Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mobile Tooltips Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I play on mobile a decent bit and I agree with almost all the users here. The notifications can be a pain sometimes with coming up with errors or the tooltip getting in the way of clicking. Bonding with familiars takes forever with the extra clicks. Dragons in the AH and not being able to see colors. Definilty one for me is when tooltips or buttons appearing out of my screen and then me having to zoom around my phone screen trying to find where it went. Sometimes Ill accidentally trigger someones user quote thingy popping up an I can't get it to go away when its blocking me from reading part of their forum post. I did see another user post this an it doesn't have to do with tooltips but the links on the sidebar are super small and I have to zoom way in to see them and still end up clicking the wrong one.

Overall I love FR either way one mobile or not but this is great that you guys are looking into this! Ill edit if I think of any more things
I play on mobile a decent bit and I agree with almost all the users here. The notifications can be a pain sometimes with coming up with errors or the tooltip getting in the way of clicking. Bonding with familiars takes forever with the extra clicks. Dragons in the AH and not being able to see colors. Definilty one for me is when tooltips or buttons appearing out of my screen and then me having to zoom around my phone screen trying to find where it went. Sometimes Ill accidentally trigger someones user quote thingy popping up an I can't get it to go away when its blocking me from reading part of their forum post. I did see another user post this an it doesn't have to do with tooltips but the links on the sidebar are super small and I have to zoom way in to see them and still end up clicking the wrong one.

Overall I love FR either way one mobile or not but this is great that you guys are looking into this! Ill edit if I think of any more things
Maybe the most annoying one is the "This lets you know how many Alerts you have" overlay. You have to get pretty tricky to get to your actual alerts.

It's also a pain that the window for picking things to melt in your cauldron is super, super small and that the confirmation box just hops to a random point on your screen.
Maybe the most annoying one is the "This lets you know how many Alerts you have" overlay. You have to get pretty tricky to get to your actual alerts.

It's also a pain that the window for picking things to melt in your cauldron is super, super small and that the confirmation box just hops to a random point on your screen.
shop_banner.png
i don't like them because they block other buttons. crossroads are especially bad for this and make it difficult to do on mobile
i don't like them because they block other buttons. crossroads are especially bad for this and make it difficult to do on mobile
arcane.png arcanef2.png xxxxxx xxxxxx tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_ofoo1dQtUR1tfmvub_100.png
Notifications are a nightmare on mobile, most of the time the tooltip doesn't go away and covers up what it's actually notifying me of. Tooltips in the coli get in the way a bit too, particularly when I'm trying to name a dragon and the info tooltip from the button to name from the coli pops up, but it's not quite as bad as notifications.
Notifications are a nightmare on mobile, most of the time the tooltip doesn't go away and covers up what it's actually notifying me of. Tooltips in the coli get in the way a bit too, particularly when I'm trying to name a dragon and the info tooltip from the button to name from the coli pops up, but it's not quite as bad as notifications.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I skimmed some pages and I didn't see anyone mention the skin/accent tooltips - those are pretty bad on mobile but they tend to "stick" open on desktop too. It's just really bad on mobile cause the only way to really get them to go away is to refresh.

Edit: Not a tooltip, but related mobile-only behaviour - it's really, really easy to accidentally tap "main menu" in the coliseum after a battle. For whatever reason the button is less sensitive to this on desktop? I would go so far as to say that the button is clickable on mobile before the image of it has even loaded.
I skimmed some pages and I didn't see anyone mention the skin/accent tooltips - those are pretty bad on mobile but they tend to "stick" open on desktop too. It's just really bad on mobile cause the only way to really get them to go away is to refresh.

Edit: Not a tooltip, but related mobile-only behaviour - it's really, really easy to accidentally tap "main menu" in the coliseum after a battle. For whatever reason the button is less sensitive to this on desktop? I would go so far as to say that the button is clickable on mobile before the image of it has even loaded.
RUZTraI.png JTWHxfW.gif ======
13thKingdom wrote:
Lightweaver is clearly our Grand Nagus anyway.
She's got the biggest lobes.
[quote name="minty" date="2019-01-07 16:41:36" ] Item tooltips, especially when trying to add items to Baldwin's Brew or PMs! It's frustrating to have to click on those little tiny icons multiple items. Plus scrolling can be a pain when you can pull up the tooltip accidentally. [/quote] yes! baldwin is a bit annoying on mobile. adding something to transmute takes one tap for the tooltip to appear, another to actually select the item, another to get rid of the tooltip and one more to begin the transmutation
minty wrote on 2019-01-07 16:41:36:
Item tooltips, especially when trying to add items to Baldwin's Brew or PMs! It's frustrating to have to click on those little tiny icons multiple items. Plus scrolling can be a pain when you can pull up the tooltip accidentally.
yes! baldwin is a bit annoying on mobile. adding something to transmute takes one tap for the tooltip to appear, another to actually select the item, another to get rid of the tooltip and one more to begin the transmutation
oIQUTOz.pngFIJXDaD.png5Pvzltj.pngT2nbrk6.pngWO1SIxZ.pngQxsISbc.pngsY5kKzN.pnguzVzjjZ.pngE3sjxsi.png4CuWrNp.png5Pvzltj.pngfwf0oTL.pngx9s8Oqn.pnge2wlrBb.pngEcccUE6.pngvu0JcZE.pngyamzawx.pngTCqj3qG.png
8uau7ND.png
I'm so glad this was bought up! The notifications tool tip is the worst. I have to zoom in so far to actually click on it.
I'm so glad this was bought up! The notifications tool tip is the worst. I have to zoom in so far to actually click on it.
owleics.gif
Seconding everyone pointing out notifications and trying to add items to Baldwin. It's terrible. CRs are also very difficult on mobile.

Also, skin/accent/apparel tooltips and previews! Getting those to work on mobile is like performing black magic. The previews don't always load correctly or the tooltip just refuses to show up at all. Sometimes the preview even locks your screen trying to load it and all you can do is close the tab. Also the tooltips can appear basically anywhere on your screen, they don't care which item you click.
Seconding everyone pointing out notifications and trying to add items to Baldwin. It's terrible. CRs are also very difficult on mobile.

Also, skin/accent/apparel tooltips and previews! Getting those to work on mobile is like performing black magic. The previews don't always load correctly or the tooltip just refuses to show up at all. Sometimes the preview even locks your screen trying to load it and all you can do is close the tab. Also the tooltips can appear basically anywhere on your screen, they don't care which item you click.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
Don't know how it'd be fixed but usually anything with multiple pop ups, like opening a chest, causes each subsequent pop up to move off the screen until I have to zoom out and to the right to see it. Don't know if anyone else mentioned this, just skimmed this topic.
Don't know how it'd be fixed but usually anything with multiple pop ups, like opening a chest, causes each subsequent pop up to move off the screen until I have to zoom out and to the right to see it. Don't know if anyone else mentioned this, just skimmed this topic.
Notifications & trading post tooltips
Notifications & trading post tooltips
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8