Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Tool] Coli team builder tools!
1 2 3
thank you for your help regarding this I hope many people will enjoy using it.

Happy Christmas
thank you for your help regarding this I hope many people will enjoy using it.

Happy Christmas
@Temreki you are absolutely correct. my guess is i must have made it link to a version i shouldn't have.

when i have more energy i'll tackle this. thank you for bringing it to my attention!
@Temreki you are absolutely correct. my guess is i must have made it link to a version i shouldn't have.

when i have more energy i'll tackle this. thank you for bringing it to my attention!
xEtralP.png
I take no responsibility for that, unless you liked the outcome, then I take all responsibility.
Interesting idea. I'm not really getting how to use it though. In the right column I entered one dragon element "Nature" and it came up with dozens of "This is an approved list: [3 elements]".
Interesting idea. I'm not really getting how to use it though. In the right column I entered one dragon element "Nature" and it came up with dozens of "This is an approved list: [3 elements]".
rIxOVnO.pngdQDtyBL.pngGaCoVKV.pngnJW9Vjy.png
@Temreki ohh boy was i lazy about getting to this. sorry about that. try it now.

@KaidaHime i'm not sure what you're getting at. that's what it's supposed to do. did you mean to enter more than one element? did some of the lists not contain nature?
@Temreki ohh boy was i lazy about getting to this. sorry about that. try it now.

@KaidaHime i'm not sure what you're getting at. that's what it's supposed to do. did you mean to enter more than one element? did some of the lists not contain nature?
xEtralP.png
I take no responsibility for that, unless you liked the outcome, then I take all responsibility.
@TheAlmightySand
Ah, I got so overwhelmed by the information, I thought it would come up with, like, a single list of best elements to add.
I'll have to play around with it more. ^^;

EDIT: I must have been doing something wrong because now the code seems to be working. Before it wasn't coming up with "how many have you decided on", so I just typed an element and it gave pretty much the entire info in the code. This time the form came up and I got the information the way it's described. ^^;
@TheAlmightySand
Ah, I got so overwhelmed by the information, I thought it would come up with, like, a single list of best elements to add.
I'll have to play around with it more. ^^;

EDIT: I must have been doing something wrong because now the code seems to be working. Before it wasn't coming up with "how many have you decided on", so I just typed an element and it gave pretty much the entire info in the code. This time the form came up and I got the information the way it's described. ^^;
rIxOVnO.pngdQDtyBL.pngGaCoVKV.pngnJW9Vjy.png
@KaidaHime you weren't doing anything wrong! the program wasn't working is the problem. temreki posted about it above you.

basically, there's a part of the program that looks at what number you enter for the number of elements, and if it's not 1 or 2 (a team of 3 is already complete) then it urges you to enter a valid number. i set the number of dragons to -1 by default, so that part would activate and prompt you for a valid number. but i accidentally told it to check if it was less than or equal to zero OR if it was less than three. that set of conditions includes every number in existence, so the computer looked at the -1, said "it's less than three so no problems here" and marched onward

tl;dr i messed up but it should be fixed now
@KaidaHime you weren't doing anything wrong! the program wasn't working is the problem. temreki posted about it above you.

basically, there's a part of the program that looks at what number you enter for the number of elements, and if it's not 1 or 2 (a team of 3 is already complete) then it urges you to enter a valid number. i set the number of dragons to -1 by default, so that part would activate and prompt you for a valid number. but i accidentally told it to check if it was less than or equal to zero OR if it was less than three. that set of conditions includes every number in existence, so the computer looked at the -1, said "it's less than three so no problems here" and marched onward

tl;dr i messed up but it should be fixed now
xEtralP.png
[quote name="Temreki" date="2015-01-14 09:37:26"]@TheAlmightySand I can't get your "Team Completer" to work. If I click "run", it gives me a long list without prompting for elements first. If I enter "light" or "Light" and hit enter, I get Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 1, in NameError: name 'Light' is not defined If I enter a number, it just reprints it on the following line. After that, if I enter "light" again, it prints it as well. No prompting like the second tool. What did I do wrong?[/quote] I am having this same exact problem. Am I doing something wrong?
Temreki wrote on 2015-01-14 09:37:26:
@TheAlmightySand

I can't get your "Team Completer" to work. If I click "run", it gives me a long list without prompting for elements first. If I enter "light" or "Light" and hit enter, I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 1, in
NameError: name 'Light' is not defined

If I enter a number, it just reprints it on the following line. After that, if I enter "light" again, it prints it as well.

No prompting like the second tool. What did I do wrong?

I am having this same exact problem. Am I doing something wrong?
tree%20gradual%20change.gif
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity... and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself. - William Blake 1757–1827
@Bluheart
it should have been fixed recently. can you try again and tell me exactly the error message you got? or if there was no error, what it did that it shouldnt have?
@Bluheart
it should have been fixed recently. can you try again and tell me exactly the error message you got? or if there was no error, what it did that it shouldnt have?
xEtralP.png
@TheAlmightySand - The team completer works perfectly! AHH I'm so happy I won't have to try to figure out teams by hand now lol

Any word on when the team tester link will work? When I click the link, it takes me to a "choose platform" page, and when I click Python, the code pops up briefly, then disappears! D:
@TheAlmightySand - The team completer works perfectly! AHH I'm so happy I won't have to try to figure out teams by hand now lol

Any word on when the team tester link will work? When I click the link, it takes me to a "choose platform" page, and when I click Python, the code pops up briefly, then disappears! D:
CSL8x0A.pngtumblr_inline_njw5j6MgRR1qg2i5p.gif6DgDeX5.png
@TheAlmightySand

I love this idea! Although, sometimes when I click Run, The yellow arrow moves down, and an orange one takes it's place. This has happened several times. Any explanation as to why this is happening?
@TheAlmightySand

I love this idea! Although, sometimes when I click Run, The yellow arrow moves down, and an orange one takes it's place. This has happened several times. Any explanation as to why this is happening?
I am +3 hours ahead of Flight Rising time!
E6nL5Eq.pngiAiI6jU.png
1 2 3