Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 163 164 165 166 167 ... 280 281
Hello, I was wondering if anyone would take a moment to read one of my dragon's lore and let me know what you think. You can skip the first section as that is still being worked on ([i]the character profile is basically a jumbled mess of notes at the moment[/i] [emoji=coatl deadpan]). The second half ([i]the recording[/i]) is the completed section I'm hoping you'll enjoy [emoji=coatl happy]. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22646868] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226469/22646868_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @DoctorEnsign That's a very interesting concept. Yours will be the second I've seen with a production company in mind, though yours is unique with the set up ([i]i.e. description of each player's role, episode outlines, etc[/i].) I'm interested in how it turns out and would love a ping when you get your writing started. [emoji=coatl star]

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would take a moment to read one of my dragon's lore and let me know what you think. You can skip the first section as that is still being worked on (the character profile is basically a jumbled mess of notes at the moment ). The second half (the recording) is the completed section I'm hoping you'll enjoy .

@DoctorEnsign

That's a very interesting concept. Yours will be the second I've seen with a production company in mind, though yours is unique with the set up (i.e. description of each player's role, episode outlines, etc.) I'm interested in how it turns out and would love a ping when you get your writing started.

buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight
Thank you very much for the kind words! I'm a total newbie to the whole lore writing, I don't even know where I'll be posting stuff outside the character bios, but I'm slowly figuring out what works best.

I took a look at the recording and I gotta say the voice of your character comes out really clear, if that makes sense. The only suggestion I would have is that for the Italic text to be in brackets to further break them up from the spoken text. So an example taken from the opening paragraph:

"[ Static starts the recording, followed shortly by the clearing of a voice. ]Testing. Testing. How do I know this thing is wor-- [The recording suddenly fell silent and stayed quiet for a solid minute before it jumped back to life. ]"

@Azurenight
Thank you very much for the kind words! I'm a total newbie to the whole lore writing, I don't even know where I'll be posting stuff outside the character bios, but I'm slowly figuring out what works best.

I took a look at the recording and I gotta say the voice of your character comes out really clear, if that makes sense. The only suggestion I would have is that for the Italic text to be in brackets to further break them up from the spoken text. So an example taken from the opening paragraph:

"[ Static starts the recording, followed shortly by the clearing of a voice. ]Testing. Testing. How do I know this thing is wor-- [The recording suddenly fell silent and stayed quiet for a solid minute before it jumped back to life. ]"

DistinctPiercingBillygoat-small.gif tenor.gif
I've wanted to have my strongest dragons at level 25 but that would be so much work. Right now most of my permas are levelled to 5 because I was grinding the Training Fields for den mats.... levels don't really factor into lore unless I want them to, lol.

Since the coli is so limited and using any build but a glass cannon is just shooting yourself in the foot, there's not much room or point to making lore relevant builds.

I've been doing lots of cleanup, rounding up dragons who are pretty but don't have lore, that sort of thing. Will continue that quest, and maybe write short histories for all my factions for anyone who comes across them.
I've wanted to have my strongest dragons at level 25 but that would be so much work. Right now most of my permas are levelled to 5 because I was grinding the Training Fields for den mats.... levels don't really factor into lore unless I want them to, lol.

Since the coli is so limited and using any build but a glass cannon is just shooting yourself in the foot, there's not much room or point to making lore relevant builds.

I've been doing lots of cleanup, rounding up dragons who are pretty but don't have lore, that sort of thing. Will continue that quest, and maybe write short histories for all my factions for anyone who comes across them.
@After
Can I be added to the pinglist? This thread is a brilliant idea and Im excited to check it out!
@After
Can I be added to the pinglist? This thread is a brilliant idea and Im excited to check it out!
IikKNU4.png Sam || They/It/He || PST
TUMBLR || LINK
ACOZFAh.png
eswSnrS.png
Hey, Happy Pi Day!

