Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Tidal Trouble: Custom Puzzle Guide
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Does someone know how the point system works with the treasures? Sometimes I get about 240 and sometimes even 500 and I would like to know, what causes the numbers. Because if I can influence it somehow and I know how, I would try my best to get as much as possible.

I will also try something and test things out, but if someone can actually help me, that would be great! And if you do, please ping me!
Does someone know how the point system works with the treasures? Sometimes I get about 240 and sometimes even 500 and I would like to know, what causes the numbers. Because if I can influence it somehow and I know how, I would try my best to get as much as possible.

I will also try something and test things out, but if someone can actually help me, that would be great! And if you do, please ping me!
I was curious about that too! It doesn't seem like a big enough thing to start a new thread over, but I wondered if we get points according to how fast we clear the puzzle or by how many bubbles we pop total (or a combination of both).

Also, somehow I completely missed the 'create a puzzle' button for the whole time I've been here, so the side effect of checking this thread is that I've now made a puzzle for the first time xD
oh well, probably best to make one when you've played the game for a while - gives you a better sense of what might be fun!
I was curious about that too! It doesn't seem like a big enough thing to start a new thread over, but I wondered if we get points according to how fast we clear the puzzle or by how many bubbles we pop total (or a combination of both).

Also, somehow I completely missed the 'create a puzzle' button for the whole time I've been here, so the side effect of checking this thread is that I've now made a puzzle for the first time xD
oh well, probably best to make one when you've played the game for a while - gives you a better sense of what might be fun!
@Oleandir

I actually tried to do a little "research" on it, and wrote some things down. I got no real answer to my questions, so I am just assuming, the treasure is random, although combos gave me the best results so far. I counted a combo as a combo, when I hit one bubble (red) and it destroyed other bubbles as well (i.e. blue and pink).

Time taking to solve
<1min = 240
>1min = 240
>2min = 320
>5min = 320

Number of combos you do
2x = 400 / 240
3x = 480 / 240
4x = 480 / 400
5x = 480
6x = 460

Number of points you got
2,350 = 240
2,500 = 240
2,600 = 240
2,700 = 240
3,050 = 240
3,800 = 240
3,900 = 240
4,550 = 480
5,800 = 240
@Oleandir

I actually tried to do a little "research" on it, and wrote some things down. I got no real answer to my questions, so I am just assuming, the treasure is random, although combos gave me the best results so far. I counted a combo as a combo, when I hit one bubble (red) and it destroyed other bubbles as well (i.e. blue and pink).

Time taking to solve
<1min = 240
>1min = 240
>2min = 320
>5min = 320

Number of combos you do
2x = 400 / 240
3x = 480 / 240
4x = 480 / 400
5x = 480
6x = 460

Number of points you got
2,350 = 240
2,500 = 240
2,600 = 240
2,700 = 240
3,050 = 240
3,800 = 240
3,900 = 240
4,550 = 480
5,800 = 240
@Manedblackwolf

Oh good work, that's interesting!! Particularly the ones where the longer time taken to solve nets more points - I wonder if that ties in with my idea about more bubbles popped total meaning more points? and yea the combos do seem to net points, which would make sense (apart from the couple of 240s in there, haha). I remember actually in the past thinking there might be a correlation between how low down the rows of bubbles started and how many points you get for solving, but that was a while ago so I'm not certain any more.
@Manedblackwolf

Oh good work, that's interesting!! Particularly the ones where the longer time taken to solve nets more points - I wonder if that ties in with my idea about more bubbles popped total meaning more points? and yea the combos do seem to net points, which would make sense (apart from the couple of 240s in there, haha). I remember actually in the past thinking there might be a correlation between how low down the rows of bubbles started and how many points you get for solving, but that was a while ago so I'm not certain any more.
@Oleandir [quote]Particularly the ones where the longer time taken to solve nets more points[/quote] Not really, since I often finish puzzles below 1 minute and can get more points than when I wait 5min. [quote]I wonder if that ties in with my idea about more bubbles popped total meaning more points?[/quote] Well, each bubble popped gives you 50 pts, there are no extra points for combos or anything else, so it equals the pts I did before, which doesn't really add more treasure to it. [quote]I remember actually in the past thinking there might be a correlation between how low down the rows of bubbles started[/quote] Hmm, that's something I haven't entirely thought of. I tried to wait for the grey bubbles to be as low as possible before solving the puzzle completly, but that didn't gave me any extra treasure, but I never paid attention to how low the bubbles start to begin with. I will test that out!
@Oleandir
Quote:
Particularly the ones where the longer time taken to solve nets more points
Not really, since I often finish puzzles below 1 minute and can get more points than when I wait 5min.
Quote:
I wonder if that ties in with my idea about more bubbles popped total meaning more points?
Well, each bubble popped gives you 50 pts, there are no extra points for combos or anything else, so it equals the pts I did before, which doesn't really add more treasure to it.
Quote:
I remember actually in the past thinking there might be a correlation between how low down the rows of bubbles started
Hmm, that's something I haven't entirely thought of. I tried to wait for the grey bubbles to be as low as possible before solving the puzzle completly, but that didn't gave me any extra treasure, but I never paid attention to how low the bubbles start to begin with. I will test that out!
Does anyone know around how long it tends to take? I imagine they get a ton of submissions, since, they aren't exactly hard to make. I've read it can take quite a long time for it to get viewed, or that it might not get looked at at all. I think its been about 3 weeks since I submitted mine?
If it gets declined, will I receive a message about it as well? ,o,
Does anyone know around how long it tends to take? I imagine they get a ton of submissions, since, they aren't exactly hard to make. I've read it can take quite a long time for it to get viewed, or that it might not get looked at at all. I think its been about 3 weeks since I submitted mine?
If it gets declined, will I receive a message about it as well? ,o,
wind_banner.png XWGx9rY.gifwind_banner.png
This really helped!
This really helped!
unknown.png
avo | he/him | nerd
check out my best friend who is also a nerd
Thank you so much!
Thank you so much!
7pJSnvE.gifjrC9Ivt.gif
I was also wondering how one would know if their custom puzzle is available for others to use. I made a really cute one that looks like a fox face and I wanted to play it
I was also wondering how one would know if their custom puzzle is available for others to use. I made a really cute one that looks like a fox face and I wanted to play it
tumblr_inline_n51c5lRQg41r4n64i.gif
How long is the wait list? I think I made one last summer and it says its still waiting to be excepted -_-
How long is the wait list? I think I made one last summer and it says its still waiting to be excepted -_-
CLVpsxr.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7