Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Tidal Trouble: Custom Puzzle Guide
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Can someone add a treasure guide to this game? I can't tell how I'll get 560 treasure due to how random my treasure is given to me.
Can someone add a treasure guide to this game? I can't tell how I'll get 560 treasure due to how random my treasure is given to me.
I was wondering how often puzzles are approved? I know I've attempted two different puzzles and both have been sitting in the queue for some time as it keeps telling me they're still up for review.
I was wondering how often puzzles are approved? I know I've attempted two different puzzles and both have been sitting in the queue for some time as it keeps telling me they're still up for review.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
TT is lagging in adding your treasure and its not adding treasure correctly. I played a good thirty minutes and it told me I had like 76k but when I went to another page it said I had only around 11k.
TT is lagging in adding your treasure and its not adding treasure correctly. I played a good thirty minutes and it told me I had like 76k but when I went to another page it said I had only around 11k.
Small---Maddex2_zps9bb2e9fc.pngSmall---Maddex_zpsa345ae4e.png
Might I suggest that if there's more than one problem with a puzzle that keeps it from being accepted, they be said at the same time? (rather than telling people one thing to fix at a time, it'd make things faster and there'd be less multiple checks for individual puzzles).

The first time I tried to enter one, I hadn't read any guides/rules, so I expected to get it denied. All I was told as to why was that puzzles with over 5 types of bubbles could not go more than halfway down the screen. So I whittled it down to having only 5 types.

After a bit of a hiatus, I come back and see it's been rejected again(despite not having been told there was any problem other than the one). And I'm rather, confused? By what's meant with the rejection message.

I was told this time that "Puzzle is too low on the screen for number of barriers used."
I'm unsure what's meant by 'barrier'? I understand it being too low, but I'm not sure what's being referred to as a barrier.
Might I suggest that if there's more than one problem with a puzzle that keeps it from being accepted, they be said at the same time? (rather than telling people one thing to fix at a time, it'd make things faster and there'd be less multiple checks for individual puzzles).

The first time I tried to enter one, I hadn't read any guides/rules, so I expected to get it denied. All I was told as to why was that puzzles with over 5 types of bubbles could not go more than halfway down the screen. So I whittled it down to having only 5 types.

After a bit of a hiatus, I come back and see it's been rejected again(despite not having been told there was any problem other than the one). And I'm rather, confused? By what's meant with the rejection message.

I was told this time that "Puzzle is too low on the screen for number of barriers used."
I'm unsure what's meant by 'barrier'? I understand it being too low, but I'm not sure what's being referred to as a barrier.
Is there any way to tell what puzzles we've submitted in the past? I know that I had one okayed, but can't for the life of me remember its title.
Is there any way to tell what puzzles we've submitted in the past? I know that I had one okayed, but can't for the life of me remember its title.
plague_nests_by_duinimrais-d85k0kr.gif
Here's a q for the admins -- on what basis is the amount of treasure awarded? Sometimes you get 240, sometimes 320, sometimes 400+.
trying to max your score (treasure wise) - I have tried both allowing more time (i.e. taking longer for the puzzle to solve), and finishing fast, and also using the least amount of bubbles (making "Great!" appear), but am no closer to figuring it out -- is it random?
Here's a q for the admins -- on what basis is the amount of treasure awarded? Sometimes you get 240, sometimes 320, sometimes 400+.
trying to max your score (treasure wise) - I have tried both allowing more time (i.e. taking longer for the puzzle to solve), and finishing fast, and also using the least amount of bubbles (making "Great!" appear), but am no closer to figuring it out -- is it random?
b51b8d57a0310441b56e0a4d0547e8f82cea9bd8.png
Rainbow Vomit should have been tested before approval, it's really frustrating one and quite impossible to finish (just waste 40 min on it and only managed to get at the last line).
Rainbow Vomit should have been tested before approval, it's really frustrating one and quite impossible to finish (just waste 40 min on it and only managed to get at the last line).
[quote name="Shaenora" date="2015-01-25 07:11:06"]Rainbow Vomit should have been tested before approval, it's really frustrating one and quite impossible to finish (just waste 40 min on it and only managed to get at the last line).[/quote] Just to help speed up your point to the public, go forth and get a screenshot of the puzzle if you run into it again. Haven't had to (un)luck(iness) of running into that puzzle yet during my own hour long run but would be interesting to have another visual case of what NOT to build.
Shaenora wrote on 2015-01-25 07:11:06:

Just to help speed up your point to the public, go forth and get a screenshot of the puzzle if you run into it again. Haven't had to (un)luck(iness) of running into that puzzle yet during my own hour long run but would be interesting to have another visual case of what NOT to build.
Actions alone do not make one famous, it will be in how they did it
While talk of horrible boards is ongoing, I encountered the aptly-named "Tableflipper" last night. I didn't get a screenshot, but it was pretty clearly a joke board, which was funny except for the half-hour I spent trying to clear it out of pride.

The sixth image in the OP depicts a board with a large red "WHHHY?" and a shocked face. This version was composed of four rows, but was pretty much a compressed version of that. About 7 types of bubbles, all interspersed with gaps interleaving in odd positions. One of the types, Lightning, only appeared once on the board, about 2 layers from the bottom surface. I think only two pink bubbles on the left side were connected with their own color, and weren't "load-bearing" at all so it didn't really matter anyways. Basically, the table was only possible if luck was on your side and the bubbles came out in exactly the colors you needed. In one of my attempts, the literal last bubble was shoved through the blue line; the entire board had been filled with gray bubbles because I had taken so long to get rid of the rest of them.

Oh, and at the end, I got like 300 treasure. >:c

It was funny once, but please, nobody do that again!
While talk of horrible boards is ongoing, I encountered the aptly-named "Tableflipper" last night. I didn't get a screenshot, but it was pretty clearly a joke board, which was funny except for the half-hour I spent trying to clear it out of pride.

The sixth image in the OP depicts a board with a large red "WHHHY?" and a shocked face. This version was composed of four rows, but was pretty much a compressed version of that. About 7 types of bubbles, all interspersed with gaps interleaving in odd positions. One of the types, Lightning, only appeared once on the board, about 2 layers from the bottom surface. I think only two pink bubbles on the left side were connected with their own color, and weren't "load-bearing" at all so it didn't really matter anyways. Basically, the table was only possible if luck was on your side and the bubbles came out in exactly the colors you needed. In one of my attempts, the literal last bubble was shoved through the blue line; the entire board had been filled with gray bubbles because I had taken so long to get rid of the rest of them.

Oh, and at the end, I got like 300 treasure. >:c

It was funny once, but please, nobody do that again!
[quote name="ElectricPegasus" date=2014-04-11 00:32:24] I have a feeling my first one will be denied.... [/quote] If only we would have found this tutorial first, right? xD We should be able to give our puzzles a test-run. That would help a lot.
ElectricPegasus wrote on 2014-04-11:
I have a feeling my first one will be denied....

If only we would have found this tutorial first, right? xD
We should be able to give our puzzles a test-run. That would help a lot.
EOrlrwo.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7