Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Lair Keeper & Pair Workshop - OLD
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15
@rosekitten no, thank you!! :)
@rosekitten no, thank you!! :)
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
Nocturnes, Pearlcatchers, occasionally Skydancers
ivycrowned's Lair Keeper and Pair Workshop: forum post / spreadsheet
HW4lpxl.png
@ivycrowned

I do have a question. It said not to touch the dark grey cells but I can't seem to get it to populate the image for the lair data section. (I'm also very much a google doc/spreed sheet noob so.. ) ^^;
@ivycrowned

I do have a question. It said not to touch the dark grey cells but I can't seem to get it to populate the image for the lair data section. (I'm also very much a google doc/spreed sheet noob so.. ) ^^;
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
@ivycrowned
I'm having the black eyes bug on my baby coalts in the pair workshop despite having selected my flight as arcane. I saw someone say something about coatl babies always doing this due to FR coding? Should I just assume this is a 'normal' issue?
@ivycrowned
I'm having the black eyes bug on my baby coalts in the pair workshop despite having selected my flight as arcane. I saw someone say something about coatl babies always doing this due to FR coding? Should I just assume this is a 'normal' issue?
WjJZ2Rn.png
mjtJ868.png
@rosekitten
i'm not getting that issue in the public copy or my copy. can you DM a link to your sheet so i can check it out?
edited to add: also, it's possible that the issue is either a temporary disruption to FR servers or a bit of lag in your spreadsheet or browser. The sheet is very formula-heavy and may slow down your browser or computer a little bit. Most computers should handle it pretty well, but (for example) I tried to work on the update at work briefly the other day, but the (very sad and old) computer had complaints about that.

@kalaiscope
yeah :( i don't know what's going on with that, but the error is in the actual generation of the image, which is a FR issue.
@rosekitten
i'm not getting that issue in the public copy or my copy. can you DM a link to your sheet so i can check it out?
edited to add: also, it's possible that the issue is either a temporary disruption to FR servers or a bit of lag in your spreadsheet or browser. The sheet is very formula-heavy and may slow down your browser or computer a little bit. Most computers should handle it pretty well, but (for example) I tried to work on the update at work briefly the other day, but the (very sad and old) computer had complaints about that.

@kalaiscope
yeah :( i don't know what's going on with that, but the error is in the actual generation of the image, which is a FR issue.
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
@ivycrowned
good to know!! everything else works perfectly, so no complaints here. I was really bummed out when D's sheet went down, so this was a lifesaver, thank you so much!!
@ivycrowned
good to know!! everything else works perfectly, so no complaints here. I was really bummed out when D's sheet went down, so this was a lifesaver, thank you so much!!
WjJZ2Rn.png
mjtJ868.png
@kalaiscope wonderful! i was too, so i'm super glad i could help other people too!
@kalaiscope wonderful! i was too, so i'm super glad i could help other people too!
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
@ivycrowned

I'm having the same issue as rosekitten.

In the lair data tab I'm inputting the info into the cells I'm supposed to but it won't populate the rest of it. I waited 30 minutes and still nothing (my laptop runs sheets pretty fast) so I was wondering if its somethin I've done?
@ivycrowned

I'm having the same issue as rosekitten.

In the lair data tab I'm inputting the info into the cells I'm supposed to but it won't populate the rest of it. I waited 30 minutes and still nothing (my laptop runs sheets pretty fast) so I was wondering if its somethin I've done?
My Carrd! will update as needed
Coliseum Services (OPEN)
ACOZFAh.pnggIjq5Q3.pngLCqISMP.pngB8HmiZX.pngWn6vGC1.png0XHtpWy.pngipXQ8Fw.pngwLurwzJ.pngt7CcZoC.png
@zeir
huh. okay.
so they way it populates the dark grey cells is via two different pathways. what should be happening is this:

you input the dragon's ID in the appropriate light grey cell in the import row (cell B11). this uses the ID to generate a url to the dragon's portrait, which is then rendered in cell B12 (dark grey).

separately, when you input the dragon's scry image url into cell D9, the dark grey cells for the dragon's data (row 11, columns E through O) should each look through the url, pick out the right data, and then convert those numbers into the dragon's breed, gender, flight, etc.

are you having an error with the image, with the data, or both?

edit: i'm temporarily disabling downloading and copying of the user sheet while i look into this.
@zeir
huh. okay.
so they way it populates the dark grey cells is via two different pathways. what should be happening is this:

you input the dragon's ID in the appropriate light grey cell in the import row (cell B11). this uses the ID to generate a url to the dragon's portrait, which is then rendered in cell B12 (dark grey).

separately, when you input the dragon's scry image url into cell D9, the dark grey cells for the dragon's data (row 11, columns E through O) should each look through the url, pick out the right data, and then convert those numbers into the dragon's breed, gender, flight, etc.

are you having an error with the image, with the data, or both?

edit: i'm temporarily disabling downloading and copying of the user sheet while i look into this.
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
@ivycrowned

Both I think?

Like nothing populates into the cells when I do the inputting into the import row
@ivycrowned

Both I think?

Like nothing populates into the cells when I do the inputting into the import row
My Carrd! will update as needed
Coliseum Services (OPEN)
ACOZFAh.pnggIjq5Q3.pngLCqISMP.pngB8HmiZX.pngWn6vGC1.png0XHtpWy.pngipXQ8Fw.pngwLurwzJ.pngt7CcZoC.png
@zeir

yeah, send me a link to your sheet so i can take a look. i'm not getting that error in the user copy's lair data or departed tabs. make sure your share settings allow me to edit it so that i can input data and mess with the formulas if i need to
@zeir

yeah, send me a link to your sheet so i can take a look. i'm not getting that error in the user copy's lair data or departed tabs. make sure your share settings allow me to edit it so that i can input data and mess with the formulas if i need to
Rowan
they/them pronouns. FR+2
HW4lpxl.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15