Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [ICEDOM] Shipwreck Showdown - Ice Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
\o/ Go ice!!
\o/ Go ice!!
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
[BR]----- -----[columns][FONT=CAMBRIA][SIZE=4]SHIP'S LOG, DAY THE THIRD; [/SIZE][/FONT][nextcol][color=transparent]++++++++++++++++++++++++++[nextcol][right][FONT=cursive][SIZE=4][i][b]the first expedition[/b][/i][/SIZE][/FONT][/columns]----- ----- [columns][color=transparent]+++++[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33560339][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/335604/33560339p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][indent][font=cambria][size=4][b]T[/b][/size][font=cambria][i]his day begins with cheerful weather as we sit at anchor near the wreck: a moderate breeze blowing north-northwest. Swell northerly with a slight sea, breezes variable into the evening.[/i] We were grateful for the moderate breeze - even at anchor, the sight of the rocks which ended the wreck would send a chill into the heart of any sailor. Speaking of sailors - dawn revealed what night had obscured; we are not alone in our excavation of the wreck. A ship hailing from the Tidelord’s domain has moored not far from us. Irate at their audacity - or perhaps in an early morning temper - Whipwillow went aloft to signal to the other crew that this find was clearly ours by right of heritage. However, they seemed to think the same, and would not budge. Time will tell, though we of course carry no doubt in our hearts; this magnificent galleon, so wonderfully crafted, is clearly the work of Ice dragons of yore. After a furious exchange of signal flags, Whipwillow descended from the rigging to inform us that while “those watery scallywags” were not hostile, they’d no intention of surrendering to our claim over the find. We shall have to contend with their presence as we inspect the ship-- at least until such a time as her origins can be established. Beaufort and Laurentia both were consumed by their hunger to begin the excavations, and so they took the longboat to take the first watch upon the ill-fated vessel. My fierce fae friend and I busied ourselves for the intervening four hours with ship’s business - long it has been since the Frosty Fortune’s deck was this tidy or thoroughly swabbed. Finally, after what seemed far longer than the single ship’s watch we’d negotiated, I marked our comrades disembarking from the wreck into the longboat. Both Whipwillow and I found it impossible to look away from the unremarkable spectacle of Laurentia and Beaufort rowing the longboat back to the Fortune, filled with anticipation and curiosity as we were. So consumed by it, in fact, that neither the reticent fae nor myself noticed the looks of apprehension that marred the countenances of our comrades as we made all haste to clamber into the jollyboat. Indeed, we each had an oar in hand before we turned up to the faces of our friends. “There’s something about that ship, Captain…” Beaufort spoke, his speech slow, deliberate-- unusually so. Laurentia nodded, clearly struggling to find what words to say. “I stand by my earlier claim: the wreck is not empty.” Seemingly recovered from his bout of stoicism, Beaufort interjected in his usual exuberant tones, "Captain - theirs, or its, Captain, wrote of clubhauling to avoid- and tragedy, hulled between sand and water, she brok- but also, a most auspicious- [I]trove.[/I]" Laurentia clicked her tongue as she stepped in front of the spiral, her tone grave. "There was movement, on the gun deck. Movement not-" she pauses, weighing her words. "Not [I]normal."[/I] There is a light in her eye that belies her serious expression, and I wonder what her intention toward these supposed happenings might be. Exchanging a look with Whipwillow - who I am certain shares my skepticism to the existence of ghosts and ghouls - I gave the two a curt nod, impatient to be off. “We are armed; with our wits, our blades, and your warning.” A chill sea breeze struck up then from the south, the kind that stirs the blood and warms the heart as it ripples through your fur. “And Icewarden’s blessing.” We struck out before either of the other two could add any further interjection, the both of us having had done entirely with waiting. All was dark and silent aboard the wreck. Too silent. The sounds of the sea seemed muted and far-away, as though the ancient timbers of this long-lost galleon were wrought of stone rather than aged wood. We held our weapons close; suddenly the words of our crewmates carried more weight. The air was slow and thick, the scent of rotting wood and mouldy rope, ruined canvas everywhere; nothing like the hearty, healthy smells of warm timber, pitch and tar that waited for us back on the Fortune. Our lanterns cast shadows that seemed to twist and loom unnaturally against the silvered wood, and everywhere was the water, waiting, brooding, black and cold as death itself. To say that the wreck was not unsettling would be a bare-faced lie; every shadow seemed loaded with portent, each corner threatening dark secrets. And always, the silence raised the hairs of my mane until I must have looked quite the foolish sight. The more we searched, the more we wondered about this ship, her crew, and her story. After the first hour, Whipwillow indicated silently that she had seen movement amidships, by the fallen mainmast - yet when I looked, I saw nothing. I turned my gaze aft, to the helm, and I saw - I know not what, but movement of neither wave nor sail. For all our eagerness, by the fourth hour of our search we were ready to return to the familiarity of our own sturdy vessel, bearing more questions than answers. I cannot help but wonder if Laurentia may be right - but I am too old for such fancies. The fear of things unknown will not keep me from claiming this relic for the glory of the Icewarden and my people. [/indent][right][br][br][font=cursive][size=5] - [i]Captain Frost Hallowind[/i] [/columns][br][br][center] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/3395.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/20120.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/262.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/5916.png[/img][/center] [Be]----- credits: ithika (46361), jetfeather (279801) and squidragon (48487)