Coli levels! I love the coliseum. In the past, coliseum didn't play a strong part tbh, but the most important dragons of my clan are all level 25s. Now, however, with the implementation of a Pinkerlocke challenge, things changed dramatically and I love the path (haha, path, like my challenge. Shut up Shark) we're taking.

I created a scouts organization for my clan, and members go up ranks leveling! Each level has a distinctive highnoon hank color, and they also receive merit badges! I have badges for every coliseum venue, rank badges, and another category of badges for little challenges my dragons can complete, like collecting types of items, camping (you know, that window breaks between battles), bonding with their familiar, or rescuing baby unhatched eggs! I'm loving so much how the challenge lore is growing up, as well about my coli scout dragons!
Hey, Happy Pi Day!

Coli levels! I love the coliseum. In the past, coliseum didn't play a strong part tbh, but the most important dragons of my clan are all level 25s. Now, however, with the implementation of a Pinkerlocke challenge, things changed dramatically and I love the path (haha, path, like my challenge. Shut up Shark) we're taking.

I created a scouts organization for my clan, and members go up ranks leveling! Each level has a distinctive highnoon hank color, and they also receive merit badges! I have badges for every coliseum venue, rank badges, and another category of badges for little challenges my dragons can complete, like collecting types of items, camping (you know, that window breaks between battles), bonding with their familiar, or rescuing baby unhatched eggs! I'm loving so much how the challenge lore is growing up, as well about my coli scout dragons!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa earthanim4.gif ePOliyb.png
04PIMth.png
oxDm2Un.png
earthanim3.gif aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Coliseum levels used to play a bigger part in my lore than they do now, but they're still a relevant for some dragons. One of mine gets an outfit upgrade when he levels up! Early on, I tried to stat my dragons according to their lore, but when the min-max builds started to emerge, I had to abandon that approach. Now that I've got a decent handful of farming/training 25s, I can go back to making builds that are more for character than for combat. My breeding project is moving along, ever so slowly, and I've got a new hatchling, Kalthar! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50118126] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/501182/50118126_350.png[/img] [/url] Gonna figure out what his deal is today.
Coliseum levels used to play a bigger part in my lore than they do now, but they're still a relevant for some dragons. One of mine gets an outfit upgrade when he levels up!
Early on, I tried to stat my dragons according to their lore, but when the min-max builds started to emerge, I had to abandon that approach. Now that I've got a decent handful of farming/training 25s, I can go back to making builds that are more for character than for combat.

My breeding project is moving along, ever so slowly, and I've got a new hatchling, Kalthar!

50118126_350.png

Gonna figure out what his deal is today.
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
@narkov

Wow, I always love me some coli lore to read (I love to read Pinkerlockes etc but don't have the guts or time to do one myself at the moment), so I liked to read your explanation :) The idea of a scouts organization/ different color rank signalling honestly sounds like a lot of fun. I can see how this will improve the depth of your lore-writing experience for sure! Just had to chime in and cheer you on, haha

As for myself now, I will probably be a bit of a lazy butt still like I said earlier, but today I want to get a personality ranking template done that I can implement for all of my permanent residents (and maybe also the non-permanent ones). I will post it here if I get to writing it!
@narkov

Wow, I always love me some coli lore to read (I love to read Pinkerlockes etc but don't have the guts or time to do one myself at the moment), so I liked to read your explanation :) The idea of a scouts organization/ different color rank signalling honestly sounds like a lot of fun. I can see how this will improve the depth of your lore-writing experience for sure! Just had to chime in and cheer you on, haha

As for myself now, I will probably be a bit of a lazy butt still like I said earlier, but today I want to get a personality ranking template done that I can implement for all of my permanent residents (and maybe also the non-permanent ones). I will post it here if I get to writing it!
Cappu
+9 hours Flight Rising time
Your local nearly PG friendly milky coffee addict
click here for my art commission thread
I do traditional ink drawings of any creature!
@DoctorEnsign That's a wonderful idea to add the extra degree of separation, I really like that. Thank you for your feedback![emoji=coatl happy]
@DoctorEnsign

That's a wonderful idea to add the extra degree of separation, I really like that. Thank you for your feedback!
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
I totally ignore Coli level on account of the fact that I am far too lazy to make my lore-powerful dergs actually powerful in Coli. I'm more concerned with lore, especially since I'm selling some of my lore'd up dergs for a profit.

