Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [OUTDATED]Myndris' Gene Planner[2.6]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Kano3Shuuya I apologize for the delayed response - I was at work. Really? A few things might be causing this that I can guess off the top of my head: 1. Are you placing the name in the Scry Input tab? 2. Are you on mobile? - Unfortunately the spreadsheet will not work since the google sheets app does not support images. 3. Is it becoming N/A if you change the name? As an example: [center] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294842220027052032/428658189148487680/unknown.png[/img] [center][b][size=7]=[/b][/center] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294842220027052032/428658280668200961/unknown.png[/img] [b][size=7]After the change:[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294842220027052032/428658322498125827/unknown.png[/img] [b][size=7]=[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294842220027052032/428658369650229248/unknown.png[/img] If #3 is the case, you should be able to just re-select the drop down arrow and choose the updated name. =) However; if none of those are true, let me know and I'll try to figure out why you're having this issue.
@Kano3Shuuya I apologize for the delayed response - I was at work.

Really? A few things might be causing this that I can guess off the top of my head:

1. Are you placing the name in the Scry Input tab?

2. Are you on mobile? - Unfortunately the spreadsheet will not work since the google sheets app does not support images.

3. Is it becoming N/A if you change the name? As an example:
unknown.png
=
unknown.png

After the change:
unknown.png
=
unknown.png

If #3 is the case, you should be able to just re-select the drop down arrow and choose the updated name. =)

However; if none of those are true, let me know and I'll try to figure out why you're having this issue.
Wx6Zzdb.gif ERng8HZ.png
ZWH3lqT.png
Iconx100t.png Looking for shadow-themed Dragons!
@Myndris
I've been having some trouble with this. Whenever I save the spreadsheet and try to open it my computer says it has unreadable content. It attempts to 'repair' it, but that seems to remove whatever functions you use to get the whole thing to work. No drop down lists or anything.
@Myndris
I've been having some trouble with this. Whenever I save the spreadsheet and try to open it my computer says it has unreadable content. It attempts to 'repair' it, but that seems to remove whatever functions you use to get the whole thing to work. No drop down lists or anything.
@KhepriRose That's really odd. Did you save it from mobile and then switch to desktop?
@KhepriRose That's really odd. Did you save it from mobile and then switch to desktop?
Wx6Zzdb.gif ERng8HZ.png
ZWH3lqT.png
@Myndris
No, I saved it on my desktop. The only thing I can think of that might be causing it is a compatibility error. Which version of excel did you use to make this?
@Myndris
No, I saved it on my desktop. The only thing I can think of that might be causing it is a compatibility error. Which version of excel did you use to make this?
@KhepriRose I didn't use Excel - It's a google sheet. As I don't have Excel, I wouldn't be able to test it myself to find a way to save it into Excel.
@KhepriRose I didn't use Excel - It's a google sheet. As I don't have Excel, I wouldn't be able to test it myself to find a way to save it into Excel.
Wx6Zzdb.gif ERng8HZ.png
ZWH3lqT.png
@Myndris
Ah, right. I don't use google sheets very often, I forgot you can just make spreadsheets with it rather than uploading one from another program. It usually works when I download them into Excel, but I guess the code for those functions is different enough to cause problems when transferring it. I've got it saved correctly now, works perfectly. Sorry to bother you.
@Myndris
Ah, right. I don't use google sheets very often, I forgot you can just make spreadsheets with it rather than uploading one from another program. It usually works when I download them into Excel, but I guess the code for those functions is different enough to cause problems when transferring it. I've got it saved correctly now, works perfectly. Sorry to bother you.
Update: Added the filigree gene and fixed the color Watermelon.
Update: Added the filigree gene and fixed the color Watermelon.
Wx6Zzdb.gif ERng8HZ.png
ZWH3lqT.png
Wow. This is extremely cool, and a way better method of recording stuff than my boring old text file. Thanks for sharing it!
Wow. This is extremely cool, and a way better method of recording stuff than my boring old text file. Thanks for sharing it!
@Myndris

Thanks for this! A question -- is there a way to replace the "low priority/medium priority/high priority/found" labels with custom ones? I work on one breeding project at a time and don't need to worry about priority, but labels to differentiate breeding projects and gene projects would be very helpful to me.
@Myndris

Thanks for this! A question -- is there a way to replace the "low priority/medium priority/high priority/found" labels with custom ones? I work on one breeding project at a time and don't need to worry about priority, but labels to differentiate breeding projects and gene projects would be very helpful to me.
He/She/They | FR +3
@quinnelope

I'm sure I could add a way to customize it.

I'll get back to you in a few to see if I can get that up and running for ya. =)
@quinnelope

I'm sure I could add a way to customize it.

I'll get back to you in a few to see if I can get that up and running for ya. =)
Wx6Zzdb.gif ERng8HZ.png
ZWH3lqT.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7