Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Tool] Coli team builder tools!
1 2 3
These are a couple of programs I've written to help with deciding the elements of a coliseum team!

Team Completer
This takes in what dragons you've already decided on, and tells you what elements you could possibly add in the blank spots to give you a balanced team. Example: I tell it I've already decided on a lightning dragon and a light dragon. The program responds that the possibilities are "lightning, light, earth" and "lightning, light, wind."
Currently, this program is designed to be general use. Later, I will add options for if you have a specific coliseum area in mind, and want a team tailored to that place!

Here!

Team Tester
Already built yourself a team? This can tell you what the strengths and weaknesses of your team are - and where there's a weakness, it'll suggest elements that can balance that out. If you only get slight weaknesses (if they're enabled) or no weaknesses at all (if slight things are disabled) in response, then your team is good to go! Anything given to you by the Team Completer will get you approval from this program, since they use a similar method to determine which teams are balanced. It will also tell you which areas your team would fare best and worst in!

Here!

Notes before using
- For whatever reason, Flight Rising chopped off the last part of the URL. Just click on "Python," and it'll take you where you need to go.
- Click on the "Run" button to start the program.
- When it asks for your dragons' elements, do not enter more than one element at a time.

Questions? Suggestions? Bugs you've noticed? Ping or PM me, and I'll respond to you as soon as possible!
These are a couple of programs I've written to help with deciding the elements of a coliseum team!

Team Completer
This takes in what dragons you've already decided on, and tells you what elements you could possibly add in the blank spots to give you a balanced team. Example: I tell it I've already decided on a lightning dragon and a light dragon. The program responds that the possibilities are "lightning, light, earth" and "lightning, light, wind."
Currently, this program is designed to be general use. Later, I will add options for if you have a specific coliseum area in mind, and want a team tailored to that place!

Here!

Team Tester
Already built yourself a team? This can tell you what the strengths and weaknesses of your team are - and where there's a weakness, it'll suggest elements that can balance that out. If you only get slight weaknesses (if they're enabled) or no weaknesses at all (if slight things are disabled) in response, then your team is good to go! Anything given to you by the Team Completer will get you approval from this program, since they use a similar method to determine which teams are balanced. It will also tell you which areas your team would fare best and worst in!

Here!

Notes before using
- For whatever reason, Flight Rising chopped off the last part of the URL. Just click on "Python," and it'll take you where you need to go.
- Click on the "Run" button to start the program.
- When it asks for your dragons' elements, do not enter more than one element at a time.

Questions? Suggestions? Bugs you've noticed? Ping or PM me, and I'll respond to you as soon as possible!
xEtralP.png
I take no responsibility for that, unless you liked the outcome, then I take all responsibility.
That's cool, thanks! Maybe generate a new url through ******* to fix the chopping issue?
That's cool, thanks! Maybe generate a new url through ******* to fix the chopping issue?
Mz9FfKs.png
Thank you kindly. I stand corrected on my choice for my coli team. Very helpful :)
Thank you kindly. I stand corrected on my choice for my coli team. Very helpful :)
- Sleeping at the frozen mountain of madness.
Update 12/17/2014

Team tester

Edited some calculations, so now it should provide accurate results for teams with under 3 dragons. Also over 4 dragons, if you're in some kind of roleplaying scenario.

While I was doing that, I discovered a bug I hadn't known existed, which caused it not to report extreme weaknesses. So now that's fixed.

The link has been edited to lead to the updated version.

Stuff that's coming up

As for that update for the Team Completer that would let it spit out a team tailored to a specific zone: I've got the basic design for it outlined in my head, will start work as soon as homework schedule allows. Once I've got a tested and working design for that feature, I'm thinking I'll add bits of it to the Team Tester as well, so it can tell you which zones your dragons are most and least suited to. So there's that to look forward to.
Update 12/17/2014

Team tester

Edited some calculations, so now it should provide accurate results for teams with under 3 dragons. Also over 4 dragons, if you're in some kind of roleplaying scenario.

