should be an 8. All the other pairs look correct, so it's just that one typo.
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
@ivycrowned alright, it works properly now, thanks [emoji=coatl happy size=2]
@ivycrowned alright, it works properly now, thanks
@poistel sorry to have to ping you so soon -- i found some bugs in the pair workshop and stats tabs (this is what i get for trying to finalize coding past my bedtime!!). they've been squished, but they're a bit extensive for a quick fix, so i'd suggest grabbing a new copy of the sheet.

you can copy and paste your current dragon data directly from one copy to the next instead of having to re-import all your dragons
@poistel sorry to have to ping you so soon -- i found some bugs in the pair workshop and stats tabs (this is what i get for trying to finalize coding past my bedtime!!). they've been squished, but they're a bit extensive for a quick fix, so i'd suggest grabbing a new copy of the sheet.

you can copy and paste your current dragon data directly from one copy to the next instead of having to re-import all your dragons
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
@ivycrowned

Thank you for your hard work, that sheet turned out really nice!

I found one problem though. I can't import dragons from the Departed tab into ah cards. They show up in the dropdown but when I select them nothing happens. Dragons from the lair tab work without problem.

Also I have two suggestions. Would it be possible to add the option to add a scry to the ah cards like in D's sheet? And maybe you could write into the instructions for the Lair Data and the Departed tab how to input the date as not everybody knows how you do it in the US. I figured it out by looking into your sheet but maybe it would be a nice and simple addition in the instruction :)
@ivycrowned

Thank you for your hard work, that sheet turned out really nice!

I found one problem though. I can't import dragons from the Departed tab into ah cards. They show up in the dropdown but when I select them nothing happens. Dragons from the lair tab work without problem.

Also I have two suggestions. Would it be possible to add the option to add a scry to the ah cards like in D's sheet? And maybe you could write into the instructions for the Lair Data and the Departed tab how to input the date as not everybody knows how you do it in the US. I figured it out by looking into your sheet but maybe it would be a nice and simple addition in the instruction :)
tumblr_inline_qgeo1bmpZv1s3p7hf_500.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15