Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 408 409 410 411 412 ... 592 593
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gMFXVMV.png[/img] I have gotten the pop up auto show ad as well!
gMFXVMV.png I have gotten the pop up auto show ad as well!
Z7cgb70.png
This isn't an ad that goes outside the page, but an ad I felt was inappropriate to be shared on Flight Rising. [img]https://i.imgur.com/1Qb7Ses.png[/img] I don't think e-cigarettes should be advertised on a site like FR, [i]especially[/i] since the site is accessible to young teenagers (not to mention, people ages <21 may not smoke legally in the US).
This isn't an ad that goes outside the page, but an ad I felt was inappropriate to be shared on Flight Rising.

1Qb7Ses.png

I don't think e-cigarettes should be advertised on a site like FR, especially since the site is accessible to young teenagers (not to mention, people ages <21 may not smoke legally in the US).
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
I don't have a screenshot right now, but this popup kept on showing up telling me the following: This this and that, (app.mediaplex.com) Wants your username and password. Username: -- Password: -- Edit: Here ya go (I'm using Microsoft edge.) [img]https://i.imgur.com/cF4UEIl.png[/img] Of course I'm not dumb enough to enter my user and password, but it breaks my heart to have to use Microsoft Edge's adblock.
I don't have a screenshot right now, but this popup kept on showing up telling me the following:
This this and that, (app.mediaplex.com) Wants your username and password.
Username:
--
Password:
--

Edit: Here ya go (I'm using Microsoft edge.)
cF4UEIl.png
Of course I'm not dumb enough to enter my user and password, but it breaks my heart to have to use Microsoft Edge's adblock.
Lolwut
I have experienced the same as Aquasd, repeatedly, it's getting a bit bothersome and from some googling I have found that this 'mediaplex' service is known to cause this kind of thing and that such pop-ups may just be nuisance, but can be possibly malicious (I wouldn't know, I've closed it every time, so who's to say what happens if you were to put in details). I can't block it, I tried to, but the pop-up comes up anyway :S I'm using Google Chrome, so it's not limited to one browser. It started happening in just the last couple of days, for me. To anyone else getting this, I'd recommend not putting any info in (not that I expect you guys would be that trusting of unknown pop-ups), apparently mediaplex is known to be used by some less-than-honourable parties, so it's a safe bet not to trust any pop-up from them. EDIT: literally just after I posted this, it came up again, so I got a screenie of how it looks for me [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/47aa376ed28554f5b7f7c410514d656e/tumblr_p0prhfAwmg1rpvw9ko1_400.jpg[/img]
I have experienced the same as Aquasd, repeatedly, it's getting a bit bothersome and from some googling I have found that this 'mediaplex' service is known to cause this kind of thing and that such pop-ups may just be nuisance, but can be possibly malicious (I wouldn't know, I've closed it every time, so who's to say what happens if you were to put in details).

I can't block it, I tried to, but the pop-up comes up anyway :S I'm using Google Chrome, so it's not limited to one browser. It started happening in just the last couple of days, for me.

To anyone else getting this, I'd recommend not putting any info in (not that I expect you guys would be that trusting of unknown pop-ups), apparently mediaplex is known to be used by some less-than-honourable parties, so it's a safe bet not to trust any pop-up from them.

EDIT: literally just after I posted this, it came up again, so I got a screenie of how it looks for me
tumblr_p0prhfAwmg1rpvw9ko1_400.jpg
Hatchery
nature_small.png
tumblr_ozby7yUUVB1w8xkufo7_250.png
I have the same problem as BlakDraygen and noticed it only happens on FR. The only way to resolve this problem is with adBlock which I don't want to use on this site.
I have the same problem as BlakDraygen and noticed it only happens on FR. The only way to resolve this problem is with adBlock which I don't want to use on this site.
b9aWflB.png
i encountered this ad and while it didn't cover my screen it might be a little inappropriate. It was an ad for underwear from la senza. i took a screenshot on my laptop but i don't know how to put it in a forum post
i encountered this ad and while it didn't cover my screen it might be a little inappropriate. It was an ad for underwear from la senza. i took a screenshot on my laptop but i don't know how to put it in a forum post
7KmibOY.pngCeju8Ct.gifkEKv7kF.gif
I am also getting the ad that both Aquasd and BlakDraygen have encountered. I'm on chrome and it seems to stop when I turn on ad block for this site. I don't want to keep it on but it was popping up every 5 minutes for me.

It's also started happening on my tablet, which I use chrome as well.

Edit:
I'm actually still getting it on the occasion but it seems to be only with sites that are part of hivework .
I am also getting the ad that both Aquasd and BlakDraygen have encountered. I'm on chrome and it seems to stop when I turn on ad block for this site. I don't want to keep it on but it was popping up every 5 minutes for me.

It's also started happening on my tablet, which I use chrome as well.

Edit:
I'm actually still getting it on the occasion but it seems to be only with sites that are part of hivework .
I'm getting this too, so I guess the site itself has the virus? Theyll need to fix that so the only option is adblock for now then.
I'm getting this too, so I guess the site itself has the virus? Theyll need to fix that so the only option is adblock for now then.
wealth beyond measure, outlander
Also getting the Mediaplex popup every time I visit the site - Flight Rising is the only website I access that this has been happening to.
Also getting the Mediaplex popup every time I visit the site - Flight Rising is the only website I access that this has been happening to.
i'll rebuild this one day
@Kikkoman to put an image in a post, first host the image (upload it to imgur, tumblr, whatever) then right click the image, and copy the image address then, once you have that, write this [code][img]image link here[/img][/code]
@Kikkoman

to put an image in a post, first host the image (upload it to imgur, tumblr, whatever) then right click the image, and copy the image address

then, once you have that, write this
Code:
[img]image link here[/img]

They/them, +0 FR time
Xd23BYL.gif
x363j0D.pngCsWpUgY.png Fandragon Wishlist
Sketches for gems
TCgSL.gif
1 2 ... 408 409 410 411 412 ... 592 593