SHIP'S LOG, DAY THE THIRD; ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
the first expedition

+++++ 33560339p.png
This day begins with cheerful weather as we sit at anchor near the wreck: a moderate breeze blowing north-northwest. Swell northerly with a slight sea, breezes variable into the evening. We were grateful for the moderate breeze - even at anchor, the sight of the rocks which ended the wreck would send a chill into the heart of any sailor.

Speaking of sailors - dawn revealed what night had obscured; we are not alone in our excavation of the wreck. A ship hailing from the Tidelord’s domain has moored not far from us. Irate at their audacity - or perhaps in an early morning temper - Whipwillow went aloft to signal to the other crew that this find was clearly ours by right of heritage. However, they seemed to think the same, and would not budge. Time will tell, though we of course carry no doubt in our hearts; this magnificent galleon, so wonderfully crafted, is clearly the work of Ice dragons of yore.

After a furious exchange of signal flags, Whipwillow descended from the rigging to inform us that while “those watery scallywags” were not hostile, they’d no intention of surrendering to our claim over the find. We shall have to contend with their presence as we inspect the ship-- at least until such a time as her origins can be established.

Beaufort and Laurentia both were consumed by their hunger to begin the excavations, and so they took the longboat to take the first watch upon the ill-fated vessel. My fierce fae friend and I busied ourselves for the intervening four hours with ship’s business - long it has been since the Frosty Fortune’s deck was this tidy or thoroughly swabbed.

Finally, after what seemed far longer than the single ship’s watch we’d negotiated, I marked our comrades disembarking from the wreck into the longboat. Both Whipwillow and I found it impossible to look away from the unremarkable spectacle of Laurentia and Beaufort rowing the longboat back to the Fortune, filled with anticipation and curiosity as we were. So consumed by it, in fact, that neither the reticent fae nor myself noticed the looks of apprehension that marred the countenances of our comrades as we made all haste to clamber into the jollyboat. Indeed, we each had an oar in hand before we turned up to the faces of our friends.

“There’s something about that ship, Captain…” Beaufort spoke, his speech slow, deliberate-- unusually so. Laurentia nodded, clearly struggling to find what words to say. “I stand by my earlier claim: the wreck is not empty.”

Seemingly recovered from his bout of stoicism, Beaufort interjected in his usual exuberant tones, "Captain - theirs, or its, Captain, wrote of clubhauling to avoid- and tragedy, hulled between sand and water, she brok- but also, a most auspicious- trove."

Laurentia clicked her tongue as she stepped in front of the spiral, her tone grave. "There was movement, on the gun deck. Movement not-" she pauses, weighing her words. "Not normal." There is a light in her eye that belies her serious expression, and I wonder what her intention toward these supposed happenings might be.

Exchanging a look with Whipwillow - who I am certain shares my skepticism to the existence of ghosts and ghouls - I gave the two a curt nod, impatient to be off. “We are armed; with our wits, our blades, and your warning.” A chill sea breeze struck up then from the south, the kind that stirs the blood and warms the heart as it ripples through your fur. “And Icewarden’s blessing.”

We struck out before either of the other two could add any further interjection, the both of us having had done entirely with waiting.

All was dark and silent aboard the wreck. Too silent. The sounds of the sea seemed muted and far-away, as though the ancient timbers of this long-lost galleon were wrought of stone rather than aged wood. We held our weapons close; suddenly the words of our crewmates carried more weight. The air was slow and thick, the scent of rotting wood and mouldy rope, ruined canvas everywhere; nothing like the hearty, healthy smells of warm timber, pitch and tar that waited for us back on the Fortune. Our lanterns cast shadows that seemed to twist and loom unnaturally against the silvered wood, and everywhere was the water, waiting, brooding, black and cold as death itself.

To say that the wreck was not unsettling would be a bare-faced lie; every shadow seemed loaded with portent, each corner threatening dark secrets. And always, the silence raised the hairs of my mane until I must have looked quite the foolish sight.

The more we searched, the more we wondered about this ship, her crew, and her story. After the first hour, Whipwillow indicated silently that she had seen movement amidships, by the fallen mainmast - yet when I looked, I saw nothing. I turned my gaze aft, to the helm, and I saw - I know not what, but movement of neither wave nor sail.

For all our eagerness, by the fourth hour of our search we were ready to return to the familiarity of our own sturdy vessel, bearing more questions than answers. I cannot help but wonder if Laurentia may be right - but I am too old for such fancies. The fear of things unknown will not keep me from claiming this relic for the glory of the Icewarden and my people.

