Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | FR Tools - Signatures, Banners & More
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33 34
Hi I came on here to see if my question was asked already, but I guess no one has this problem. I know that to find your forum signature its in your account settings by your profile picture. But the little tree box that lets you insert a picture is kinda grayed out for everything so you can't select it, even posting on a forum like I am now. I'm using a Microsoft Surface, the original one, with Windows 8.1. does it have to do with my version or....... sorry irk
Hi I came on here to see if my question was asked already, but I guess no one has this problem. I know that to find your forum signature its in your account settings by your profile picture. But the little tree box that lets you insert a picture is kinda grayed out for everything so you can't select it, even posting on a forum like I am now. I'm using a Microsoft Surface, the original one, with Windows 8.1. does it have to do with my version or....... sorry irk
+3 hrs
@DragonsThunder this is more a FR (in general) question than a FR tools question, so it's probably been answered elsewhere in the guides section. However! I've got no problem explaining it to you here. FR uses BBCode on its forums, which is a bit like HTML, but simplified so everyone can use it. The code for images is this: [code][img]URL[/img][/code] So once you have your image saved on your computer, you'll need to upload it to the internet somewhere (you probably know this, but I don't answer things halfway...). My favourite is http://www.imgur.com because you don't need an account and it automatically generates the BBCode link you need. Once you've uploaded your image somewhere, get the DIRECT link (it will end in '.png', '.jpg', or '.gif'. Personally I recommend saving images as PNGs because JPGs and GIFs compress the colours a bit and create that horrible pixelated look that makes certain Homestuck and DARGON images so delightfully trashy. If that's NOT the look you're going for, save as PNG). You can right click on your image and select 'copy image URL' if the place you've uploaded your image doesn't give you the handy 'direct link'. Imgur for example doesn't. But what Imgur does give you is the BBCode link you need, already put together for you, so you can just copy that and call it done. But if you're working from the direct link, you can just type in the rest yourself. Put [code][img] [/img][/code] around the direct link. Pop that in the signature box, and you're good to go. Also since we ARE on the topic of FR-Tools... I made the images slightly too small so that they'll display properly no matter what. So your signature will look best if you centre it as well. The code for centre alignment when the clicky-buttons are greyed out is this: [code][center][/center][/code] So all together, put this in your signature box: [code][center][img]DIRECT LINK HERE[/img][/center][/code] If you want your signature to link to something, it's this: [code][center][url=LINK TO LINK TO][img]DIRECT LINK TO IMAGE[/img][/url][/center][/code] Simple enough or have I talked long enough to make it too difficult?
@DragonsThunder this is more a FR (in general) question than a FR tools question, so it's probably been answered elsewhere in the guides section.

However! I've got no problem explaining it to you here.

FR uses BBCode on its forums, which is a bit like HTML, but simplified so everyone can use it. The code for images is this:
Code:
[img]URL[/img]

So once you have your image saved on your computer, you'll need to upload it to the internet somewhere (you probably know this, but I don't answer things halfway...). My favourite is http://www.imgur.com because you don't need an account and it automatically generates the BBCode link you need.

Once you've uploaded your image somewhere, get the DIRECT link (it will end in '.png', '.jpg', or '.gif'. Personally I recommend saving images as PNGs because JPGs and GIFs compress the colours a bit and create that horrible pixelated look that makes certain Homestuck and DARGON images so delightfully trashy. If that's NOT the look you're going for, save as PNG).

You can right click on your image and select 'copy image URL' if the place you've uploaded your image doesn't give you the handy 'direct link'. Imgur for example doesn't.

But what Imgur does give you is the BBCode link you need, already put together for you, so you can just copy that and call it done. But if you're working from the direct link, you can just type in the rest yourself. Put
Code:
[img] [/img]

around the direct link. Pop that in the signature box, and you're good to go.

Also since we ARE on the topic of FR-Tools... I made the images slightly too small so that they'll display properly no matter what. So your signature will look best if you centre it as well. The code for centre alignment when the clicky-buttons are greyed out is this:
Code:
[center][/center]

So all together, put this in your signature box:
Code:
[center][img]DIRECT LINK HERE[/img][/center]

If you want your signature to link to something, it's this:
Code:
[center][url=LINK TO LINK TO][img]DIRECT LINK TO IMAGE[/img][/url][/center]

Simple enough or have I talked long enough to make it too difficult?
mLVXhc2.pngs2YE1v7.pngPkbt1dy.pngsGTYkwN.png
Ok so after about an hour of killing everything I think I have it so here goes nothing
Ok so after about an hour of killing everything I think I have it so here goes nothing
+3 hrs
Omg thank you so much for this you have no clue how happy I am. Lol now I have to modify it a little because my OCD demands it of me
Omg thank you so much for this you have no clue how happy I am. Lol now I have to modify it a little because my OCD demands it of me
+3 hrs
@DragonsThunder Yay! I'm glad you got it working. ^_^
@DragonsThunder Yay! I'm glad you got it working. ^_^
@Taleirrh

Hey, thanks so much for this stuff! I had a lot of fun making my signature, and am really looking forward to making some breeding pair graphics! Thanks again! You're the best! :D
@Taleirrh

Hey, thanks so much for this stuff! I had a lot of fun making my signature, and am really looking forward to making some breeding pair graphics! Thanks again! You're the best! :D
nYqoHFj.png
@Edinburgh Oh, that's a lovely one! I have to show it to my friends @madsrobots and @Jeri, they love tundras, too! Check out Jeri's girl, Metana! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3173523] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/31736/3173523_350.png[/img] [/url] I haven't been feeling well enough to code lately, but when I get back into it, I'll soon have another breeding pair generator up.
@Edinburgh Oh, that's a lovely one! I have to show it to my friends @madsrobots and @Jeri, they love tundras, too! Check out Jeri's girl, Metana!

3173523_350.png

I haven't been feeling well enough to code lately, but when I get back into it, I'll soon have another breeding pair generator up.
@Taleirrh

Aw, thanks for showing off my Metana~
@Taleirrh

Aw, thanks for showing off my Metana~
FRbanner_zps083bf127.png
@Edinburgh
Lovely lil Tundies!
@Edinburgh
Lovely lil Tundies!
@Taleirrh @Jeri

Metana is lovely! I've never seen that color combo before, but she's gorgeous! I have to say, I love adding extra fluff to Tundras with the wooly items. XD

@madsrobots

Thanks so much! Yours are adorable as well! :D
@Taleirrh @Jeri

Metana is lovely! I've never seen that color combo before, but she's gorgeous! I have to say, I love adding extra fluff to Tundras with the wooly items. XD

@madsrobots

Thanks so much! Yours are adorable as well! :D
nYqoHFj.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33 34