While I was doing that, I discovered a bug I hadn't known existed, which caused it not to report extreme weaknesses. So now that's fixed.

The link has been edited to lead to the updated version.

Stuff that's coming up

As for that update for the Team Completer that would let it spit out a team tailored to a specific zone: I've got the basic design for it outlined in my head, will start work as soon as homework schedule allows. Once I've got a tested and working design for that feature, I'm thinking I'll add bits of it to the Team Tester as well, so it can tell you which zones your dragons are most and least suited to. So there's that to look forward to.
xEtralP.png
I take no responsibility for that, unless you liked the outcome, then I take all responsibility.
Update 12/18/2014

Team Tester

Fixed a minor bug that made it not actually give suggestions in some cases.

Finished the Area Suggestion feature! Now, when you enter a team into it, it will give the areas your dragons would do best in.
Update 12/18/2014

Team Tester

Fixed a minor bug that made it not actually give suggestions in some cases.

Finished the Area Suggestion feature! Now, when you enter a team into it, it will give the areas your dragons would do best in.
xEtralP.png
@TheAlmightySand

This thing is so confusing for someone new to code. I only got as far as "Enter the dragon's element" before I couldn't figure out how to not get an error message. Is there a set of instructions somewhere? I think the stuff on the side might be that, but it is very hard to read as I have dyslexia.
@TheAlmightySand

This thing is so confusing for someone new to code. I only got as far as "Enter the dragon's element" before I couldn't figure out how to not get an error message. Is there a set of instructions somewhere? I think the stuff on the side might be that, but it is very hard to read as I have dyslexia.
@DragonLovell the stuff on the side is the programming. it's meant to be for the computer to understand, not so much for humans to understand.

did you answer the prompt with more than one element? you're only meant to answer it with one element at a time. it'll ask the question multiple times, so you'll get in all your answers.

if it still doesn't work, could you copypaste the error message here so i can look at it?

also, which program is giving you problems? you didn't specify.
@DragonLovell the stuff on the side is the programming. it's meant to be for the computer to understand, not so much for humans to understand.

did you answer the prompt with more than one element? you're only meant to answer it with one element at a time. it'll ask the question multiple times, so you'll get in all your answers.

if it still doesn't work, could you copypaste the error message here so i can look at it?

also, which program is giving you problems? you didn't specify.
xEtralP.png
@TheAlmightySand
I was the tester, and I was putting in all of them at once. I'll try again. Thank-you. :)
@TheAlmightySand
I was the tester, and I was putting in all of them at once. I'll try again. Thank-you. :)
@TheAlmightySand

Interesting! I hacked something similar together with Perl a while back, but never really got the interface to work as nicely as this.

I'm curious how you decide to measure strength and weakness. Did you take the number of dragons that 2x'd an element and subtract the dragons that were 2x'd by it? Or is it something more subtle?
@TheAlmightySand

Interesting! I hacked something similar together with Perl a while back, but never really got the interface to work as nicely as this.

I'm curious how you decide to measure strength and weakness. Did you take the number of dragons that 2x'd an element and subtract the dragons that were 2x'd by it? Or is it something more subtle?
@Ranarhun
I put together a list of 11 numbers - each number was the "score" for a certain element. If the dragon 2x'd an element and took half damage from it, it added 2 to the score. If a dragon 2x'd an element but took normal damage from it, it added 2 to the score. Likewise, when a dragon did half damage to an element, it subtracted 2, and if a dragon took 2x damage but did normal damage, it subtracted 1.
Each dragon accessed the same set of scores, so it was overall a measure of the entire team's strengths and weaknesses.
@Ranarhun
I put together a list of 11 numbers - each number was the "score" for a certain element. If the dragon 2x'd an element and took half damage from it, it added 2 to the score. If a dragon 2x'd an element but took normal damage from it, it added 2 to the score. Likewise, when a dragon did half damage to an element, it subtracted 2, and if a dragon took 2x damage but did normal damage, it subtracted 1.
Each dragon accessed the same set of scores, so it was overall a measure of the entire team's strengths and weaknesses.
xEtralP.png
1 2 3