- Captain Frost Hallowind

3395.png20120.png262.png5916.png
[Be]
credits: ithika (46361), jetfeather (279801) and squidragon (48487)
emXtQcv.gif9QxrTEM.pngpWX995k.png
Updated the log for today for easier reading!

Let's do this today Ice!
Updated the log for today for easier reading!

Let's do this today Ice!
8MJ4dyU.png
JmVDqSj.png
Retired from Arcane Dom
FRT + 3
Arcane Newbies
Arcane Dom Hub
Arcane Dom 101
It's Caesar
Call me Julius!
Coli Builds 2.0
Arcane Baldwin
Hatchery
[quote name="DeviBrigard" date=2017-07-12 03:24:18] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nyf6xnq1dup60x0/ivw_dw_banner.png[/img] Hello all~ We've had some new prizes donated and added to the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2227362#post_28155971]Ice OOF raffle[/url] since we started: [quote=Fake Custom Icons by Osiem][center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/g0bvr6wzga0t0fo/cherubgeneeggice.png[/img][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hwm2m54jyra1ken/treasure.png[/img][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o0v192luj3ozoki/icef2.png[/img][br][br][size=2][i]1 fake custom icon plus 2 recolors by Osiem(#30450) Prize can be selected by 10 people[/i][/size] [/center][/quote] [quote=Comet or ghostly orb?][center][item=companion comet][br][br][size=2][i]Companion Comet[/i][/size][/center][/quote] [quote=Praise the Sun][center][skin=23241][br][br][size=2][i]Skin: Sunblessed[/i][/size][/center][/quote] [quote=Vantablack][center][skin=21160][item=Inkwell Feathered Wings][item=Obsidian Roundhorn][item=Inkwell Tail Feathers][item=Crow][br][br][size=2][i]Accent: Epitome, Inkwell Feathered Wings, Obsidian Roundhorn, Inkwell Tail Feathers, Crow x 99[/i][/size][/center][/quote] [/quote] Updated prizes!
DeviBrigard wrote on 2017-07-12:
ivw_dw_banner.png

Hello all~

We've had some new prizes donated and added to the Ice OOF raffle since we started:
Fake Custom Icons by Osiem wrote:
cherubgeneeggice.pngtreasure.pngicef2.png

1 fake custom icon plus 2 recolors by Osiem(#30450) Prize can be selected by 10 people
Comet or ghostly orb? wrote:
Companion Comet

Companion Comet
Praise the Sun wrote:

Skin: Sunblessed
Vantablack wrote:
Inkwell Feathered Wings Obsidian Roundhorn Inkwell Tail Feathers Crow

Accent: Epitome, Inkwell Feathered Wings, Obsidian Roundhorn, Inkwell Tail Feathers, Crow x 99

Updated prizes!
8MJ4dyU.png
JmVDqSj.png
Retired from Arcane Dom
FRT + 3
Arcane Newbies
Arcane Dom Hub
Arcane Dom 101
It's Caesar
Call me Julius!
Coli Builds 2.0
Arcane Baldwin
Hatchery
*internal screaming*
*internal screaming*
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
Devouring these ship logs. Excited to see more!
Devouring these ship logs. Excited to see more!
MMfFirK.gifRKtq0HD.gifOLv0Mii.gif92mLQx5.gif92ST5Ld.gifGDqSNGg.pngI29yHe2.png
eye emoji (i'll put more thaw-t into these bump posts eventually i swear)
eye emoji (i'll put more thaw-t into these bump posts eventually i swear)
ZR271yP.gifeASrqZ4.gif
QUICK GUYS WE NEED TO BEAT WATER, I SEA THEY'RE IN THE LEAD

(i couldnt come up with anythning else bear with me ok)
QUICK GUYS WE NEED TO BEAT WATER, I SEA THEY'RE IN THE LEAD

(i couldnt come up with anythning else bear with me ok)
@SnowdinTown

I like that, SEA they're in the lead. ^^

We got this though! Ice, after all, is just frozen water. Only thing we can do is freeze their butts off.
@SnowdinTown

I like that, SEA they're in the lead. ^^

We got this though! Ice, after all, is just frozen water. Only thing we can do is freeze their butts off.
8MJ4dyU.png
JmVDqSj.png
Retired from Arcane Dom
FRT + 3
Arcane Newbies
Arcane Dom Hub
Arcane Dom 101
It's Caesar
Call me Julius!
Coli Builds 2.0
Arcane Baldwin
Hatchery
Ugh. I'm not able to level my fodder ;-; Sorry Ice! I'll keep trying to snipe cheap derguns for you guys though
Ugh. I'm not able to level my fodder ;-; Sorry Ice! I'll keep trying to snipe cheap derguns for you guys though
wORSkxL.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10