Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Let me tell you a thing about Fire
1 2 3
You think Fire is only Blacksmiths? Well you're wrong. Incredibly wrong. For one blacksmiths are only type of smith. Secondly even on the World Map we're the flight of [b]METALWORKERS, AS IN MORE THEN JUST IRON. [/b] Goldsmiths, Tinsmiths, Silversmiths, Toolsmiths, Weaponsmiths, Armorsmiths. These are all other occupations that work with metals that are not iron. They make things other then weapons and statues. Jewelers must exist. Not to mention clay and rock which would be common building materials. How about glass? Glassblowers working with melting sand into molten glass? We do have the black[i]sand[/i] annex and are right next door to a desert, actually we're next to a desert that uses glass just look at the glass tubes in the Lightning imagery. [item=vista: thundercrack carnivale] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/exalted/exalted-5.jpg[/img] You know things that probably also exist? Cooks. This is [b]FIRE[/b] flight, everyone has got to eat, of course there's cooks. There's also Miners. It's official now in Temper, Temper. Fire has minecarts and railways to move all the ore to be refined, plus all the coal to power everything. You know that probably means we also have basic trains and conductors. Considering the Molten Scar is constantly a source for metals due to it's massive tectonic activity there's likely Surveyors and Prospectors to keep an eye on where veins emerge and who-only-knows-what-they're-called retrievers of said ore. Then we got all the accountants and other administrative staff to keep everything working smoothly. Fire has Guilds, probably also has auditors. Plus Banks! Who do think mints all the treasure? Minting and Bankers and Tellers! Architects or Engineers are a natural idea, all the piping has to be planned out somehow. If arrows are are metal then we probably also have Fletchers. We probably make clothes and wooden handles for things and have Leatherworkers to make all the aprons and toolbelts and not to mention the bellows. That might also mean we have herders or fishers or hunters to supply the leather. Leading too..... [b]VOLCANIC SOIL IS INCREDIBLY FERTILE[/b]. Just because we don't have green plants doesn't nothings growing. It's also highly speculated in flight that there's an active and thriving night life if the heat is too unbearable for non-fire dragons during the day. Here's something else, the Ashfall Waste and Flamecaller are the [b][u]source for the creation and expansion of the Southron Icefields[/u][/b]. Don't ask me how that works since they are right next to each other but it's canon fact. I admit might no longer be a thing given there's been mentions of the Icefields melting though..... [u]HERE'S ANOTHER THOUGHT[/u], IF the Reversal of the Twisting Crescendo cause the storms in the Sea of a Thousand Currents what do you think happened to the wind currents from the Ashfall Waste, as in where is all the ash blowing now? Have they changed? Was the massive temperature difference the source of the storms? Will this effect the Icefields or Steppes, maybe the Expanse? Remember it's right next store to the Waste too. And then of course, because every flight has them, you get the Oculus-adjunct mages and scholars, an archmage, a magister, the workers at the Sanctums all watching the magical leylines that undoubtedly interweaves itself into the very function of the Waste and it's residents given the stories of Temper, Temper, Aftershocks and Mixed Elements.
You think Fire is only Blacksmiths? Well you're wrong. Incredibly wrong.

For one blacksmiths are only type of smith. Secondly even on the World Map we're the flight of METALWORKERS, AS IN MORE THEN JUST IRON.

Goldsmiths, Tinsmiths, Silversmiths, Toolsmiths, Weaponsmiths, Armorsmiths. These are all other occupations that work with metals that are not iron. They make things other then weapons and statues. Jewelers must exist. Not to mention clay and rock which would be common building materials. How about glass? Glassblowers working with melting sand into molten glass? We do have the blacksand annex and are right next door to a desert, actually we're next to a desert that uses glass just look at the glass tubes in the Lightning imagery.
Vista: Thundercrack Carnivale
exalted-5.jpg

You know things that probably also exist?
Cooks.

This is FIRE flight, everyone has got to eat, of course there's cooks.

There's also Miners. It's official now in Temper, Temper. Fire has minecarts and railways to move all the ore to be refined, plus all the coal to power everything. You know that probably means we also have basic trains and conductors.

Considering the Molten Scar is constantly a source for metals due to it's massive tectonic activity there's likely Surveyors and Prospectors to keep an eye on where veins emerge and who-only-knows-what-they're-called retrievers of said ore.

Then we got all the accountants and other administrative staff to keep everything working smoothly. Fire has Guilds, probably also has auditors.

Plus Banks! Who do think mints all the treasure? Minting and Bankers and Tellers!

Architects or Engineers are a natural idea, all the piping has to be planned out somehow.

If arrows are are metal then we probably also have Fletchers. We probably make clothes and wooden handles for things and have Leatherworkers to make all the aprons and toolbelts and not to mention the bellows. That might also mean we have herders or fishers or hunters to supply the leather. Leading too.....

VOLCANIC SOIL IS INCREDIBLY FERTILE. Just because we don't have green plants doesn't nothings growing.

It's also highly speculated in flight that there's an active and thriving night life if the heat is too unbearable for non-fire dragons during the day.

Here's something else, the Ashfall Waste and Flamecaller are the source for the creation and expansion of the Southron Icefields. Don't ask me how that works since they are right next to each other but it's canon fact. I admit might no longer be a thing given there's been mentions of the Icefields melting though.....