Today's goals...I really don't have a lot of time to write today, so I'd like to ammend some derg bios to fit their species a little more closely (why does that Tundra have control over a library if they're not great at remembering, for example), and write a whole new bio for one of my adoptable dergs.
I totally ignore Coli level on account of the fact that I am far too lazy to make my lore-powerful dergs actually powerful in Coli. I'm more concerned with lore, especially since I'm selling some of my lore'd up dergs for a profit.

Today's goals...I really don't have a lot of time to write today, so I'd like to ammend some derg bios to fit their species a little more closely (why does that Tundra have control over a library if they're not great at remembering, for example), and write a whole new bio for one of my adoptable dergs.
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
@After Your Phantom joke took me a minute to get, and then made me choke on my coffee, thanks. @DoctorEnsign Omg PLEASE write out more of your lore. I love that concept, and your dragons look so cute. I want to know their stories! @Azurenight I'm a huge fan of this recording idea! Is this something you're going to use across multiple dragons? My one suggestion is to really bring out those dramatic pauses more, maybe with a paragraph break? It would give a greater sense of silence, especially when she's saying something really emotional. For example: "Yet, I felt I knew him and had for some time. It was like looking upon a long lost friend. [i][A quiet settled on the recording][/i] We stood like that forever. Both of us locked on the others eyes with nary a word between us." Not sure if that's the style you're going for, but hope it helps! ----- As for me, I don't level my dragons unless they're going to be used in the Coli. However, I do have my [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=303221&tab=dragon&did=34590605]"warrior queen"[/url] who's still level 1, so maybe I should bump her up a few levels just for the aesthetic....but that's.....a lot of work..... But my lair is almost fully lored again! Yay! The last girl left to do is Dyna, my newest addition and a 7th generation Naomi descendant. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49379635] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493797/49379635_350.png[/img] [/url] Still not sure whether I'll actually include her heritage in the lore, but it's a good jumping off point for whatever I decide to do with her, I guess.
@After
Your Phantom joke took me a minute to get, and then made me choke on my coffee, thanks.

@DoctorEnsign
Omg PLEASE write out more of your lore. I love that concept, and your dragons look so cute. I want to know their stories!

@Azurenight
I'm a huge fan of this recording idea! Is this something you're going to use across multiple dragons? My one suggestion is to really bring out those dramatic pauses more, maybe with a paragraph break? It would give a greater sense of silence, especially when she's saying something really emotional. For example:

"Yet, I felt I knew him and had for some time. It was like looking upon a long lost friend.

[A quiet settled on the recording]

We stood like that forever. Both of us locked on the others eyes with nary a word between us."

Not sure if that's the style you're going for, but hope it helps!

As for me, I don't level my dragons unless they're going to be used in the Coli. However, I do have my "warrior queen" who's still level 1, so maybe I should bump her up a few levels just for the aesthetic....but that's.....a lot of work.....

But my lair is almost fully lored again! Yay! The last girl left to do is Dyna, my newest addition and a 7th generation Naomi descendant.

49379635_350.png

Still not sure whether I'll actually include her heritage in the lore, but it's a good jumping off point for whatever I decide to do with her, I guess.
Qpsus7P.pngDRg3gRE.png0edEIs6.pngNYbLrXm.pngTzaHawP.pngR827Sip.png
THE PLAGUE FLIGHT IS DOMINATING!
1 2 ... 163 164 165 166 167 ... 280 281