HERE'S ANOTHER THOUGHT, IF the Reversal of the Twisting Crescendo cause the storms in the Sea of a Thousand Currents what do you think happened to the wind currents from the Ashfall Waste, as in where is all the ash blowing now? Have they changed? Was the massive temperature difference the source of the storms? Will this effect the Icefields or Steppes, maybe the Expanse? Remember it's right next store to the Waste too.

And then of course, because every flight has them, you get the Oculus-adjunct mages and scholars, an archmage, a magister, the workers at the Sanctums all watching the magical leylines that undoubtedly interweaves itself into the very function of the Waste and it's residents given the stories of Temper, Temper, Aftershocks and Mixed Elements.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
I don't know what brought this on but...

I like it.

*applaud's*
I don't know what brought this on but...

I like it.

*applaud's*
@Rosesinger
I don't know it's usually that the most common fire dragons in lore clans are either Reps or a blacksmith. Or that Fire is considered kinda basic compared to the other flights like the fantastical Arcane and encompassing Wind.
@Rosesinger
I don't know it's usually that the most common fire dragons in lore clans are either Reps or a blacksmith. Or that Fire is considered kinda basic compared to the other flights like the fantastical Arcane and encompassing Wind.
@IronPen Well you have a point about how you can differentiate a flight dragon or rep by really thinking about things like this. I actually have a Fire Glassmith (and Blacksmith I admit it) but her passion is glasswork [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45126099] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/451261/45126099_350.png[/img] [/url] I've also always wondered about Nature's "hippie" stereotype when all the flavor text and subtext screams that it's actually an eat or be eaten insular tribal place. It's just also really pretty.
@IronPen

Well you have a point about how you can differentiate a flight dragon or rep by really thinking about things like this.

I actually have a Fire Glassmith (and Blacksmith I admit it) but her passion is glasswork

45126099_350.png

I've also always wondered about Nature's "hippie" stereotype when all the flavor text and subtext screams that it's actually an eat or be eaten insular tribal place. It's just also really pretty.
@Rosesinger
I mean the native species are Wildclaws which are exclusive carnivores, as in meat eaters. As in they don't touch the plants and aren't vegetarians.

And they snatch eggs to expand their own family trees. Just imagine how those politics work.
@Rosesinger
I mean the native species are Wildclaws which are exclusive carnivores, as in meat eaters. As in they don't touch the plants and aren't vegetarians.

And they snatch eggs to expand their own family trees. Just imagine how those politics work.
@IronPen

Thank you!!! My fire boi is actually a miner and I love it! I’ve given fire dragons so many cool passions and hobbies. Not to mention that there’s probably a lot of scientists, environmentalists and photographers there as well, since volcanic activity is a hotspot for geological studies and weather study. And photographic professionals that are willing to get that close to active volcanoes for study and hobby would benefit a lot of science related fields like Arcane and Lightning.
@IronPen

Thank you!!! My fire boi is actually a miner and I love it! I’ve given fire dragons so many cool passions and hobbies. Not to mention that there’s probably a lot of scientists, environmentalists and photographers there as well, since volcanic activity is a hotspot for geological studies and weather study. And photographic professionals that are willing to get that close to active volcanoes for study and hobby would benefit a lot of science related fields like Arcane and Lightning.
C2befjR.gif 000
Amy: No, Rosa, we are doing something important here. We are women, standing up and supporting each other and becoming-
(Rosa closes the trunk with Amy inside)
Rosa: New fear: listening to Amy inspire us.
Gina: Be back in a half hour, Ames.

164.png
@IronPen I did notice that! I've actually wondered if Dragons such as Tundras are looked down upon in nature since they *shudder* eat plants.

And I had overlooked that tidbit of Wildclaw culture. It's pretty interesting, also shows that they don't really care about shared blood itself, just family bonds.
@IronPen I did notice that! I've actually wondered if Dragons such as Tundras are looked down upon in nature since they *shudder* eat plants.

And I had overlooked that tidbit of Wildclaw culture. It's pretty interesting, also shows that they don't really care about shared blood itself, just family bonds.
I love this [emoji=coatl star size=1]
I love this
f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
7kXqKFJ.png
@IronPen The icefields are melting I assume due to some sort of climate change? It would make sense as its located right next to Fire and what with all the mining and refining etc the climate and ecology has likely deteriorated and taken a big hit in that regard. Fire needs to start thinking of more ecologically savvy ways to do some of the things they love doing.

I say all this in good humor, of course. Please do not take me as seriously criticizing a perfectly wonderful flight. :-D
@IronPen The icefields are melting I assume due to some sort of climate change? It would make sense as its located right next to Fire and what with all the mining and refining etc the climate and ecology has likely deteriorated and taken a big hit in that regard. Fire needs to start thinking of more ecologically savvy ways to do some of the things they love doing.

I say all this in good humor, of course. Please do not take me as seriously criticizing a perfectly wonderful flight. :-D
crimhasitallfiguredout.gif
...this post makes me super excited to move to fire for my next vacation spot! i'll be coming on the 20th!!
...this post makes me super excited to move to fire for my next vacation spot! i'll be coming on the 20th!!
TBD
1 2 3